New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Who would win in a free-for-all between all Marvel heroes/antiheroes/villains?

Someone who's good at not getting into fights they can't win. Who has the fastest spaceship of the bunch?
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Who would win in a free-for-all between all Marvel heroes/antiheroes/villains?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Whoever can survive the Planet exploding.
    Good answer.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S
    - someone who knows what's up

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yeah, if God-Tier characters are out, than I'm gonna say Itsy-Bitsy.
    She almost died to Spidey when he got serious. She has literally no chance against any of the high tier characters unless you count getting annihilated and eventually reforming as a victory.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    She almost died to Spidey when he got serious. She has literally no chance against any of the high tier characters unless you count getting annihilated and eventually reforming as a victory.
    Considering that she regenerated from a single atom and the speed at which she reformed at macro-scale and the speed at which she became fuctional at micro-scale, I'm going to assume that she wins from atrition.

Her spider-sized form is also more monstrous than before, so she may have generated into a form that's more heavily mutated(and thus, by comic book logic, stronger,) though we'll need a second apearance from her to know if it stuck.(She said we'd see her real soon, so...)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Considering that she regenerated from a single atom and the speed at which she reformed at macro-scale and the speed at which she became fuctional at micro-scale, I'm going to assume that she wins from atrition.

Her spider-sized form is also more monstrous than before, so she may have generated into a form that's more heavily mutated(and thus, by comic book logic, stronger,) though we'll need a second apearance from her to know if it stuck.(She said we'd see her real soon, so...)
    I feel like she would get destroyed and re-form exactly once before other characters realized she has to be destroyed completely. Then that would be the end of it. If someone like Doom, Strange, etc wanted her dead it would be fairly trivial for them to do it.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-09-30 at 04:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

I feel like she would get destroyed and re-form exactly once before other characters realized she has to be destroyed completely. Then that would be the end of it. If someone like Doom, Strange, etc wanted her dead it would be fairly trivial for them to do it.
    God-tier characters are out though, so no Cosmic Tier Doom and Arguably no Strange, and that means anybody who could destroy every individual atom or erase her soul or depower her is either on the sidelines or would require the kind of resources and prep-time that an all out free for all fight to the death does't let you have.

And this is also assuming that people both see her get atomized and know she gets atomized. If all she does it regenerate a significant chunck of her biomass, hell, half the regenerators on the planet have been able to do that at one time or another, no need to give her special attention.

(It's also assuming that anyone else would have survived an attack powerful enough to atomize her, as I'm not seeing somebody busting out that kind of power for for just one person in this hypothetical)
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-09-30 at 05:26 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

If villains can win & Gods+ are out then I vote Shadow King. Possess a super's body, fight till dead. Possess super's body, fight till dead. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

God-tier characters are out though, so no Cosmic Tier Doom and Arguably no Strange, and that means anybody who could destroy every individual atom or erase her soul or depower her is either on the sidelines or would require the kind of resources and prep-time that an all out free for all fight to the death does't let you have.

And this is also assuming that people both see her get atomized and know she gets atomized. If all she does it regenerate a significant chunck of her biomass, hell, half the regenerators on the planet have been able to do that at one time or another, no need to give her special attention.

(It's also assuming that anyone else would have survived an attack powerful enough to atomize her, as I'm not seeing somebody busting out that kind of power for for just one person in this hypothetical)
    If that's the case, then my money would be on Juggernaut. Dude's survived just as worse and can resist hax abilities somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    If that's the case, then my money would be on Juggernaut. Dude's survived just as worse and can resist hax abilities somehow.
    Marko is vulnerable to both mental attacks(which are confirmed less effective against the insane, and Itsy is whacked) and weapons and attacks infused with mystical properties. He's also got a reputation for being a big hard to kill dude, so in a free for all to the death, all the people who can hurt him would probably gang up on him at once. The only people who really know about Itsy-Bitsy are Spider-Man, Deadpool, Mephisto(probably not present under the no God-Tier rules), and Patient Zero, so she's much less likely to get ganked.

And while Juggernaut is known to regenerate swiftly, Itsy-Bitsy is, to my knowledge, the only non-god-tier character explicitly capable of surviving and recovering from atomization.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-09-30 at 06:06 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Whoever can survive the Planet exploding.
    Meh, dying when the planet you're standing on explodes is a mild inconvenience for the average comic book character. I mean it might take a three issue special to come back, but they've all had worse.

Anyway, the real answer to the thread is "Whoever's name is on the book".

