New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XIV: The Emperor Floats Those Who Float Themselves

Why do we have a fluff thread and a tabletop thread? Well, because, to put it bluntly, arguments about fluff can take up a lot of space. And that makes it hard for people to get critiques on their list. So, if you need to find out what's a good color scheme for your custom Dark Angels Successor chapter, Argue the morality of the setting yet again (Oh, how we wish you wouldn't), or even share fluff you've written for your army, here's the place.

Just remember, in the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only pointless bickering!

Previous Threads
    I: Warning: No Fanboys Allowed ()
    II: Heresy Grown From Idleness
    III: You're Emprah? Well I didn't vote for you!
    IV: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion IV
    V: WARNING: May Contain Heresy
    VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten
    VII: There's A Codex Entry For That
    VIII: Khorne's Most Favourite Thread EVER
    IX: Post-Human Centipede
    X: Yippe Ki-Yay, Heretic!
    XI: Juggling Idiot Balls
    XII: DIS FINGY GOT NO SQUIGZ IN IT
    XIII: You Must Smash Additional Pylons!

Last time in the Fluff Thread: Wishing for plastic Sisters of Battle. And arguing over whether or not they should get the Primaris treatment, for some reason.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2017-10-02 at 03:15 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XIV: The Emperor Floats Those Who Float Themselves

I love how absolutely obscure our title reference is.

Anyways, how much is each codex 'advancing' the plot? Because I do notice a bunch of stuff happening in each one, in regards to how things have changed.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XIV: The Emperor Floats Those Who Float Themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Reminds me of "It".
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Please make an actual argument
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Why is it dumb though? I would say that Cawl messing around with the transformation sequence were one of the few fitting ways for introducing augumented Sisters of Battle.
    Because it takes the Sister of Battle's fluff and drags it out back, by the hair, and slowly shoots it to death with a minimum powered las pistol, starting with its feet and working up.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Says who they just dont get black carapace mod there is no info about them pure humans and i bet extraminatus on most of them gene-modded on recruitment. So cawl can make them stronger is possible just bit more harder then regular marines
    No, no, no, no. You are so many kinds of wrong. Sisters of Battle are not gene modded. Ever. They find the entire process to be abhorrent and would probably shoot you for even suggesting it. To put it in context, they refer to Space Marines as abhumans. Think about that for a second

Sisters will get Bionics, extremely valuable Sisters may get rejuvenation treatments, a Sister plagued with a (non Chaos) disease that causes her muscle mass to be seriously damaged will have vat grown muscle surgically attached, but they will not, under any circumstances, allow themselves to be genetically modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Because it takes the Sister of Battle's fluff and drags it out back, by the hair, and slowly shoots it to death with a minimum powered las pistol, starting with its feet and working up.
    Honestly, how much more than "religious fanatic in power armor" does the Sister of Battle fluff contain?
    It does for that matter not make to much sense that they look down on the Space Marines almost everyone else in the empire more or less revere as the Emperors Angels of Death.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Honestly, how much more than "religious fanatic in power armor" does the Sister of Battle fluff contain?
    It does for that matter not make to much sense that they look down on the Space Marines almost everyone else in the empire more or less revere as the Emperors Angels of Death.
    I mean, you could... go read the fluff? Before you talk about sweeping modifications?

One of the main tenets of the Sisters (and the Eclisiarchy in general) is that the human form is Holy. This why you'll often hear them shouting about "Purity". Mutants are bad, xenos are worse, abhumans are "tolerated" as third-class citizens only because they're stable and sometimes useful (and most Eclisiarchs would prefer to just burn them all if the Administratum would let them). Another main tenet is that the Emperor is literally God, omniscience and perfect, and he made us and walked among and we must have faith in his plan even when everything is on fire. The Space Marines break both of these tenets: they are Superhuman/Posthuman, and revere the Emperor as merely the greatest of all men.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Its simple, Space Marines arent human. Full Stop. Then combine in the fact that over half turned traitor and now they hate them and dont trust them. The only thing stopping them from out and out trying to kill them is the fact that they where made by the Emperor, so they deal with it.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

They also view marines with contempt for allowing psykers in their ranks.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Have you made any effort at all to look beyond the most cursory examination?

