New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Mythical Quests and Worlds Uncharted! (Ic B)

Fitzgerald recognizes the two guards. He had seen them in Alrin.
    Greetings! How are you doing?
    Don't know if you remember me, my name's Fitzgerald van der Kerkhof. We met at Alrin.
    he said friendly and nodded over.
    Seracull is inside, isn't he?
    I really have to talk to him. So please let me in, or tell him, that I have to talk. We can do this outside also. Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

I remember you. he motions for you to wait. I’ll go get Seracull. Wait a few moments. shortly he returns with a dusty Seracull and four guards. Two of which had the same color skin as Seracull.

Greetings Fitzgerald. What do I owe the pleasure for seeing you again? He says. As he walks over to a table filled with ancient books with texts on them picking up on and looking at it.
    Spoiler: Dice codes
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Greetings Seracull! How are you doing? Fitzgerald had so many questions to ask but seeing Seracull with his nose in the books the very next second after his greeting made Fitzgerald a bit angry. But I know how to get him... he thought.

Fitzgerald grabbed into his backpack, took the book with the dark pages and threw it onto Seraculls desk. May I have your attention, please?

4. - Top - End - #244

Slightly startled he looked up. Sorry was just looking for a key...he stopped looking down at the book your threw on the table picking it up he opened the first page with a smile. Then stops. Sorry you were saying? Seracull trying hard not to get back into his research. Clearly it was hard for him. Knowledge meant a lot to him.
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

what do you know? he pointed at the book.

6. - Top - End - #246

He picked up the book and starting reading. so far it’s mentioning a place called Eolvirs used to contain a shadow lord Zaivven Of Ekrarx . Oooh whats this Ekrarx is a deeper plain inside the plan of shadows. Interesting... he says getting quite reading pages that you were unable to read. A few more minutes after he stopped looking up to you. What did you do Fitzgerald? It says this book was sealed with Zaivven. How did you come to have it?
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

aaaah... you know, this is a strange story. Where to start... hmm... so. I joined the Valerians to help them defend their borders against Ratascan invaders. We located a group of them near a cave. So we rushed in, ready to fight.
    But all we found were corpses. Except of one. He was talking like possesed. Then one of my companios, Sigurd - may Kelemvor watch for his soul, destroyed the black stone where we thought this demon-shadow-thing gains its power from.
    he had to swallow deep.

But we were proven wrong. So much wrong. Sigurd died instantly. The other Valerian, Roland, got hit by the some dark force. And then it took me. I was gathered by the shadow, got choked and then it was dark.

Fitzgerald had to drink something. Then he continoued And then I woke up. The creeping cold in this cave was gone and I felt strange. I looked at my hands and they blurred. I searched the rest from this cave for a hint, what was going on. And I found this book. Also a ring, an amulet and this stone. he took them out of his backpack and showed them Seracull.

Finally I found out that Zaivven lives inside of me now. And because you are a wise man who knows about this stuff, I'm here to beg you for your help. Please Seracull, help me! I'm afraid!
    Spoiler: EDIT OOC
    Show
    there are at least 1639 grammar and spelling failures inside. Sorry for that. I hope you understand it :/
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2017-11-17 at 02:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Buddy pads into the room, his tongue lolling. Sammy waits outside the door to see what the men do. He keeps watch along the corridor, wary of new sounds.

Spoiler: checks
    Show
    Hide (1d20+12)[15]
    Listen (1d20+4)[13]
    Spot (1d20+6)[13]
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

9. - Top - End - #249

Seracull listens to your tale keenly. When you set the objects on the table he casts a quick spell on each. These are some powerful and rare objects. The stone is a very strong type of metal. Obdurium if I remember correctly. The ring is a interesting find. Can negate any fire directed within 5 feet of it. The necklace if placed on a recently dead body consumes them and transforms there body into another random creature bringing them back to life...Fitzgerald I might be able to help you. In the book we might not be able to reseal him again but we can at least draw him out of your body. We will need something to put his form into.. Seracull says puzzled. Reading further into the book. We can return him to the plane of shadows also. It seems like it would put his grip off this world for a few years. Which one would you like to try first Fitzgerald?

