Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Weirdest Dreams You've Ever Had?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWizardGuy View Post
    I think it's actually Ms. Piggie.
    I could be wrong.
    According to Wikipedia I spelled it correctly.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

A few days ago I had a dream involving that thing that happens all the time in horror movies. You know, where a person is in the bathroom, doing something at the sink, and they open the medicine cabinet, and when they close it again, there's someone or something in the mirror behind them.

Only this time, the other thing behind me was also me. And the me behind me proceeds to give the biggest s**t-eating grin before shouting at me and, quite literally, scaring me awake.

Outside of the dream I actually jumped and yelled too. Scared the crap out of my SO.
    Punster, straight as an aro, collector of hats.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Springtime View Post
    According to Wikipedia I spelled it correctly.
    Yeah, I looked it up, and according to the official Muppet YouTube channel, it's Ms. Piggy.
    It just looks wrong to me for some reason.
    And now, a word from our sponsor.

A crafty young bard named McMahon,
    whose poetry never would scan,
    once said, with a pause,
    “It's probably because
    I'm always trying to cram as many extra syllables into the last line as I possibly can.”

This message was brought to you by Coca-Cola.

Extended sig.

Ava

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Had another weird two dream nights ago:

I'm doing some electrical work (which is weird because I'm a plumber), and to be shown the next job, I'm led past a bunch of hospital gurneys which have sick, injured, and elderly people in need of care.

One gurney has an ash colored skeleton with the remnants of some head hair, and some organs that are visible behind it's ribs.

The skeleton is weakly waving a hand.

I hate my dreams.
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Quote Originally Posted by krugaan View Post
    ...2d8HPos: the whole world is my lawn and I set it on fire!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I once dreamed that I was a bodyguard of the heir to the square dance caller.

The institution in question was a very large stone building (quite reminiscent of the smithsonian museum of natural history in aesthetics) with a large central area where great square dances were held. Naturally, with such a large square dance, theposition of square dance caller was quite sought-after and prestigious.

Now, the current square dance caller was getting old and approaching retirement to a life of luxury, so there was some contention over who would take over in his stead. The old caller had an heir, but there were several plots by the lesser heirs to kill him and seize the position of square dance caller for themselves.

That's where me (and the rest of the bodyguard team) came in. We stood on the dance floor and monitored the dance, trying to identify and remove any persons acting suspicious in a way that could pose a threat to the heir. There were a few minor scuffles (I don't remember the details) but the dream ended as the heir took up his rightful post as square dance caller, his bodyguards having succeeded in our tasks.
    Spoiler: To My Fellow Empire Players and GM
    Show
    I may tend to come across as negative, as I usually post when something is wrong or to winge, but I really like this game so far and I'm having loads of fun. Thank you everyone for making it such a great experience!

Quote Originally Posted by DM
    You are walking down the hallways following the map. You make a left turn, two right turns, step over a tripwire, and turn into a secret door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player
    I turn into a secret door? Dang the traps in this place are OP!

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    I once dreamed that I was a bodyguard of the heir to the square dance caller.

The institution in question was a very large stone building (quite reminiscent of the smithsonian museum of natural history in aesthetics) with a large central area where great square dances were held. Naturally, with such a large square dance, theposition of square dance caller was quite sought-after and prestigious.

Now, the current square dance caller was getting old and approaching retirement to a life of luxury, so there was some contention over who would take over in his stead. The old caller had an heir, but there were several plots by the lesser heirs to kill him and seize the position of square dance caller for themselves.

That's where me (and the rest of the bodyguard team) came in. We stood on the dance floor and monitored the dance, trying to identify and remove any persons acting suspicious in a way that could pose a threat to the heir. There were a few minor scuffles (I don't remember the details) but the dream ended as the heir took up his rightful post as square dance caller, his bodyguards having succeeded in our tasks.
    That's a pretty interesting plot, with a rather unusual centerpiece for conflict... but then again, one can imagine a society where square-dancing is such a central cultural tradition that it's become a very important and influential event. With lots of important people gathering (one would imagine that such a ritual at the biggest and most lavish dance-hall would be attended by only the top of the who's who), and with them regularly pairing off briefly in predictable patterns, with music to obscure conversation, you can imagine the square-dance being used to conduct delicate negotiations of national and even international importance. And protocol (who gets paired up with whom at the beginning, whether you're toward the back or the front, how you handle your partner etc.) might have complex political ramifications, similar to the delicate diplomatic underpinnings of protocol in events gathering world leaders in the real world. So, in that setting, yes, the position of square-dance caller in the biggest halls would be of critical importance, and succession would be hotly contested. Pretty good job, Potato_Priest's subconscious
    D&D Creations / Homebrewing
    The Haliburn Galaxy: D&D Reinvented as Science-Fiction
    Book-Learnin' - Extended rules for the Knowledge skill

D&D-Inspired Fiction, on Wattpad
    No Legend for Us (Fantasy)
    The Heplion Contingency (Sci-Fi - set in the Haliburn Galaxy)

General Fiction
    Wattpad Profile (current works)
    Worldline Collapse (older works)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

This dream took place on a Thursday night/Friday morning in late August, and the only reason I remember it was because I typed it in Skype.

I "woke up" to find that my Saturday gaming group was already here, but then they left to go to Walmart because I was missing a chair. That left me alone, so I fell asleep and "woke up again". By this time, they were back, except that my brother and grandfather were somehow with them and we were all in my parents' house.

I went back to sleep and "woke up" again. The group was back, only this time we were in some random duplex considerably further east of where I actually live. Someone not part of the group was also there and tried to "leave" but ended up actually going to the other house by walking through the wall. Also present was a cat who was playing with an empty baby bassinet.

We ultimately decided to leave too, whereupon I did two commutes through the most poorly designed road ever - entailing driving along a broken sidewalk with the remains of a totaled, overturned car still upon it and a lake at the far end that you have to avoid before getting on the highway.

On the second trip, which occurred immediately after the first, I tried an alternate route, but ended up having to take a third route altogether because the second route had a very steep slope with two trees over it, one of which had a vampire bat hanging from it and a warning sign saying "VENOMOUS FANGS" next to it.

So we drove along this third route only to find ourselves back in the duplex, but this time we had Pokemon candy with us and were discussing how the box it came in had a Chansey on it, with text that had apparently been corrected or redacted letting us know that Chansey "wasn't extremely useless." About this time, I woke up for real.
    Last edited by bulbaquil; 2017-11-13 at 07:45 AM.
    Planck length = 1.524e+0 m, Planck time = 6.000e+0 s. Mass quantum ~ 9.072e-3 kg because "50 coins weigh a pound" is the smallest weight mentioned. And light has five quantum states.

8. - Top - End - #38

PaladinGuy

Middle of a "normal" dream, was suddenly tore away to a giant apotheosis-of-all-deserts desert. Before me was a man in black robes, but with the head of a vulture.

He held up a giant leatherbound book to me, opened it, and instead of pages, it was an... opening.

I knew that, no matter what, I should not go into that opening.

Then I was kinda floating above my sleeping body, looking down at myself, and... you know those wind-up chattering teeth?

Well one of those was chomping on the side of my head, and every time it chomped, my body twitched. And I could feel my body twitching as I looked at it.

Then I woke up.

Was pretty convinced that all meant I had a brain tumor where the teeth were chomping me for a little while afterwards.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Many years ago I dreamt I was in my biological father's house.
    In his good TV chair was a skeleton that had been nailed to the chair through the arms and eyes by a group of kids aged around 10, and I had to kill them with a machine gun or they would do the same to me. That was pretty unsettling. Later on I figured out it had something to do with the process I was going through of disassociating myself from my bio-dad.
    (Long story involving alcoholism and traumatic childhood experiences. Later on he sobered up, and we have a good relationship today.)

