Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 373
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    I'm afraid that there isn't that I've been able to tell. Spells, items, and stat blocks assume that the main mode of movement is Base Land Speed. You can clarify this by adding a bit of text that says "(or highest move speed)" or something, or you could just as easily make it similar to what I posted earlier. DnD is just a very fun system to work in, right?
    Changed base speed to highest natural speed in all cases... hope that works...

    Still considering adding the features I left out (invisibility, spell-like attacks) back in...

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    I really doubt that they're much stronger than Gate, Wish, or anything like that.
    In the hands of someone with their eye on ruining the game, maybe. A possible "Fix" rolling around in my head for spells like Gate, Wish, Shapechange, Polymorph, PAO, Planar Binding and a few others is just to make them elite, honestly. Force someone to take levels in Currently Nameless Elite Summoner or Currently Nameless Elite Transmuter instead of incantatrix if they want to get access to all that.
    Like my homebrew? Donate to help me produce more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    In the hands of someone with their eye on ruining the game, maybe. A possible "Fix" rolling around in my head for spells like Gate, Wish, Shapechange, Polymorph, PAO, Planar Binding and a few others is just to make them elite, honestly. Force someone to take levels in Currently Nameless Elite Summoner or Currently Nameless Elite Transmuter instead of incantatrix if they want to get access to all that.
    One thing to do to the Elite classes is to make them proper specialists, with bonuses relevant to the form of magic they use. Stuff like giving the Leveller automatic Extend/Widen spell if it wouldn't push the effective spell level over their current maximum Elite Spell Level Known. The wording would also neatly prevent using the feature to go over the normal limit on metamagic...
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Still haven't decided if I should add these or what level yet, but here they are if your interested:
    Invisible Rider (Su): 3/day you and your mount become invisible as per the invisibility spell.

    Spell-like abilities: Faerie Fire, Sleep Strike, Euphoric Strike, and Elemental Strike

    Iím thinking Faerie Fire at will, Sleep Strike 1/day or 1/encounter gaining one (/encounter) or two (/day) additional uses as you level, Euphoric Strike and Elemental Strike 3/day or 5/dayÖ Sparrow Riders use ECL as CL.

    I think these spells or something very similar should already exist, but since I didnít see them in the SRD I created themÖ
    Euphoric Strike: One creature within 60 feet is staggered, sickened, and immune to fear effects for 1d6 rounds per 5 CL.

    Elemental Strike: A missile of magical energy darts forth from your fingertip and strikes its target, dealing 1d4+X points of your choice of Fire, Cold, Electricity, or Acid damage. X is 5 for fire, 4 for cold, 3 for electricity, and 1 for acid. The missile strikes unerringly, even if the target is in melee combat or has less than total cover or total concealment. Specific parts of a creature canít be singled out. Inanimate objects are not damaged by the spell. For every five CL increase the hit die by one step: 1d6 at CL 5, 1d8 at CL 10, 1d10 at CL 15, and 1d12 at CL 20.

    Sleep Strike: One creature within 90 feet who has fewer HD than your caster level, falls into a magical sleep for one minute per 5 CL. The creature can be awakened early if it takes 3 hp in damage per minute remaining of the affect or by being shaken with a strength check DC 10 + CL.

    EDIT: Went ahead and added them, with some slight adjustments...
    Last edited by Ranged Ranger; 2017-11-18 at 02:14 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lanth Sor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged Ranger View Post
    Flavorwise, it's great as an April Fool's type class... It might be a fun way to make NPC versions of various classes (probably rename it Apprentice X class to fit into standard settings...
    It is actually intended to be taken kinda serious, but not Crash the sky. So balance critique would be very appreciated. Why make something that never sees play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged Ranger View Post
    Assuming the bolded is only until the pool is used up? Need to specify that...
    Correct thanks for the catch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged Ranger View Post
    Does Got my Certificate convert the Intern Levels into Levels of the class you were interning in?
    The levels don't convert they just count as levels. so you would still be a level 10 intern level 1 wizard at level 11. But you would have the caster level and spells per day of a level 16 wizard and the max spell level of a level 11 wizard.

    Its a class intended to instill salt into the player until they hit level 11 and it was all worth it.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2017-11-17 at 04:30 PM.

    My Home Brew: Here

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    There's one good use of Intern for optimization, though. You get to grab abilities of a class with progression beyond the class's normal limit, and you can get abilities while skipping prerequisites.
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lanth Sor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    There's one good use of Intern for optimization, though. You get to grab abilities of a class with progression beyond the class's normal limit,
    The reason its doody for fist 10 levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    and you can get abilities while skipping prerequisites.
    Please explain.