He opens another book he had on the table putting the book you gave him next to the the other reading and comparing both to each other.
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fitzgerald asked confused Where's the difference between seal him and put his form into something? Isn't it one and the same?

Fitzgerald kneeled down to the dog and whispered Go and tell Smithers everythings fine. He can come if he wants to.

11. - Top - End - #251

No sadly. I can only remove his form from your body. I cannot hold him trapped. If I remove him from you he can do what he wills. But if we send him back to Ekrarx we can slow him down a few years. If we move him into an object he will probably be weaker though for the future. It’s a tough call. Seracull says. Haven’t trying anything like this before.
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

And if we move him into a stone or ring or sword and bury it deep deep down, the problem is solved, isn't it? his young mind couldn't imagine why this isn't the easiest solution.

Another thing Seracull:
    When I woke up in this cave my sword was gone. Could this have something to do with it?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Sammy hears since he was listening closely for trouble; he steps out of the shadows. He looks up at the men before Fitzgerald and says "Oi'm workin' with Fitzgerald 'ere, and Oi jus' wanna let you know Oi don' trust ya. But so long as we 'ave places ta go an' things ta do, we can gettalong. Now tha whole banishing thing don' do well; gives tha thing control. But 'ows this...this transferrin' work? do we get an ally? Does its spirit become angry? Whas tha deal?"

more

14. - Top - End - #254

He is a creature of shadow if we bury him he will recover his strength and leave the ground himself we can try that if you like though might hold him off for awhile also. Seracull looking at the newcomer without a trance of surprise says From what I read the best we can do is stop him for awhile to prolong his escape. I don’t think he would be willing to serve anyone. If we return him to his own plain where he came from it will take him some time to reconstruct his power to open a portal back to our realm.

As for your sword it says the Ekrarx uses there shadows and forge blades out of them. Have you tried calling out your sword? I’m not sure it can work but it’s worth a try. It seems like an interesting topic I would like to research more.
    Flipping through some more pages of the book It says a lot of mages were used to seal Zaivven but that was at his full power. I’m sure he weakened somewhat so we have a chance to bind him somewhere. But their is a lot of variables to this. I’m eager to hear your input on this matter. Seracull asks both of you.
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey Smithers! Good! You've heard everything, I guess? he said after his fellow entered.

Because I have Zaivven inside of me, it's up to me to decide, right. Aaaw... Fitzgerald laid his head askew. It was a big burden for him.
    Then let's sent this shadow back to where it came from! I guess it will be angry and come after us. But, like you'd said Seracull, we have time untill it shows up anew, right?

His next words he directed to Smithers and he tried to sound brave Let us form an alliance, let's get stronger, let's make a plan to defeat Zaivven when he returns. That's what adventurers do, right? Fight the evil!

And then to Seracull What do you need for the banishing?

16. - Top - End - #256

Thinking about it Hand me some chalk and salt. he says simply. Anyone have some? We only packed rations and ink and quills. Seracull says kinda embarrassed.

We probably will have 3 years or so until he manages to reopen his gate. Hope that will be enough time. Seracull says with a smile clearly not troubled
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hmm... I haven't it either.
    Smithers, you?

Fitzgerald thought of how to summon a sword if he doesn't know what the command word was. So felt a bit silly but tried the first things which came to his mind. He stood asaide, both hands open and ready to grab his sword.
    sword appear

Fatal touch
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    the name of Kelemvors sword

By the power of grayskull

Sword in hand

Shadowblade

Show
    if one of them is the fitting command word, feel free to change the running order. By the power of grayskull would be cool

18. - Top - End - #258

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    lol that’s funny. Fitzgerald just needs to make a dc 10 concentration check to make a shadow greatsword. You don’t need words but up to you :)
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That wasn't the right word.
    What else could it be?
    he thought. He laid his head in his hand and concentrated on his sword and the right parole

Show
    because it would be metagaming to just take 10, here's the roll.

(1d20+2)[17]

Edit: yes! The first time I made a check I guess lol

Edit2: a shadow greatsword? No bastard sword / katana?
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2017-11-17 at 05:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Fliggl View Post
    That wasn't the right word.
    What else could it be?
    he thought. He laid his head in his hand and concentrated on his sword and the right parole

Show
    because it would be metagaming to just take 10, here's the roll.

[roll0]

Edit: yes! The first time I made a check I guess lol

Edit2: a shadow greatsword? No bastard sword / katana?
    Show
    oops my bad lol I meant bastard sword.

A shadowy version of your bastard sword appeared in your hands Seracull smiled and wrote some notes down How did you do that Fitzgerald? He asked eagerly
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Sammy thinks on this for a good minute, insisting to them that he needs a moment.

"Roigh, Oi don' know much abou' this shadow mumbo business, but Oi do know sommat 'a workin with spirits. Far as Oi can see, ya banish it an' it returns gods know where an' its maybe stronger, maybe not. Issa hige risk, ya see? Now we boind it, say, an keep it locked up, tha's bad but not AS bad as avin it roam free. Eventually ya'll need ta kill it annyways, bu' tha' means it well ave tha' much less toime ta gain powah.

Onna tha stories oi 'eard as a lad goes loike this:

' in a Faraway land known to many as Sanctuary an andgry an' Powerful demon known as the Lord of Hatred was bound inna stone kept in a human and was buried deep within tha confines of a church. It still managed over many many centuries to corrupt and subvert the souls and thoughts of its captors, for it was indeed a might Lord 'a Sin. Over toime the church wos subverted and the world fell into darkness as greater forces 'a demons enveloped it. Eventually, Heroes did roise amidst the world and vanqujshed the Lord but they also lost much of their power. Tha Lord tried again and again ta escape back into tha world but each toime they were slain their power waned. For many centuries the beings of man in the world of sanctuary were at peace but the Lord of hatred once did na return; Tha men thought theyed triumphed an when it finally returned, it came with even greater power, crushed tha now- lazy humans and brought the world ta its ruinous end.'

So tha pointa tha' story is ta finda balance; not too much toime 'ere, na too much toime in tha place'a origin unless ya foimd a way to keep it away.

There's a buncha druids Oi know called...well doesn' matter really, but they knowa this way an' if ya prove yourselves ta me, maybe we can meet olla them an' they can ahow you their ways, eh?
    "

more

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

After this story, Sammy gives a twist of his mouth and provides them with chalk from a small pouch. He rummages into Buddy's pack, takes a fine cloth, and measures a handful of salt into the cloth and bunches up the cloth.

"Now this chalk is dirt cheap, but tha salt is expensive; its for preservin' meat ya see, and downroight expensive. What'll ya give me for tha salt?"

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+6)[26] (critical success!) salt isn't as expensive as he makes it seem, but it IS hard to find. Motive wise, Sammy is trying to hide the fact that he wants to see if these men are willing to give a favourable exchange on faith.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2017-11-17 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Spelling and roll comment!!

more

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

To be honest I don't know!
    I tried to summon it somehow and after it doesn't work, I was concentrating on my sword and the right word. And all of a sudden it appeared...

He was confused but happy that he had it back. After a few swings he showed it to Seracull and said Do you want to inspect this also? It feels a bit different.

He handed him his sword, took the amulet and put it back into his backpack. His ring he put on his left pointing finger.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Into Fitzgerald's mind, Sammy thinks, Just play along, Fitz...

more

25. - Top - End - #265

The blade disappears as soon as you hand it to Seracull who frowns. Seems if your not holding it. It loses its sharp. (if you try you can resummon the Blade. To Sammy’s offer about the salt. Seracull shrugs and hands Smithers a handful of gold from a pouch. (30g) taking the salt and chalk he goes into the temple drawing a large circle. Then rereading the book makes a few more lines with the chalk. This goes on for almost half an hour when he was finished it was a complex design filled with ruins and lines on the inside. A very impressive circle with Seraculls steady hand. He adds the salt around the border of the circle then one more small circle on the center.

Fitzgerald you have to sit in the middle if you will. Seracull says. Your body feels very cold stepping inside and you feel pain welling up from the inside of your chest. A shatter happens and your surround in shadows.

Foolisssh mortals. Do you understand what your doing? Stop this nonsense now before I kill all of you. Zaivven said his Large shadow filling the room. A shadowy body standing 25 feet tall appears. You can’t see his facial features at all. He is a giant black void of a man. A cold chill goes down everyone’s back. Fitzgerald remember this chill. The first time he encountered Zaivven.

Seracull dumbfounded looks at Zaivven his mouth unable to make words. Zaivven reached out to grab Seracull but a wall of light touches his hand from the outer circle burning him.

Release me mortals and I will grant you power and riches. Zaivven said his red eyes piercing gaze sweeps over you.

Show
    So there are three layers in the circle. The outer layer stops anything from escaping. As Fitzgerald walked into the second layer the one between the outside and the middle it separated Zaivven from Fitzgerald. As Fitzgerald entered the middle it protects him just like the people outside the first line. Trapping Fitzgerald in the center and Zaivven between the two circles.

There circles inside circles though. If that makes sense.

What do you guys do?
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Sammy does not budge; however, he shifts Essentia into his Blink Shirt, just in case. He first and deliberately inserts his mind into the men around him, instructing them to trust him and be silent unless they need to talk.

Since it can hear and talk, Sammy prepares an invective for the shadow being he's been working ever since he'd heard of Fitzgerald's plight.
    "Now listen 'ere you miserable scrap of detached Darkness; if you could have killed us you would 'ave done so already and 'ave been better off for it. Seeing as you would prefer to 'ave control..minions of your own, well Oi would rather risk death then give ya any semblance a satisfaction. You absolute rubbish, shadowy turd! You are nothin' short of an insignificant spirit an' you have absolu'ly no business 'ere so why don' you bugger off and leave us alone?"
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2017-11-23 at 01:32 PM.

more

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Fitzgerald sat absolutely still. One the one hand it was the creeping cold that freezed him on the other he was too afraid to move. He remembered every second in the cave and how easy it was for Zaivven to kill Sigurd.

He commanded himself to breath even and be quiet. He started his meditation not to be overwhelmed by Zaivvens manifestation.

28. - Top - End - #268

Zaivven attacked the barriers. His shadow form growing slightly smaller. You hear a slight crack. The barrier where cracking!

I will kill you all you foolish mortals! he roared as he started attacking with a new vigor his chill growing stronger. Seracull shook off his fear to open the book and sat down making Hand signs. Each sign lit up a rune inside the circle. Mortal stop your foolishness! He shouted at Seracull. As another rune lit up.

Zaivven I will see you soon. But now is the time for you to depart. Good day. Seracull said smiling. Made another gesture and the fifth and final rune lit up. Zaivven roared in anger. He attacked the barrier once more. Runes appearing on his body before he could attack. Chains of pure light bound him. His form shrank down to 10ft. His power draining. The inner circle filled with light as Zaivven disappears into a shadowy void.

Seracull sweating said. That’s wasn’t so bad haha He tried standing but was to weak. One of his guards helped him onto a chair by his desk. Fitzgerald it should be safe for you to come out now. Seracull said beforehe laid his head down on the table. Trying t9 recover some of his energy.

(What do you guys do?)
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The light flooded Fitzgerald, washing away the cold. He felt save.

Then the shadow and the light left. Everything in the room was like before.
    Then he heard Seracull and gave it a try. Carefully he made the first step.

When Zaivven is gone, can I still summon my sword? he thought.

Show
    concentration (1d20+1)[17]

30. - Top - End - #270

You’re sword appears. In a light blue instead of a shadow.
    Show

[roll]1d100[/roll]
    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    [roll]1d12[/roll]
    [roll]1d10[/roll]
    [roll]1d8[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    [roll]1d2[/roll]