New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default How to drop my AC?

In Pathfinder, I need ways to reduce my AC, preferably while still granting myself a benefit of some type. Such as charging, which increases attack bonus, but gives a penalty to AC. Anything that removes my offensive threat isn't a viable option (such as being helpless).

Why? Because I want the enemies to have good reason to attack me, as the character's "death" is inconsequential, so making me easy to hit... Well, really it's just something I don't need to worry about, if giving it up grants some additional power elsewhere. Kinda like how being undead makes it so you can give up constitution and boost your other points through the stratosphere.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: How to drop my AC?

3.5 has Shock Trooper feat. Pathfinder doesn't. Maybe you should switch over.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

3.5 also has the Ronin prestige class, which has what basically amounts to a crappy version of Shock Trooper.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by someonenoone11 View Post
    3.5 has Shock Trooper feat. Pathfinder doesn't. Maybe you should switch over.
    If we're talking 3.5e imports...

Robillar's Gambit comes to mind, another feat from 3.5e.

ToB has a few stances which reduce your AC, like Punishing Stance (which gives you bonus damage in trade).