11. - Top - End - #41

RedWizardGuy

Isn't this the practical result of from the setup of Marvel Zombies? Then the winner is Death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I say Deadpool. He's done it before more or less, and he's just as good if not outright better at regenerating as Itsy Bitsy and oh, yeah, 4th wall breaker to counter Squirrel Girl.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I say Deadpool. He's done it before more or less, and he's just as good if not outright better at regenerating as Itsy Bitsy and oh, yeah, 4th wall breaker to counter Squirrel Girl.
    Itsy-Bitsy's healing factor is confirmed stronger than Deadpool's, presumably due to the fact that she was literally created to be "Spider-Man and Deadpool combined, but better" for the purpose of killin the two.

If nothign else, it's Marvel canon that when you have the same power from more than one source, it combines into a power stronger than either one individually(To use another example, Venom could lift 25 tons when Eddie gave up the symbiont. Scorpion can lift 15 as part of his base power. When Scorpion became the new venom, the symbiont based spider-powers combined with scorpion's own resulted in a 70 ton base lifting strength.)

A lot of people forget this, but Spider-Man has a low-level healing factor. He can't grow back limbs and it takes a while, but he doesn't scar easily and he can recover in minutes what would take hours for normal people and so on and so forth. Presumably, that combined with Deadpool's healing factor has something to do with why Itsy's healing factor is so powerful.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Eh, if we're going to start invoking tropes, it's also a very common comic book trope that a character engineered to be better than the original actually ends up being inferior.

Marvel has been pushing out scientifically engineered spider powered villains since Tarantula way back in the 60s and they're all jokes who get stomped by Spidey on the regular. I really don't see why you expect this one to be any different.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2017-09-30 at 11:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Eh, if we're going to start invoking tropes, it's also a very common comic book trope that a character engineered to be better than the original actually ends up being inferior.

Marvel has been pushing out scientifically engineered spider-powered villains since Tarantula way back in the 60s and they're all jokes who get stomped by Spidey on the regular. I really don't see why you expect this one to be any different.
    Becuase unlike all of those, she's actually better than Spider-Man--she's implicitly agiler and more maneuverable based on how the fights are coreographed, in the storyline she repeatedly outclasses SPiderman and Deadpool until Spidey seriously considered abandoning his no killing rule(and Deadpool taugt him how to fight with a Katana), and most importantly she survived and regenerated after being shredded to atoms as a result of being forced into a plasma breeder.

I'm pretty sure that makes her the most powerful non-god-tiered regenerator in the Marvel Multiverse.

And that's only the confirmed stuff. We can infer that she's stronger or potentially stronger than depicted based on what we know of the side-effects of the kind of regeneration she'd inherited from Deadpool, how Spider-Totem's work, and the "powers combine to make much stronger powers" thing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Deadpool's already played his best fourth wall card against Squirrel Girl, and all it did was distract her for a bit. Well, distract her enough to steal Dr Doom's time machine so she could try and prevent Robbie Baldwin from being an edgelord and become Penance.

(Squirrel Girl is aware she's in a comic but is contractually obliged not to mention it).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

And of Squirrel Girl, Dead Pool and Itsy-Bitsy, how many of them have killed the whole Marvel Universe themselves, twice, and wielded weapons that totally shut down regeneration and healing factors?
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marko is vulnerable to both mental attacks(which are confirmed less effective against the insane, and Itsy is whacked) and weapons and attacks infused with mystical properties.
    Not sure about mental weakness, but fair points otherwise.

And of Squirrel Girl, Dead Pool and Itsy-Bitsy, how many of them have killed the whole Marvel Universe themselves, twice, and wielded weapons that totally shut down regeneration and healing factors?
    Are alternate universes fair game? Because New Sun could simply become pure energy, let everyone duke it out, then pick on the leftovers. (Not that he can't stomp most of them. He took out his universe's Phoenix, after all.)

Issue with regenerators is that, unless they can dish hard and regenerate fast like juggs, in the long run, most of the time they'll just be permanent pink mists on the field.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

19. - Top - End - #49

The first one doesn't count, as it's a non-canon AU. As for Deadpool's Carbonadium Katanas... Yeah, assuming he still has those at the time, Deadpool used them to cut off two of Itsy-Bitsy's hands in Spider-Man/Deadpool 10.

They started regenerating instantly and were almost fully formed by the next panel. Presumably, it would be faster if he wasn't using a regen inhibiting weapon.

I'm pretty sure she's the strongest regenerator in Marvel, at least excluding God-Tier characters.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #50

Beholder

Eh. Plenty of characters can fly into space or survive underwater. I'd space or Boot-strap Bill the regenerators. I feel like this is a solid tactic, assuming plot armor is off the table. They might technically survive in some cases but they aren't doing much except living in perpetual agony.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

And of Squirrel Girl, Deadpool and Itsy-Bitsy, how many of them have killed the whole Marvel Universe themselves, twice, and wielded weapons that totally shut down regeneration and healing factors?
    That first point doesn't really work, though, because Squirrel Girl has defeated the entire Marvel universe as well.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S
    - someone who knows what's up

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Once. DP has done it twice.