As others have said, their big deal is purity (not that kind, our nuns are different). Humans are the greatest thing ever and you can't make them better by fiddling around and changing what makes people human because then they aren't human anymore. See Astartes for the premier in universe example, they even refer to themselves as transhuman and repeatedly aknowledge that not only are they ex-humans, but that they're so far removed from humanity that it causes problems on occassion. The only reason it's OK is that the Emperor did it and, since he's the Emperor, it's OK for him to tamper because he's a the God. Now, like most religious positions, this is not quite as well thought out as it could be, but that's their thing.

Then there's the whole totally-not-the-ecclessiarchy's-private-army-at-all-no-sir thing they have after being expressly forbidden to have "men under arms" after the last 'bout of crazy that happened, some RAW is law rules lawyer decided that if he simply kept the girls in their bodyguard positions, then technically, the ecclessiarchy wouldn't be breaking the law. The rest of the imperium just sort of sighed, admitted it was actually kinda funny (and better than having all the male soldiers underarms removed) and let them go about their business.

There's the various orders (both military and civilian), the various uses for the various orders (more times is spent intimidating locals into either behaving themselves or paying up their tithes than fighting), advising govenors and such, being a figurehead and morale booster, the ties to the schola, the research done by the non-military orders, connections with the Inquisition, correcting wayward behaviour of various members of the ecclessiarchy, the list goes on.

Saying "lol, is there even more to SOB than being Nuns with Guns?" is like saying that spess muhreens have no backstory, 'nids are zerg knockoffs, there's no difference between DE and vanilla eldar, tau are the unequivocablly the "good guys" and the inquisition exterminatus every planet they come across. It's a combination of blatant ignorance of the setting and just being flat out wrong.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

In practical effect, this would effectively remove the Imperium Keyword. Dark Angels couldn't be allied to Ultramarines for example. And hopefully Guard would end up with all three, and could be allied to Chaos, Guilliman, and the Lion alike.
    See, if GW actually progressed their timeline, that's what would happen; 'You can't have Guilliman in an army that includes any <Renegades>. Regardless of other Keywords.' Cawl would have a <Renegade> Keyword. Similar to how Cypher has <Imperium> and <Chaos>.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    There's the various orders (both military and civilian), the various uses for the various orders (more times is spent intimidating locals into either behaving themselves...)
    I smiled so bigly in Shield of Baal where Grace just shoots ranking Cultists from the top down until she gets a native who's willing to deal with her (after he sees everyone else in the line get shot for Heresy). But Curze was wrong...Right?
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    I smiled so bigly in Shield of Baal where Grace just shoots ranking Cultists from the top down until she gets a native who's willing to deal with her (after he sees everyone else in the line get shot for Heresy). But Curze was wrong...Right?
    It was never that Curze was wrong, in that his methods work; its that it didnt last, as proven by his own world and Legion.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, if it gets people curious, job's a good 'un.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The emprah declared it. You dare question the emprah's words?

This is that Grace you speak of seems well on her own way to heresy as far as the emprah is concerned.

Liked when Magnus tried to warn daddy of the incoming rebellion, the emprah didn't care about said priceless intel given for almost free. The emprah simply ordered the thousand sons to be curbstomped.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    The Space Marines break both of these tenets: they are Superhuman/Posthuman, and revere the Emperor as merely the greatest of all men.
    That is false. There's plenty of spech merines quotes addressing the emprah as their god. They believe that when they die the emprah will guide their souls and they'll get to sit at his right side in the afterlife. And they follow the dogmas the emprah left with such fervor to make the most devout eclesiarchs weep with envy.

