New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flash Season Four

Oh look, they lose again.

Presuming they finally defeat Devoe and fix the world in the finale, um, yay? It won't feel victorious. There's only so much depressing I can take. I stopped watching The Walking Dead for the same reason. We get it already. The villain is a BIG BAD EVIL GUY. Enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Just curious about the article publishing plot line.

Just a few episodes ago, Barry was in jail and they had zero evidences against Devoe.

What new evidence was gathered since then?
    What did the article contain besides empty accusations?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post

Just a few episodes ago, Barry was in jail and they had zero evidences against Devoe.

Probably an exclusive interview with The Flash. He is an official recognized and honored Hero of the city. His word means something.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Probably an exclusive interview with The Flash. He is an official recognized and honored Hero of the city. His word means something.
    Considering Flash didn't know until the article was mostly done?

Even if he did know, it still wouldn't be much better than publishing accusations while using Einstein quotes.
    Then again, I can sort of see how that will work in today's world.

As long as she sees it as a means to an end and not as a journalistic piece she can take pride in...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Considering Flash didn't know until the article was mostly done?

Even if he did know, it still wouldn't be much better than publishing accusations while using Einstein quotes.
    Then again, I can sort of see how that will work in today's world.

As long as she sees it as a means to an end and not as a journalistic piece she can take pride in...

I thought basically this. We don't know what Iris could do to reveal DeVoe (and if she had such good evidence they could go back to the CCPD, although probably wouldn't after that mess).

I wouldn't complain about journalistic integrity. This is from the same universe where Superman is a journalist who write about superman, Lois Lane is married to the guy, and, more important in Arrow(multi-)verse terms, Kara and friends are doing exactly the same thing.

Then again, talking about journalistic integrity is like critiquing the criminal procedure (or lack thereof) at Barry's trial. Maybe Iris will end up with a pulitzer after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I guess that opening hall shot with DeVoe was meant to resemble a hall fight similar to Daredevil's, or Punisher's?

Except because DeVoe is totally invincible, there are no stakes, so it's more like Luke Cage's...Except without Wu Tang's Bring the Ruckus playing in the background.
    ...So, totally lame.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    I thought basically this. We don't know what Iris could do to reveal DeVoe (and if she had such good evidence they could go back to the CCPD, although probably wouldn't after that mess).

I wouldn't complain about journalistic integrity. This is from the same universe where Superman is a journalist who write about superman, Lois Lane is married to the guy, and, more important in Arrow(multi-)verse terms, Kara and friends are doing exactly the same thing.

Then again, talking about journalistic integrity is like critiquing the criminal procedure (or lack thereof) at Barry's trial. Maybe Iris will end up with a pulitzer after this.
    I learned to live with Superman writing about himself (although I think usually Luis wrote them), just as much as Spider-man selling his pictures to make a quick buck.
    But I think this is worse, especially in our days.

Think about it this way: An article with no real evidences was published in a blog, under a pseudo-name, causing many civilians to instantly believe, follow and potentially harass the target of the article.
    Do you know what this scenario reminds me of? Pizza-gate.
    Obviously, we as the viewers know it's the truth because we saw all the events as they happened from both the hero and the villain perspective.
    But for most people who decided to follow and report about Devoe, this was no more than a nameless blog reporting about a conspiracy theory and (mis)information flowing from social networks.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Think about it this way: An article with no real evidences was published in a blog, under a pseudo-name, causing many civilians to instantly believe, follow and potentially harass the target of the article.
    That's where I thought Barry was going when Iris also used the blog to target Marlize. Except Barry's defense was pretty terrible. And Iris' justification was that the ends justify the means, and the fact that she was stabbed by a katana by Marlize makes it a lot more personal.

But for most people who decided to follow and report about Devoe, this was no more than a nameless blog...
    It's not nameless. It has a proven track record writing about Central City, and specifically, The Flash. It's legit, even if it's not official.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-05-17 at 10:39 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    It's not nameless.
    It is written by 'Anonymous Central City Citizen' - not really a name I would trust for my news.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

To be fair people have been shot at for less IRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Finale
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Talk to your kids about Flashpoint, before they find out for themselves.
    Now with half the calories!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: finale
    Show
    well start of the next season is kinda ready as we have mystery girls reveal then main cross over material is also ready as the whole speed force cipher needs to be solved funnily ms. devoe exited stage perfectly and solved the core mistake of wells and that made him humbled enough to freak cisco to think the solution is broken.

I am gonna put second spoiler the current next season plots to be on the safefer side of the coin
    Spoiler: on next season
    Show

1. well the whole mystery girl plot
    2. wells's character development
    3. the whole wally and the time travel portion of the legends ( as he can move in time flash way besides timeship)
    4. the whole speed force script and the deciphering of it
    5. arrows own mess of plots starting with two new lazarus pits
    6. ray palmer and darks Daughter plot

so any thing i missed on plot side feel free to pop a respond to it and i update my list
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pleasantly surprised the cliffhanger was not Barry being exposed as The Flash. After destroying the satellite saving the city (with a little help) his face mask was torn apart and most of his face exposed. People were cheering and taking cell phone pictures/videos. I was expecting a news report or newspaper headline showing his exposed face. He would be recognized by the police force at least if not onlookers to his trial and word of his identity would spread. Nothing came of it. It's still possible to become an issue next season, but either way no problem with me.

Of course I'm happy Plastic Man is alive in the way I was hoping, but after all those defeats final victory doesn't feel special. Ralph being alive saves it for me. It wasn't a cameo to help Barry in Devoe's mind then die along with him. He's back in every way. It's also nice for once to end a season on a happy ending. The cliffhanger is fine even though I figured out who the mystery girl was weeks ago to myself, but still it's a happy ending. No one died. No one missing. No one kidnapped. No one in danger. If there was no next season (yay for having one) with no cliffhanger it would have made a nice show finale.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pleasantly surprised the cliffhanger was not Barry being exposed as The Flash. After destroying the satellite saving the city (with a little help) his face mask was torn apart and most of his face exposed. People were cheering and taking cell phone pictures/videos. I was expecting a news report or newspaper headline showing his exposed face. He would be recognized by the police force at least if not onlookers to his trial and word of his identity would spread. Nothing came of it. It's still possible to become an issue next season, but either way no problem with me.

Of course I'm happy Plastic Man is alive in the way I was hoping, but after all those defeats final victory doesn't feel special. Ralph being alive saves it for me. It wasn't a cameo to help Barry in Devoe's mind then die along with him. He's back in every way. It's also nice for once to end a season on a happy ending. The cliffhanger is fine even though I figured out who the mystery girl was weeks ago to myself, but still it's a happy ending. No one died. No one missing. No one kidnapped. No one in danger. If there was no next season (yay for having one) with no cliffhanger it would have made a nice show finale.
    Spoiler: respond
    Show
    his mask not that torn of to make big reveal only torn in mask is part of the mouth and eye connection thus untill he wants to reveal his identty is safe as regularly as possible
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Looked it up; Tom Cavanagh is not leaving the show. Proving, once again The Flash's casting strategy;

You can have characters leave the show as much as you want. But contracted actors are forever.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Looked it up; Tom Cavanagh is not leaving the show. Proving, once again The Flash's casting strategy;

You can have characters leave the show as much as you want. But contracted actors are forever.
    even he leaves the cast who you gonna intruduce in his place. proffesor stein is still out of commision, marlize says i dont want to be part of your team. hell why you plan a freaking expension character arc planed if the character is going to leave the show.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    even he leaves the cast who you gonna intruduce in his place. proffesor stein is still out of commision, marlize says i dont want to be part of your team. hell why you plan a freaking expension character arc planed if the character is going to leave the show.
    It has to do more with what I've said previously, about milking character exits for audience emotion. When, due to how multiverse theory works, they can just have another one, next season. The actor stays the same, because that's how contracts work. So they get to keep the same actor, with a new character. It's very clever casting. But it's also very lazy, once you see what they're doing.

Leonard Snart is dead? **** it. Multi-verse. We can do whatever we want.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

It has to do more with what I've said previously, about milking character exits for audience emotion. When, due to how multiverse theory works, they can just have another one, next season. The actor stays the same, because that's how contracts work. So they get to keep the same actor, with a new character. It's very clever casting. But it's also very lazy, once you see what they're doing.

Leonard Snart is dead? **** it. Multi-verse. We can do whatever we want.
    between infinite laurel lances of arrow and harry the angsty i prefer harry the angsty as constant character and they never used the infinite clones of wells as excuse in flash but in arrow we have all seasons except the first season focusing on the laurel lance the black canary from earth what ever having either same back ground as main counter part or forcefully redeemed to have same back ground. its became unbearable to watch her and felicity try to keep Oliver from archiving truest love for one season. as for Leonard snart dead its just excuse to make things little bit crazier since he was basicly the consciousness of the freaking crew and on the next season of legends i bet they piggy back to resurrect him via some arcane mumbo jumbo.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! Hartley Sawyer promoted to regular for season 5.