New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344
Results 1,291 to 1,299 of 1299
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Reading Heir to the Empire

If another hurricane, even a smaller one, swung up through and hit Texas or Puerto Rico again, their response wouldn't be "eh, we've survived worse." It would be "oh crap! We still haven't finished picking up the pieces from the last one! Were going to get annihilated!"
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Y'know, I've just realised that nobody seems to think of the possibility of Thrawn just being a different member of his species. Lando is their key witness, and he'd never even seen the real Thrawn up close. I mean, they don't know about the Chiss, but unless they think Palpatine grew him in a vat they have to understand that he's a member of some unknown species there could be more of.
    Indeed. With the added questions of whether others of his species are similarly brilliant tactician, as well as displays of his combat prowess.

Fortunately, there's one more book to explore this.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-09-14 at 10:17 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Indeed. With the added questions of whether others of his species are similarly brilliant tactician, as well as displays of his combat prowess.

Fortunately, there's one more book to exploit re this.
    As I recall, this is after the nonsensical "Palpatine returns" plot, right? In light of that, its... less implausible that Thrawn returned than it otherwise might seem.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Titan in the Playground

Y'know, I've just realised that nobody seems to think of the possibility of Thrawn just being a different member of his species. Lando is their key witness, and he'd never even seen the real Thrawn up close. I mean, they don't know about the Chiss, but unless they think Palpatine grew him in a vat they have to understand that he's a member of some unknown species there could be more of.
    Thinking of it, this book takes place well after Jedi Outcast and its random Chiss bartender on Nar Shaada that I mentionned earlier.

It is possible however that Lando has seen holos of Thrawn since TTT and knows what he looks like.
    And that, ladies, gentlemen, and non binaries, was Spectre of the Past.. Interestingly, there's no big climax to this one, just a series of buildups to what happens next.
    True. I hadn't noticed it before since I read them back to back but now that you mention it, it is weird.
    Pellaeon had a chance to play Thrawn for someone else, but he's much warmer about it and occasionally concedes a point. He's not tricked into believing Bel Ibliss fired on him, but he's still hanging around in the system, which might be an acceptable second outcome for Tierce et al.
    Pellaeon is awesome.

To be continued, whenever I get hold of Vision of the Future. Thanks for reading. I wonder if I can get this done before I have to make a new thread.
    Thanks for doing this read-through, it is very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    As I recall, this is after the nonsensical "Palpatine returns" plot, right? In light of that, its... less implausible that Thrawn returned than it otherwise might seem.
    Especially when you remember that Thrawn was assassinated on the bridge of his flagship and Rukh killed almost immediatly afterwards. The kill was never confirmed to the Republic.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Especially when you remember that Thrawn was assassinated on the bridge of his flagship and Rukh killed almost immediatly afterwards. The kill was never confirmed to the Republic.
    Spoiler: Regarding Thrawn's Death
    Show
    Actually it gets confirmed in the X-Wing series Novel Isard's Revenge, where it is mentioned by Ackbar to Wedge, and makes a comment about the relationship between Rukh and Thrawn being like Han and Chewie, which isn't actually true, but the degree of closeness and probable success is.

It might not to be spoiled though, the above
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    Spoiler: Regarding Thrawn's Death
    Show
    Actually it gets confirmed in the X-Wing series Novel Isard's Revenge, where it is mentioned by Ackbar to Wedge, and makes a comment about the relationship between Rukh and Thrawn being like Han and Chewie, which isn't actually true, but the degree of closeness and probable success is.

It might not to be spoiled though, the above
    It's never confirmed as in no one working for the republic ever saw the body. The Noghri probably told the NR and the Imperial retreat at Bilbringi followed by Thrawn's disappearance meant they could safely assume it worked, however with the reappearance of a Grand Admiral Thrawn, "maybe Rukh just managed to put him into a coma" gets credibility.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Couldn't they just read the book? :)
    (I'm not sure if Spaceballs makes that comment more fitting or less so)

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jayem View Post
    Couldn't they just read the book? :)
    (I'm not sure if Spaceballs makes that comment more fitting or less so)
    Less; they had to watch the VHS.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Less; they had to watch the VHS.
    And have an in-universe confusing conversation. It was all really funny though.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)