Or what, mister posthuman couldn't develop a significantly better wargear or vehicle chassis after 10 000 years? It's like claiming our modern commandos fight clad in the finest raw fur coats and master crafted wooden spears. But the emprah ordered them to use that design of power armor and bolter, and the spuch merines obeyed with no question for ten millenia when they could've used their posthuman brains to develop something-anything multiple levels above.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2017-10-02 at 08:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Usually it's their mere presence that ensures compliance, but when all else fails, if you're not obeying the ecclessiarchy, you're not obeying the Emperor, and that's as many as 4 tens terrible.

Also, what's the old saying? If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    The emprah declared it. You dare question the emprah's words?

This is that Grace you speak of seems well on her own way to heresy as far as the emprah is concerned.
    Yes yes, the entire Echlisearchy is heretical in Bigs Es eyes, we know.

Liked when Magnus tried to warn daddy of the incoming rebellion, the emprah didn't care about said priceless intel given for almost free. The emprah simply ordered the thousand sons to be curbstomped.
    And wrong. Big E just told Russ to go watch Magnus, like he was under house arrest. Tzeentch garbled the message so Russ would burn the place to the ground.

That is false. There's plenty of spech merines quotes addressing the emprah as their god. They believe that when they die the emprah will guide their souls and they'll get to sit at his right side in the afterlife. And they follow the dogmas the emprah left with such fervor to make the most devout eclesiarchs weep with envy.
    Theres a few Chapters that do worship Big E as a god, but the vast majority just consider him the pinnacle of what it means to be human.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Once again, have you even read ANY of the heresy novels on the subject? Thats, like, nothing at all like what happened, even to Magnus' own admission.

Or what, mister posthuman couldn't develop a significantly better wargear or vehicle chassis after 10 000 years? It's like claiming our modern commandos fight clad in the finest raw fur coats and master crafted wooden spears. But the emprah ordered them to use that design of power armor and bolter, and the spuch merines obeyed with no question for ten millenia when they could've used their posthuman brains to develop something-anything multiple levels above.
    That just goes contrary to how development works in so many ways its not even funny. In order to do any of that, its not a case of a 'super human brain' coming up with anything; you need to continue research into the fundamentals (metallurgy, ballistics, computing, etc), set up a production line, set up a supply line for said production line, then set up a logistics chain across a distance so enormous you need to step into hell just to get anywhere. Im not entirely sure how you expect any of that to happen when every chapter is constantly undermanned due to endless fighting and attrition, when even chapter survival isnt a given and when everything is handled by the AdMech. Once again, its like if you are talking about this setting you imagined, not whats actually writen anywhere.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    That just goes contrary to how development works in so many ways its not even funny. In order to do any of that, its not a case of a 'super human brain' coming up with anything; you need to continue research into the fundamentals (metallurgy, ballistics, computing, etc), set up a production line, set up a supply line for said production line, then set up a logistics chain across a distance so enormous you need to step into hell just to get anywhere. Im not entirely sure how you expect any of that to happen when every chapter is constantly undermanned due to endless fighting and attrition, when even chapter survival isnt a given and when everything is handled by the AdMech. Once again, its like if you are talking about this setting you imagined, not whats actually writen anywhere.
    It gets worse once you realize that Space Marine's arent necessarily any smarter than anyone else, they arent really designed to be. Space Marines are optimized for one thing, fighting humans and (to a lesser extent) xenos. Thats it. You want new tech, talk to the tech priests, you know, the guys who replace half their brain with computers?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Once again, its like if you are talking about this setting you imagined, not whats actually writen anywhere.
    ...It's what happens when someone gets all their fluff from 1d4chan and/or Text-to-Speech.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

...It's what happens when someone gets all their fluff from 1d4chan and/or Text-to-Speech.
    he just comes off as too preachy, without any actual foothold on which to base his assumptions; if you are gonna be derisive or sarcastic, you cant have a barely passing familiarity with your subject matter.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

he just comes off as too preachy, without any actual foothold on which to base his assumptions; if you are gonna be derisive or sarcastic, you cant have a barely passing familiarity with your subject matter.
    I just wish you guys wouldn't quote him since then I have to see the rage inducing stupidity that normally gets blocked out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

if you are gonna be derisive or sarcastic, you cant have a barely passing familiarity with your subject matter.
    Subject Matter > 1d4chan/TTS > Audience.

Now, I'm not saying that people who watch TTS don't read books. I've watched the occasional episode, also having read a bunch of books. To me, sometimes, TTS is funny, because I have context for the joke that is happening. TTS has to have read the source material, otherwise they wouldn't be funny at all. "It comes from a place of love, not hate." There's no way that you could do what that show (channel?) does, without having devoured almost everything you could get your hands on.

Unfortunately, I know for a fact that there are people who watch TTS or read 1d4chan instead of reading books. There's no context for what actually happened. There's no understanding of events, actions, beliefs or character studies (and if there is...Gross over-simplifcations). There's is only gross over-simplifications of events, and memes, because that is what those mediums are for. Suddenly you have a disconnect between Subject Matter and Audience per the flowchart above.

So, when you start saying 'Adepta Sororitas' and 'Sisters of Battle' are not interchangeable terms, like 'AA' and 'Space Marines', are. Maybe things are getting over your head, and the memes no longer cut it in a big boy discussion (about toy soliders).

Grace didn't execute all the Heretics. Only some. What do you think that's about? Maybe the Imperium doesn't go around purging things left-and-right like the memes say they do?
    Maybe there's more to them, that 'making them Primaris' would completely ruin; The majority of the time, they're peacekeepers, not warriors. Nominally, they're Ordo Hereticus, means dealing with The Enemy Within (i.e; other humans), not The Enemy Without or Beyond. There are three other sections of the Adepta Sororitas that 'Sisters of Battle' are intertwined with - not separate from - that are non-combat roles - actual nuns, in tent hospitals and everything - because their job is to interact - not necessarily fight - on a human level. At best you could 'Robocop' the Sisters, take chunks out of their bodies and then replace the bits with cyborg parts. But then you've just made Skitarii. Which actually goes into a second point...

You don't make 'Primaris Sisters' (and then grossly simplify them to 'female Space Marines'. Is anyone thinking that Saint Celestine is just 'female Guilliman'?) for the same reason you actually have to give Necrons personality. The setting already has Tyranids - and to a lesser extent, Orks. What good are soul-less beings that can't be reasoned with, bringing to the setting? Nothing.

The setting already has Primaris Marines - and with the exception of Cawl's dubiousness - they're pretty boring. What are Primaris Sisters going to offer the setting? Nothing. Don't do it. It's a bad idea.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-10-02 at 10:27 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Now, of course, that could be an interesting development; Cawl or others misguidedly attempting, in universe, to do just that, and either failing for the same reasons the Emperor did, or not even getting to try due to massive outrage from the parties involved.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

It was never that Curze was wrong, in that his methods work; its that it didnt last, as proven by his own world and Legion.
    No, no, no.... What the story of Curze proves is that his methods are fast and reliable BUT they require repeated and persistent reinforcement.
    Nostromo was a criminal dump. Curze turned it into a law-abiding dump. Curze went on Crusade. Nostromo turned back into a criminal dump when, and ONLY when, he was absent. And as soon as he got back, he 'fixed' that little problem.

That's what you should take away from the story of the Night Haunter; that he was right, but he was too soft on people for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear
    Don't do it.
    At the very, utmost, absolute least, don't do it YET.

Plastic Sisters are an untapped goldmine waiting to happen, if only to grab at that nostalgia dollar. GW has all the time in the world to resculpt all of the 'current' units - Battle Sisters, Repentia, Penitent Engines and the rest - and sell all of them until people get bored, and THAT is when they unleash Primaris Sisters. Just like they did with Space and Primaris Marines.

You don't give your audience everything all at once; you give them a little bit, and then a little bit more later one, to eke out the experience. A good shepherd doesn't rip the entire skin off'f his flock all at once, after all, and if there's one thing I know about GW's customers is that calling us "sheep-like" is often on the generous side.....
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

okay this is a stupid question but can any one explain to me how nuns of battle get their training from bottom to up since wiki has no info about what the f they got as augmentations or not but considering they are equivalent to space marines. sisters of emperor must have some thing added to their bodies with their faith acting as way to stabilize the procedure. do you guys know any books showing sisters of battles journey full sisterhood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

okay this is a stupid question but can any one explain to me how nuns of battle get their training from bottom to up since wiki has no info about what the f they got as augmentations or not but considering they are equivalent to space marines. sisters of emperor must have some thing added to their bodies with their faith acting as way to stabilize the procedure. do you guys know any books showing sisters of battles journey full sisterhood?
    A source? Nothing jumps to mind when it comes to the details of a Sister's full training.

But they aren't equivalent to Space Marines. At all. Ever. Fluff wise, Space Marines are tougher, faster, stronger, have poisonous blood, can spit venom, going into hibernation, survive the vacuum of space without equipment, can heal from almost any wound, have redundant organs, some other stuff I'm forgetting, and in additional to all that, some extra stuff depending on the Chapter.

Sisters of Battle are human. Flat out, they are just ordinary humans. Well trained, and well equipped. And with a fanatical devotion to the Emperor, but in every other regard they are completely ordinary.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

A source? Nothing jumps to mind when it comes to the details of a Sister's full training.
    thanks for info i will keep my headcannon same maybe i can sue or buy games workshop so i can made it real.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

They don't get augmented, they're not equal to space marines (they wear a lighter version of power armour and their default weapon is a bolter, that's about where the similarities end) and they go through similar training that most military forces go though (but with more focus on faith in the immortal god emperor and the general beliefs of the ecclessiarchy), though they're picked out at a young age and specifically tested to see which of the various branches of the Sororitas they would fit into (if any). The more military minded girls end up becoming sisters of battle while the more civic minded skillsets go to one of the non-combat arms (order dialogous, sisters hospitallier, etc) while scrubs get a boring life as a paper pusher somewhere. It is possible for the inquisition to take an interest in them too and they generally take priority (because inquisition, duh). I'll quote directly from their 6th ed codex:

Quote Originally Posted by Adepta Sororitas Codex Pg 2
    SCHOLA PROGENIUM
    The Schola Progenium is responsible for the care and education of orphans of Imperial servants. By the time a Progena reaches early adolescence, they will have displayed skills in a specific direction, and their subsequent tutelage will hone them to a career in one of the Imperial organisations.

Most of the Progena will end up in the Adeptus Terra as scribes, clerks or overseers. However, a few will be assigned to higher positions. Male Progena may become Commissars or soldiers in the Imperial Guard, petty officers in the Imperial Navy or enter the priesthood of the Adeptus Ministorum. Female Progena may well be entered into the Adepta Sororitas. Progena of both sexes may be recruited into the Inquisition or even the Officio Assassinorum. Though the lifestyle of the teachers and pupils is strict and puritan, it is a great honour to pass through the Schola Progenium, and those who do are well aware of their privilege.
    Faith and Fire has a Hospitallier sister get a bit of spotlight and one of the Cain books has him teaching at a scholam where there is a sister training her charges there who get a minor amount of page time. IIRC, you also see a bit of the early days of sisters training in Daemonifuge (which you everyone should get 'cause it's pretty awesome anyway). There's not that much literature on the sisters and even less on the non-combat arms of the sororitas, but there is some. That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but someone else might be able to chime in with something I've missed. It's possible the old witchhunters 'dex might have something in there, but that was before my time.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

@Drasius looks like little info about nuns is every ones answer to bad i dont know lore enough that i can write a book about soritas in training ( which would be steamy love romance for sister and space marine separated on early age end up meeting in battle field getting their feeling re kindled ( with help of cawl) and lets not go to rest because it will be heresy to regular folk) so as i say unless games workshop makes book about it and clear it i will keep my head cannon as it is.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Literally none of what you said even approaches to true. Please read some actual fluff, rather than just repeating exaggerations you heard from biased sources.