It also hillariously taught me something about doing cold readings of overly emotional people on Internet message boards, back in the early 90's before people caught onto that sort of thing.
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -

10. - Top - End - #40

DruidGirl

I had a dream where I was in a huge library that looked a lot like Powell’s Bookstore in Portland, Oregon (I went there once) and I met some middle-aged men who seemed nice until they gave me a menu from some restaurant and tried to convince me to go there. Then I went upstairs and I was in a cross between a tiny bookstore and my family’s house, and some family friends were there. Then the dream suddenly became a comic book that involved a witch raising an army of skeleton pirates and their “war beast” which looked like it was half pig, half wolf, and it shot black lightning from its mouth. The dream ended with this beast invading the bookstore house.
    My first campaign started in a tavern under attack by kuo-toa.

The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP that I know of (these may be old threads):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

11. - Top - End - #41

Huh, just had a dream that could be considered in the horror genre, but not a nightmare, since it wasn't about making me afraid/horrified. In the dream I was some sort of evil entity, demon, malignant wizard, I dunno. So I went about horrifying a group of people (especially this one girl) by concocting a story about a weird cult and/or supernatural entities (I think it played out a few times over with slight variations, as my dreams sometimes do) that were threatening them by doing several things, most of which I don't remember, but which include destroying their car in a very noisy and flashy way that looked clearly supernatural and implicated someone else as a ghost of some sort, and coming up with a vision (or perhaps a recording) of some horrifying stuff about an evil cult, crafted to look like it was made by a group of cinematographers/performers that were in town. I think there was also a subplot about how the people supposedly behind all this stuff were trying to implicate me - all a ploy by myself to make them look bad, by dropping subtle clues that the victims were meant to pick up. Weirded me out after I woke up Sounds like an interesting horror-movie premise though.
    D&D Creations / Homebrewing
    The Haliburn Galaxy: D&D Reinvented as Science-Fiction
    Book-Learnin' - Extended rules for the Knowledge skill

D&D-Inspired Fiction, on Wattpad
    No Legend for Us (Fantasy)
    The Heplion Contingency (Sci-Fi - set in the Haliburn Galaxy)

General Fiction
    Wattpad Profile (current works)
    Worldline Collapse (older works)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

My dreams are always super weird, to the point that people ask me if I was taking drugs before going to sleep (I don't) when I tell them about my dreams. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head because I generally forget them within a few days. Except last night's dream.

So, sometimes it's the little details that make me go "what the...?" at my dreams.

There was a lot of other random stuff before this, but near the end I dreamt that there were two groups imprisoned on an airplane. The plane stopped at three locations, letting the prisoners out to collect resources. Said resources included copious quantities of shredded cheddar cheese in gargantuan size. As I explained to someone, while it was happening, a group could gather themselves and prepare to fight back, getting themselves ready as a miniature army that grew with each stop. At the end, they revolted.

There were two groups. One of them was a group of soldiers. The other was the one that fought back as I narrated. They were a giant swarm of intelligent bees. But as I noted at the end, "But it doesn't have to be bees [that do the fighting back]. It could be soldiers."

I woke up and laughed myself silly.
    Tonitrius Adhael, self-named the Thunder Phoenix, wandering historian and combat mage extraordinaire. When he discovered a genuine magical artifact from the mythical Tower Era, a long gone age when benevolent wizards ruled, he expected it to change the world. He didn't expect to be attacked by demon-worshiping cultists, or for mythical creatures and spells to return to the world...

This story, Tales of the Thunder Phoenix, is partially based on a Pathfinder campaign.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was at my church (while a service was going on), holding a bowl. The bowl contained about seven injured newborn kittens. I knew I shouldn't hang around, because the kittens needed to go to the vet. I was especially worried about the one with the head injury, but somehow (dream logic) it wasn't urgent enough to just walk out.

So I was waiting for the part of the service where it would be okay to leave. The minister was being really nice that day, though, and asking me to help with small parts of the prayers etc. That would be really great ordinarily, but the kittens were taking a turn for the worse, so I really wanted to get out fast.

Basically, the dream was several hours of trying to pray fast so that I could take the kittens in for somewhat urgent medical care. I woke up before "going to see the vet," and felt really guilty until I remembered that the kittens didn't exist to be neglected in the first place.
    Last edited by AuthorGirl; 2017-12-06 at 07:38 PM. Reason: AT my church, AT