New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Get Fit: I want a folding vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivarias View Post
    So spent the last two weeks falling off the wagon.

Apparently the depression wasn't gone, just in remission. As soon as I paused my workout routine it came back with a vengeance. This killed self esteem and I ate a bunch of fast food. I'm back up to 165. Two weeks of progress flushed in a week.

Means I can't get below 250 by my bday without starving myself (March 7th) Worse, I'm seriously considering it because I HATE being fat. I've been fat for so long. I PROMISED myself that I would NEVER be above a 40" waist or more than 250lbs.
    Well if you're already having hormone problems you DEFINITELY should not starve yourself. That will really throw your hormones out of whack. All you really can do here is probably recalculate. I mean one bad week will kill two weeks, so you've lost two weeks, you still have 42 weeks left this year to have better progress. So I wouldn't stress it, any kind of stressful knee-jerk reaction is going to make things worse, particularly if you have hormonal issues.

I would recommend getting back to working out, and focusing on that, since that can help with both kinds of issues, at least in some sense. And then focus on what you're doing well, rather than what you're failing at. Focusing on the negative stuff makes people quit, focusing on what they've accomplished and what they are accomplishing helps them keep it up.
    My Avatar is Glimtwizzle, a Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

I know you're right, I just also know I can drop to 1200 calories for a month and drop twenty lbs. (I've done it before). Then bump back up to normal once I'm passed the "disgusting" zone.

It's part of the compulsive behaviors issue. I want the quick fix reward to absolve my guilt and encourage me forward. If I do this slow and steady I know I'm going to be discouraged until I'm below 258 which would mark my "should have" progress.

It's just SO SO tempting. I'll be maybe sort of hungry (depression spikes the **** out of my appetite). Right now I just need to pre-cook my meals, and workout. Get to the gym today. Go for a walk tomorrow. Etc.
    Last edited by Sivarias; 2018-02-16 at 11:18 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

I know you're right, I just also know I can drop to 1200 calories for a month and drop twenty lbs. (I've done it before). Then bump back up to normal once I'm passed the "disgusting" zone.

It's part of the compulsive behaviors issue. I want the quick fix reward to absolve my guilt and encourage me forward. If I do this slow and steady I know I'm going to be discouraged until I'm below 258 which would mark my "should have" progress.

It's just SO SO tempting. I'll be maybe sort of hungry (depression spikes the **** out of my appetite). Right now I just need to pre-cook my meals, and workout. Get to the gym today. Go for a walk tomorrow. Etc.
    Well as somebody who has done a lot of research on hormone stuff, I can tell you that starvation drops your testosterone levels into the garbage. You'll lose a lot more doing that, if you aren't super careful with it. And also the vast majority of what you loose on a super quick cut like that is water weight, so it's kind of pointless.

Here's what I would recommend, take a break from the scale for a bit, focus on other measures of improvement (like gym capacity and what-not) keep your diet consistent and then weigh yourself after you're going to be closer to where you want to be. That way the temptation isn't there.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

TVTyrant: That's frikkin' awesome, noticable progress! Keep it up!

Sivarias: Oh man, I know that desire to overcorrect once you've messed up. For me, it works so well to forgive myself and just reboot with no dramatics. The past doesn't matter. What matters is what I do today and in the future, because those I can change. No need to atone or punish myself. Just course correct and keep going.

A small status for me: The biking thing is going... ehhh. Last week I biked only once, but before that I was going strong. Forgive, and back in the saddle, then
    However, the cold turkey on sweets is going amazingly. I've messed up two days since I started, eating a small serving of cake on both days, which is still much less than I used to binge. So that marks twenty successful days, no current cravings, and the craziest of all... I seem to be losing weight! Noticably so!* After THREE WEEKS. I've never tried this before, and it is frikkin' awesome! I didn't know I could feel control over my body and my eating habits like this, and oh man it's amazing!

Yes, I know it's silly to be so worked up over a simple three weeks, but I've literally never had this amount of control over it before. Sugar addiction is a beast, and it says a lot about my mental health that I can do it right now. It's a huge confidence boost.

I'm currently debating with myself about whether to institute a fast food ban in March, too, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It's gonna be much harder, definitely.

* I haven't owned scales for ten years, so I have no numbers, but my jeans don't lie.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sivarias: Oh man, I know that desire to overcorrect once you've messed up. For me, it works so well to forgive myself and just reboot with no dramatics. The past doesn't matter. What matters is what I do today and in the future, because those I can change. No need to atone or punish myself. Just course correct and keep going.
    Absolutely true. Sivarias, self-shaming and self-flagellation are rotten feelings and even if you can use them as fuel to reach some short-term goals quickly, they will only lead you to bad places in the long run. Mistakes and bad times happen in any long-term project, you just need to accept that and move on. You can do it and, in fact, you're already doing it. That feeling is the fuel you need to actually accomplish things.

Incidentally, I've just had what I like to call a "carbs-only weekend". Whoops.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AMFV View Post
    Well as somebody who has done a lot of research on hormone stuff, I can tell you that starvation drops your testosterone levels into the garbage. You'll lose a lot more doing that, if you aren't super careful with it. And also the vast majority of what you loose on a super quick cut like that is water weight, so it's kind of pointless.

Here's what I would recommend, take a break from the scale for a bit, focus on other measures of improvement (like gym capacity and what-not) keep your diet consistent and then weigh yourself after you're going to be closer to where you want to be. That way the temptation isn't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post

A small status for me: The biking thing is going... ehhh. Last week I biked only once, but before that I was going strong. Forgive, and back in the saddle, then
    However, the cold turkey on sweets is going amazingly. I've messed up two days since I started, eating a small serving of cake on both days, which is still much less than I used to binge. So that marks twenty successful days, no current cravings, and the craziest of all... I seem to be losing weight! Noticably so!* After THREE WEEKS. I've never tried this before, and it is frikkin' awesome! I didn't know I could feel control over my body and my eating habits like this, and oh man it's amazing!

Yes, I know it's silly to be so worked up over a simple three weeks, but I've literally never had this amount of control over it before. Sugar addiction is a beast, and it says a lot about my mental health that I can do it right now. It's a huge confidence boost.

I'm currently debating with myself about whether to institute a fast food ban in March, too, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. It's gonna be much harder, definitely.

* I haven't owned scales for ten years, so I have no numbers, but my jeans don't lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Absolutely true. Sivarias, self-shaming and self-flagellation are rotten feelings and even if you can use them as fuel to reach some short-term goals quickly, they will only lead you to bad places in the long run. Mistakes and bad times happen in any long-term project, you just need to accept that and move on. You can do it and, in fact, you're already doing it. That feeling is the fuel you need to actually accomplish things.

Incidentally, I've just had what I like to call a "carbs-only weekend". Whoops.
    Thanks for the pep talk guys. It's just that I swore I'd never be over 250lb or a 40in waist and I looked up last year and realized I'd done BOTH of those things. It's been almost a year and I keep falling off the wagon. I'm still only down 30lbs. Still above 250. Still a 42 waist.

It's just..... GAHHH! Why did I let myself get this bad. It's the magic non-disgusting number you know? I wonder if this is how eating disorders start?

Glassmouse: I definitely get it. Three weeks without doing a daily binge is definitely something to be exceedingly proud of. It's good to realize you're in a good mental place.

Cozzer: Just overcorrect and stop having carbs ever!
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

7. - Top - End - #247

Cozzer: Just overcorrect and stop having carbs ever!

How could have I not noticed this simple solution?!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

@Glass Mouse cutting out sugar made me feel way better too! To the point where I wonder why my family is so resistant..

@Sivarias Can you get your family to diet with you? What about a support group? From my experience watching others do what you aren't allowed to wears down your will.

Body is in full revolt now. First my back started having problems months ago, then my right knee a few weeks ago, noe my left ankle. I am 80lbs lighter and in far better shape then last year, why are these problems starting now?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    @Sivarias Can you get your family to diet with you? What about a support group? From my experience watching others do what you aren't allowed to wears down your will.

Body is in full revolt now. First my back started having problems months ago, then my right knee a few weeks ago, noe my left ankle. I am 80lbs lighter and in far better shape then last year, why are these problems starting now?
    My wife does. If either of us fall off the wagon it's usually away from each other.

Regarding soreness, your body had adjusted to a different set of extreme stresses under all that weight. Now that you aren't under those stresses, coping mechanisms are out of whack with your needs. It's why they don't recommend losing a lot (50+) lbs super fast. Lets your cartilage and ligaments adjust.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

@Glass Mouse cutting out sugar made me feel way better too! To the point where I wonder why my family is so resistant..
    I know right! It took, like, a week before my blood sugar stabilized and now my energy levels are just so consistent. I'm starting to feel regular, actual hunger rather than the energy nosedives that have usually signified time for food. In fact, the spells of pure exhaustion seem to have disappeared entirely. I also haven't had a spot of acne for three weeks.
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2018-02-20 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

30 reps is a pretty good milestone! Are you actually holding your core tight during sets or noticing that it wasn't tight when it collapses? There are a few things you can try to get pushups to be more. First is to increase your volume, especially in short order. Like instead of doing one set of 30, do like one set to failure, rest for a couple seconds, then a second set to failure, then a third. Basically for that your rest time should be the time it takes you to move back to the front leaning rest.

The other thing is to have some training sessions where you focus on doing as many pushups as quickly as possible, and then some training sessions where you really concentrate on the movement, slow it down so that each repetitions takes about four seconds to complete, pause both at the top and bottom of the movement. And then once you've mastered those two, you can add in a third style where you lower to the bottom of the movement and pushup as explosively as possible after pausing for a couple seconds. If you get it right you'll be able to do clapping pushups and that impresses people, especially if you can get two to three claps in.

The only other thing I'd try is pushup variations, like raise your legs (you won't be able to do as many this way) put them on a chair or something so they're elevated. Adjust your hand position, do some "Diamond" pushups where your hands are together and some wider pushups, just so that you can make sure that ALL of the muscles involved are improving and you can also highlight particular failure points more easily.
    Thanks for the suggestions! In the beginning I had actually problems with keeping my core stable during the movement. That improved over time, now my biggest problem is to not forget about my core during a longer set.
    I had to pause for a few days, because I strained something in my right shoulder and did not want to risk any bigger complications. Seems better now and I tried some of your suggestions. Number of repetitions fell drastically when doing several sets in a row, last was 31-6-5.
    Slow push-ups are fun, I like that feeling in my arms. Managed to get to 12 reps, coincidentally also the minimum for some firefighter fitness tests around here.

Diamond pushups are so far a compelte non-starter for me. I can lower myself for a few centimeters, but then my arms give up.

I know right! It took, like, a week before my blood sugar stabilized and now my energy levels are just so consistent. I'm starting to feel regular, actual hunger rather than the energy nosedives that have usually signified time for food. In fact, the spells of pure exhaustion seem to have disappeared entirely. I also haven't had a spot of acne for three weeks.
    This makes me wonder if I should try this at well. I am busy with a lot of writing at the moment and use cookies and stuff to keep up my motivation. I am however also unconcentrated and tired a lot of the time. Additionally I started tallying my expenses and noticed that I spend more money on sweets than on regular food.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    This makes me wonder if I should try this at well. I am busy with a lot of writing at the moment and use cookies and stuff to keep up my motivation. I am however also unconcentrated and tired a lot of the time. Additionally I started tallying my expenses and noticed that I spend more money on sweets than on regular food.
    I wholeheartedly recommend it. I think the biggest surprise for me has been how easy it became once I crossed the one-week mark. That's probably when the physical abstinense symptoms stopped? Maybe? I mean, I'm still occasionally tempted, and some days are still hard, but it's not that ever-present pressure on my mind the way it was in the first week.

Huh. Y'know, I'm just realizing I haven't had a bad headache since January, even despite heavy sleep deprivation last week. Now I wonder if that is also sugar related.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. Y'know, I'm just realizing I haven't had a bad headache since January, even despite heavy sleep deprivation last week. Now I wonder if that is also sugar related.
    Dehydration. It takes a lot of water to metabolize and process sugar and corn syrup and such.

More of the water your drinking is actually being processed by your body.

In other news, I work out better without my glasses on. Let's me tap into my primal rage and lizard hindbrain better to push through those last sets.

14. - Top - End - #254

Ok, this is probably the shallowest thing ever, but I was at a concert last Saturday and I was shirtless for most of it (I'm the undressing kind of drunk), and I was able to post the photos on social media without small pangs of shame.

Hey, everybody has their own ways to measure progress.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, this is probably the shallowest thing ever, but I was at a concert last Saturday and I was shirtless for most of it (I'm the undressing kind of drunk), and I was able to post the photos on social media without small pangs of shame.

That's the best way to measure progress. Once I get my Adonis belt (next year some time) I'll probably stop wearing shirts in public. Half the fun of putting the work is showing off the results.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Broke down and had to get some lifting straps for my deadlifts. My hands just aren't made to handle the volume of four heavy deadlift days, or at least that's what I figured out after having to spend a good chunk of time icing my hands on Monday. I also calculated that I deadlifted just under 50,000 lbs total last week, which is quite a bit, and probably more than my hands really ought to be able to handle in that time period. So I broke down and started using straps and now everything is moving more smooth. Had no problems with any of my sets on Wednesday, and I'm hopeful for today.

Also did an incline press earlier this week for the first time in a minute. It was pretty fun. I was able to get to right around 285 without problems, although since I wasn't doing full rests it's probable that if I could have had those I could have pushed a little more. I imagine that if I got myself back into the movement again, I'd be seeing something like 305 or thereabouts, which is pretty decent for incline bench.

I'm going to be getting a suit soon, which is going to be pretty interesting, since it's allowed for the comp, I'm going to have to get used to it. But it's kind of a nutty idea as far as deadlifting goes. Probably my first actual test of my equipped max is going to be in about two weeks, which is pretty exciting.

That's awesome! Dietary stuff is usually a lot harder than fitness stuff, and dietary stuff can really be a good way to build up the rest!

Well that depends on how much fast food you eat.

People don't like change, generally, especially that sort of thing.

Probably because you are walking more and stuff, and even if you're 80 lbs lighter it's still probably more poundage per week or what-not on your knees and ligaments than you were doing before. Like if you were 380 lbs or thereabouts before and you took 100 steps a day, and now you're 300 lbs and taking 10,000 steps that's still several orders of magnitude more poundage on your knees and joints than before. (That's just an approximation), but I would wager that's why.

Thanks for the suggestions! In the beginning I had actually problems with keeping my core stable during the movement. That improved over time, now my biggest problem is to not forget about my core during a longer set.
    I had to pause for a few days, because I strained something in my right shoulder and did not want to risk any bigger complications. Seems better now and I tried some of your suggestions. Number of repetitions fell drastically when doing several sets in a row, last was 31-6-5.
    Slow push-ups are fun, I like that feeling in my arms. Managed to get to 12 reps, coincidentally also the minimum for some firefighter fitness tests around here.
    That kind of drop is what you'd expect, to be fair. But at least you're doing 42 pushups in a set (or a rough set) rather than 31, so you'll get a lot more mileage out of that.

Diamond pushups are so far a compelte non-starter for me. I can lower myself for a few centimeters, but then my arms give up.
    It takes a minute to get those ready, they're involving a lot of different muscle groups.

Well if your goals are appearance related, then appearance is the best way to measure those goals.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wholeheartedly recommend it. I think the biggest surprise for me has been how easy it became once I crossed the one-week mark. That's probably when the physical abstinense symptoms stopped? Maybe? I mean, I'm still occasionally tempted, and some days are still hard, but it's not that ever-present pressure on my mind the way it was in the first week.

So, I started on Friday, had The Last Cookie at 1312. First 24 hours were pretty easy while feeling ascetic as ****. Suturday was unremarkable, Sunday was harder. I cheated a bit when I had some cake while visiting my parents for coffee and a cookie that was specifically baked for me. Since my goal is not to cut sugar completely from my diet but to stop the constant snacking of sweets, I think I'll handle such stuff case by case and see if it keeps the cravings alive.
    Today was harder. Skipping dessert was easily done but now even a picture of nutella covered toast makes me drool.

On the sports side, I went for some bouldering with my sister. A lot of fun but my weak fingers held me back.
    New best for pushups is 35-7-3, slightly wider stance.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2018-02-26 at 11:57 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Went on a hike Saturday, 1000 ft. Up a narrow, snow covered ravine in the hail and then back down, it was quite the experience.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello all, looking for help here.

I hate exercising but I realized that working on the computer and spending my entire free time on the computer is running my back.

Any tips for exercises that will help me not look like that Victor Hugo iconic character?

Thanks.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post

I hate exercising but I realized that working on the computer and spending my entire free time on the computer is running my back.

Any tips for exercises that will help me not look like that Victor Hugo iconic character?

Thanks.
    Yoga and stretching are good, making yourself sit up straight with proper lumbar support is good, standing desk or trying to minimize sitting. Walk more.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks.
    Check r/fitness' they have a good stretch workout session in the sidebar specifically for posture.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks.
    As someone with similar habits, I sympathise. A few good basic low-impact options are walking, cycling & swimming, although you may find cycling puts other strains on your back. If you can get into some green space for an hour or so and walk, it can do wonders, not just for your back, but general mood too. If you can, drag a friend out with you.

While they are not needed, you can look at getting a walking pole (or pair). I have rheumatoid arthritis, and when it is flaring up and my ankels are stiff, or I've just strained a muscle or something, it can make a real difference. Also helps you go further & work more muscle groups.
    Last edited by caden_varn; 2018-02-27 at 11:07 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by caden_varn View Post
    As someone with similar habits, I sympathise. A few good basic low-impact options are walking, cycling & swimming, although you may find cycling puts other strains on your back. If you can get into some green space for an hour or so and walk, it can do wonders, not just for your back, but general mood too. If you can, drag a friend out with you.

While they are not needed, you can look at getting a walking pole (or pair). I have rheumatoid arthritis, and when it is flaring up and my ankels are stiff, or I've just strained a muscle or something, it can make a real difference. Also helps you go further & work more muscle groups.
    I second trekking poles. They are amazing at helping with pressure and balance, I haven't fallen on a hike since I got mine and I have been hiking in mud and snow all winter.

Aside: I hit 335 today. This is the weight I was at when I started grad school, and lower then when I was 23-24.

24. - Top - End - #264

Keep at it, everybody. As hard as it might be, in the end it's worth it.

(I have nothing in particular to say, just wanted to send some generic encouragement)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

You have to get rid of the "I hate Exercising" mentality first, else no tips will be of help. Even the easiest tips will have you do some thing and do it regularly, you've "just" got to A) develop the patience to wait for results and B) the discipline to keep doing them when you're actually feel better, else you're getting into some kind of yoyo effect.

Doing computer work is not good for your back, spine, discs and the ligaments in between and you have a high chance of developing "disc problems" (which will lead to nerve problems due to misaligned discs) before actually developing a hunchback.

Before you try anything more complicated, grab Youtube and search for some easy to execute exercises to "unscrew" your spine. There's a bunch and they're nowhere as involved as yoga (like getting down on your hands and knees and slowly making a "cat buckle" and the inverse for maybe 10 times, or just standing straight and moving your pelvis to affect your spine - works great if you're a smoker)

That's just a necessary preamble before going into the topic of back, shoulder and neck musculature. A well-developed musculature can support a damaged spine, a healthy spine doesn't need that much support and work in the first place.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Friday was my last day of multiple deadlift days per week. It's definitely taken a serious toll on my body, we'll find out next week if it actually helped improve that much. But there's definitely some mental fortitude and stuff that I've gained at the least. Deadlift PR is scheduled for Friday so I'll let you guys know how that actually goes. It'll be the first time using any equipment in a while, so hopefully there's some definite increase.

Other than that, starting event specific training for May, so a focus on more squatting and farmer's walk and deadlifts (although that's always a focus). I may also do a truck pull or what-not at some point, there's a few comps that arm over arm truck pulls and I'd like to get at least a little bit of practice with that, also I want to pull a truck, so there's that.

On the sports side, I went for some bouldering with my sister. A lot of fun but my weak fingers held me back.
    New best for pushups is 35-7-3, slightly wider stance.
    Awesome!

Yeah, the thing that sucks about grip strength is that the only way to get better at it is by doing things that suck.

Went on a hike Saturday, 1000 ft. Up a narrow, snow covered ravine in the hail and then back down, it was quite the experience.
    Awesome! If you just brought a toboggan you'd have an easier time back down.

Thanks.
    Well, that's usually caused by your back being underdeveloped compared to your chest and abdominal muscles. Basically your back isn't able to hold itself in place the way it should be. It's very hard to combat long periods of inactivity. I would try timing some getting up and stretching, like every hour, or something like that.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, Friday was my last day of multiple deadlift days per week. It's definitely taken a serious toll on my body, we'll find out next week if it actually helped improve that much. But there's definitely some mental fortitude and stuff that I've gained at the least. Deadlift PR is scheduled for Friday so I'll let you guys know how that actually goes. It'll be the first time using any equipment in a while, so hopefully there's some definite increase.

Other than that, starting event specific training for May, so a focus on more squatting and farmer's walk and deadlifts (although that's always a focus). I may also do a truck pull or what-not at some point, there's a few comps that arm over arm truck pulls and I'd like to get at least a little bit of practice with that, also I want to pull a truck, so there's that.

Awesome! If you just brought a toboggan you'd have an easier time back down.
    Good luck! Hoping for the best for you!

No such luck, the whole thing was along a steep drop and was made of switchbacks. We did joke about adding rails to it and sledding down during the hike though.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

GUYS I DID IT!!

I FREAKING DID IT!!

I'M BELOW 250!!

Once a month I go get an InBody done. It measures body fat percentage, super accurate weight measurement. All that stuff. ANYWAY, my scale at home still says I'm 252, but I'll trust InBody's more anyway. Turns out I was holding out a significant amount of weight in my bowel area. So once I started pooping regurlarly again, my weight dropped fast. It's simultaneously gross, fascinating, and makes me super excited.

I'm FINALLY past that same plateu I always hit. I'm halfway to my goal! I can do this! I'm almost but not quite dancing for joy right now guys, not even gonna lie.

The slightly sad news, is that it's official I won't see a miracle. My skeletal muscle mass has been consistent through these last few months or so. It seems I won't be able to magically build any significant muscle mass while I'm losing the gross nasty fat. But that does mean that I can set weight goals since I'm staying pretty static with muscle mass (it fluctuates half a pound or so from month to month). So I just need to convert my BF% goals to lbs. No big deal.

I FREAKING DID IT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Ok. I'm done. Maybe.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

GUYS I DID IT!!

I FREAKING DID IT!!

I'M BELOW 250!!

Once a month I go get an InBody done. It measures body fat percentage, super accurate weight measurement. All that stuff. ANYWAY, my scale at home still says I'm 252, but I'll trust InBody's more anyway. Turns out I was holding out a significant amount of weight in my bowel area. So once I started pooping regurlarly again, my weight dropped fast. It's simultaneously gross, fascinating, and makes me super excited.

I'm FINALLY past that same plateu I always hit. I'm halfway to my goal! I can do this! I'm almost but not quite dancing for joy right now guys, not even gonna lie.

The slightly sad news, is that it's official I won't see a miracle. My skeletal muscle mass has been consistent through these last few months or so. It seems I won't be able to magically build any significant muscle mass while I'm losing the gross nasty fat. But that does mean that I can set weight goals since I'm staying pretty static with muscle mass (it fluctuates half a pound or so from month to month). So I just need to convert my BF% goals to lbs. No big deal.

I FREAKING DID IT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Ok. I'm done. Maybe.
    Congrats! Glad to hear the hard work is paying off!

Hoping you meet your benchmarks until the end of the journey :D

30. - Top - End - #270

GUYS I DID IT!!

I FREAKING DID IT!!

I'M BELOW 250!!
    That's great! I'm honestly really happy for you right now.

On my end of things, I've just completed my hardest 30-day training program yet! Today I start the next one, which will give me a few days of breath since they're designed to become gradually harder (so the first day of a new program are nothing compared to the last days of the previous one). It should be more or less as hard as the others, but a bit less focused on cardio and more on strength. Let's see how this goes!