The quality of Intel is judged by the reliability of the source, useful details, and if you can confirm it. Magnus was already considered unreliable, the message was un-detailed, and what he said was un-confirmable. As for "given almost for free": it wrecked the Emperor's most important project, let an un-ending tide of daemons storm into the heart of the palace, and ensured the Emperor couldn't leave Terra while everything everywhere else fell apart. It was Tzeentch's masterstroke, the single move that ruined everything forever.

In response the Emperor ordered Russ to escort Magnus to Terra to explain himself (and likely help fix what he broke), but Horus intercepted the communication and changed it. Russ, being generally bloodthirsty and never liking Magnus to begin with, then didn't question anything when Horus gave him a kill order.

Some do, but most don't. And there is a big difference between seeing someone as Divine, and as Literally Infallible God. The Black Templars are the only ones who really follow him as fervently as you say.

No. No, no, no. Everything about this paragraph is so far past wrong, it doesn't even bare resemblance to the setting. -weeps gently-

Firstly, "Mister posthuman" has a brain made for fighting. Sometimes they can do other things too, but the Emperor didn't boost them to rule or supplant man but to protect them. So they tend to be only a little better than immortal-humans at non-punchy stuff. The question of "but what can we do that isn't fighting?" defined several Primarchs during the Crusade, mostly Horus Guilliman and Peturbo, and the conclusion was not good.

Secondly, unless you're in the Mechanicus research and development simply doesn't happen. "Forget the power of science and technology" is right in the opening spiel after all. So Joe-Schmo the Space Marine wouldn't really know where to begin when going beyond the rituals of usage and maintenance on his wargear. Those who do show an interest and aptitude are inducted into the Techmarines, and get made part of the system.

Thirdly, the Mechanicus has made improvements down the millennia. They've created and improved multiple different marks of power armour and bolt weapons, but their research has been slowed by the whole "unending war" thing. But a "spuch marine post human brain" is not what let them do that: it was turning people into 90% computer, stealing xeno-tech, and performing archaeology to work out what has been tried before.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

okay this is a stupid question but can any one explain to me how nuns of battle get their training from bottom to up since wiki...
    Away from books. This sentence is to remind me to check my Dark Heresy books as Sisters are playable.

but considering they are equivalent to space marines
    ...At this point? Not sure if serious or tolling.

which would be steamy love romance for sister and space marine separated on early age end up meeting in battle field getting their feeling re kindled ( with help of cawl) and lets not go to rest because it will be heresy to regular folk)
    The Sister might rekindle her feelings.
    But, if Space Marine brain tampering (and chemical castration) has anything to say about it, nothing even remotely approaching eros love will be felt on the Space Marines' side. The Sister will only be seen as a really, really good friend and nothing more, or even a tool to be used in battle - because that's how a Space Marine's brain actually works.

A similar relationship is already seen with Kharn and what's-her-face, and Talos and Octavia.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    Some do, but most don't. And there is a big difference between seeing someone as Divine, and as Literally Infallible God.
    The 1st and 2nd Founding Chapters do not see the Emperor as a God, they have records of the actual Emperor.
    Guilliman woke up, and remembers what it was like.

The only Foundings that treat the Emperor as a God, are in bed with the Ecclesiarchy and are at a much, much later Founding.

The Black Templars are the only ones who really follow him as fervently as you say.
    Because of the Great Crusade. Not because of Godhood. The Black Templars (and other IF Successors) led the Terran Crusade against Vandire for a reason.

Secondly, unless you're in the Mechanicus research and development simply doesn't happen.
    The Deathwatch have an R&D arm outside of the Mechanicus, and when the Mechanicus start messing with it...The Deathwatch close up shop.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-10-03 at 04:51 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome