1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Default Please help me make a character

Hi guys!
    Sorry if I placed this post to the wrong thread this is my first time posting here.
    So basicaly me and my friends had the idea to make a webcomic about our lives in a fantasy setting. we would write it together and some of us are drawing it. The problem is that I've never in my life knew what I wanted to play or what my class is in games. This is where you could come in help people of this amazing site! I thought if I could write some stuff about me and what I preffered in videogames maybe you could set me on the right path.

I work as an EMT and always enjoyed the more supportive classes. I have a kinda twisted sense of humour(so much that my friends keep telling me to play a necromancer or warlock).I have no problem with the more primal or nature based classes...neither with the darker or more sinister ones but I would realy not be something religion based.

I usualy pick classes or characters that has: AoE; Crowd-control; Healing and a bit more on the offensive side.(I hate the stereotypical healers who sits back and casts healing); I also generaly enjoyed DoT and pet classes.

I generaly like characters with ice and frost; potions and poisons; evil and sneaky spells; pets and/or servants are welcomed too.

So I guess you can see the problem here. The comic would be about our life and I don't know how I could work as someone in a medical profession with the specifics mentioned above. Could you give some ideas? Maybe classes to look up or a more creative approach would be welcomed too( I'm realy not one to come up with a system of how these could work.)
    I tried to make this short but if you need any more information please just ask.

Thank You in advance!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Please help me make a character

Well, this might be best in the roleplaying section.

If it's about a specific game, then go to the appropriate subforum.

Edit: Also, neat!
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-10-16 at 12:57 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew and a Patreon for it

Current Avatar by AsteriskAmp, who is awesome!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Alchemist? Druid? Possibly with an dark humory race, like tiefling or kobold or something? A magic user with a knack for mechanical traps might be able to play some cool pranks...

A warlock who just happens to like healing, be it as spells, potions, the healing skill and/or some sort of racial abilities?
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Alchemist? Druid? Possibly with an dark humory race, like tiefling or kobold or something? A magic user with a knack for mechanical traps might be able to play some cool pranks...

A warlock who just happens to like healing, be it as spells, potions, the healing skill and/or some sort of racial abilities?
    You have a few good options here.

Druid. Elemental casting, animal pets, a little bit of healing, herbalism for poisons/potions. You're missing the evil/sneaky spells, but can have sneaky companions.

Second option, Necromancer. Lots of skeleton pets, ice/frost is often associated with death spells, cold of the grave and such. Evil and sneaky magic, plus poisons for sure. You can maybe do a bit of potions here, too, but will definitely be lacking in the healing department, unless you justify healing as just minor applications of necromancy. (I mean, seriously, what is a bone graft besides a necromantic implant? Are "Raise Dead" and "Create Undead" really that different?)

Warlock won't have as much AoE/control, probably? And no healing there. Could probably have a pet imp, or a demon dog, or something.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Thanks for everyone so far. You guys realy helped me see other options and they all sound amazing.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

First of all, I'm jealous. This sounds like a blast.

Second, it sounds like Necromancer would be a perfect fit. Depending on your version, there may be several "evil" buffs you can put on your allies, and they're plenty sneaky and poison-y.

Also, necromancy is often just the most last-ditch form of medicine.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2017-10-17 at 02:50 PM.
    Spoiler: To My Fellow Empire Players and GM
    Show
    I may tend to come across as negative, as I usually post when something is wrong or to winge, but I really like this game so far and I'm having loads of fun. Thank you everyone for making it such a great experience!

Quote Originally Posted by DM
    You are walking down the hallways following the map. You make a left turn, two right turns, step over a tripwire, and turn into a secret door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player
    I turn into a secret door? Dang the traps in this place are OP!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

I vote for Drow Warlock, Hell pact of the Chain with an imp familiar.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry, I think this is a bot, everybody.

ED: maybe not, as it IS about a webcomic, rather than an RPG character like I thought.
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2017-11-10 at 07:24 AM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If you like AoE Wizard or Druid would be great & Druid has access to some healing + its also cool that their spell-casting isn't' effected by armor like the Wizard or Sorcerer. If you like crowd control Barbarian or Fighter is the obvious choice. My friend runs a Dwarf with extremely slow movement but it doesn't matter because everything comes to him.

Personally I like the Druid & I am using an Elf Druid. They have access to decent healing like I already said, they have pretty good offensive magic & they get bad-ass animal companions (I have a Giant Owl). I hope this helped!