New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: [PTU] A Place of Our Own IC

"Erik Lawson, and there's nothing wrong with a little excitement." Marple? The name sounded like one he'd heard more than once, he just wasn't sure at the moment. Scratching at his chin, Erik continued, "I'm leaning more and more towards bowing out of this little competition. I can't say I've been there myself, but does the safari zone have something of interest to either of you?" He gestured towards Annie and Adalicia.
    Last edited by Rune Knight; 2017-10-14 at 03:27 AM.
    Pokémon player races for D&D's Fifth Edition.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kotoha watched as chaos seemed to ensue, people talking and arguing with one another, it seemed, as there was now a few random handouts that were being contested over. Safari passes seemed alluring, but she seemed more interested in the ferry pass, as she was sure Brinstar wasn't too keen on swimming across such a vast waterway. To be honest, neither was she.

She saw everyone standing from one side and the other, the Swarm Hollow native still in traditional garments began to move to the side that offered up the Ferry Ticket. Brinstar chittered and hobbled along after her trainer, cinders flaking off here and there from her horns as she made her way over to the only other trainer that seemed to have interest in the ferry ticket. She looked her over and offered a small smile, "Hello...haven't had a chance to really talk with others since getting in the lab. I'm Kotoha...this is Brinstar." she said as she introduced herself and her Larvesta partner. "I suppose you're not keen on swimming around from place to place either?" she joked casually, trying to make some kind of small talk while everyone maneuvers into position.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well..." Sawyer stood up and nudged Grube awake.

"It looks like no matter which side I pick, it'll end up with odd numbers." As Grube stretched and yawned, Sawyer seemed to be considering the options. With a shrug, he moved to the side wishing to compete for the Safari tickets.

"Time to go to work Grube. I'll make sure you get a snack after." The promise of food seemed to be enough for the roly-poly Munchlax, it's ears and eyes became fully alert as it sprung to it's feet and waddled to join it's trainer.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Vivi waves a bit shyly at the gril. "Hi Kotoha. I am Vivi and this is Breckitt" she says, pointing at the Torchic. "I was hoping this would get sorted out quickly, but it looks like we may be here for a while.

And no, swimming around the whole region definitely does not sounds like fun to me. Breckitt would probably try and ride on my head while I swam. He is.. less than fond of water as you might guess."
    Vivi smiles a bit as she says this, and odd sight on her dirty face.

5. - Top - End - #65

ClericGuy

Seeing the guy from before change his mind and go for the safari pass rather than the ferry ticket, Liz let out a long sigh. "Great, now you made this a lot more awkward than it needed to be. Seven is an awful number to choose three from," she muttered. Looking for anyway to help even out numbers a bit, her eyes laid on an older looking guy that came in late, currently conversing with Professor Yew about something probably unimportant. Hmm, if that guy could join the safari tickets... Even if he wanted the ferry tickets, maybe she could convince that guy with the Munchlax to go with his original wish.

"Hey, you! Old guy who's late! Were you planning on getting into the whole tournament thing for these prizes? If so, which one do you want? A ferry pass or a safari ticket?" Liz called out to the man.
    Last edited by frigidScholar; 2017-10-13 at 12:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Loft looks around and briefly, now conflicted by the fact he'd be squaring off against his two new friends for the Safari tickets, and then to Diamond. His Machop has the air of someone who finds the "bureaucracy" of all this maddening and she clearly just wants him to pick a side.

He ultimately sticks to his guns and sides with Sawyer and Adalicia on the Safari pass side. If he wants to travel with them, it does the lot of them no good if he were to win a free travel pass for himself alone and Diamond, who has quickly become Loft's mental sounding board, complies with it. ...It may seem strange, though, as Loft is making little effort to hide the fact he seems capable of silently communicating with Diamond, and she's getting the general gist of whatever's going on between them.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Loki was just chilling, waiting for his turn with the professor and then, he felt someone calling for him. He turned around, yup, there was one girl that was looking right at him. Even worst, she called him an "old" guy. Seriously, old guy?! He was in his prime year, almost thirty. Yeah sure, "thirty" was veteran age in sports and in some sports, like gymnastic for instance, one would retire before thirty. Yeah sure, he did not maintain his look as much as the metropolitan people - despite living in a luxury city - and he would wear no pants at home playing online games. But old? Old? "Calm down, kiddo. I haven't even have my Pokemon yet and you are trying to shove me into a tournament. Are you really in that much of a rush?" He looked at the girl with a stern expression, but not so much anger on his face. He has competed in enough poker tournaments - not with a lot of good results, but competed - to control his face regardless of emotion.

Then, he looked all over the room. Shat, he was indeed the old guy among them. They might as well be a group of junior scouts selling candies on street. Never did he thought he would be the super veteran in a group in his current age. Now he wondered if he could actually find a partner to travel with. Perhaps the initial plan of going solo was just better for him, maybe. "Anyway, I am not attending this 'tournament'--" He turned back his attention to the brash girl, air-quoting with his fingers, "without knowing about the rules and stipulation. Just let me get my Pokemon first and you can brief me all you want."

Before turning back to the professor, he briefly scanned the field. He has played his share of Pokemon game but this was different. He was not confident about his chance in this thing. His initial plan before coming here was to go out into a wild and bolster his team right away. But, a prize would be sweet. He probably would pass on the safari ticket since the zone was in the city he lived in. No way he was going back to that place so soon when he has other places ot go. Ferry pass, eh, he could do without it, but winning made him happy. Darn, guess he just have to see his starter and check out the field before he could make a clear decision.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
    "Hello Professor Yew," He said to the two professors, unsure of their names. "Sorry I am late. I am Loki Larsen, one of the applicants for your Pokedex project. I am here for my Pokemon and Pokedex."
    "Hey Loki, glad you could make it! Just grab whichever Pokedex you like from the table there; I'll set you up with a Pokemon in oooooone moment..."

Yew turns to fiddle with the PC again, circling the mouse a few times before seemingly choosing a Pokemon at random; a ball appears in what you're still not convinced isn't a coffee maker, which she casually tosses to you.

Spoiler: Pokeball
    Show
    It's... the Oddish you applied with! Feel free to roleplay them as you see fit~

All of you hear a peculiar *pop* in the distance, followed seconds later by the blaring of a fire alarm and the room being saturated in dark red emergency lights!

Yew immediately takes control of the situation, speaking slowly and clearly over the din.
    "Alright everyone, please recall your Pokemon and follow me to the nearest exit. This is not a drill; I repeat, not a drill. Could a couple of you young folk stay with Dr. Marple and Mr. Lawson? Okay, this way, this way!"

She leads you back the way you'd come in, then about a hundred meters away from the complex before stopping to gather everyone and count heads. You can see smoke starting to billow above the far side of the building, and a few other groups - mostly researchers, judging by the white coats - forming up some distance away.
    "One, two, three... all here? Phew, thank goodness! It's a little frightening, but really this kind of thing happens more often than you'd think. Looks like all the other sections have safely evacuated too; we've got nothing to worry about! Then there'll be a big, big insurance check... heheheh~"

"Anyway! I'm sorry our introductions got cut short, but this is as good a time as any to send you on your way! Have adventures, make friends, catch Pokemon, and strive every day to be the very best you you can be! I'll look forward to all that data you'll send pouring in~!"

Yew sends you off with a wave, as you all form up and head your separate ways - separate, yet all walking down the same road as Pokemon Trainers!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I've covered a good bit of narrative ground here to get y'all on your way; feel free to play out things you might've thought or done during the emergency and exodus, and you can take time to talk among yourselves before hitting the road.

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Erik followed the professor's instructions and recalled Calder, to evacuate with everyone else. The popplio had experience flooding an office, but neither of them were trained fire fighters. The nearby Pokémon Center probably had someone on the way even as they all left, anyway.
    Outside, he gave another look over the group. Should he try to travel with anyone? Shaking his head, Erik left for the local mart. Part of the reason Erik had became a licensed trainer was to be able to handle the wilder parts of Fantasia with just himself and the pokémon with him.

Inside the Pokémart, he went straight for the first aid isle and picked up one of the standard kits. Accidents, and not-so-accidents, would happen in his future as a trainer. He might not always have a Pokémon Center close by, and Erik wanted to keep the Pokémon with him happy and healthy. The only other things he bought were a few jars of honey. Two being little better than a disposable plastic cup, and the other a quality glass jar. Because, even after being emptied of whatever it held, it was suddenly full of something else: Potential.

Afterward, he left Heartwood to the northeast, and headed into the deeper part of the woods.
    Last edited by Rune Knight; 2017-10-21 at 01:33 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

ClericGuy

Liz put her hands on her hips as she listened to the man's response. Her face took on more and more disbelief as he talked. Arceus, she was just trying to do something nice! She could have totally done the tournament without him if she wanted to and she would've lost absolutely nothing. He didn't have to be such a prick about it, he even did air quotes at her! Who even does that?! She should really just leave him out of it, just to stick it to him. But... 7 is a really awkward number... Well... maybe she could still allow him in but be a bit backhanded about it... Yeah, that'll work.

"Mother Mew, you try to do something nice for someone...," Liz muttered loud enough to be audible. "Look, Gramps, we've all been waiting here a lot longer than you've been around, so excuuuuse me for wanting to get things started. If you wanted to know how it's working, you could've asked a little more nicely, just saying. If you went 'I'm interested but I want to know how the rules are going before I decide'...," Liz said in a mock deep tone while copying his air quotes from before, "Then I totally would've been super nice and perfectly polite about this."

Liz let out a deep sigh, calming down a bit after venting that piece of anger out. She then started speaking in a more measured tone, "Anyway... Depending on how many people are in the tournament, it's probably going to be a single elimination type thing. For the tickets, the top two automatically get one, then the rest of the last four battle for the last. How you decide a winner isn't really set, I don't really care how you do it, just do something that you both can agree on. And I don't care how the ferry tickets work since I don't-" Liz stated before being interrupted by a loud pop from somewhere followed by the beginning of a fire alarm, causing her to jump slightly.

"Aaaaaaaaaah! What's going on?" she asked in the middle of a large group of somewhat panicking people. Then, hearing Professor Yew's instructions, she quickly followed her out of the lab. If there was a fire, she wasn't going to get burnt up by it. After evacuating the lab, Liz let out a deep breath as the professor started rambling about something else. Yeesh, that was a bit of a scare...

"Welp, that was anticlimactic," she muttered to no one in particular as they were dismissed. Well, might as well get going... Though she should probably touch base with Sophie before heading off in a random direction since she agreed to travel with for a bit. She looked around for Sophie in the large group before moving over toward her. Liz gave a brief wave to get her attention before speaking. "Hey, Sophie, which way did you want to go? I'm honestly fine with any direction. I hear there are Shinx on the routes north and east of here and if we're going south I can stop by the pokemart and see if they have any fishing rods in stock so I can catch a Magikarp to evolve into a Gyarados later. I was sorta thinking of making a little loop and hit Rusty Roost, Blackmount, and Anchorlift for their badges before going into south Fantasia, but I'm willing to take any suggestions you have," Liz said, laying out options she had thought of. "I'm not attached to any route in particular, honestly. If we had the safari ti... ckets... Aaaah! The tickets!" Liz continued before being stopped before her own train of thought, "Ah, crap! They've probably burnt to a crisp by now! Aww man... well I guess that's that then..." Liz continued, her face falling.
    Last edited by frigidScholar; 2017-10-16 at 03:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71

As the fire broke out, starting to spread, she turned to Vivi, "Oh dear...that cuts our little conversation short, doesn't it!" she said as she plucked her Net Ball out of its holster and quickly recalled Brinstar, her Larvesta. Smoke began to fill the room, the professor leading people out of the room. Not only had the fire cut her conversation with Vivi short, but the little competition over the items too. But that ferry pass was too appealing to just let it be consumed by the fire...but with the fire quickly advancing towards the desk, moving closer to it would not be advised. She was hoping that she wouldn't have to reveal herself so soon, holding out her hands and launching strong threads towards the ferry pass.

Spoiler: Kotoha displays the power of a Swarmlord
    Show
    OOC: In one of my other PTU games, we have been using Orokos to record and roll dice. I hope that will be ok. It's handy and lightweight to use, and easy to log by player.
    Threaded (Item Retrieval) [AC 6]: 18

Feeling successful, she easily yanked the ferry ticket with her, looking to Vivi, "I got this if you wanna follow me!" she said, brandishing the ferry pass before smiling to the other and quickly bounding to the door, meeting up with the rest of the group a good distance from the conflagration that was the laboratory. After being dismissed by the professor, she pocketed her Pokedex, secured her bag, and peered up towards the sun. She has now decided to head East, towards Route 912, eager to check out the forest. After all, it was the place that reminded her of home the most!

Kotoha is now walking towards the forest on Route 912 and will begin looking for Wild Pokemon.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-16 at 08:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Sawyer recalled Grube and exited with everyone else. He stayed close to Loft and Adalicia until the Professor seemed to release everyone.

"I wasn't really going to fight for the ticket..." He chewed on a piece of granola absently. "I intended on forfeiting to one of you if we would have been bracketed together. But now we have nothing to worry about! So which way are you guys planning on heading?"

He allowed Grube out of his ball again. "Lets get some exercise, since we didn't get to fight."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

As all the commotion started Adalicia quickly checked herself over to make sure she had everything then followed the crowd out of the Lab. Once outside she stayed with the people she had already bonded with until they were all allowed to go.

"Seems like the fire sorted out all the prize problems for us. Loft would have been likely to get a ticket though given there were two of us that would have given it to him. Maybe we will be able to sort something out for you when we get there." She addresses Loft and Sawyer while idly fiddling with the pokeball on her belt. "If we are going to travel together I want to give a Beau a chance to get to know you. But I don't want to let her out around all these people again. She liked the beach so maybe it would be nice to let her out there. Plus I am only familiar with the route to the south so it would make sense for me to go there first. I landed in Crystalport and had to take that route to get here, other than that the whole of Fantasia is new to me.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophie looks around startled as the alarm goes off. "Oh dear...I'm sorry, Cotton, but I'm going to have to put you in your ball for a moment." She delves into her purse, taking a few seconds to pull out a Pokeball that's as pink as her clothes. The Espurr's eyes stop glowing, moments before she's drawn in. "Alright, let's follow the professor!" If she can find it, she grabs on to Liz's hand so they don't get separated.

Once they're out, Sophie waits for Liz to finish, not wanting to interrupt. "We may not have the tickets, but that's alright. I'm sure we'll figure something out! But for now, I think going south so you can pick up that fishing rod is a good plan. Let's go!"

As Sophie starts walking, she releases Cotton. "Sorry for having to coop you up in there..."

...wait, there's something stuck to Cotton's back. Sophie peels it off, seeing that it's...a safari ticket! "How did this get here...? Cotton, you didn't float it to you as I was looking for your ball, did you? Good thinking!" She spins around, turning to Liz. "We-e-e-ell, still wanna head south? If I remember right, it still goes to the Safari Zone, we just have to pass by a couple extra places..."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Loft didn't recall his Pokemon. Diamond, in a constant back and forth process of walking Loft to the doors of the combat area, then back to the table to give that "sinister" girl in pink an earful and then back to the lineup, hears the alarms and starts shoving Loft toward the exit once more. However, in passing the table she notices one ticket missing and the ferry pass gone altogether and enough is enough!

One of the safari tickets is snatched up, the Machop stuffing it into Loft's vest pocket as she shoves him to safety. In fact, she's carrying him with some anger induced effort and doesn't put him down until they're well out of harm's way. Loft, poor sot, doesn't struggle too much aganist his adamant companion.

"Whaugh! Okay, okay Diamond, it's safe now! Jeez, you're strong!

I guess you ain't keen on traveling in your pokeball much, neither, but hey thats okay, we can walk... Yeah, Sawyer, Adalicia, let's head south. I happen to have an old rod, we can take turns with it on the beach while we train and travel!
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #76

ClericGuy

Liz gave a nod to Sophie's direction on where she wanted to go. "Sure, sounds good. A Shinx might be a little more useful in the short term but if we want something to get through the water like I promised I should get that Magikarp going." Liz stretched a bit, shifting the guitar case slung over her back, before heading after Sophie. Well, it looked like this was it! After a brief stop by the pokemart, Liz could get started on her journey! After all that nervousness earlier, she was actually feeling pretty great about it. She already had her pokedex and a starter she was sure would be awesome, so all she needed to do was round out her team and get started on taking over gyms. Yeah! This was going to rock! Now, what type was the Crystalport Gym again? Water, maybe? Though, there were three other port cities that had gyms too, so maybe not water? She swore she did research on this, but she couldn't quite remember.

Liz was so caught up in her thoughts that she almost ran straight into Sophie when she stopped to her Espurr. Liz blinked a few times and gathered herself just in time to see Sophie spin around with a familiar slip of paper in her hand. "Wait, is that...? It is!" Liz exclaimed, "Ahhh! You beautiful creature, you!" Liz bent down and patted the Espurr on the head, careful to avoid the ears, giving her praise after learning she was the source of the ticket.

Liz shrugged after Sophie's question, "Yeah, might as well. We'll have to pay for a second ticket anyway so I don't mind waiting a bit to build up a little buffer of prize money." Things were going awesome! Liz clenched a fist and brought it down in a brief motion. Now all she needed to do was stop by the pokemart and she was set. "Hey, I'm going to head over to the pokemart for that fishing rod now. You can come with if you want or just hang around here and do stuff otherwise. I'll be quick, I promise! The fishing rod and the bait's all I want."

With that, Liz darted for the blue roofed shop and headed in. Looking around it, the shop was... small. Smaller than the department store in Anchorpoint by several large margins. Liz guessed that all pokemarts couldn't be that large and well stocked but this was kind of a bit of a disappointment if she was perfectly honest. Though, this place was in a small town... she guessed that made a bit of sense. After a cursory glance around the store, she found a section for fishing and headed over. There was... a lot of stuff for fishing here. She didn't know there was so much equipment you could use for it. Fishing Lures seemed worth it, but they were a little out of her price range right now, so... Liz grabbed the cheapest rod she could find, even though it looked a little beat up, and one serving of bait to go along with it.

"Hi there! I'm going to buy this fishing rod and bait, if that's alright!" Liz greeted the store clerk as she approached them. Hopefully this friendliness would let the next part go without a hitch. "And, um... I just came from Professor Yew's lab so this is the beginning of my journey and... this kind of cleans me out cash-wise. And it might not even work after I get it, you know?" Liz said, making a slightly exaggerated thinking pose. "So, um... I was just wondering, if you could like... maybe throw in another bait for free? Or give me a little bit of a discount? Pleeeeease? I'd really appreciate it!" Liz asked, giving her best set of puppy dog eyes to the store clerk with her hands clutched under her chin.
    Last edited by frigidScholar; 2017-10-16 at 02:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Charm Roll for Discount!
    Show
    (4d6)[16]

Sorry for the double post, it wouldn't go when I edited it in.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Vivi was enjoying idle conversation with Kotoha when Professor Yew returned and ushered everyone out. She quickly recalled Breckitt to his ball and made for the exit.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Kotoha making some kind of motion with her hands, and was quite impressed with what she saw.

"Well, that is certainly handy. Waste not want not." Vivi says as she follows Kotoha to the exit.

Once outside and they were all dismissed, she looked back over to Kotoha.

"I.. didn't really plan this far ahead, and half expected this to not even work out at all, so I haven't really thought about what to do next. Do.. do you want to travel together?" Vivi asks Kotoha in an unsure voice.

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

The Pokémart clerk stares at the old rod as he hands it over, perhaps he has found a kindred fishing spirit? Hearing Liz's plight, he leans onto the counter and looks over the mostly empty store. "To tell you the truth: I think this packaged bait food is really targeting the noble sport of fishing! Corporate sets jars of honey we stock at nearly two fifths the cost. Yet, I've seen trainers walk out of here with armloads of the stuff, and they came back with tons of Pokémon." He thumps the desk. "But you can't put honey on a hook! I'll be right back, I'm pretty sure we have some that's expiring soon anyway.

The clerk hands Liz an extra package of bait, which is indeed running up on the final day it'll be good for.

Spoiler: Bait
    Show
    If not used by the end of the day, it becomes vile bait with a -2 to the d20 roll to attract a pokémon.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrel View Post
    "I.. didn't really plan this far ahead, and half expected this to not even work out at all, so I haven't really thought about what to do next. Do.. do you want to travel together?" Vivi asks Kotoha in an unsure voice.
    Kotoha peered back behind her as she was just about to start heading off, hearing Vivi calling out to her. Kotoha spun about and smiled warmly, "Anyone is welcome to travel with me, as long as they don't mind my...eccentricities." she stated as the smile grew, "It'll be nice to have some company, and our two pokemon have a good bit in common. I'd love the company!"

Kotoha then pointed eastward, well, only after checking where the sun to make sure she didn't look like a moron. "There's a forest east of here on route 912, or so I've heard." she said to Vivi, "I say we start there, and see where our journey takes us!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MashPotatoJones View Post
    Kotoha peered back behind her as she was just about to start heading off, hearing Vivi calling out to her. Kotoha spun about and smiled warmly, "Anyone is welcome to travel with me, as long as they don't mind my...eccentricities." she stated as the smile grew, "It'll be nice to have some company, and our two pokemon have a good bit in common. I'd love the company!"

Kotoha then pointed eastward, well, only after checking where the sun to make sure she didn't look like a moron. "There's a forest east of here on route 912, or so I've heard." she said to Vivi, "I say we start there, and see where our journey takes us!"
    "Any route works for me, like I said, I didn't have much of plan. And I think you are right, these two," Vivi points at the 2 small pokemon, "look like they can get into all kinds of trouble together"

22. - Top - End - #82

ClericGuy

Liz listened to the clerk's spiel, while she didn't particularly care about this, since he was considering giving her free stuff, she figured she should at least play along. Her eyes widened as she listened to it, "Wow, that sounds awful! It's like they're trying to make fishing inaccessible to new trainers!"

On getting her things plus the extra packet of bait, Liz gave a wide smile, "Thanks a bunch, you're the best! I'll make sure to put this bait to good use!" Liz finished before darting back out of the pokemart. Nice! She wasn't actually sure if that would work. Liz chalked it up to the store being in a small town, she was fairly sure marts in bigger cities with a lot more customers wouldn't let that fly. With that out of the way, she rushed back over to where she left Sophie. On spotting her in the area, Liz gave a wave as she approached.

"Alright, I got the fishing pole and the bait, so I'm ready to leave whenever you are," Liz stated, "Hopefully this thing works. I mean, Magikarp are supposed to be ridiculously common so... Yeah, anyway, ready to go."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"I haven't tried fishing before, is it easy to learn? Do you have a lot of bait? I don't want to waste any so maybe it would be best that I leave it to the professionals."

Adalicia studied her new travelling companions while they responded and got ready, had she made the right choice. Even though their pokemon looked strong they seemed a little unprepared for the journey, but so was she. This would give her a chance to prove her worth, to approach a problem with her equals and to succeed know that she had played her part. She didn't want to just be carried everywhere, dragged along by people that were far better than she was. Sure they weren't the usual kind of people she would hang around with but maybe this is what she needed the most, a chance to be herself without any preconceptions of how she should act.

"Is everyone ready to get going? I will have to buy a tent at some point but there should be some nice places to sleep on the beach so that isn't necessary yet. It should only take a couple of days to get to Crystalport."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophie waves to Liz as she leaves the Pokemart to make herself easier to spot.

"Right! To adventure we go!" Sophie thrusts her fist upward like it was some sort of rallying cry, before leading the way south, humming a song to herself.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, the beach will be nice. I think a Slowpoke would be a good companion for Grube's style. I brought my cooking kit, so I can handle our meals." He smiled at the thought of cooking on the beach.

"Do you guys have any other Pokémon that you're after in particular?" He glanced at the signs as they left to ensure that they were following the right route toward the beach.

26. - Top - End - #86

ClericGuy

Liz followed after Sophie toward the south end of town, going for Route 6. Liz was pretty psyched up about it, her first route! This was going to be great. "You know, I haven't really been to a proper beach for a while, so this'll be pretty nice," Liz mused mostly to herself. Though on the way, she realized something she'd promised Slash earlier.

"Oh! Right, I'd better let Slash out, I said I would and I need to do morning training anyway...," Liz muttered as she grabbed the ball on her waist and pressed the button to release Slash. The Skiddo appeared in a flash of red light, standing still for a few moments to get adjusted to the sudden change in scenery before glancing around at his surroundings. He made to go bounding off around the area but contained himself briefly to glance back at Liz.

"Hey, I promised, didn't I? Go nuts!" Liz said in way of answer, a half grin on her face. The Skiddo took the invitation and began darting around the area with energetic curiosity, looking at anything that piqued his interest. Eventually, his movements brought him over to Sophie who he approached somewhat more sedately. "That's Sophie! She's nice and we're going to be traveling together, so feel free to say hi," Liz said. The Skiddo then closed the distance and butted his head lightly against Sophie's side as if to say hello. After waiting a bit for Sophie's response, the pokemon darted back toward Liz. "Woah, there!" Liz exclaimed as the pokemon ducked between her legs and bucked her onto his back. Liz wobbled for a few moments before getting into a balanced position and letting out a sigh.

"I hope you don't mind him much, he can be a bit energetic if he gets put back in his ball for a while..." Liz said somewhat apologetically to Sophie, "I'd offer you a ride too, but Slash can only really carry one person right now, maybe once he evolves, he'll be a bit stronger. But uh, I won't rush off or anything, I'm just sort of planning to train him a bit to get him to respond to commands a bit better if I need him to move a certain way in battle, so... it'll be a lot of zigzagging and stuff to slow us down."

Liz rubbed the back of her neck somewhat sheepishly. "So yeah, we can keep going now, sorry about the interruption and stuff," she finished before she nudged Slash to get him to go down the route to the south.

27. - Top - End - #87

Liz, Sophie, Sawyer, Loft, and Adalacia (Did I miss anyone, or add too many?)

Map is up on Roll20 - Look for Route 906 (Beach)

The refreshing breeze from the sea to the west greets you as you head southward. The beach is easily visible through the tree line, a smattering of tropical palms and shrubs that divide the beach from the grasslands to the east. You hear the cry of a flock of wingull flying far overhead, followed by the sound of the sea lapping at the sandy shore. What does your group do?

Spoiler: Looking for Pokemon?
    Show
    You're able to see a few pokemon relaxing on the beach! A pair of pink quadrupeds with long tails ending in a lighter pink tip seem to be having a staring contest, mouths agape as unblinking eyes gaze into each other's eyes. They're laying right where the water thins out on the sand, seeming to be unmoved or bothered by the water lapping up against their chubby bellies.

Splashing around a few meters off shore you're able to spot without trouble a trio of blue sea cucumbers with wavy fins swimming around in a circular pattern, playfully splashing one another with the salty sea water, chittering and just having a grand time! The water they're playing in seems to be shallow enough that a pokemon that is appropriately sized could wade through it without needing to swim (Medium sized or larger)

Sidling sideways seems to be a single, solitary crustacean. It waves its claws side to side as it traverses the line where the water meets the sand, its little mouth foaming slightly as it reaches the two pink pokemon staring at one another. It pokes and pushes a claw at one of their bellies to see if it would move. Upon not getting a response, it simply skitters over them and continues on its merry way.

Spoiler: Perception Check (Open Only at 11+)
    Show
    Pokemon Stealth Roll: 11
    With a keen eye you can see a couple of pairs of eyes poking up out of the sand, well out of the reach of the water. The eyes looked a lot like a pair of tan binoculars with dark circles around the actual eye itself, a bar connecting the two darkened areas. They seem to be following you as you meander around the coastline.

[Sawyer has Identified these for the group!]There are a couple of strange little statues as well closer to the treeline. They've got large pink noses and look like a little face, and they both seem to be pointing northward. They do not show signs of motion or even life, but you've heard about these things before, either from friends or family. They're pokemon that are very much attuned to the magnetic field of the world...but their name escapes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrel View Post
    "Any route works for me, like I said, I didn't have much of plan. And I think you are right, these two," Vivi points at the 2 small pokemon, "look like they can get into all kinds of trouble together"
    Kotoha would look to Vivi, "Well, let's get a move on then? I say we head on over east then. Let's get started...I want to see what kinds of pokemon we can find in these parts of the woods!" With that, Kotoha would lead the way, returning her pokemon back to her Net Ball before sprinting off at first, then slowing down to a brisk walking pace, the treeline of the forest to the east in her sights!
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-18 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Sawyer has made a spoiler available to all

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, ah, I would dearly like to meet-- catch an oshawott. Diamond..." he glances at her for a silent exchange, briefly, again forgetting to keep this sort of thing not public, "She would like more fighting types to make friends and training buddies with." The machop nods firmly, completely on board with what Loft explains.

At the beach, Loft removes his shoes (his pants legs allready rolled up) and becomes a bit more at peace than he was prior, no longer a bit erratic and jumpy. He breathes a sigh of relief, and then pulls out a folding fishing rod from the lumpy bundled sleeping bag that seems to have all of his possessions.

"Well.... I watched a few Chuu-Tube videos on how to cast a line; I can show y'all how to..um... assuming those pink things over that way aren't aimiable to joining us..." he says to Sawyer and Adalicia, though all of a sudden he keeps glancing over his shoulders, as if expecting someone to be watching this...

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show

Bait is only a 1x useage right? Loft will spend 750 to get three of them at the store without attempting to haggle.

Intuition: (4d6)[12]
    Perception: (2d6)[7]

And eventually his first survival roll for fishing to show the 'rookies' how it's done, spending an AP point: (2d6+1)[11]
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2017-10-18 at 08:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh man... the beach is even better than the river!" Sawyer excitedly clambered for the Pokedex in his pack while Grube moved toward the lapping waves to dip a toe in. "Are we lucky enough to see the Pokémon I was literally just mentioning catching already?"

Saywer pointed the 'Dex at the slothful-looking pair of Pokémon first. While the picture was being taken, he glanced down the beach at all the other types frolicking around.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception - (2d6)[6]
    Intuition - (4d6)[10]

30. - Top - End - #90

"The Beach Bums"

OOC: If you've made a roll and have met or exceeded the number I've required, you're free to open the spoiler and roleplay out seeing those pokemon. If you would like, you're also free to point them out to anyone in your group as well, since you've clearly been able to identify they are pokemon.

If you're fishing, I will require the d20 roll for every 5 minutes you spend fishing. Bait is used up if you reel in a pokemon, fail the athletics check, or after 3 unsuccessful attempts at hooking something. If you hit the 15+ to 'hook' a pokemon, make the appropriate athletics check (DC8) to see if you can reel it in. Fishing rules are found in the Core Rulebook (pg. 217)

Sawyer's Pokedex lights up and an audible ping is heard, the picture of the pokemon popping up along with a spoken name and definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer's Pokedex
    Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokemon. It lazes vacantly near water. If something bites its tail, it won't even notice for a whole day. Slowpoke in Fantasia are often renowned for their brighter, pinker color!