New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Yay, I'm going to ComiCon (NY), but...

It's the first time I'l be visiting NY, and also the first time I will assist to a big event like ComiCon (in another country). So I'm unsure about what I will actually find there.

Me and my gal will be also cosplaying, just cause. But we aren't sure if there are changing rooms available or not. The hotel where we're staying isn't actually that far, and also it's very urban style cosplay (she's a vampire version of WW, and I will go as Sandman). But I think it would be more practical if we change clothes there, specially for her, who will be wearing what is essentially a night-dress (and I'm unsure about the state of public transport in NY).

So I guess that's my question: Will we find changing rooms/locker rooms for us at CCNY?
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Yay, I'm going to ComiCon (NY), but...

Cool! What day are you going? My girlfriend and I are going for our first time too

3. - Top - End - #3

SamuraiGuy

We're going on Saturday and Sunday alone, bc we miscalculated (we planned the trip before the NYCC was announced and we also had other plans too) and we probably wouldn't have had time to visit NY anyway (so it's not entirely a miss).

Our visit would be short in fact, but hey, at least I'll have my photo with Mark Hamil as a birthday gift! I may die in peace now :P

Our biggest concern is the costumes, because I would rather change clothes at the event. Problem being, the organizers never answered our question :( We also are unsure as to what people* in NY is used to around those events, altho that's probably a secondary issue. Being able to change clothes there would be more practical and avoid us the need for a cab ride.

*I mean muggles
    Last edited by Lord Joeltion; 2017-10-01 at 09:20 PM.
    (sic)

4. - Top - End - #4

To the best of my knowledge, New York Comic Con does not have offer a space where cosplayers can change into their outfits. TBH, I can't think of any major cons that offer that amenity.

5. - Top - End - #5

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, New York Comic Con does not have offer a space where cosplayers can change into their outfits. TBH, I can't think of any major cons that offer that amenity.
    Oh, well. We were expecting a similar answer, but having them responded with radio silence left us wondering. I been to cons in my country that offered spaces for that, and others that didn't. Still, we don't cosplay a lot. It's my first time, in fact.

Anyway, if you watch a Sandman riding the bus/train/whatever with a absolutely gorgeous Wonder Woman temptress by his side, say hi to a fellow grounder .
    (sic)

6. - Top - End - #6

I will definitely do that.

Course considering the sheer size of the event I won't be surprised if I end up saying hi to another Sandman/Wonder Woman duo that don't read OotS.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

New Yorkers are usually fairly cool with costumes. At least, nobody bats an eye at the people riding the subway to the Mermaid Parade wearing all kinds of stuff.

Where are you all staying?