New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Fun fact. On the PBE they actually INCREASED the %max health damage from 2% to 3%. Because apparently they weren't paying attention.

This isn't even something that's hard to see. In the freaking patch notes '3% target's maximum health per 100 AP per half second'. Anybody with a quarter of a functioning brain could see how ludicrous this is if you just build AP. A relatively weak 6 item AP build of 600 AP means you are doing 18% max health PER HALF SECOND, or 36% max health PER SECOND on one ability. And that's not even talking about the 710 base damage you get on your Q from 600 AP.

In addition both your punch and Q have 0.9 AP ratios on them.

So assuming you land your punch and Q, with 600 AP that means a FLAT initial damage of 1470 damage from just those 2 abilities, followed by 36% of your target's health every second.

What monkey thought this was acceptable to go live? They need to be straight fired.
    Someone on Reddit mentioned that all the abilities except for the DoT on Q do the same damage at 200AP that they used to with base values. The DoT on Q, however, does the same damage per tick as all 3 ticks combined used to. It is suspected that someone at Riot flubbed the math.
    Last edited by thracian; 2017-10-26 at 12:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Well that’s hilarious and stupid. Isn’t PBE supposed to catch this kind of thing?

I thought Riot didn’t like things like assassins that can 100->0 enemies.
    Not exactly what PBE is for. It's primarily for things that actually crash/legit break the game (not balance wise).

From what I've seen, it seems like whoever input the ratio thought they were entering a ratio for the entire duration, but was actually entering for just one tick of the effect. So probably something tagged on last-minute that didn't go through all of the standard release process? Although I can't see Galio buffs really being important enough to warrant being thrown in last minute.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Someone on Reddit mentioned that all the abilities except for the DoT on Q do the same damage at 200AP that they used to with base values. The DoT on Q, however, does the same damage per tick as all 3 ticks combined used to. It is suspected that someone at Riot flubbed the math.
    Saw that one as well. Hopefully, if it's that simple of a mistake, it's also that simple of a fix.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Not exactly what PBE is for. It's primarily for things that actually crash/legit break the game (not balance wise).

From what I've seen, it seems like whoever input the ratio thought they were entering a ratio for the entire duration, but was actually entering for just one tick of the effect. So probably something tagged on last-minute that didn't go through all of the standard release process? Although I can't see Galio buffs really being important enough to warrant being thrown in last minute.
    It's explicitly says in the patch notes '3% target’s maximum health per 100 ability power, per half-second'. What's in the patch notes is what they implemented, so this would require multiple people in the process to make the same mistake and not catch it.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-10-26 at 01:20 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

It's explicitly says in the patch notes '3% target’s maximum health per 100 ability power, per half-second'. What's in the patch notes is what they implemented, so this would require multiple people in the process to make the same mistake and not catch it.
    Patch notes may be autogenerated for that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, hotfix incoming. 0.9 -> 0.8 Ratio nerf on Q, plus 3% -> 1% as well. But I did get to watch an SRO vid where this old numbers are still live, and that was highly amusing.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Well, hotfix incoming. 0.9 -> 0.8 Ratio nerf on Q, plus 3% -> 1% as well. But I did get to watch an SRO vid where this old numbers are still live, and that was highly amusing.
    Yeah there are videos out there with level 18 AP stacked Galio literally 1 shotting squishies with Q.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

In ranked

Zed: "My mom's yelling at me because I didn't do my homework. Later." *Disconnects*

"Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    In ranked

Zed: "My mom's yelling at me because I didn't do my homework. Later." *Disconnects*

I had a Vi last night. Tried to invade a Xin at level 3 when a Ryze had me pushed under tower, fed double buffs to Ryze and whined nobody came to help her, then 15 minutes in, "Have to reset my router". We were down 2 inhibs by the time the POS came back and lost immediately after.

Then tried to claim it wasn't reportable because they 'weren't actually afk'.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-10-28 at 09:18 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, don't get me wrong. We won the ensuing 4v5; our Anivia support was amazing. But still.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoe Teaser

What is with CertainT and his love of making the most mobile champs ever? can he be put on the Udyr rework team?
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

MFW new champion
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    What is with CertainT and his love of making the most mobile champs ever? can he be put on the Udyr rework team?
    I actually liked the Warwick rework, but I think they reigned him in on that project more than usual.

I don't even feel like Zoe is a character that should fit in Runeterra, but I suppose that's a consideration that's long past.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh nice. Something new to loath about the Targon lore. That’s good I was running out of material.

More seriously. Looks like another annoying champion to play against from CertainlyT. Nothing really of note there.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I don't even feel like Zoe is a character that should fit in Runeterra, but I suppose that's a consideration that's long past.
    I had the same feeling and I can't really pinpoint why. She seems in the same vein as Lulu and Lux, but felt out of place on the initial reveal. Is it because she's an Aspect, instead of a Yordle?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I had the same feeling and I can't really pinpoint why. She seems in the same vein as Lulu and Lux, but felt out of place on the initial reveal. Is it because she's an Aspect, instead of a Yordle?
    The art style looks more loony toons. Which we normally associate with yordles. So she ends up just looking like an oddly proportioned freak next to the other humans.

