New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tunnel Spooktober 2017

"My name is Cassandra, by the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Kendra smiles and offers a hand to shake when Fayyaad introduces himself.

"That's right, now I remember. You were the one who took the job Toji posted." She chuckles at the mention of her being similar to Electra. "I don't blame you for not noticing; our encounter was brief and I've been trying to keep a relatively low profile."

Electra seems to be finishing up her first set, as she pulls her last song into a soft, fading finish, and bows, before removing her guitar and placing it on its stand.

"We'll be taking a short break before the next set. In the meantime, please enjoy the party!" She announces to those in the vicinity of the stage. The robots continue to play, but they're playing a simple, loping tune that fades very quietly into the background, a simple drum, bass and keyboard routine that loops after about 10 bars. Electra herself starts making her way over towards Fayyaad, Kendra and Cassandra, her expression somewhere between surprise and worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    "My name is Cassandra, by the way."
    "Cassandra's a MERC member as well... although I'm just a license-holder," Fayyaad clarifies. Kendra's snubbing of the sorceress suggests she's here for a purpose. "Hey Electra. Seems like an old acquaintance came calling."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-10-26 at 08:08 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kendra looks to Cassandra and smiles, offering her hand as Electra makes her way over.

"Nice to meet you, Cassandra." She glances back at Fayyaad when he mentions he's only a license holder, then grins at the sorceress. "I guess that means you outrank him, eh?" She winks at Cassandra, then turns as Electra comes up.

"It would seem so, Fayyaad. Hello, Kendra, you're looking well." Electra looks between Fayyaad and Kendra, then to Cassandra. "Hey, Cassandra. I suppose a little background wouldn't hurt, since it seems Kendra's introduced herself. Kendra and I worked for the Maverick Hunters back home, and our squads often worked together during wartime. They provided air cover, while we tended more towards the force recon sorts of duties."

Kendra nods, chuckling. "Yes, indeed. Electra and her siblings often bailed our butts out when we ventured a little too far behind enemy lines, and we flew interference when they needed it. It worked well, and command liked how effective we were."

Electra nods once and gestures towards Cassandra. "Cassandra here is a sorceress, and I'm sure Fayyaad's probably already told you he's an adventurer for hire."

Kendra eyes the sorceress, and nods respectfully. "I see. An interesting business to be in around here, I'm sure. And yes, I'm well aware. Fayyaad and I seem to have met before, though it took him pointing it out for me to recognize him."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The wolves keep their distance when the little tieflings stop approaching, but one of the pups does pad over and sniff at the scientist's hand. He then sits down and peers at her with big eyes. They're certainly well-behaved.
    She smiles. "Hi puppy. I'm Jaazha. What's your name?" She giggles and tries to pat the wolf on the head.

"But daddy, I want to play with the puppies." Orlane complains and pouts.

"Just walk up nicely. Don't run. Okay?"

Orlane bites her lip and then nods. Then she walks over to Jaazha and the wolf to pet him.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"A magic fairy princess. And I can prove it, too." Natalie smiles, and will reach over to Rosabel's ear, tugging it gently before pulling her hand back. Only, this time her hand is holding a chocolate coin, which certainly wasn't there before she pulled Rosabel's ear. "See? Magic." Natalie will hand over the foil-clad treat, too. It's only fair, since she's pretending she pulled it from Rosa's ear. Although... I don't know how Natalie's stage-magic works, and she isn't wearing long sleeves, deepening the mystery of where she really got it from.

Jack & The Guy

"Might be because of where you've wandered to. This place is a crossroads, I guess. The original realm, if there was such a thing, has been flooded by things that have fallen in, drifted off, or been deliberately pulled into it. And it doesn't always like letting go of anything that finds its way here." Because I favour the 'Nexus is a universe in its own right, where things unwanted elsewhere collect' theory of Nexus. "Here, something weird happens every five minutes. Especially in Inside, which is... Hmm. The oldest dimensional shard making up the Nexus, or the mystic heart of the Nexus, or an ever-changing city built across all the worlds that make up the Nexus, or the lowest part of the multiverse where everything eventually falls. Or all of those things at once. Depends on who you ask. I like the 'mystic heart' idea, personally." Jack herself eventually 'fell' to Inside, after she left the Clattering. She wanted to see it, but didn't know where to find it, but found it anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    She smiles. "Hi puppy. I'm Jaazha. What's your name?" She giggles and tries to pat the wolf on the head.

"But daddy, I want to play with the puppies." Orlane complains and pouts.

"Just walk up nicely. Don't run. Okay?"

Orlane bites her lip and then nods. Then she walks over to Jaazha and the wolf to pet him.
    The pup is patted on the head and prances in place a little. He's very excited to finally meet a two-leg pup. Orlane will be approached by the other pup, encouraged by the girls' coming forward. She sniffs at the tiefling eagerly. The larger wolf pads around the assembly, before approaching the girls' father. She seems to acknowledge him in a way.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strictly speaking, all interpretations of the Nexus are accurate. Though PCs are certainly free to disagree!

"That was sorta the impression I've been getting," that guy replies with a nod. "Or at least that's what the ranting hobo with a crown told me. No reason not to believe him."

Why would he believe...

You know what?

It doesn't matter much.

"This all has a very Unknown Kadath sort of feel to it. Only difference being, I actually found the city. Quite by accident, really," the guy continues. "Though there are far fewer weird squid-marmosets. Which I'm honestly pretty happy about. Zoogs are pretty bizarre."

That they are!

"Though if this place doesn't like letting people go, that might make waking up tricky..." he hums. "Or maybe not tricky. I might just be stuck here every time waking world me wakes up. Which... I guess isn't the worst thing?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel's eyes widen and she takes the coin. She looks it over, as if trying to figure out what happened. "How'd you do that?" She cracks open the foil and nibbles on the chocolate inside. She looks at Natalie's hands, but she can't seem to find anything.

The pup is patted on the head and prances in place a little. He's very excited to finally meet a two-leg pup. Orlane will be approached by the other pup, encouraged by the girls' coming forward. She sniffs at the tiefling eagerly. The larger wolf pads around the assembly, before approaching the girls' father. She seems to acknowledge him in a way.
    The two girls are very enthusiastic about the puppies. They will receive a lot of pats and stritches!

Val eyes the larger wolf a bit more warily. He's gotten a lot more used to animals being with Astrana, but he's not quite as at ease as the rest of his family is. "So do you want to be pet too, hm?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Fairy & Alien

"Fairy magic, of course. Unless you happen to keep chocolate coins in your ears?" One day, somebody will say that they do keep chocolate coins in their ears, and Natalie will be left feeling a little awkward as a result. "Would you like to see some more?" The two fairies accompanying Natalie would, and nod their heads eagerly... Though they're behind her, so she can't see them.

Hagdaw & Guy

"Unknown Kadath is, alas, unknown to me. Which... Might be the point?" Jack's not sure. It's hard to tell with anything with 'unknown' in its name. "Well, sleeping for me and the others usually seems to work normally, so I guess that waking up might not be a problem?" Or maybe the Guy's waking body is in a coma. "I'm sure there's Zoogs somewhere, though. There's most things if you look hard enough, I know that much."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Cassandra's a MERC member as well... although I'm just a license-holder," Fayyaad clarifies. Kendra's snubbing of the sorceress suggests she's here for a purpose. "Hey Electra. Seems like an old acquaintance came calling."
    Kendra looks to Cassandra and smiles, offering her hand as Electra makes her way over.

"Nice to meet you, Cassandra." She glances back at Fayyaad when he mentions he's only a license holder, then grins at the sorceress. "I guess that means you outrank him, eh?" She winks at Cassandra, then turns as Electra comes up.

"It would seem so, Fayyaad. Hello, Kendra, you're looking well." Electra looks between Fayyaad and Kendra, then to Cassandra. "Hey, Cassandra. I suppose a little background wouldn't hurt, since it seems Kendra's introduced herself. Kendra and I worked for the Maverick Hunters back home, and our squads often worked together during wartime. They provided air cover, while we tended more towards the force recon sorts of duties."

Kendra nods, chuckling. "Yes, indeed. Electra and her siblings often bailed our butts out when we ventured a little too far behind enemy lines, and we flew interference when they needed it. It worked well, and command liked how effective we were."

Electra nods once and gestures towards Cassandra. "Cassandra here is a sorceress, and I'm sure Fayyaad's probably already told you he's an adventurer for hire."

Kendra eyes the sorceress, and nods respectfully. "I see. An interesting business to be in around here, I'm sure. And yes, I'm well aware. Fayyaad and I seem to have met before, though it took him pointing it out for me to recognize him."
    "I don't think it works that way," says Cassandra. "The bosses give orders, I don't."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed. Dipsnig, Dena and Kirk. I've only met Dena, myself," Fayyaad confirms. "An old comrade in arms, then. Just paying a social call, or are you here for a purpose?" Despite Kendra's friendliness, Fayyaad isn't relaxed. She was involved in business that had a few unknowns too many.

12. - Top - End - #162

NinjaGuy

Kendra chuckles slightly, giving Cassandra an amused grin.

"I see. Well, that makes things simpler for you, then." Kendra looks to Fayyaad and gives a mischievous smile, which seems to put Electra on edge, as she stiffens ever so slightly, though her expression doesn't change. "Why not both? Though the business end of things is more precautionary than anything else. I'm not expecting trouble, and I did want to visit Electra tonight." Electra chuckles, relaxing. Obviously, there's some sort of history there.

"I appreciate the thought, Kendra, though I'm not sure how much visiting we're going to be able to do; I did volunteer to provide music, after all," Electra says in an amused manner. "Feel free to stick around, though, maybe after the party we can chat for awhile." She looks to Cassandra and Fayyaad. "I hope you're both enjoying the music so far. Any requests before I go back up?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"As much as I've enjoyed it, I don't seem to have much of an ear for music," says Cassandra, shaking her head. Of course, that's not how it looked, earlier, and even as she says it a moment of brief confusion and uncertainty seems to pass across her face. "I'm sure what you were going to play anyway will be just as good."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Kendra chuckles slightly, giving Cassandra an amused grin.

"I see. Well, that makes things simpler for you, then." Kendra looks to Fayyaad and gives a mischievous smile, which seems to put Electra on edge, as she stiffens ever so slightly, though her expression doesn't change. "Why not both? Though the business end of things is more precautionary than anything else. I'm not expecting trouble, and I did want to visit Electra tonight." Electra chuckles, relaxing. Obviously, there's some sort of history there.

"I appreciate the thought, Kendra, though I'm not sure how much visiting we're going to be able to do; I did volunteer to provide music, after all," Electra says in an amused manner. "Feel free to stick around, though, maybe after the party we can chat for awhile." She looks to Cassandra and Fayyaad. "I hope you're both enjoying the music so far. Any requests before I go back up?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    "As much as I've enjoyed it, I don't seem to have much of an ear for music," says Cassandra, shaking her head. Of course, that's not how it looked, earlier, and even as she says it a moment of brief confusion and uncertainty seems to pass across her face. "I'm sure what you were going to play anyway will be just as good."
    "Something quiet and atmospheric, maybe," Fayyaad suggests, looking between Kendra and Electra. Those two have a history, and it seems Electra isn't very pleased to see Kendra. "But I've also loved it so far, so I'm sure whatever you pick will be great."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Fairy & Alien

"Fairy magic, of course. Unless you happen to keep chocolate coins in your ears?" One day, somebody will say that they do keep chocolate coins in their ears, and Natalie will be left feeling a little awkward as a result. "Would you like to see some more?" The two fairies accompanying Natalie would, and nod their heads eagerly... Though they're behind her, so she can't see them.
    [Fairy & Alien]

Rosabel laughs a little bit. "Okay, show me more." This is nothing like the magic mommy tells her about, so she's gotta figure out why it's different.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

"Wind is not something I have control over, I'm afraid," Fayyaad says. "And I'm afraid I don't. I'm not sure if other musicians signed up for this. But she'll have to take a break eventually, I expect. And it seems you know her already."

"I think so. They rarely miss a Halloween party." Iknika looks around. "I think... I see him over there."

If Felandria looks, she'll see Reelshka and Tuskfang, accompanied by a gaggle of little goblins. The little wolf-goblin is dressed up as a hunter, it seems. He's got a green outfit, jolly hat with a feather in it and a toy bow. His mother opted for a simple sorceress' outfit, with a star-dotted dress and hat. She only ever dresses up to accompany her son, nieces and nephews, since she's not a fan of it herself.
    Ohmigosh, he looks so cute!

With his little bow.......

So, have you looked into getting a horse, every good knight needs a fine steed.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Alien Fairy

"There's nothing in this hand, top or bottom, yes?" Natalie proffers her hand and rotates it so Rosabel gets a good look. When she's said 'yes', Natalie grins and closes her hand into a fist, opening it to reveal a brightly coloured red-and-yellow striped bead. "Huh. Where'd that come from?" Natalie's more amused than confused, and the befuddlement is faked. The two real fairies are drifting closer, too. They want to watch the show as well, as this kind of sleight of hand is unknown to fairies with real (albeit quite minor) magic.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

[Alien Fairy]

Rosabel's eyes go wide and she stares at the bead. "Can I see?" She holds out her hand to take the bead. Maybe it's the bead? A magic bead?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Ohmigosh, he looks so cute!

With his little bow.......

So, have you looked into getting a horse, every good knight needs a fine steed.
    "He saw that picture in a book and decided he wants to dress like that. His dad's a hunter." Iknika's ears twitch. She's not sure what to make of Pathfinder and the other Wolfen. Brinika's aunt has always been weird. "I've been thinking about a beetle. Goblins tame and ride those. But learning how is tricky."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-10-31 at 04:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'll post for Sam in a bit if Hal doesn't get to it tonight))

Iknika might notice a certain spectacled blond having come, thinking that it's exactly the sort of place he might find her.

Also because she might have mentioned going to last year's party.

Isaac's wearing a bright red shirt with white lines on it with a cape, and has augmented his bangs with two extensions that stick up in a V. Certainly not hard to spot, given that he's mildly tall.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #171

NinjaGuy

Electra smiles gently, pleased that both Fayyaad and Cassandra have been enjoying the music, and nods at Fayyaad.

"I think I've an idea that you might like."

Kendra opens her mouth to make a comment, but is shushed quickly with one of Electra's fingers over her lips as she turns towards her old friend.

"I know what you want me to play, but it's not appropriate for a party with children." Kendra looks startled for a moment, before smiling at Electra, and giving a little chuckle, backing up a step.

"Actually, I was going to ask you to play something with a bit of a slower beat to it." She glances at Cassandra for a moment, then at Fayyaad, before looking back to Electra, who's got an eyebrow raised in curiosity. "Something folks can dance to. The Hounds, maybe?"

Electra seems to consider it for a moment, then nods.

"I suppose that can be arranged. I wasn't sure if I was going to sing tonight, but I suppose I don't have much choice now." She smiles once more, that smile of enjoyment. Fayyaad knows she likes to sing; the reluctance is an act on her part, a bit of teasing. "Well then, I should get started."

With that, she turns and heads back up, picking up her guitar and strapping it on. The bots finish their last loop of the fill music she'd been having them play while she was gone while she pulls a mic stand over from one side of the stage and sets it up, but doesn't say anything more. Rather, she closes her eyes, and begins to play softly. The song could probably be played more aggressively, but she's taking a soft, slow, almost haunting approach to it, with no distortion or effects, and the band behind her does very little to fill, other than the drummer providing a few rhythm hits now and then, and the bassist chiming in with notes where a bit of bass helps round the song out. It's a rather long song, too, but she plays it with her eyes closed the entire time, bobbing her head in time, oblivious once more to everyone and everything, at least, for the time being.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-10-31 at 09:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad waves to Electra as she departs, then looks between Kendra and Cassandra. He'd like to know more about Electra and Kendra's past, but this isn't the time and place for that. Instead, he turns to Cassandra, bows and reaches out with his hand.

"May I have this dance, lady Cassandra?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

"He saw that picture in a book and decided he wants to dress like that. His dad's a hunter." Iknika's ears twitch. She's not sure what to make of Pathfinder and the other Wolfen. Brinika's aunt has always been weird. "I've been thinking about a beetle. Goblins tame and ride those. But learning how is tricky."
    Makes sense, their shell is probably difficult to sit on.

But it does provide some excellent armor for itself, which is beneficial in battle.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    ((I'll post for Sam in a bit if Hal doesn't get to it tonight))

Iknika might notice a certain spectacled blond having come, thinking that it's exactly the sort of place he might find her.

Also because she might have mentioned going to last year's party.

Isaac's wearing a bright red shirt with white lines on it with a cape, and has augmented his bangs with two extensions that stick up in a V. Certainly not hard to spot, given that he's mildly tall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Makes sense, their shell is probably difficult to sit on.

But it does provide some excellent armor for itself, which is beneficial in battle.
    "They make special saddles to keep beetle riders steady. But they're still bugs. And beetles trained for battle are pretty aggressive." Then Iknika spots Isaac, does a double-take and waves awkwardly.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac sees that Iknika is talking to someone, and will wait around for Iknika to stop by while he takes a few minutes to stuff himself full of candy, having not been cured by Civvy just yet of his magically-induced sweet tooth.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Alien Fairy

"Sure you can. Here." Natalie will go to drop the bead into Rosabel's hand, only it seems the bead has disappeared... Much to Natalie's hand-maids' befuddlement. "Oh, um. Where'd it go? Oh, here it is!" Natalie then opens her mouth and seems to pull it free, though the bead is dry if Rosabel still wants to handle it.

27. - Top - End - #177

Now another MERC member makes his appereance. He is obviously late, but that got a reason. He had to get one of those costums people wear during this event.
    People might not recognize him first. instead of his raged clothes and jeans he got a very fine suit with cape. The inside of the cape is reed while most of the suit is black. even his hair is stlyed back and a fine cloth covers his mouth instead of the scarf he normaly wears. in addition to his costum he carries a stone offin on his back. Some might think the coffin is fake due to the way Fade carries it, but it is a real one.
    He heads over to the sweets and grabs one, but sadly the package appears more complicated then he thoughts and brute force doesn't help right now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hal asked me to skip her))

The strike might not have its intended effect, as at the loud noise Sam immediately spins around, shielding Sherrel with his back with arms protectively over her shoulders and face.

Of course, he has nothing to worry about as the shards pelt his back harmlessly. But the bag of cookies on Sherrel's lap is now even more well-guarded, albeit accidentally.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

"They make special saddles to keep beetle riders steady. But they're still bugs. And beetles trained for battle are pretty aggressive." Then Iknika spots Isaac, does a double-take and waves awkwardly.
    Oh yes, I've seen them once or twice, they're pretty vicious.....

She notices the wave.

You should go ahead and say hi to your friend, I'll see you again later, maybe help with your training.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, thanks. Bye!" Felandria may notice that Iknika's face gains a darker shade of grey as she scurries off. "Hi Isaac! I like your cape."