New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Weirdest Dreams You've Ever Had?

I'll go first. I once had this dream where I was at Target with my family. It was thundering but not raining, so my parents asked me to check if there was anything weird with the weather. I looked at the sky, then said "No, except for this giant flying donkey."
    Then, the dream ended.
    Anyway, I'd like to hear some of your weirdest dreams as well.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S
    - someone who knows what's up

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Weirdest Dreams You've Ever Had?

Last nights dream of standing in a hallway swatting at piranha like bug creatures with a cooking pot before they could reach my family as I'm being eaten alive.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Last night's dream of standing in a hallway swatting at piranha-like bug creatures with a cooking pot before they could reach my family as I'm being eaten alive.
    2D8HP, you are the weirdest person I have encountered on this forum.
    But in a good way.
    Last edited by The Ari-tificer; 2017-10-02 at 07:36 PM.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Getting my feet cut off slowly. Starting at the toes all the way up to the ankles.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I once had a nightmare where I was in an pirate ship, and we were attacked by a giant shark. I was on top of the mast, so I could only watch as the shark tore the ship apart and ate the rest of the crew before I fell down, the shark opened his mouth and everything went dark. I wake up, remove my bed sheets and turn on the lamp by my night stand, and I'm inside the shark's stomach and my legs have been cut off. Then I actually woke up, feeling super confused. I don't have a lamp or a night stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I once had a dream where I knew ( in the way one does in dreams) it was the end of the world and it was eternal winter. I was fleeing down an alleyway in a snow chocked city when I was caught by the rather nebulous 'dark powers' that were causing the end.
    Somehow I struck a deal with them and was given the power to transform myself into a crow and then I had a very clear image of me flying as a crow with a flock of others who had made the deal, pursuing a lone figure across an endless plain of snow
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

7. - Top - End - #7

Last nights dream of standing in a hallway swatting at piranha-like bug creatures with a cooking pot before they could reach my family as I'm being eaten alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    I once had a nightmare where I was in a pirate ship, and we were attacked by a giant shark. I was on top of the mast, so I could only watch as the shark tore the ship apart and ate the rest of the crew before I fell down, the shark opened his mouth and everything went dark. I wake up, remove my bed sheets and turn on the lamp by my nightstand, and I'm inside the shark's stomach and my legs have been cut off. Then I actually woke up, feeling super confused. I don't have a lamp or a nightstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    I once had a dream where I knew ( in the way one does in dreams) it was the end of the world and it was eternal winter. I was fleeing down an alleyway in a snow chocked city when I was caught by the rather nebulous 'dark powers' that were causing the end.
    Somehow I struck a deal with them and was given the power to transform myself into a crow and then I had a very clear image of me flying as a crow with a flock of others who had made the deal, pursuing a lone figure across an endless plain of snow
    Okay, these dreams kind of trump my dream about the donkey.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I once had a dream in which I met a scarlet macaw wearing a dog collar with a tag stamped with the name of a friend that just moved away. It explained to me very vehemently that it was not a metaphor for anything. And that despite all appearances, it was not a macaw at all, but a duck.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I once had a dream in which I met a scarlet macaw wearing a dog collar with a tag stamped with the name of a friend that just moved away. It explained to me very vehemently that it was not a metaphor for anything. And that despite all appearances, it was not a macaw at all, but a duck.
    Dreams are strange, aren't they?
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    This one's pretty cool! Sounds like the beginning of some dark fantasy novel.

One of these days I dreamed it was a zombie apocalypse scenario (I've been catching up on Walking Dead; in fact, the dream began as a continuation of the last scene I'd watched), so there was a huge pot filled with meat where the bottom parts were zombified/infected and couldn't be eaten, you could eat just from the top. There was also something about looking at a bunch of files where the ones at the bottom were corrupted and were dangerous to open; that part probably comes from the Ghost in the Shell movie (the "deep dive" part) which I'd just watched. So I was drinking some milkshake, and it tasted weird, so I realized I was slurping from the bottom of the cup, which was zombified; I'd forgotten to slurp it from the top. Then it was something like an Oscar ceremony (still at the zombie apocalypse scenario, although it was a full-on gala situation with lavish decoration and food); some famous actors were there, Drew Barrymore being the only one I remember. It was actually a dinner party, and I was seated next to Julius Caesar, as played by Ciarán Hinds in the TV series Rome. (It was the actual historical figure, though.) I remember chatting with Caesar's lackey, who was called Alcibiades (I know, that's Greek, not Roman), about how I knew him from some time I spent at Rome. Anyway, there was a birthday celebration going underway for some of those Oscar celebrities (Drew Barrymore and others), which then took a sinister turn as some gloomy music started playing. (That music was actually playing in real life; my wife had put it as her phone's alarm. Something by Bach.) I wasn't paying attention to the ceremony, but the people in my table were absolutely horrified. When I finally looked, it was just wrapping up, and there was a gaunt, pale, sickly child who was being injected with something. I wondered if it was poison, if they were killing that child to spare them from zombification. As they were gathering the ceremony's syringes for disposal, some people were commenting: "That's one more heinous thing that can be blamed on Belgium." Then I woke up

But my favorite was several years ago, when I dreamt I was at some huge Buddhist monastery/temple complex in the mountains that was under siege from terrorists/revolutionaries/guerilla fighters or something of the sort (basically crazed-looking people with machine guns). I guess it was somewhat inspired by Far Cry 4. Everyone was looking for the revolutionaries' dangerous, violent, bloodthirsty leader, who was... my (then) wife's mini toy poodle, Gigi. Come to think of it, that actually suits Gigi's personality remarkably well...

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    So I was drinking some milkshake, and it tasted weird, so I realized I was slurping from the bottom of the cup, which was zombified; I'd forgotten to slurp it from the top.
    How can a milkshake be zombified?
    And how were you drinking from the bottom of the cup? That's not even physically possible.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

12. - Top - End - #12

I had a dream the other night that took the form of a series of "Fun Facts." The only two I remember were:

1. Rat's milk is considered a delicacy in many parts of the Middle East.
    2. There's currently a trend in Mexico of building castles and decorating them on the cheap by taking advantage of a loophole that states that if you hoist a desk up the outside of a castle to pull it in through a window, and you never actually remove the cable, it counts, for tax purposes, as being a decoration rather than a piece of furniture.

No idea what that's about.

13. - Top - End - #13

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWizardGuy View Post
    And how were you drinking from the bottom of the cup? That's not even physically possible.
    I was slurping it with a straw, of course. As for the first part, hey, dream.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

I had this weird dream this Monday where I lived in fantasy city, a very cute co-worker(Who I kind of have a crush on) was arrested and tied to rock to be the virgin sacrifice to the red dragon, the dragon came and took him.

I dressed in a purple armor( That kind of looked like Ranza's armor from final fantasy tactics, the second one not the butt one) the people of the city who consisted of high school bullies booed me and thrown tomatoes as me and my talking horse went out of the city.

As I find him the dragon turn out to be a powerful old witch who captured him to be the consort and concubine of their coven, he didn't want to leave and she invited me to stay.

I took of my armor and danced around the green flames with the witches.

Now I get even shyer when I see him: smallredface:
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

I was seduced daily by Satan until I became his sex slave, over the course of months, at which point he appeared to negotiate a time share deal over me with my husband. I think my brain is telling me something... Maybe more pancakes?

16. - Top - End - #16

I had a dream where I was on an SCP Foundation team with Aang and Toph (from Avatar: the last Airbender) I spent most of it hovering six inches off the floor so as to not touch the deadly viscera with my bare feet and trying to figure out if I was actually going on a road trip with my high school best friend or if I was just remembering a dream I had about packing for said trip.

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I once dreamed there was a gish flying around a castle in black plate. I remember having to decide if I would cast Invisibility to sneak out of the castle or use Bardic Performance/Music to boost the morale of the troops.

Does that mean I'm a Bard of level 4 or higher?

18. - Top - End - #18

Most of my dreams involve getting lost - buses change schedules, buildings are under renovation that somehow includes collapsing whole staircases, and elevators go sideways.

I also had one dream that I didn't remember, but I woke up from it with a very vivid idea that if I pee into the oven, it will dissolve the zombies in the spaceship's ventilation ducts.

19. - Top - End - #19

I went to a church youth event. It was held in a high school gymnasium. It consisted of my piano teacher showing animated short films and teaching a group of teenagers how to make working biplanes out of two-by-fours; nobody found that even slightly odd.

Then I hauled twenty haybales to my grandmother's car so we could take them to my piano teacher's house. I assume he wanted them as payment, either for music lessons or for biplane-making lessons. This also made perfect sense.

Then my brother and I were hanging out upstairs at our mother's office. We were waiting for our friends to show up and play D&D. Our friends never materialized, but a kid from my karate class (who literally never comes to D&D) appeared right on time. He told us about his travel plans, which were very cool and written in an awesome halfway-intuitive sort of code. Then he and I talked about the figurative meanings of song lyrics; we kept switching songs at random intervals and made up a pretty cool story that linked them up, though of course it was rather contrived.

Then I went to a music lesson, and there was a random girl outside the studio when I was leaving. We had a casual conversation that turned into flirting.

Eventually she and I ended up going on a date. When I got home from that, I found out my "dad" (who looked and acted nothing like my real dad) had a serious problem with me having a girlfriend. At this point it became clear that my "dad" and I were both vampires with multiple personality disorder, and apparently I'd already known that and it wasn't really a big deal.

. . . this was a very messed-up parody of what Thursdays look like for me, and the funniest thing is how it all seemed totally reasonable (including me flirting with someone and not blushing or mixing up words )

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

cool Re: Weirdest Dreams You've Ever Had?

I'm struck by how many of these dreams would be nightmares to experience (literally!), but as game or story plots they're pretty cool.

21. - Top - End - #21

I'm struck by how many of these dreams would be nightmares to experience (literally!), but as game or story plots they're pretty cool.
    Yeah.

I used to wonder if dreams were really real life. If they are, we live in a very strange world.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

22. - Top - End - #22

PirateGuy

Honestly, that describes a lot of my dreams. These terrible situations sometimes don't even bother me that much within the dream (though sometimes I do feel angsty about them, such as the classic dog dream I'll describe sometime), and when I wake up, all I can think is how cool it was. In fact, sometimes I feel bad about forgetting so many details that I vaguely remember to be really cool - such as this one time I came up with a parody song in a dream, that I'm under the impression that actually made sense and was good, based on small fragments I remember when I woke up but forgot immediately afterward

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

It either has to be murdered by a box of fries or have sexual contact with an undead simian creature (note: some adult situations in second linked clip)

Presumably with a straw
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2017-10-06 at 10:59 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    I had this weird dream this Monday where I lived in fantasy city, a very cute co-worker(Who I kind of have a crush on) was arrested and tied to rock to be the virgin sacrifice to the red dragon, the dragon came and took him.

I dressed in a purple armor( That kind of looked like Ranza's armor from final fantasy tactics, the second one not the butt one) the people of the city who consisted of high school bullies booed me and thrown tomatoes as me and my talking horse went out of the city.

As I find him the dragon turn out to be a powerful old witch who captured him to be the consort and concubine of their coven, he didn't want to leave and she invited me to stay.

I took of my armor and danced around the green flames with the witches.

Now I get even shyer when I see him: smallredface:
    I think you mean 'took off' and
    Last edited by The Ari-tificer; 2017-10-06 at 12:55 PM.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S

25. - Top - End - #25

WolfInSheepsClothing

I once had a dream that I was invited to a vast library containing all the text ever written. The librarians were old men who whore old fashioned dress-up suits. I sat and read role-playing books for hours. I failed whatever test that they had for me.

I once had a dream that I helping an intelligent spider about the size of my hand. There was an earthquake, lava was everyplace, and huge boulders were falling from the sky. It was my job to see a village of these spiders, hiding under an old church, to safety.

I once had a dream that I found a gateway to an ancient stone temple in the jungle with impossibly long hallways. I found a balcony overlook the jungle complete with a breakfast table set up for breakfast.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, the weirdest dream I ever had? I fell into the grand canyon, then somehow got eaten by a octopus, die, woke up inside a jellyfish... With some crappy electronic music playing and the jellyfish pulsating with different lights...

So yeah...
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

27. - Top - End - #27

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    With some crappy electronic music playing and the jellyfish pulsating with different lights...
    Sign me up!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

One of my friends tried to stab me with a sickle. I disarmed them then asked them politely to leave. Got into my car with my mom, and a coworker stopped in front of the car and started pouring dirt on my car. I got out, pushed him, and eventually punched him in the side of the head before I got in my car and drove off

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The other night I dreamed that Miss Piggy rammed a car into a building in Manhattan and was represented in court by Matt Murdock.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Springtime View Post
    The other night I dreamed that Miss Piggy rammed a car into a building in Manhattan and was represented in court by Matt Murdock.
    I think it's actually Ms. Piggie.
    I could be wrong.
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S