New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: St George's Boarding School (IC)

Victor was actually shocked, by the Professor's statement. Sweet, I knew there was a reason I liked History so much.

Standing up, Victor looks around as the class leaves, glancing over at Deacon he says "You going to eat now or later? So, atleast part of my plan worked. Caitlyn, Connor, and Callista all know about the party. I'm willing to bet that before lunch is over Brittany will know as well. Connor will go..just to see if he can be king of the standing stones. Caitlyn and Callista will be there because Brittany will want to be crowned "Freshman Queen". Do you think we have anything left to do?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Summer's not exactly bad at maths. She can certainly do the basics well enough, and it all makes a certain amount of intuitive sense. She's suspicious that maths might have been one of the key things she was programmed to understand. But after a few minutes the numbers start to look like flowers and the division symbol like a butterfly, and she starts to doodle. By the end of the lesson, she's done all of the required work, but the information runs away like sand through her fingers, and Summer doubts she could do it again.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Deacon Frost, the Fae
    Harm: 0 of 4
    Conditions: None.

Deacon nodded at Vic as he shuffled out of the classroom, "I'll text ya, I just wanna hang and talk to the Professor before lunch, alright?" With that, he slowly began to pack up, watching the other student's filter out of the classroom. Deacon began to pack up his day timer, his binder with the history syllabus, and his art portfolio while the rest of the class filtered out early.

He walked up to Professor Grace's desk, "Umm, excuse me ma'am?" He looked at her nervously when she looked up from her lesson plan, "I was just curious, I've been reading about the School, it's grounds, and proximity to the Elysian Forest." He cleared his throat, "I know there's some historical sites in the forest, nature preserves and such, but what about the Standing Stones?" To the Professor, he looked nervous, perhaps a little scared, "Before class began I was sketching, I'd been reading about them here and there, but ...," he began to withdraw his portfolio, "I know this isn't art, but," he spread the sketch out on her desk. "Does this mean anything to you?"

Before he did, he noted Brittany and crew filtering past his desk, talking amongst themselves.

He slowly stood up, Connor glaring at him, however, he deftly stepped around the imposing young man, and smiled at Brittany, it was at that moment, that a slight breeze rustled through the class room through an open window. As she removed the hair from her eyes, Deacon was standing in front of her, staring at her with his sky blue eyes, intently, a smile on his face, he ran a hand through his own hair, "Hey Britt," his voice was calm, melodious, not as deep as Connor's but pleasing to the ear. He looked at her followers, who had withdrawn to a respectful distance, "How about after lunch we got for a walk, before 3rd." He paused, reached out, his fingertips sliding through her hair, delicately picking out a piece of fluff that had drifted in through the window. "There's something you should probably know."

OOC: Oh god, I am nervous to roll these dice, but here goes. Rolling Hot to Turn on Brittany. (2d6+2)[9]. Gulp! Success! Whewh! A String, give herself to me, promise something she thinks I want, or act embarrassed or awkward. Also, despite this scene, Deacon is still interested in talking with Professor Grace, but I wanted to arrange a meeting with Brittany first. Heh.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2017-10-04 at 05:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

BlueKnightGuy

"No worries, I'll catch up with you later."
    Victor says as he listens to Deacon.

Moving out of the classroom, Deacon walks over to one of the outdoor benches and sits down. Looking around he takes in the students walking about, on their way to wherever they are going.

Keeping an eye out for anything or anyone intetesting, Victor waits.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

History
    Professor Grace regards Deacon's sketch critically.

You drew this, right? she confirms. It looks very much like you.

The standing stones have been here at least as long as I have. I'm sure one of my students must have done a paper on them at some point, but I can't remember much of it off the top of my head.

I can probably find it. I keep all of the local history reports. She lowers her voice conspiratorially. You might be surprised at the quality of work some students turn in! A few of the papers could be turned into Doctorate Theses with just a little more work.

But you don't want to hear me brag. I can try to dig up one, if you want to read it. Though I expect you to cite it properly if you want to do a report about the standing stones; we have a very strict plagiarism policy here at St George's.

Deacon
    Brittany is easy enough to find, once you get away from Professor Grace. She is exactly where you'd expect her to be; surrounded by her closest friends, 'holding court' out at a table in the cafeteria. She's eating sushi for lunch. you have no idea where she got sushi from.

She looks you over appraisingly when you address her, but seems disinclined to leave her posse behind.

(ooc: Take a string on Brittany. You've got her interest.)

Emma was going to show me some new eyeliner before 3rd period.

There is no way that's going to take an hour and a half, no matter how much the girls like their makeup. She is just saying 'no' to the walk.

But I've got a few seconds to listen now if there really is something I should know.

Translation: you can tell me right here or not at all.

Victor

History got out really early. It shouldn't be a surprise that the only students milling about were people from that class.

Franklin has already found a comfortable spot and whipped out his Bio text book, working on that reading that Shipdown assigned due tomorrow.

Aaron has pulled on his coat (why is he wearing a coat? It's early September) and is heading for the exit. He'll probably come back after lunch. Probably.

Damien and Dorian are talking about something down the hall a little ways, by Damien's desk.

Miles is trailing after Connor, Callista and Caitlyn. That shouldn't surprise anyone; he'd fit right in with that group.

Sam
    Your phone chirps; you have a text message.
    Spoiler: Text log
    Show
    miss u 2. class is boring. R all the rich kids stuck up? Full moon in 2 weeks. Might sneak up n see u.

Algebra
    Class finally lets out, and not a second earlier than it was scheduled to.

Brittany and Emma clear out like a flash, taking the opportunity to 'accidentally' knock some papers off of Talia's desk on their way to lunch.

As everyone is filtering into the hall Rachel makes her way over to Cassandra and Siobhan

Hey, sorry. I couldn't really hear you guys earlier. What's up?
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

With so much unexpected free time on his hands, and breakfast already dealt with before bio, the breeze from outside calls to Sam like a siren's song as he passes an open window. A few minutes later, he finds himself out on the grounds, following the already-familiar path toward the woods.

When his parents had first started talking about St. George's, his image had been of a grey prison, surrounded by walls, with no green to be seen anywhere. Silly, true--it wasn't like boarding schools kept people locked up--but that was what the place's oh-so-prestigious reputation had conjured. The first sight of the grounds had been such a relief he'd almost wanted to cry. Finding a spot in the sun at the base of one old tree, he sits against the roots and just breathes in the air, feeling like it's adding years to his life. He wishes it was night, wanting to change, to dive into those woods, to hunt...

The buzzing of his phone pulls him back to reality. Pretty sure he knows who it is, he pulls it out right away to check. Though the last sentence has him confused, he can't help but grin like an idiot as he types back...

Show
    Sam: hey babe. u up yet? just had 1st class n I already miss u <3
    Margot <3: miss u 2. class is boring. R all the rich kids stuck up? Full moon in 2 weeks. Might sneak up n see u.
    Sam: yes XD some of them are still ok tho. oh my God that would be so awesome but how would u get up here? is there a bus?
    Last edited by Amaril; 2017-10-05 at 08:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam

This time the response is almost immediate.

Spoiler: Text Log
    Show
    Margot <3: miss u 2. class is boring. R all the rich kids stuck up? Full moon in 2 weeks. Might sneak up n see u.
    Sam: yes XD some of them are still ok tho. oh my God that would be so awesome but how would u get up here? is there a bus?
    Margot <3: its nto 2 far 2 run if I can stay the night, run back the next night?

Then before you can respond your phone dings again.

Show
    Margot <3: its nto 2 far 2 run if I can stay the night, run back the next night?
    Margot <3: *not
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-10-05 at 09:00 AM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

8. - Top - End - #98

It's as if a weight lifts off Sam's shoulders--he suddenly feels very silly. Of course she can move fast enough while changed to cover the distance in less than a night. It's only about an hour's drive, and by his judgement, she can run damn near as fast as a car.

Show
    Sam: holy f*** I can't believe I didn't think of that. ok this whole thing suddenly sucks so much less.
    Sam: yes you can totally hide in my room. my roommate seems like an a**hole so far but he's been acting nice to me at least so I don't think he'll tell.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam

Show
    Sam: holy f*** I can't believe I didn't think of that. ok this whole thing suddenly sucks so much less.
    Sam: yes you can totally hide in my room. my roommate seems like an a**hole so far but he's been acting nice to me at least so I don't think he'll tell.
    Margot <3: Did you not? lol at least ur cute. F***, forgot about your roommate. U want me to beat him up 4 u?

You smell Aaron walking towards you before you see him. The guy smells perpetually of weed. It's subtle enough that the teachers probably don't notice, but, well, werewolf. He showers, at least, so his odor isn't the most offensive at school.

He probably thinks you don't notice him.

10. - Top - End - #100

Alright two classes down, and by now Wynne was beginning to feel a little less like a grumpy shadow and more like an actual human being. Lunch was next, and she contemplates whether or not she really wants to go to the cafeteria. The food there isn't bad, this is a prestigious academy after all, but Lunch is also a good source of reliable alone time and she doesn't really get 'hungry' in the traditional sense anymore.

Then again Summer might want to eat together. Or she might not. Wynne doesn't feel like she knows her well enough yet to just presume that sort of thing. And if she asks out loud Sarah would probably try to invite herself. Instead she checks her day planner.

"What class do you have after lunch?" she asks, leaving the question general so either of them could answer if they wanted to.

11. - Top - End - #101

The wafting scent of weed makes Sam's nose twitch. Not really needing to look to guess who it is, he nonetheless casts a sideways glance upwind, spotting the source right away.

It's not really any of his business what Aaron is up to, but he still finds himself gripped by a certain curiosity. Plus, smell aside, Aaron seems at least marginally less stuck-up than most of his classmates; maybe he's worth getting to know. Dashing off another quick response text, he stows his phone and pretends to be looking elsewhere while tracking Aaron, waiting to see if he stops or heads deeper into the woods.

Show
    Margot <3: Did you not? lol at least ur cute. F***, forgot about your roommate. U want me to beat him up 4 u?
    Sam: lol please I can do it myself XD brb, gotta deal with something.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Wynne
    French Sarah answers. I think I'll be good at it. I lo-ove foreign films, and isn't French just so romantic? She draws 'love' out into two syllabus.

Sam

Aaron, in fact, makes a beeline for you.

He is quiet. Most other people at school would probably be very surprised to find him suddenly standing there, especially if they were distracted by their phone. Most other people at school don't have your nose.

Hey. You wasting all day on your phone? Typical millennial. From his tone he, at least, thinks he is being funny.

13. - Top - End - #103

Sam answers with a smirk. "Hey, some of us actually have people to keep in touch with." He glances over Aaron's shoulder, at the school building. "You going to this party Deacon was talking about?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Siobhan, the Witch

Siobhan gives Rachel a smile, "Oh, Cassandra here had something to ask you." she then kneels down to help Talia pick up her scattered papers "What goes around comes around, don' worry none they'll pay a debt when fate comes reckonin'", with a last glance over at Cassandra and Rachel she departs for the canteen.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam

Your phone 'dings' again. That'll be Margot's reply. You'll get to it.

Eh. I dunno, man. Aaron shrugs one shoulder. Parties aren't really my thing, you know? Too much posturing. Too much chest-beating. I'm not about that life.

But, uh

He tries to look casual. He fails.

Do you know if Talia is gunna be there?

Spoiler: Text Log (when Sam gets to it)
    Show
    Sam: lol please I can do it myself XD brb, gotta deal with something.
    Margot: K ILY TTYL

Algebra

Rachel looks at Cassandra quizzically.

Oh, thank you Talia says to Sibohan.

I don't think mildly inconveniencing me is going to factor when fate catches up to Brittany. Or Emma, for that matter. Did you know her family's cosmetics company still tests on animals? She makes a face like she has smelled something sour.
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-10-05 at 10:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueKnightGuy

Bored for the moment, Victor gets up and decides to grab some lunch. As he does he sees Brittany and her little crew holding court at one of the outside tables.

Deciding there's nothing left to do, Victor sits down and watches them. Studying the group like a lion studying some antelope, Victor waits.

Spoiler: Out of character
    Show
    Basically Victor is studying the power level within the group. Obviously Brittany is at the top level, but who is at the bottom?

-Victor is taking it as a challenge to get a date or more from Brittany or one of her girls. (I'm determined to break the low number streak..lol)

17. - Top - End - #107

"Talia...she the one with the purple hair?" He almost forgets about Aaron, his nose wrinkling with disgust--if hypocrisy had a scent, it would be hers. All that high talk about protecting nature, when someone like her wouldn't survive two seconds if the "nature" she had in mind were allowed to run its course...

He shakes awake, realizing Aaron's still there, and forces a smile. "Uh, I dunno. I only heard about it from Deacon this morning. I can ask him when I see him next."
    Last edited by Amaril; 2017-10-05 at 12:55 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Victor

Victor gets to the cafeteria in time to see Deacon approach Brittany's table, ask her to go for a walk, and get shot down (abet a great deal more gently than Callista had shot Victor down. There was no laughing involved).

Nothing has happened to make the hierarchy clear just yet. Brittany is sitting on the table with her sushi while, Emma, Callista, Connor, Brent, Caitlyn and Miles each have taken a seat (on chairs) at the table in that order starting on Brittany's right and continuing counter-clockwise around the circle. Most of them have meals of their own, the main exception being Callista, who just has a thermos of some sort that she is drinking out of. Deacon has remained standing thus far.

Sam
    Don't go asking on my account Aaron responds. But yeah. That's her.

He glances around for a change of topic. He settles on you smoke?

19. - Top - End - #109

BlueKnightGuy

Victor sits back and watches the little clique with a bored expression. Finishing up his lunch, Victor throws the trash away and slowly walks towards his next class.

Spoiler: Out of character
    Show
    unless someone wants to interact with Victor, I'm set to advance to the next class.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-10-05 at 12:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Victor

Victor is in the hallway headed towards his next class, not bothering anyone, when someone bumps into him from behind making him stumble forward.

That someone turns out to be Allen. Apparently now is 'later' enough for him, though he doesn't stop walking. Just turns and sneers at Victor. He jerks his head in a 'this way' motion and steps out the nearest exit onto the grounds behind the school.

21. - Top - End - #111

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeze View Post
    Victor

Victor is in the hallway headed towards his next class, not bothering anyone, when someone bumps into him from behind making him stumble forward.

That someone turns out to be Allen. Apparently now is 'later' enough for him, though he doesn't stop walking. Just turns and sneers at Victor. He jerks his head in a 'this way' motion and steps out the nearest exit onto the grounds behind the school.
    Fair enough....with the way my day is going this makes sense.

Victor follows Allen outside and behind the school.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Victor

Allen gets maybe all of twenty feet from the school before he turns to face you and assumes a boxer's stance. Dude is squared up and legitimately prepared to fight you, over a seat at the back of first period biology. At least he's waiting for you to throw the first punch?

Sam
    Over Aaron's shoulder you see - is that Allen? Is Victor following him? Yes to both. Allen squares up like he's ready to fight Victor right then and there.

23. - Top - End - #113

BlueKnightGuy

Victor smiles as the thrill of the incoming fight causes his adrenaline to spike. Dropping into a boxers stance of his own, Victor surges forward with the first blow.

Spoiler: attack
    Show

(2d6)[4][5](9)
    -1 equals 8...not bad.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-10-05 at 03:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Sam shakes his head. "Nah, not really my thing." His tone makes it clear he has nothing against it--he just can't deal with the smell.

He's saved the trouble of trying to get the conversation moving again by a glimpse of approaching movement behind Aaron. "Hey guys, what--" Before he can even finish his sentence, Allen and Victor are squared up and Victor is on the attack. "Whoa!" Sam cries, leaping to his feat perhaps a little faster than he looks like he should be able to. "Damn, I didn't think you guys were serious!" He stays out of it for the moment--Victor and Allen both look like they're walking into this by choice, and he's not about to interfere with that.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Siobhan, the Witch

"Well, I'll not judge her by the sins o' the father, I reckon' she'll have plenty of her own to judge upon. Deacon's plannin' a party out by the old stones, yeh seem like a girl who'd like a good shindig. An I'll try an' keep the brats off your back if you like?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam

Aaron turns more slowly than you did, having not been aware of the fight until you exclaimed. he comes to stand beside you, though his posture seems to indicate that he's a lot less inclined to get involved.

Sam and Victor
    Victor gets the first punch in, connecting solidly with Allen's gut. Allen doubles over, but then turns the motion into a knee to Victor's face. The two go down, punching and kicking, neither one graceful or, you know, trained to fight. Just trying to hurt one another.

A few seconds later, before anyone from inside the building has even had time to notice, the boys separate, rolling away from each other. A bruise is already forming on Victor's left eye, and Allen's lip is cut and bleeding.

Allen stands up quickly, breathing hard more from adrenaline than exertion.

F*** me! Maybe Tyler Durden has a point!

He's not even looking at Victor. There has been no clear winner, but Allen seems to think that the fight is over.

(ooc: Victor, take 1 harm)

Aaron and Sam are both watching.

Algebra
    Oh! Yeah, sure! I can bring some of my vegan BBQ cauliflower bites! Talia chirps.

Are you a vegetarian, Siobhan? It really is the best thing you can do for the animals, for yourself, and for the environment!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spinningdice View Post
    Siobhan, the Witch

Siobhan gives Rachel a smile, "Oh, Cassandra here had something to ask you." she then kneels down to help Talia pick up her scattered papers "What goes around comes around, don' worry none they'll pay a debt when fate comes reckonin'", with a last glance over at Cassandra and Rachel she departs for the canteen.
    Cassandra looks at the ground nervously and replies, "Oh, uh, yeah. Siobhan wanted me to invite you to the whole 'party in the woods' thing. I doubt you're interested, right?"

28. - Top - End - #118

BlueKnightGuy

Victor feels the pain of the bruise begin to spread. Well, atleast I gave as good as I got.

"Truce, you want to keep duking it over a chair...fine let's go for round two. Just be warned that we stand a good chance of being caught and getting worse than a bruised ego. Let's call it a draw, and go get cleaned up. We still have a good chance of keeping this under wraps."

Victor pauses for a few moments to see what Allen does.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Siobhan, Witch

Siobhan gives Talia a curious look "No, but when I shop for myself I buy ethically and limit what meat I do eat. Though I'll not waste food put in front of me. Anyway, we'd best be on to the canteen or there'll be no choice on what's for eatin'" This is of course nonsense, St. George's students were affluent enough to ensure there was plenty of food to go around, even for late comers.
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2017-10-05 at 05:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra
    Rachel looks briefly confused.

Of course I want to come to the party. I'd love to spend time with you.

Victor and Sam

Allen chuckles. You don't have to talk me out of round two. I'm done.

Aaron rolls his eyes. Tyler Durdon is supposed to be the villain of that book. He destroys lives because he's sexually insecure.

Allen claps back Guess it's hard to be sexually insecure when you're a virgin, Aaron!

Aaron extends a single middle finger towards Allen. F*** you. I'm gunna go smoke. There's no way I'm walking into Shipdon's class sober.

Then he walks off to do just that.