New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Need to have 21 Charisma and 17 Wisdom without templates.

OK. GM is letting me count as a half-demon without taking Half-Fiend, because the template is what he deems to be too strong. That's great for me. Saves an average of 2 levels not progressing class levels. But I still need 21 Charisma and 17 Wisdom on 25 point buy with a Catfolk (or Kitsune). I'll probably take Kitsune, because the wisdom penalty Catfolk give.

That's actually really quite difficult. At best I could put a 17 in Charisma and Wisdom, and a 9 in something else, and have used up all 25 points. And I still need 2 Charisma (6 levels by standard level up rate).

Are there any classes I could take that boost my charisma, or is it possible to qualify for stat-based things based on bonuses from items?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Need to have 21 Charisma and 17 Wisdom without templates.

Why in particular do you need such high ability scores?

Throwing most everything else down the drain, you can get a 17 in wis and 20 in charisma(post +2 racial mod to CHA) on a 25 pt by, but you will have to be high enough level to afford to make or buy a charisma headband, or at level 4 increase your charisma by 1 to 21.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geddy2112 View Post
    Why in particular do you need such high ability scores?

Throwing most everything else down the drain, you can get a 17 in wis and 20 in charisma(post +2 racial mod to CHA) on a 25 pt by, but you will have to be high enough level to afford to make or buy a charisma headband, or at level 4 increase your charisma by 1 to 21.
    Demonic Possession feat. So items can allow one to qualify for feats?
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2017-10-11 at 10:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

If I recall correctly, in pathfinder, items count as permanent bonuses (for example, headband of intellect gives you skill points after wearing it for 24 hours). By that logic, yes, you could qualify through an item.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feantar View Post
    If I recall correctly, in pathfinder, items count as permanent bonuses (for example, headband of intellect gives you skill points after wearing it for 24 hours). By that logic, yes, you could qualify through an item.
    OK. That's awesome. Then I could start taking Demonic Possession as early as level 5. I'd still like to know of earlier ways to do this.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2017-10-11 at 10:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Age categories? They exist in PF just the same as per here. You need mental stats so middle-age is a huge buff towards both. Even old is consideration-worthy if you're willing to use lower physicals.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Age categories? They exist in PF just the same as per here. You need mental stats so middle-age is a huge buff towards both. Even old is consideration-worthy if you're willing to use lower physicals.
    That definitely works. Especially since most of the character's career is intended to be inside someone else's body. I can't believe I forgot about that. Perhaps because I always kinda see it as a min-maxy type of deal and write it off as not actually usable. But in this case, I'd probably use it if I can. Any other methods?
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2017-10-11 at 10:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    That definitely works. Especially since most of the character's career is intended to be inside someone else's body. I can't believe I forgot about that. Perhaps because I always kinda see it as a min-maxy type of deal and write it off as not actually usable. But in this case, I'd probably use it if I can. Any other methods?
    Hm, well, a Scroll of Planar Binding could get you a Succubus whose Profane Gift would enable you to push your Cha too. Or any way to access it really works. Candle of Invocation or whatever but that's bonkers. All I can think of off the top of my head; there are no stat boosting feats or classes for Cha so it comes down to point buy, racials and items, and items are mostly out of the realm of possibility due to cost outside cheesing them.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

And spells---extract gift is duration:permanent while Nixie's grace is a persistable spell granting a +8 enhancement.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Hm, well, a Scroll of Planar Binding could get you a Succubus whose Profane Gift would enable you to push your Cha too. Or any way to access it really works. Candle of Invocation or whatever but that's bonkers. All I can think of off the top of my head; there are no stat boosting feats or classes for Cha so it comes down to point buy, racials and items, and items are mostly out of the realm of possibility due to cost outside cheesing them.
    Considering the demonic origins of the character, I'd see that as quite appropriate. I'll talk to the DM to see what I can do about it.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have backwards compatibility with 3.5, you could consider Vow of Poverty. I have no idea how that interfaces with your planned half-demon though.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.