As for Itsy Bitsy, Frankly, I think she'd be the sort that Dr. Doom would dup onto a rocket set to go one way with a Doombot, and launch into the sun and have done with it.
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #53

Once. DP has done it twice.
    In Non-Canon AUs. If those are in, then the prize goes to the version of Itsy-Bitsy that's also Venom from the "Venomized Villains" cover of Spider-Man/Deadpool 21

As for Itsy Bitsy, Frankly, I think she'd be the sort that Dr. Doom would dup onto a rocket set to go one way with a Doombot, and launch into the sun and have done with it.
    Okay, 1, that's assuming that Doom has a rocket and a bunch of Doom Bots on him at the time of a free for all battle to the death.

2: That's assuming that Doom Register's Itsy as a threat before he uses that up on someone like the Juggernaut, who he's more likely to know about and consider a threat...Though unles either the rocket or the sun itself if modified with magic, it's less likely to work with Juggernaut than it is with Itsy

3: If he could easily do that he'd have probably have done it to RIICHAAAARDS! by now, so I'm gonna say he either can't-do it or it's not his style

4: It wouldn't actually kill her. Parker Industry's Plasma Breeder is explicitly compared to the core of the sun. She survived being shredded to atoms by that. Sending her to the sun would incap her, probably for an extended period of time, but she'd still be alive by the end of the fight.

that is also assuming that whatever force is responsible for this free for all battle to the death hasn't intervened to prevent such unsportsman lik tactics.

Most realistically, Spider-Man would agros Itsy until either she killed him and moved on or until all the people who could realistically kill her had taken each other out or exhausted themselves taking out the regenerators and invulnerables that they know about and would consider a bigger threat.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2017-10-02 at 12:20 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

He's tried to do it to RICHAAAAAAARRRRRDDDDSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!.

More then once.

Richards is just nutso science guy enough that with his wife making a big enough force field and the ability to direct Johnny and Ben's raw powers, he managed to turn the rocket around and land it with out killing all the civilian's in the Baxter building when Doom did it, after he figured out how Doom got past Richards Stark Level or higher security system THIS TIME.

It's his style, as is ALWAYS knowing about what's going on on earth, always. And he's got the resources even with out his cosmic tier tricks and ability's. So it would be flawlessly in character for him to know and get her that way. Sure, it might not kill her right that second, but it'll take care of her till he can mop up everyone else, and deal with her at his leisure and with his undivided attention and resources.

Hell, he might even make a point to get a few others, like Juggernaught and most of the heavy hitters or regenerators who can't travel back on there own, in similar traps all at the same time just to take them off the board till he's ready to contend with them.
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hell, he might even make a point to get a few others, like Juggernaught and most of the heavy hitters or regenerators who can't travel back on there own, in similar traps all at the same time just to take them off the board till he's ready to contend with them.
    Surely you jest. Trion-juiced Juggernaut casually un-BFRs himself by walking through dimensions and back exactly where he wants to be
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2017-10-02 at 01:16 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty sure Trion Juiced Juggernaught is Cosmic and if that's on the table I'd like to introduce you to the Doom who stole Galactuses Power with a thought WITH OUT Beyonder Help.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #57

Pretty sure Trion Juiced Juggernaught is Cosmic and if that's on the table I'd like to introduce you to the Doom who stole Galactuses Power with a thought WITH OUT Beyonder Help.
    Whether Trion juiced Juggernaut is cosmic or not, Anything with Galactus's power is, so no Galactus Doom.

Re: Doom putting people in Rockets to the sun.

How exactly is he going to load all these people up into rockets in the middle a free for all fight to the death between thousands of individuals? At this point he's either too busy fighting or he's getting his ass kicked.

Even if he's only doing it to incap them with intent to bring back the survivors and finish them off later... He still wouldn't be able to kill Itsy when he brought her back and she's probably be somekind of spider-like monster, which considering how the Web of Life works, probably means that she'd be even stronger.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Historically it's been Doom or Magneto.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    The joke being there, that it is actually not Thanos. Later in the same serie he comment on how he is able to create clones that can fool even an Observer.
    That line always struck me as an Author Saving Throw, either by another writer trying to nullify the joke or the same one trying to hedge their bet.

Also, what GloatingSwine said.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    If villains can win & Gods+ are out then I vote Shadow King. Possess a super's body, fight till dead. Possess super's body, fight till dead. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    I wonder, could he hijack Supes?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I wonder, could he hijack Supes?
    Considering that Supes gets mind controlled or hijacked in every other story, I don't see why not.