    I am concerned about it being a 10 level meaning you could take levels in it post 20. Should I drop it to a under 10 level? 5 seems to little and 9 is just weird
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2017-11-17 at 07:37 PM.

    My Home Brew: Here

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    Please explain.

    I am concerned about it being a 10 level meaning you could take levels in it post 20. Should I drop it to a under 10 level?
    Actually, you take levels in Intern before entering a class, then take that class into Epic for progression past normal limits. The real kicker is that it does not require you to meet any requirements of the class you're going into and doesn't specify base class in any way.

    So you take a level or two of Intern for a 6-10 level PRC to skip the requirements of the PRC, or two levels of it for something like being a Neutral Good Bard or Sorcerer to pick up Paladin features.

    Going into Epic, you take Intern levels as the start of your build to get effective levels in a PRC of your choosing, like Hive Master. Let's just say you're interning for a level 30 archdruid who's epic levels are all Hive Master. You now have PRC features as a 1st level character, and Hive Master happens to be a self-qualifying PRC so you can go right from Intern into Hive Master proper for an effective 15 levels in a 5 level PRC that makes you a half caster that can choose their spell list list daily. And you have five levels to grab whatever stacking on Hive Master you want, so you can be 20th level with equal Hive Master abilities to your teacher and somewhat inferior Druid casting. And, at 30th level, end up ten levels ahead of them in Hive Master abilities.
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    It is actually intended to be taken kinda serious, but not Crash the sky. So balance critique would be very appreciated. Why make something that never sees play?



    Correct thanks for the catch.



    The levels don't convert they just count as levels. so you would still be a level 10 intern level 1 wizard at level 11. But you would have the caster level and spells per day of a level 16 wizard and the max spell level of a level 11 wizard.

    Its a class intended to instill salt into the player until they hit level 11 and it was all worth it.
    My comment about april fool's class was based on your image/name/flavor text being too modern for the normal medieval fantasy setting and I didn't understand what the capstone was doing.

    Now that I have a better understanding of what it does, I actually like it as a flavorful PC option... Interns of level 9 and below could still be awesome NPCs too.

    I do have a few more questions though:

    Can your example Intern 10/Wizard 1 be a professional for an Intern 1 right away or do they have to wait until they're Intern 10/Wizard 6?

    Can you even become Intern 10/Wizard 6? If so do you cast as a Wizard 21 with Epic Casting, or does your advancement plateau, making it better to go Intern 10/Wizard 5/Factotum 1?

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    I've taken the extended deadline as an opportunity to add an Epic Atomos Mage feat. I don't generally play that high level so if people could check that it is balanced and works with the mechanics that would be helpful.
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lanth Sor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Actually, you take levels in Intern before entering a class, then take that class into Epic for progression past normal limits. The real kicker is that it does not require you to meet any requirements of the class you're going into and doesn't specify base class in any way.

    So you take a level or two of Intern for a 6-10 level PRC to skip the requirements of the PRC, or two levels of it for something like being a Neutral Good Bard or Sorcerer to pick up Paladin features.

    Going into Epic, you take Intern levels as the start of your build to get effective levels in a PRC of your choosing, like Hive Master. Let's just say you're interning for a level 30 archdruid who's epic levels are all Hive Master. You now have PRC features as a 1st level character, and Hive Master happens to be a self-qualifying PRC so you can go right from Intern into Hive Master proper for an effective 15 levels in a 5 level PRC that makes you a half caster that can choose their spell list list daily. And you have five levels to grab whatever stacking on Hive Master you want, so you can be 20th level with equal Hive Master abilities to your teacher and somewhat inferior Druid casting. And, at 30th level, end up ten levels ahead of them in Hive Master abilities.
    Looks like I need to adjust my class a little. Most of what you said is intended. Yes archdruid would need to be a druid 15/hive master 15+ to qualify as a professional to a intern allowing them to reach level 10 in the class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranged Ranger View Post
    My comment about april fool's class was based on your image/name/flavor text being too modern for the normal medieval fantasy setting and I didn't understand what the capstone was doing.

    Now that I have a better understanding of what it does, I actually like it as a flavorful PC option... Interns of level 9 and below could still be awesome NPCs too.

    I do have a few more questions though:

    Can your example Intern 10/Wizard 1 be a professional for an Intern 1 right away or do they have to wait until they're Intern 10/Wizard 6?

