New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

Couldn't tell you. I've leveled once and got one champion shard.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

I've gained 3 levels so far and each time got a collection of champs shards worth 810 BE. I seem to recall them saying something about cosmetics in those chests but the preseason update site just says "Capsules contain champ shards and blue essence, and if you hit special milestone levels, you'll earn special rewards like gemstones or rare emotes" so maybe not. (Also worth noting that the emotes themselves take a chunk of BE to unlock).
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

3. - Top - End - #123

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    You DO earn cosmetic items for most levelups now though, right?
    I'm pretty sure it's something like every 10 (or maybe even more) levels that you get "extras," so to speak. I'm at 35 and have gotten nothing but champion shards thus far.

Having said that, if you get FWotD bonus, it doesn't take too many games to level up.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

With how much weight is on fwotd, I've just done an aram and then logged off.

And the level up rewards should usually be champion shards I believe. Every so often you should get a skin shard through bad luck protection.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

What are champion shards?
    And does this mean skins are still mostly a costs-real-money thing?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    What are champion shards?
    And does this mean skins are still mostly a costs-real-money thing?
    Champion shards have four uses:
    - You can get that champion permanently for Essence at a discount
    - You can convert a shard into Essence if you don't want the champion
    - You can get that champion for a week for a much lower Essence cost than the permanent unlock
    - You can use three shards to unlock one random champion
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2017-11-15 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #127

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Champion shards have four uses:
    - You can get that champion permanently for Essence at a discount
    - You can convert a shard into Essence if you don't want the champion
    - You can get that champion for a week for a much lower Essence cost than the permanent unlock
    - You can use three shards to unlock one random champion
    I'm loading into a game so I can't check the third, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore, and I know you can't reroll for champions.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I'm loading into a game so I can't check the third, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore, and I know you can't reroll for champions.
    Hm. I might have misremembered. I know you can disenchant and buy-at-a-discount, because I've done both since the new system rolled out. I could be wrong about the rental and random, but I could have sworn there were still at least three options.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2017-11-15 at 03:24 PM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

The third option is still the 1-week rental, and I don't remember if it's free or costs essence (don't have a shard right now to check since I disenchanted the one I got for 1260 BE).

edit: turns out I got an honor capsule, the options are disenchant for 20% of the purchase price, free 1-week rental, and upgrade to permanent with a 40% discount.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-11-15 at 03:30 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hm. I might have misremembered. I know you can disenchant and buy-at-a-discount, because I've done both since the new system rolled out. I could be wrong about the rental and random, but I could have sworn there were still at least three options.
    That is correct. You can roll three skin or ward shards into random new permanent skins, but they removed that from Champ shards.

I was quite aggravated to find that out when my first item (I can't remember if it was for leveling up or an honor capsule) came with 5 Champ shards, including 4 champions I already own. So I guess I can only turn them into essence now??

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    That is correct. You can roll three skin or ward shards into random new permanent skins, but they removed that from Champ shards.

I was quite aggravated to find that out when my first item (I can't remember if it was for leveling up or an honor capsule) came with 5 Champ shards, including 4 champions I already own. So I guess I can only turn them into essence now??
    To be fair, you can also just buy random champions for Essence now. Does 3 disenchanted shards average more or less essence than one random? Can't pull the game up now to check prices.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132

BlueKnightGuy

To be fair, you can also just buy random champions for Essence now. Does 3 disenchanted shards average more or less essence than one random? Can't pull the game up now to check prices.
    Depends on the shards, but typically it's going to be less essence (if my experience is any indication; they seem to be weighted heavily toward "cheap" shards now).

Random champions are going to go away soon with the BE shop, though I don't remember the date.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2017-11-15 at 05:30 PM.
    DM's Guild Work

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Depends on the shards, but typically it's going to be less essence (if my experience is any indication; they seem to be weighted heavily toward "cheap" shards now).

Random champions are going to go away soon with the BE shop, though I don't remember the date.
    Crap. I've wanted to pull that trigger, (and have enough BE to pull it at least 5 times) but there are enough champions worth 3150 or less that I don't own yet.

Do we know if they're going to introduce anything new for BE? I know the new emotes cost RP, which I found really odd.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Crap. I've wanted to pull that trigger, (and have enough BE to pull it at least 5 times) but there are enough champions worth 3150 or less that I don't own yet.
    3150s also give you a shard back, in my experience. I only lost like 20 BE when I rolled a 3150 because of that. Can't speak for the cheaper ones.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

15. - Top - End - #135

BlueKnightGuy

Do we know if they're going to introduce anything new for BE? I know the new emotes cost RP, which I found really odd.
    I don't think they've entirely decided, but I will point out there are a few (very expensive) new items in the BE shop--icons + gemstone and a couple of emotes.