17. - Top - End - #47

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Yeah, I think a big part of it is she doesn't fit with the other "cartoony" champions in terms of personality--Runeterra already has characters who occupy that sort of space (mostly Yordles, though I'd throw Ivern into a similar spot), and she doesn't feel comparable--too bubbly, I guess. But as Dienekes pointed out, it's also the art style. She literally doesn't look like she belongs; she's not human enough to be one of the other Aspects, and yet she doesn't fit with the non-human characters, either.

Also, does she seem like she should be an Aspect at all? What is going on here?
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my god it's Star Butterfly.

And she's stealing all your item actives and summoner spells.

Dear Bard save us.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-11-03 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Wow that character looks annoying. I'm not even talking about gameplay. Also seconding that she looks um, warped and weird. Maybe she'll actually be an alien to explain it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Yeah, I think a big part of it is she doesn't fit with the other "cartoony" champions in terms of personality--Runeterra already has characters who occupy that sort of space (mostly Yordles, though I'd throw Ivern into a similar spot), and she doesn't feel comparable--too bubbly, I guess. But as Dienekes pointed out, it's also the art style. She literally doesn't look like she belongs; she's not human enough to be one of the other Aspects, and yet she doesn't fit with the non-human characters, either.

Also, does she seem like she should be an Aspect at all? What is going on here?
    The Targon lore is ****. The space parasites have no personality or motive, so Riot can make them interact with their hosts however Riot wants. If they say that they want this prepubescent child who should be forcefed adderall to be an Aspect then it makes about as much sense as anything else happening in that pile of garbage mountain.

Sure it straight up doesn’t match the tone set by the other four lores. But, since those four couldn’t even establish a consistent timeline, who cares?
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-11-03 at 01:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlueKnightGuy

The Targon lore is ****. The space parasites have no personality or motive, so Riot can make them interact with their hosts however Riot wants. If they say that they want this prepubescent child who should be forcefed adderall to be an Aspect then it makes about as much sense as anything else happening in that pile of garbage mountain.

Sure it straight up doesn’t match the tone set by the other four lores. But, since those four couldn’t even establish a consistent timeline, who cares?
    Fair enough, though my comment was more to the effect of "This is bad enough that surely Riot sees why it's so dissonant, right?"

(But yes, Targon lore is )
    DM's Guild Work

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm not entirely sure how she's going to work, on an execution-level... Maybe she only has 1 summoner spell, then the "other" slot is covered by the passive?

First Shyvana, then Ornn, then looking at some of the Runes in the update, now Zoe - I really like how they're mining unused design space. I'll go ahead and say we'll likely see a champion in the near future that does some top-down, RTS-style map upgrades, similar to the old Demigod MOBA - Being able to upgrade towers & minions, turning the portions of the jungle into a defensive resource instead of just a PvE.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that is literally the most annoying character design I've ever seen.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that is literally the most annoying best character design I've ever seen.

25. - Top - End - #55

Reading peoples opinions about Zoe makes me wonder how annoying I was when the Eve rework came out. Maybe if she was released with a music video instead people would like her more.

A while back the ask Riot blog talked about how they kinda messed up with Asol by making him a badass space dragon then giving him a niche play-style. I wonder if people are going to want to play summoner-stealer the champion and get annoyed by the rest of her design.

From the teaser so far the theme and mechanics seem to blend very well. Looking forward to release day.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

26. - Top - End - #56

So: Stupidly mobile with multiple new mechanics. No prizes to guess who designed this one. Can they just get rid of CertainlyT? Every time he designs a champion it's always overloaded with stuff.

Also, the art style doesn't even match up with the Yordles.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

That hair reminds me of nothing so much as a troll doll.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    I’m gonna have to side with Olinser on this one.

But what do I know. I like old!Poppy’s barebones stoic personality more than her new. I just don’t like the overly friendly bubbly airhead archetype.

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    So: Stupidly mobile with multiple new mechanics. No prizes to guess who designed this one. Can they just get rid of CertainlyT? Every time he designs a champion it's always overloaded with stuff.

Also, the art style doesn't even match up with the Yordles.
    The mechanics on Warwick were good. The lime green robo sludge back thing is stupid looking, but I can’t pin that exclusively on him.

I think the man just flourishes under restrictions. When given free reign he creates things no one wants to play against.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-11-03 at 06:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Reading peoples opinions about Zoe makes me wonder how annoying I was when the Eve rework came out. Maybe if she was released with a music video instead people would like her more.
    Not nearly as quarter as annoying.

30. - Top - End - #60

I’m gonna have to side with Olinser on this one.

But what do I know. I like old!Poppy’s barebones stoic personality more than her new. I just don’t like the overly friendly bubbly airhead archetype.

The mechanics on Warwick were good. The lime green robo sludge back thing is stupid looking, but I can’t pin that exclusively on him.

I think the man just flourishes under restrictions. When given free reign he creates things no one wants to play against.
    Art: I was more of a fan of old poppy too. Base Warwick is Ok... Mostly I like how he fits in with Zaun now, and some of his skins do really cool things with the augments.

Mechanics: Warwick's reword is probably the second best rework IMO, probably the best because his playstyle's still pretty similar (unlike rework and dental king Sion, who was a brand new champion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Not nearly as quarter as annoying.
    I gotta work on my quota then.
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2017-11-03 at 06:24 PM.
    Traa-tan by Demastro