New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Stephen King FATE World Creation

It's a long shot, but YES. I, along with most other Stephen King fans, know that most, if not all, of Stephen King's works of fiction are interconnected. So, would it be a long-shot to translate the many powers and settings into a single FATE based world design?

Alright, here's a few rules before people start pitching ideas:

1) This setting will work off of FATE core

2) I want all of this work from scratch, so don't just copy paste stuff from Dresden Files

3) We should probably take this one step at a time, so let's start simple with approach names, then Refresh abilities, and end with world creation
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Stephen King FATE World Creation

As a person who hasn't read that much Stephen King, and has only skimmed through FATE setting books I could see several potential stumbling blocks. One, being the range of genres used across King's novels might not fit together simultaneously, like is this supposed to support plays as both a gunslinger and a little kid in Maine. Second, that FATE isn't particularly good at horror which is prominent in Stephen King's novels. Thirdly(or second and a half really), despite being setting neutral FATE leans towards a specific kind of story due to it's mechanics, which I don't know if that fits with the same style that King has. It'm not saying this to discourage you from this project, I'm just pointing out things to consider.