(Also Urfwick, but if you can afford that we wouldn't be having this conversation.)
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2017-11-16 at 11:08 AM.
    DM's Guild Work

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I really don't get the urfwick hype. I could have gotten it, went for the gemstones instead. It just looks like a very meh skin to me.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I really don't get the urfwick hype. I could have gotten it, went for the gemstones instead. It just looks like a very meh skin to me.
    Collector's value. It was only previously available on April Fool's Day 2010.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

18. - Top - End - #138

I really hate how apparently a video autoplays the first time you log into the client during the Project event. Not sure who the heck made that decision, but can't imagine how they came to the conclusion it was a good idea. Especially since, at least for me, it's rather loud.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I really hate how apparently a video autoplays the first time you log into the client during the Project event. Not sure who the heck made that decision, but can't imagine how they came to the conclusion it was a good idea. Especially since, at least for me, it's rather loud.
    Cheers. It’s fine for Riot to be proud of their work. Doesn’t mean everyone cares. Personally I’m completely uninterested in all this Project stuff.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Post Season LCS
    Show
    Doublelift to Liquid...

dang

I really liked this past two year TSM line-up. I think they did pretty well domestically with some neat personalities. Doublelift really grew on me as a player (to be fair, I also started to pay more attention to out of game stuff over the past two years) but I'm not sure I can follow him onto the dumpster fire that is Liquid.

So far I'm not sure who I'm going to be following... I was thinking of watching IMT games next split but looks like that's not an option anymore. After years of TSM following I think I have a good idea of what Bjergs going to go through this split so that's not really peaking my interest. The rest of my favorite players are dedicated streamers or Aphromoo who isn't signed yet. I guess I'll jsut wait for Mark and Scarra to tell me who the best ADC is and watch them *shrugface.idk*

Maybe I'll keep an eye on Bio, it will be interesting to see how he does without TSM to have his back (lovemesomeregi's historical player compensation notwithstanding.

Eu seems to be experiencing the continuation of the talent leak to NA. With a lot of their mainstream talent leaving and the explosions of teams (with or without funding) it should be... interesting to see what happens in EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

21. - Top - End - #141

CLG just confirmed their starting roster for LCS

Spoiler: TL:DR
    Show
    Top: Darshan
    Jungle: Reignover
    Mid: Huhi
    ADC: Stixxay
    Support: Biofrost

Aphro's gone, rumor has him going to 100 Thieves. Omargod heading to CLG.Black.

I'm interested. Reignover hasn't been on great teams, but with good solo lanes he can facilitate, this could turn around really fast. Biofrost was the only support in free agency who could possibly have been considered an upgrade from Aphromoo.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    CLG just confirmed their starting roster for LCS

Spoiler: TL:DR
    Show
    Top: Darshan
    Jungle: Reignover
    Mid: Huhi
    ADC: Stixxay
    Support: Biofrost

Aphro's gone, rumor has him going to 100 Thieves. Omargod heading to CLG.Black.

I'm interested. Reignover hasn't been on great teams, but with good solo lanes he can facilitate, this could turn around really fast. Biofrost was the only support in free agency who could possibly have been considered an upgrade from Aphromoo.
    Yeah I'm not super surprised.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aphromoo is a good player but he just hasn't been performing particularly well this year. He and Stixxay just didn't seem to mesh very well, so you have to replace one of them, and with Biofrost free now's the time.

Reignover is a mistake. He's just not a good team player.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Yeah I'm not super surprised.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aphromoo is a good player but he just hasn't been performing particularly well this year. He and Stixxay just didn't seem to mesh very well, so you have to replace one of them, and with Biofrost free now's the time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aphro leaving was his own idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    CLG left a big offer on the table for Aphro.

Reignover can't be any worse than Dardoch was for the team atmosphere or worse skillwise than Omargod(who needs some time to get on an LCS level).

And I personally think you're wrong. He's an enabler jungler in the vein of Xmithie, the problem was that he was the best part of Liquid and they tried to force him to be a carry jungler.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2017-11-26 at 09:35 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Spoiler: Post Season LCS
    Show
    Doublelift to Liquid...

dang

I really liked this past two year TSM line-up. I think they did pretty well domestically with some neat personalities. Doublelift really grew on me as a player (to be fair, I also started to pay more attention to out of game stuff over the past two years) but I'm not sure I can follow him onto the dumpster fire that is Liquid.

So far I'm not sure who I'm going to be following... I was thinking of watching IMT games next split but looks like that's not an option anymore. After years of TSM following I think I have a good idea of what Bjergs going to go through this split so that's not really peaking my interest. The rest of my favorite players are dedicated streamers or Aphromoo who isn't signed yet. I guess I'll jsut wait for Mark and Scarra to tell me who the best ADC is and watch them *shrugface.idk*

Maybe I'll keep an eye on Bio, it will be interesting to see how he does without TSM to have his back (lovemesomeregi's historical player compensation notwithstanding.

Eu seems to be experiencing the continuation of the talent leak to NA. With a lot of their mainstream talent leaving and the explosions of teams (with or without funding) it should be... interesting to see what happens in EU.
    Spoiler: TSM Roster moves
    Show

As a TSM fan, I'm not a huge fan of their roster moves. I think Ssong is a good coach and I would have liked them to keep the team together (maybe move Svenskeren) and see what a good coach can do with the roster. I think Mithy/Zven as a pair is a side-grade skill-wise for Doublelift/Biofrost, but Mithy brings shotcalling and a confident voice, which is what TSM has been looking for in the last two years.

I loved Doublelift and Biofrost on the roster and will miss them. This move better work out because TSM's probably the most hated team in the LCS now. My brother who roots for whatever team Doublelift is on now says TSM is dead to him, so... that's a tad awkward.

I feel a bit sad for the EU LCS because there seems to be a clear pecking order and major talent drain. NA teams can offer more money than EU teams, established teams like G2, Fnatic can offer more money than a self-funded team like Unicorns of Love.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-11-27 at 12:35 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146

BlueKnightGuy

If anyone wants more Riot "storytelling," here's the latest champion they've narratively replaced.

(It's Varus.)
    DM's Guild Work

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno, I wasn't particularly interested in his old story, but this one has several interesting elements and story hooks. Also, a hint a new darkin champion down the line.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I dunno, I wasn't particularly interested in his old story, but this one has several interesting elements and story hooks. Also, a hint a new darkin champion down the line.
    There isn't exactly much new in the new lore anyway. Instead of a upstanding family man falling due to the death of his loved ones, its now two lovers who fall. Who Varus was before being corrupted really doesn't matter, which makes the change stand out as being change for changes sake, which rarely leads to improvement. That what was being guarded was a Darkin was the only change they need to make, and they had already. The biggest problem I have is unless the next patch includes new Voice over for Varus it'll just sound silly and wrong.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    There isn't exactly much new in the new lore anyway. Instead of a upstanding family man falling due to the death of his loved ones, its now two lovers who fall. Who Varus was before being corrupted really doesn't matter, which makes the change stand out as being change for changes sake, which rarely leads to improvement. That what was being guarded was a Darkin was the only change they need to make, and they had already. The biggest problem I have is unless the next patch includes new Voice over for Varus it'll just sound silly and wrong.
    The interesting change is that Varus is no longer a single corrupted man, but an amalgam of three different entities, each still fighting for control, and with the two sides with their own agendas. And the agenda is no longer just "Kill all Noxians". This opens up a lot more places for the story to go instead of the singular path it had before.

...whether it'll be followed up on is another question, but for the time being I can appreciate relaying what looks like a more sound foundation.

30. - Top - End - #150

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    The interesting change is that Varus is no longer a single corrupted man, but an amalgam of three different entities, each still fighting for control, and with the two sides with their own agendas. And the agenda is no longer just "Kill all Noxians". This opens up a lot more places for the story to go instead of the singular path it had before.

...whether it'll be followed up on is another question, but for the time being I can appreciate relaying what looks like a more sound foundation.
    I mean, the agendas are "unleash more Darkin and destroy the world" or "somehow take control of an amalgamated body being held together by the Darkin," neither of which can realistically be followed. The former is maybe cause for a new champion (which is probably years away if Riot's previous timelines are any indication) but can never be completed (because then no Runeterra), while the later seems like it should be fatal to the lovers and at the minimum is a weird body-horror existence.

Not to mention Riot probably won't use it to tell a story, as you note here.
    DM's Guild Work