New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Flash Season Four

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Well, I thought it was a significant improvement over the last two episodes...except for:

Spoiler: Dumb stuff
    Show
    Cecile gets non-Dark Matter Dark Matter mind reading? And wouldn't think to pick the details from Dr. Shrinker's mind that would allow her to easily prove the case against him and free Goldberg?

What would the speed have to be on that camera to catch Barry running when he makes it to China and back before the original camera finishes a pivot? Can anyone justify that image?

- M
    mimple math gives preety intresting number as barry needs to move around 12000 km distance (los angles to honkong) in less then second to dump goldie and run pack so he basicly needs to reach speed of light to do the journey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    mimple math gives preety intresting number as barry needs to move around 12000 km distance (los angles to honkong) in less then second to dump goldie and run pack so he basicly needs to reach speed of light to do the journey
    That's not the speed of light.

1.2*10^7 m/s (if done in a second) compared to 3*10^8. That's like 1/10 the speed of light.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Is there anything that says Barry can’t go the speed of light (or faster, or slower)? I think the last time it was measured his speed topped out at something like Mach 5 but I’m thinking very vague.

In regards to “dumb stuff” that doesn’t make sense, it seems to me that the episodes are just casually throwing sense to the wind. Barry gets in trouble doing stupid things that he doesn’t even normally do, then gets convicted putting up the most lazy stupid defense when he had so many ways for raising reasonable doubt (like showing he was uninjured, so how is his DNA all over DeVoe).

In the episode you describe Shrinker basically implies he was the killer in the same breath as refusing to admit it, and they had the whole theory together with evidence that Shrinker looked just like Barry’s friend. The conceit is that they needed a full-throated admission and nothing less would suffice (which I suppose as conceits go is pretty realistic, I don’t know the nuances of criminal law but I know its hard to overturn a conviction).

Then they keep pulling nonsense out, like tonight
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barry just walks right back to his cell, and apparently no one among the regular guards noticed he was ever gone.

Also, supposedly DeVoe was able to calculate all the possibilities of what Team Flash and everyone else did before to the nth degree months if not years in advance, but suddenly something unexpected happened. This supposedly has to do with his mind expanding to acquire more possibilities, but it just undermines everything that we were supposed to know about him, since was already supposed to be perfect. I’m wondering if they are just going to allow his supposedly perfect intellect evaporate or go to crazy town rather than give us an answer to the perfect intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I find myself a bit bored with The Flash of late. In fact, watching Lethal Weapon live and The Flash from DVR....

I liked the cross-over event. Even better than last years cross-over.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: dibny ex machina
    Show
    well we are finally out of prison arc thanks to village clowns new ability to mimic persons. thus we finally return to our schedule angst fest. but hey this weeks episode was good and i literally love when bad guys give pep talk to heroes.

and before forgetting super girl has some new episodes so we need its threat to be resurrected.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, what?!

Spoiler
    Show

He looks just like the person who was killed, so I guess the person can go free.
    No need to examine if he has the stab wounds
    Or check the morge
    Or confirm with his wife
    Or check his fingerprints
    Just accept him as a surprise witness, and case closed!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Wait, what?!

Spoiler
    Show

He looks just like the person who was killed, so I guess the person can go free.
    No need to examine if he has the stab wounds
    Or check the morge
    Or confirm with his wife
    Or check his fingerprints
    Just accept him as a surprise witness, and case closed!
    You think that was bad?

Spoiler: Morebad
    Show
    • The warden has a gun that shoots meta-nullifying-technology, and only uses it on Flash then stands there holding it the rest of the encounter;
    • So if anti-meta-tech is that easy...why hasn't Cisco made like a bijillion anti-meta weapons that they can use to take out any meta in any fight?
    • Master Leader Iris orders Ralph to flee Amunet's bar because he couldn't convince her to delay the meeting. Why not just...you know...capture her and lock her in the STAR labs anti-meta-technology cells?
    • On the above...he flees because he's in danger? From what, exactly? Nothing there can hurt him.
    • Oh, because we needed a contrived reason to get Caitlin to have to do the Junior Hulk thing to call her "alternate personality".

Come on, guys...please get some 12 or 13-year-olds to point out the flaws in your episodes before you film them. We need an Evil Overlords list for the Flash showrunners...

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

You think that was bad?

Show

• The warden has a gun that shoots meta-nullifying-technology, and only uses it on Flash then stands there holding it the rest of the encounter;
    • So if anti-meta-tech is that easy...why hasn't Cisco made like a bijillion anti-meta weapons that they can use to take out any meta in any fight?
    • Master Leader Iris orders Ralph to flee Amunet's bar because he couldn't convince her to delay the meeting. Why not just...you know...capture her and lock her in the STAR labs anti-meta-technology cells?
    • On the above...he flees because he's in danger? From what, exactly? Nothing there can hurt him.
    • Oh, because we needed a contrived reason to get Caitlin to have to do the Junior Hulk thing to call her "alternate personality".

Come on, guys...please get some 12 or 13-year-olds to point out the flaws in your episodes before you film them. We need an Evil Overlords list for the Flash showrunners...

- M
    you dont need 12- 13 year old kid to point them evil overlord handbooks says age five is just enough to act as stupidity detector.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Might as well add a few more:

Spoiler
    Show
    - With just two 9 volt batteries and a bottle of water, you can create an acid that can eat through steel for several cages plus a sewer entrance.

- Who takes pride in an extra secure prison by saying it does NOT contain any cameras?

- What the hell is the villains actual plan? Because saying "yes, it's exactly like I planned" after every event does not count as one.

But really, the scene in the courthouse still wins.
    After an entire episode of "Law and order - special mutant unit", and two episodes of him in jail, ending it all in one minute without even a tiny thought of the implications is just insulting.

You think that was bad?

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

After a trial which treats basic legal procedure as non-existent, during which the defense failed to present obvious arguments, in a season where neither police procedure and common sense is applied by the police chief to dealing with Barry...

Is it only now that people are complaining a judge lost basic sense (also isn't the judge for the "appeal" the same judge that convicted him?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Is comic book logic enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I thought DeVoe was rather apparent.

Spoiler
    Show
    He HAD a plan. There's unforseen side effects from the mind transfer that are accelerating, changing his personality and thought capacity.

He and his wife were partners, we had the narm speech from her to Barry about it, but their interactions were totally different. "Don't question me all according to plan techinecally I never said that."
    He was treating her as a lackey, not a partner. Emphasized by her noticing the change from "overarching plan to save humanity and willing to do bad things to achieve that" to "eh, I wanna kill a warden because I can." The shift from planning around changes to covering for them. The meta-roofie.

"Don't worry, after this I'll erase all doubts from your mind."

DeVoe is not the man he was. In absorbing someone's mind, their self, one cannot help but be changed by the experience.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

although some good things happened in last episode like amunets ticket possible dead is finally punched plus dibny might get a girlfriend and team gonna get new tech head to help them.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

although some good things happened in last episode...team gonna get new tech head to help them.
    Good, another person to aim the "I can do everything!" satellite, or rig a technobabble to stop a new meta...

Wait, no, that's not good. It will make Iris even more irrelevant to the team and to make the new girl shine she'll have to be better than Caitlin & Cisco & Wells all rolled up together.

- M

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: new episode s4e14
    Show
    love in the air and devoe has date with death so kinda common episode for the series

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Ralph is really starting to grow on me.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    well dibny has the perfect plot for his arc as know he is hell bent on saving his girlfriend which gives us kinda perfect excuse to fix his character.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

well dibny has the perfect plot for his arc as know he is hell bent on saving his girlfriend which gives us kinda perfect excuse to fix his character.
    Best Ralph we've seen so far.

Could have done without the "Don't push her so hard" garbage. Especially considering prior to this girl they were 2-for-8 on the saving. Not the time for taking it easy. Also...the crazy kidnapper vibe in the first meeting? Yeah, maybe they need to think their "you life is at risk" reveals through a bit before just showing up without costumes.

Spoiler: Help clear this up for me
    Show
    Which of the 6 power sets Davoe absorbed allowed him to blast Vibe during the vision? Sure, the telepathy could turn into a mind blast, but what allowed him to see Vibe...and what generated the physical force that flung him across the lab?

- M

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Question about their basic plan:
    The want to use the Flash persona to prove that Barry didn't murder Devoe.
    But won't that also prove at the same time that he lied to the court? Won't that complicate things for Ralph as well?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

new episode folks we finaly hit the speed limit during idiot time as wells finaly does the smart thing and offers to destroy the speed force to stop a nuke and saves the day again so next episode is fixi,ng devo to save the lovers.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty good episode.

I know that if I try I can probably find a million plot holes in what happened, but for the first time in many many episodes it feels like they did something original, so I just don't feel like trying to find flaws.

Just one question though: If they took the thing out of the speed force, doesn't that mean it will try to suck flash back there again?
    Last edited by random11; 2018-03-07 at 02:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Pretty good episode.

I know that if I try I can probably find a million plot holes in what happened, but for the first time in many many episodes it feels like they did something original, so I just don't feel like trying to find flaws.

Just one question though: If they took the thing out of the speed force, doesn't that mean it will try to suck flash back there again?
    maybe as far as I know speed force is kinda like force from star wars as long as it need to be yoda its gonna be yoda. I think point speed force want to tell is kinda barry understand in earlier season all answers are with him he just needed to learn it by him self as whole flash time gives good idea why he needs to thrust his instincts rather then asking wells or jay to answer for him. as he is the yocto seconds worth of time to think and theorize the way he needs then run to handle the stuff. the whole need to stay in speed force point is kinda like you need to meditate in specific location to learn that power in star wars.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

new episode breachers final day at work.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

new episode breachers final day at work.
    I found it odd that he could still breach just fine, but couldn't blast. I just would have assumed that poking holes through realities would be harder than making some pitiful blasts that can at worst hurt a bit.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

I found it odd that he could still breach just fine, but couldn't blast. I just would have assumed that poking holes through realities would be harder than making some pitiful blasts that can at worst hurt a bit.
    I think its bit of psychological as he is going non stop for at least couple centuries or a thousand year thus for the first time he is out of gas to burn and his fumes only can get him to retirement zone. plus this whole seasons main reason is deVoe needs more energy like breacher and he is trying to find it. so on the next couple episodes barry and gang needs to find a formula to supply enough energy to breacher or devoe to beat them by solving the problem. If you ask me deVoes big plan is making flash powerful enough then use the chair one last time to get the infinite energy body. but if breachers problem solved aka team find a way to supply enough energy to let him return to duty then they can lock devoe and slap him the celebral inhibitor to stop him.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

They touched on Plastic Man (He'll always be Plastic Man to me, ) being spontaneous a little bit, but I wonder if they'll go full into it. When will they question why Deveo has not come after him after all this time? There were times Devoe and Plastic Man were together yet Devoe never tried to absorb his powers. Devoe thinks. Plastic Man acts. Maybe Devoe can't predict him. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be on the bus.

To defeat Devoe Flash and the gang have to stop planning and trying to out think him and do things spontaneously. Be unpredictable. It's not enough to do the opposite of what they would normally do, because that's also predictable. Don't think. Act.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Plastic Man
    Show

Adric

Pex

Cedric Diggory

Now Ralph Dibny

Last edited by Pex; 2018-04-17 at 08:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

I did not see that coming, and I hope it sticks. Well played, writers.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

I did not see that coming, and I hope it sticks. Well played, writers.
    well i see it way back i the middle of season. but it makes must save the bus metas and return them to their own bodies becomes the final goal of season.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The no killing thing is so dumb... It makes sense in comics because of the comic code and the need to have reoccurring villains but in anything trying to be even remotely realistic it makes no sense. Every police force and law code I'm familiar with in the world as well as most rules of engagement considers killing to defend your life or the life of others to be a last but acceptable resort, I don't get why being able to stretch changes that. Hell they live in a crime ridden city, I wouldn't be surprised if Joe has put a few people in the ground and he's consistently the moral center of the team, plus their friends the Legends have a body count in the hundreds.

Also I forget, are they still running their little mom-and-pop metahuman gulag? Because that is arguably worse then killing anyway since they have yet to mention attempts to depower their prisoners or anything like that. If the choice is between life without parole in a 20 square foot box and death I know which one I'm picking.

Finally, looks like we found out how they're getting rid of that incarnation of Wells... too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.