    Can you even become Intern 10/Wizard 6? If so do you cast as a Wizard 21 with Epic Casting, or does your advancement plateau, making it better to go Intern 10/Wizard 5/Factotum 1?
    Yes, your caster level would be that for your wizard spells but you still are not epic which is another part fo the epic spell feats requirements. So a level 10intern/10wizard has CL 25 so mage armor lasts 25 hours, but even though you have CL 21+ you are not epic, so no epic level spell feats. a level 10 intern/6 wizard would just have a CL of 21, but would still be a level 16 in fact. Nothing the intern does unlocks abilities faster they just make them stronger.

    The idea i was pointing more at with my questions is: If I made the class less then 10 level it becomes a dead end class as you can only advance 10 level prestige classes past the listed cap in epic? The problem is 10 is kinda the perfect number of levels for it.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2017-11-19 at 07:01 PM.

    My Home Brew: Here

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    By the way, how are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places determined?

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Dec 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Open vote I belive?

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    What happens when there is an intern in a epic prestige class(such as a epic master specialist intern) does it gets the class features of a level 15 epic master specialist once it gets its certificate including epic feats?(since epic master specialist is a class I see no problem in that)
    Or an intern in internship?
    Its capstone would progress his intern level which would progress his intern level and so on giving him the class features of an infinite level intern(not really useful)
    Last edited by noob; 2017-11-21 at 03:36 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    What happens when there is an intern in a epic prestige class(such as a epic master specialist intern) does it gets the class features of a level 15 epic master specialist once it gets its certificate including epic feats?(since epic master specialist is a class I see no problem in that)
    Or an intern in internship?
    Its capstone would progress his intern level which would progress his intern level and so on giving him the class features of an infinite level intern(not really useful)
    Taking even one level as and intern in internship creates and infinite recursion causing you to [PAINFULLY!!!] collapse in on yourself and then wink out of existence.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    I am quite sure getting infinite class features that all do nothing but getting you more class features could simply be approximated by giving you no class features.
    On the other hand I can only imagine how horrible it is to become an intern with the intent of becoming an intern at the end of your carrier.
    Last edited by noob; 2017-11-21 at 04:23 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Aniikinis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the "Web"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Is voting fine yet?
    Come now Alice
    There's no time to cry...
    Tears of woe
    Won't help you get bye...


    Black for normal/uncaring/bored. Red for excited. Purple for in love. White for hidden messages. Green for hatred. Grey for being a jerk/sarcastic bum.

    For some strange reason I have a severe reaction to sunlight when it hits my eyes, no clue why or what causes it so yeah...
    The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NothingAbnormal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    No where out there <-->

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    Is voting fine yet?
    Voting thread will be up momentarily
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Renegade Hippie DM in the Playground

    Extended Sig

    Prestige Class Contest 3.X, Race to the Top


    Currently Violently Ill, (As in ICU ill) feel free to skip me in any RP's I play, and sorry for those I DM!
    Finally out, replies incoming.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NothingAbnormal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    No where out there <-->

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Renegade Hippie DM in the Playground

    Extended Sig

    Prestige Class Contest 3.X, Race to the Top


    Currently Violently Ill, (As in ICU ill) feel free to skip me in any RP's I play, and sorry for those I DM!
    Finally out, replies incoming.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NothingAbnormal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    No where out there <-->

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    So, now everyone can start voting/bickering (()) about what they'd like the next contest theme to be.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Renegade Hippie DM in the Playground

    Extended Sig

    Prestige Class Contest 3.X, Race to the Top


    Currently Violently Ill, (As in ICU ill) feel free to skip me in any RP's I play, and sorry for those I DM!
    Finally out, replies incoming.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Aniikinis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the "Web"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    I'm putting my vote in for Creepy Crawlies or In Darkness They Lie.

    ...what? I mean it's not like I enjoy spiders and millipedes and grasshoppers and cuttlefish and those cutesy little hypno huggers.

    Edit: Also tossing Best of my Race (Paragons) into the ring.
    Last edited by Aniikinis; 2017-11-22 at 12:25 AM.
    Come now Alice
    There's no time to cry...
    Tears of woe
    Won't help you get bye...


    Black for normal/uncaring/bored. Red for excited. Purple for in love. White for hidden messages. Green for hatred. Grey for being a jerk/sarcastic bum.

    For some strange reason I have a severe reaction to sunlight when it hits my eyes, no clue why or what causes it so yeah...
    The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Switch hitters!
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NothingAbnormal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    No where out there <-->

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Aniikinis View Post
    I'm putting my vote in for Creepy Crawlies or In Darkness They Lie.

    ...what? I mean it's not like I enjoy spiders and millipedes and grasshoppers and cuttlefish and those cutesy little hypno huggers.
    Just for the record you don't have to go off those in the OP, they were just ideas that were mentioned or I jotted down in case nobody could come up with something for a future contest. Thus if someone wanted to do/ssuggest a different theme then what's there feel free to.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Renegade Hippie DM in the Playground

    Extended Sig

    Prestige Class Contest 3.X, Race to the Top


    Currently Violently Ill, (As in ICU ill) feel free to skip me in any RP's I play, and sorry for those I DM!
    Finally out, replies incoming.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    A few other suggestions for next context or a later contest:

    "Light is not necessarily good, dark is not necessarily evil"
    "Homebrew power" (the idea being that the PrCs need to use some pre-existing homebrew)
    "Specialization"
    "Words"
    "For whom the bell tolls" (the idea being music themed PrCs)
    "Against the gods"
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    A few other suggestions for next context or a later contest:

    "Light is not necessarily good, dark is not necessarily evil"
    "Homebrew power" (the idea being that the PrCs need to use some pre-existing homebrew)
    "Specialization"
    "Words"
    "For whom the bell tolls" (the idea being music themed PrCs)
    "Against the gods"
    ...I can manage to make something that fits all of those at once thanks to a Truenaming overhaul over on MinMax.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2017-11-21 at 11:43 AM.
    My most liked class, thematically, is the Artificer. Make free items! (fail by RAW to)Hold up the setting! Have access to every magic item...
    My most liked class, mechanically, is the Bard. I sing the enemy to death! (at level 21)I talk you into a suicidal fanatic! I need to cheese rules that make me sing as I fight or talk to get things done...

    I prefer t2 over anything else, because t2 lets you become anything. I think Psionics is more versatile than magic.

    Homebrewer's sig

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NothingAbnormal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    No where out there <-->

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    A few other suggestions for next context or a later contest:

    "Light is not necessarily good, dark is not necessarily evil"
    "Homebrew power" (the idea being that the PrCs need to use some pre-existing homebrew)
    "Specialization"
    "Words"
    "For whom the bell tolls" (the idea being music themed PrCs)
    "Against the gods"
    Most of these I like, except Homebrew Power, as I think the point for these is new homebrew and unless you use your own you have to go ask everyone for permission (I think) to base stuff off of.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

    Renegade Hippie DM in the Playground

    Extended Sig

    Prestige Class Contest 3.X, Race to the Top


    Currently Violently Ill, (As in ICU ill) feel free to skip me in any RP's I play, and sorry for those I DM!
    Finally out, replies incoming.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Most of these I like, except Homebrew Power, as I think the point for these is new homebrew and unless you use your own you have to go ask everyone for permission (I think) to base stuff off of.
    That seems reasonable.

    Question about voting. Can we include a vote for something in more than one category? (Say giving the same thing for best use of theme and also include that as one of one's top 3). I'm still thinking about my voting and I would just like to know how restrictive the voting options are.
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2017-11-21 at 10:15 PM.
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    near Milan / Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Still making up my mind on voting.

    For next contests i second the idea of a music themed one, and i think it could be fun a contest based on "altruism", classes that focus heavily in helping other classes work better.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    That seems reasonable.

    Question about voting. Can we include a vote for something in more than one category? (Say giving the same thing for best use of theme and also include that as one of one's top 3). I'm still thinking about my voting and I would just like to know how restrictive the voting options are.
    Traditionally the answer to this question is "Yes", especially since sometimes (often) there are 6 or fewer entries, so anyone who made an entry is forced to vote for the same thing in two places. In fact, 15 is a comically-large number of entries compared to how many we usually get for these.
    Like my homebrew? Donate to help me produce more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA

    Default Re: Prestige Class Contest Chat Thread I

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Traditionally the answer to this question is "Yes", especially since sometimes (often) there are 6 or fewer entries, so anyone who made an entry is forced to vote for the same thing in two places. In fact, 15 is a comically-large number of entries compared to how many we usually get for these.
    Thanks for that qualification.

    Also, while I'm at it, here are two more theme ideas for the future:

    "Fate verse free will"
    "Salvation and damnation"
    My homebrew:

    Spoiler
    Show


    Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

    The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

    Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish



    Worthwhile links:

    Age of Warriors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •