New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXXII: I Got 99 Guardsmen and Morale Killed One.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Wait, rangers are good?
    There are two aspects to playing Objectives; Holding Objectives in your half of the board, and taking the Objectives in the opponent's half.

Rangers have a 30" range on their guns, and they have access to Sniper weapons with the ability to ignore Cover bonuses, effectively giving them AP -3 against models that generally receive Cover saves (e.g; Characters). They have no reason to move, ever. I mean, there aren't a lot of reasons to move a unit that's standing on an Objective, but with natural 30" range, and Objective Secured (when someone SUAs with a 5-man, you're still cheap enough that you can run <7 and not feel bad).

But, no. You might have missed one of the finer things, that Blackhawk already pointed out; Vanguard and Rangers are good. You shouldn't have one without the other.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXXII: I Got 99 Guardsmen and Morale Killed One.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post
    So, now that the Astra Militarum Codex has come out, and after much consternation, I've come up with a list that I am happy to call my own.

Spoiler: Lapan Nightwolves 1st Regiment
    Show
    ++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [26 PL, 482pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Regiment: Tallarn

+ Lord of War +

Shadowsword [26 PL, 482pts]: Heavy Stubber, Hunter-killer missile, Twin heavy bolter
    . 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [15 PL, 323pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Regiment: Millitarum Tempestus

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 45pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma Pistol, THE TACTICAL AUTO-RELIQUARY OF TYBERIUS

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 45pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 65pts]
    . 3x Scion: 3x Hot-shot Lasgun
    . Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
    . Tempestor: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

+ Elites +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 84pts]
    . Tempestus Scion: Meltagun

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 84pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [66 PL, 1195pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

+ HQ +

Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, KUROV’S AQUILA, Plasma pistol

Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma pistol-WARLORD TRAIT: Grand Strategist

Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma pistol, THE LAURELS OF COMMAND

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 46pts]
    . 8x Guardsman
    . Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
    . Sergeant: Boltgun, Chainsword

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]
    . 8x Guardsman
    . Sergeant: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]
    . 8x Guardsman
    . Sergeant: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 76pts]
    . Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Officer of the Fleet [2 PL, 25pts]

Ratlings [2 PL, 35pts]
    . 5x Ratling: 5x Sniper Rifle

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [16 PL, 336pts]
    . Valkyrie: 2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Lascannon
    . . 2x Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter
    . Valkyrie: 2x Multiple Rocket Pods, Lascannon
    . . 2x Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

Vulture Gunship [22 PL, 320pts]
    . Vulture Gunship: Heavy bolter, Twin Punisher Gatling Cannons
    . Vulture Gunship: Heavy bolter, Twin Punisher Gatling Cannons

++ Total: [107 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

What do people think? I know it's not super competitive, but I'm just curious. The idea is to use the Tallarn strategem to put my Shadowsword and a command squad+whatever in ambush, then kinda just be mobile at my opponent with Scions and Command Squads, while troopers hold down objectives, and eventually pop the Shadowsword out at an awkward angle for my opponent to deal with.
    Its neither competative nor fluffy, so its in an odd place of basically being optimised for the index but not the codex.

I've been winning 2/3 of 8th ed games by taking whatever I want (black legion csm and possessed, msu tyranids), so optimising seems pointless to me at this stage.

My tournament list.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super Heavy Auxilery Daemon grim reaper fairy king of doom detachment
    Mortarion

Brigade detatchment

HQ
    Plague caster
    relic staff

Chaos Lord
    balesword, combi-melta

Troops
    7 Plague marines
    2 plasma guns, plasma gun and power fist champion

7 Plague marines
    2 blight launchers, plasma gun champion

7 Plague marines
    2 plague spewers, power fist and plasma pistol champion, icon of despair, 2 pairs of plague knivesrusty shivs, 2 flails of corruption

Elites
    5 Blightlord terminators
    3 bubotic axes, 1 balesword, 3 combi-bolters, flail of corruption, plague spewer

5 Blightlord terminators
    3 bubotic axes, 1 balesword, 3 combi-bolters, flail of corruption, plague spewer

dedicated transports
    rhino
    havok launcher, 2 combi-bolters
    rhino
    havok launcher, 2 combi-bolters
    rhino
    havok launcher, 1 combi-bolter, 1 combi-flamer

Played two games so far against Raven Guard (brigade, ancient with relic banner, shrike, regular captain, lieutenant, 6 scouts, 3 scout bikers, 3 devastators, aggressors, vanguard vets). Won the first due to Mortarion not being targeted because the player wanted to see if he should ignore him like Magnus (Mortarion melted all the characters, the devastators and the agressors by himself, won the second due to Secure and Control being a terrible mission where first blood is far too important and charging blightlords shutting down his devastators on turn 1 after he set up all his bubble wrap to delay Mortarion.

Not going to bother tweaking the list under a 'the best list is the one you know how to use' mantra. Which seeing as how I won't get many games in before the tournament means I'm probably going to get smashed.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2017-10-15 at 03:28 AM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post
    So, now that the Astra Militarum Codex has come out, and after much consternation, I've come up with a list that I am happy to call my own.

Spoiler: Lapan Nightwolves 1st Regiment
    Show
    ++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [26 PL, 482pts] ++

+ Lord of War +
    Shadowsword [26 PL, 482pts]: Heavy Stubber, Hunter-killer missile, Twin heavy bolter
    . 2 Lascannon & Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons: 2x Lascannon, 2x Twin heavy bolter

I'm... uncomfortable to see more than half your points tied up in five models. But okay.

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [15 PL, 323pts] ++
    Regiment: Millitarum Tempestus

+ HQ +
    Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 45pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma Pistol, THE TACTICAL AUTO-RELIQUARY OF TYBERIUS
    Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 45pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +
    Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 65pts]: Meltagun, Plasma Pistol

+ Elites +
    Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 84pts]: 4x Meltagun
    Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 84pts]: 4x Meltagun

Swap these for Scions and you could get another 3CP for the cost of only 2 meltaguns each.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [66 PL, 1195pts] ++

+ HQ +
    Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, KUROV’S AQUILA, Plasma pistol
    Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma pistol-WARLORD TRAIT: Grand Strategist
    Company Commander [3 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Chainsword, Plasma pistol, THE LAURELS OF COMMAND

I'm not sure why all these people have plasma pistols, but okay. Also, you can only have one Relic without spending a strategem. You don't need to choose your relic now - instead, you can pick it at the start of the game.

+ Troops +
    Infantry Squad [3 PL, 46pts]: Vox
    Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]: Vox, Plasma Pistol
    Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]: Vox, Plasma Pistol

Why plasma pistols and not plasma guns? These guys are your only real option for holding or taking objectives, and in 2000 points you've only got thirty-five of them.

+ Elites +
    Command Squad [2 PL, 76pts]: 4x Plasma Gun

You know you have four flyers and a super-heavy, right? They can handle fighting the big stuff. You could have nearly five infantry squads for the cost of these three squads - which is fifty men, not fourteen. Save some points elsewhere and they could carry guns too. Alternatively, why not more Scions? For a similar cost, they have better BS and Save.

Officer of the Fleet [2 PL, 25pts]
    Ratlings [2 PL, 35pts]

+ Flyer +
    Valkyries [16 PL, 336pts] 2x Valkyries, 2x Heavy Bolter
    Vulture Gunship [22 PL, 320pts] 2x Vultures, 2x Gatling Punisher Cannons

++ Total: [107 PL, 2000pts] ++

What do people think? I know it's not super competitive, but I'm just curious. The idea is to use the Tallarn strategem to put my Shadowsword and a command squad+whatever in ambush, then kinda just be mobile at my opponent with Scions and Command Squads, while troopers hold down objectives, and eventually pop the Shadowsword out at an awkward angle for my opponent to deal with.
    Comments in Red. It looks like a fun list, but a good rule of listbuilding is "boys before toys" and if you're taking a Shadowsword and four flyers, you've got a lot of "toys" to make up for with "boys" - or girls, as the case may be.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait, rangers are good?
    Rangers are great. I've done the mathhammer for a variety of situations, and here's the list of when Vanguard are better than Rangers:

- When you want to Advance and fire.
    - When your targets are between 18" and 15" away.
    - When your targets are 18" or less away, and have exactly T5 and an even number of wounds. Odd number of wounds or T6+? Rangers are better.

In all other situations Rangers are as good or better than Vanguard (including almost everything at 15" or less range), while being cheaper. Getting -1 AP on a 6-to-wound is just great. Don't get me wrong, Vanguard are still good because the first 2 cases basically read "taking midfield first". And they have equal effectiveness with Rangers at 15" or less against T3 5+. But in a Marine-meta of T4 3+, Rangers are better all the time.
    That's what I thought. A unit of 5 rangers, three of them with arquebii, seems to be the best setup to me....
    You get two special weapons for the first 5, and another one if you buy them up to 10. So either you want 10-with-3, or more likely two squads of 5-with-2.
    Last edited by Voidhawk; 2017-10-15 at 08:15 AM.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Voidhawk View Post
    Rangers are great. I've done the mathhammer for a variety of situations, and here's the list of when Vanguard are better than Rangers:

- When you want to Advance and fire.
    - When your targets are between 18" and 15" away.
    - When your targets are 18" or less away, and have exactly T5 and an even number of wounds. Odd number of wounds or T6+? Rangers are better.

In all other situations Rangers are as good or better than Vanguard (including almost everything at 15" or less range), while being cheaper. Getting -1 AP on a 6-to-wound is just great. Don't get me wrong, Vanguard are still good because the first 2 cases basically read "taking midfield first". And they have equal effectiveness with Rangers at 15" or less against T3 5+. But in a Marine-meta of T4 3+, Rangers are better all the time.

You get two special weapons for the first 5, and another one if you buy them up to 10. So either you want 10-with-3, or more likely two squads of 5-with-2.
    Well, my initial plan was something like 50 vanguard, all with omnispex and plasma, and 10 rangers with three arquebii.... might change that up slightly.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, my initial plan was something like 50 vanguard, all with omnispex and plasma, and 10 rangers with three arquebii.... might change that up slightly.
    Why Omnispex? Cover is more or less negligible most of the time. And Omnispex takes a +1 from you when you use doctrina imperitives.

Also, anyone who has imperial Armor want to tell me how the Arvus lighter compares to the chimera?
    Last edited by druid91; 2017-10-15 at 02:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Why Omnispex? Cover is more or less negligible most of the time. And Omnispex takes a +1 from you when you use doctrina imperitives.
    Cover may not be the most-important-thing-evar any more, but it certainly still exists. And if you plan to hurt anything standing in it using basic AP0 weapons, knocking a point off their saves really helps. Meanwhile, the extra +1 from the Doctrina's will only matter if something is giving you a penalty to hit. So unless your meta has a large number of flyers or dark-eldar venoms I'd go with the cover-removal.

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    If Iyanden looks good I'm starting a Wraith force.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, my initial plan was something like 50 vanguard, all with omnispex and plasma...
    Vanguard - especially with Plasma - take Data-tethers because of Stratagems.
    It's Rangers - with Arquebuses - that take the Omnispex.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Vanguard - especially with Plasma - take Data-tethers because of Stratagems.
    I'm really not seeing it. In fact, I was so confused by this assertion that I went back to the codex and re-read every word about Vanguard, the weapons they can carry, and every stratagem just in case I missed something the first time through. This is what I found:

- There are two Stratagems that mention Data-Tethers. They give +1 to Hit at either Range or Melee, increased to +2 with a Data-Tether.
    - Since all Skitarrii are BS 3+ and WS 4+ the Data-Tether bonus is only useful when taking penalties to hit, or in Melee (where they have each have one Str3 attack, not really worth the CP IMO).
    - No weapons they carry trigger any bonus on a Hit roll, only on Wound rolls of 6+.
    - Only Plasma weapons have a downside associated with a Hit Roll. But the Stratagem (or a Dominus giving rerolls) avoids that with no need for a Tether.

Is there something obvious somewhere I'm missing? Data-Tethers really don't seem worth it at all compared to army-wide Ignores Cover.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Only Plasma weapons have a downside associated with a Hit Roll. But the Stratagem (or a Dominus giving rerolls) avoids that with no need for a Tether.
    Ever tried to Supercharge against a Hard to Hit model? I have.
    But re-roll Morale is also very good on units you know that are going to get shot at. Rangers in the back, don't get shot at (not really) so they don't take Morale tests because they don't die.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-10-15 at 07:27 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm really not seeing it. In fact, I was so confused by this assertion that I went back to the codex and re-read every word about Vanguard, the weapons they can carry, and every stratagem just in case I missed something the first time through. This is what I found:

- There are two Stratagems that mention Data-Tethers. They give +1 to Hit at either Range or Melee, increased to +2 with a Data-Tether.
    - Since all Skitarrii are BS 3+ and WS 4+ the Data-Tether bonus is only useful when taking penalties to hit, or in Melee (where they have each have one Str3 attack, not really worth the CP IMO).
    - No weapons they carry trigger any bonus on a Hit roll, only on Wound rolls of 6+.
    - Only Plasma weapons have a downside associated with a Hit Roll. But the Stratagem (or a Dominus giving rerolls) avoids that with no need for a Tether.

Is there something obvious somewhere I'm missing? Data-Tethers really don't seem worth it at all compared to army-wide Ignores Cover.
    If only units could advance and fire with their assault weapons (such as radcarbines or plasma calivers for example) at a -1 malus...

If only there was a popular 3+ armour faction (or more) that imposes -ve to-hit penalties against your forces that you'd want to use plasma on...

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Cover is a single +1 to their save. I've found that 9/10 it really doesn't matter. Maybe if you were fighting the Tau on a cover heavy map it would help, but I've never seen a game with enough actual cover to justify the Omnispex. I only have one in my whole army, and it's on my sniper team. Because their whole schtick is killing off characters. Who are occasionally likely to be in cover and have high saves.

Secondly, Data Tethers help you keep your skitarii on the board for longer in addition to giving you the +2 when you spend the CP. Letting you boost past things like night or various psyker powers that give minuses to hit.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Since all Skitarrii are BS 3+ and WS 4+ the Data-Tether bonus is only useful when taking penalties to hit...
    I think the point is, since Vanguard have Assault weapons, they'll always be taking penalties To Hit, 'cause that's the point. Plasma explodes on 2s, now? No thanks.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Also, anyone who has imperial Armor want to tell me how the Arvus lighter compares to the chimera?
    The Lighter costs 40 more points, has one lower Toughness, two fewer Wounds, but (naturally) moves a lot faster and has all the associated Flyer slot rules. It can also SUA, has a self-repair on 6+, and comes in squadrons of 1-3. Transport capacity is the same.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    The Lighter costs 40 more points, has one lower Toughness, two fewer Wounds, but (naturally) moves a lot faster and has all the associated Flyer slot rules. It can also SUA, has a self-repair on 6+, and comes in squadrons of 1-3. Transport capacity is the same.
    Thanks. I was trying to figure out if they'd be worth it as a replacement for a Rogue Trader themed army. A repurposed cargo ship seemed perfect for that.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228

Oh, I also should have mentioned: The 40 point difference gets a lot lower if you don't buy weapons for the Lighter, since "no thanks" is an option for it but not the Chimera, which will spend minimum 16 more points on weapons.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    If only units could advance and fire with their assault weapons (such as radcarbines or plasma calivers for example) at a -1 malus...
    -Headdesk- There is is. That's what I missed. Thanks!
    If only there was a popular 3+ armour faction (or more) that imposes -ve to-hit penalties against your forces that you'd want to use plasma on...
    ...Alpha Legion and Raven Guard. Right. Most armies do seem to be getting a faction with "further than 12" away" penalties, yes. My mistake was only looking at the codex in a vacuum.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iyanden preview is up!

Highlights:
    -Iyanden units take only one casualty from failed morale, and units with damage tables count wounds as double when determining penalties
    -spiritseers are cheaper (only 10 pts over warlock)
    -all non-Knight wraiths are +1T
    -runes of battle buff powers seem to have 18” range like the debuff version rather than ‘the psyker and nearby units’ based on the example power (assuming I’m not misremembering current runes or battle power mechanics from the index, which I don’t have on hand at the moment)

Looks pretty neat overall for Iyanden players.
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing at the moment.

Nova avatar courtesy of the ever awesome LCP.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Did they change the name from Aledari to Asuryani?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizhail View Post
    Iyanden preview is up!

Highlights:
    -Iyanden units take only one casualty from failed morale, and units with damage tables count wounds as double when determining penalties
    -spiritseers are cheaper (only 10 pts over warlock)
    -all non-Knight wraiths are +1T
    -runes of battle buff powers seem to have 18” range like the debuff version rather than ‘the psyker and nearby units’ based on the example power (assuming I’m not misremembering current runes or battle power mechanics from the index, which I don’t have on hand at the moment)

Looks pretty neat overall for Iyanden players.

Hate it already, honestly. Now we know why the new SC!Eldar is all wraiths.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Did they change the name from Aledari to Asuryani?
    Aeldari means ‘all the pointy eared space gits’ while Asuryani specifically refers to Craftworlders.
    Currently Playing:
    Nothing at the moment.

Nova avatar courtesy of the ever awesome LCP.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Hate it already, honestly. Now we know why the new SC!Eldar is all wraiths.
    SC!Eldar?

I do like the Illyadan stuff. Spiritseers are still useless since being within 6 inches of the enemy is a death sentence. Better to just take an Autach and have him give the exact same bonus, to every Wraithunit within 6. And then just Warlocks for the powers.

But I think with that bonus you'd actually be able to run Wraithlords again. Well, that and them becoming T8.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    SC!Eldar?

I do like the Illyadan stuff. Spiritseers are still useless since being within 6 inches of the enemy is a death sentence. Better to just take an Autach and have him give the exact same bonus, to every Wraithunit within 6. And then just Warlocks for the powers.

But I think with that bonus you'd actually be able to run Wraithlords again. Well, that and them becoming T8.
    I wanted it to be StarCraft: Eldars so badly, but its Start Collecting xD

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizhail View Post
    Aeldari means ‘all the pointy eared space gits’ while Asuryani specifically refers to Craftworlders.
    So they are just making up more words for gun then. Seriously, just call them Craftworld Aledari
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    So they are just making up more words for gun then. Seriously, just call them Craftworld Aledari
    but their copyrights?!?!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    but their copyrights?!?!
    I wonder how profitable it would be to go through and copyright everything that sounded kind of fantasy ish. And then charge big companies for the use of the name.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

So Iyanden's trait is essentially the Imperial Guard's Valhallan trait. Exact same thing, really.

What was a pretty decent trait for a hordes army seems to be a fairly powerful one for the relatively elite Eldar. Be interesting to see if there are any in there that can eclipse this one.

Also interesting to see them limiting it to five craftworlds. Not as many options for space elves...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!