New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I mean, the agendas are "unleash more Darkin and destroy the world" or "somehow take control of an amalgamated body being held together by the Darkin," neither of which can realistically be followed. The former is maybe cause for a new champion (which is probably years away if Riot's previous timelines are any indication) but can never be completed (because then no Runeterra), while the later seems like it should be fatal to the lovers and at the minimum is a weird body-horror existence.

Not to mention Riot probably won't use it to tell a story, as you note here.
    The first one could be completed as long as either something else comes after the destruction, or we just don't get enough information to pin it to a timeline. Plenty of new champions have retconned older ones; there's no reason they couldn't add someone from a future apocalypse. Maybe pull Ekko into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVIII: "MY PICK'EMS!" Part II: Who Didn't Get Out of Groups?

If anyone wants more Riot "storytelling," here's the latest champion they've narratively replaced.

(It's Varus.)
    Ahh Riot, they have a downright fantastic ability to take simple characters that people like and want to see developed, completely missing the point and end up just creating a new character. Poppy, Pantheon, Galio. They’re great at this.

But this one will be fun. You’re gonna have the people who wanted to see the old lore developed who will be mad. And you’ll see the homophobes side with them. Then you’ll get the lgbt crowd praise the inclusion of homosexual characters without actually caring about the lore. Then you’ll get people who actually like the change as a story.

And from that you’ll of course people yelling at each other. Accusing everyone who likes the new lore of tokenism and forcing politics down their throat. And you’ll get others who will say anyone who doesn’t like or feel betrayed by the change are all closet homophobes.

It’s going to be a beautiful disaster. I almost want to see it.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    It’s going to be a beautiful disaster. I almost want to see it.
    I went to the Riot boards and looked. It's not worth going.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny, I was just starting to think the same about this thread.

The criticism of the new lore stuff: fine, whatever. Everyone has their own opinion, we don't need to see eye-to-eye on it.

This outright reveling in ugliness and wishing for the worst of humanity just to feed some petty spite-boner has crossed the line into just being really off-putting and gross, however.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-12-01 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Funny, I was just starting to think the same about this thread.

The criticism of the new lore stuff: fine, whatever. Everyone has their own opinion, we don't need to see eye-to-eye on it.

This outright reveling in ugliness and wishing for the worst of humanity just to feed some petty spite-boner has crossed the line into just being really off-putting and gross, however.
    There's a difference between wishing for, and knowing it's going to happen and deciding to be amused by it, rather than pointlessly angry or sad.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-12-01 at 02:23 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156

BlueKnightGuy

This new Clash feature seems pretty cool.

TL; DR version: A replacement for old ranked queues consisting of in-client tournaments ~twice a month.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

This new Clash feature seems pretty cool.

TL; DR version: A replacement for old ranked queues consisting of in-client tournaments ~twice a month.
    Clash seems legit, I've been saying for years they needed something like it forever, especially since they completely removed actual teams.

I'm very skeptical of smurf elimination for lower ranks, though. While you could probably do something to eliminate smurf accounts (requiring like 100 ranked games before allowing to participate in tournaments or something to ensure rank normalization), at it's core its probably going to be impossible to detect somebody logging onto a lower ranked player's account and playing the tournament.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-12-11 at 05:22 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Which brings the question, which of us want to do this, and with whom? I'd be totally down, but I'm just a silver scrub.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Which brings the question, which of us want to do this, and with whom? I'd be totally down, but I'm just a silver scrub.
    I'd be down to play. It's just a matter of timing for me really.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

The personal shops back! And just as I feared, most of the champs I play I already had skins for. Oh well, probably a good thing for my wallet.
    Last edited by EternalMelon; 2017-12-12 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    I'd be down but I'd probably wait until they announce the particulars about how you sign up and what kind of rank difference the Clash will allow before you start getting a team together.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I'd be down but I'd probably wait until they announce the particulars about how you sign up and what kind of rank difference the Clash will allow before you start getting a team together.
    The blog post mentions that any team is allowed, but that if you have a diamond jungler and 4 bronze friends, they might well get matched against a diamond team and crushed because they don't want to allow someone to smurf.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

14. - Top - End - #164

BlueKnightGuy

I love those. If anyone cares about mine, here it is.
    DM's Guild Work

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep mine's HERE

Some pretty interesting stuff, they added a lot more info this year.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #166

My second most-played champion is also my highest winrate.
    Last edited by thracian; 2017-12-18 at 09:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Most played: Miss Fortune, Lucian, Evelynn (no one is surprised)

Highest Winrate: Sejuani (again, no one is surprised)

18. - Top - End - #168

My year in review seems a bit... suspect.

Thresh is listed as first of my top 3 champions with the most games played - which doesn't seem right. Also, apparently I played 42 games with him and flashed only 8 times? It also claims I threw nearly 3k hooks (66/game), but only used my ult 18 times (0.42 times per game)...

Also, it says in top 3 champs that I have 30 Caitlyn games and 24 Ezreal games. Then a bit further down under "most played champions", it claims 29 Caitlyn and 21 Ezreal games.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, I play Pantheon a lot.

Though I wish there could be a distinction between highest winrate between ARAM and SR. My highest is 68% as Mundo but I only play him in ARAM so I don’t really see that counting. He’s broken in ARAM.

It also suggests I should play Teemo.

Reinboom, I want to lodge a complaint. Riot should never suggest people play Teemo.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-12-18 at 11:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

I had a 127:1 KDA on Aurelion Sol apparently.

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I only ever played him in PvP once and otherwise just beat up bots.

In fact, a lot of the stats are useless because when I play the game, I play at least one Co-op vs. AI game per day. This hilariously skews all of my stats, as I normally play mid when I can in coop so I don't have to fight for CS.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Heh. I both died to and killed Vayne the most.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    My year in review seems a bit... suspect.

Thresh is listed as first of my top 3 champions with the most games played - which doesn't seem right. Also, apparently I played 42 games with him and flashed only 8 times? It also claims I threw nearly 3k hooks (66/game), but only used my ult 18 times (0.42 times per game)...

Also, it says in top 3 champs that I have 30 Caitlyn games and 24 Ezreal games. Then a bit further down under "most played champions", it claims 29 Caitlyn and 21 Ezreal games.
    Most played champion divides by role.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Heimerdinger can't beat me, and apparently I can't beat Shyvanna. Honestly, I think I only faced Shyvanna once? Also, I apparently almost never flash as Anivia, but that makes sense considering how safe I play.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Most played champion divides by role.
    I'm curious which part this is relevant to; the two ADCs having differing numbers? Because I only play Ez bot, and I DEFINITELY only play Cait bot. So it's not like it's knocking off numbers for that.

Although as I think about it, Dark Star is probably why Thresh shows up (and why some of his numbers are wonky); I played quite a bit of that. Seems like they should drop those games from the data, though, since that's definitely going to skew things.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

10700 Snowballs? If that's right it's somewhat concerning. That's an average 10-20 minutes of continually casting it every single day.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Heimerdinger can't beat me, and apparently I can't beat Shyvanna. Honestly, I think I only faced Shyvanna once? Also, I apparently almost never flash as Anivia, but that makes sense considering how safe I play.
    Sion is my hard counter, apparently.

What's funny though is that I have a 50% winrate on Ornn (not hard), but I have a 75% winrate against Ornn. Makes sense, I'm actually sad when Ornn is banned not because I wanted to play him, but because I think he's readily abusable due to his lack of escapes if you just play someone like Olaf or Illaoi or Xin Zhao who can just roll over him.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I'm curious which part this is relevant to; the two ADCs having differing numbers? Because I only play Ez bot, and I DEFINITELY only play Cait bot. So it's not like it's knocking off numbers for that.

Although as I think about it, Dark Star is probably why Thresh shows up (and why some of his numbers are wonky); I played quite a bit of that. Seems like they should drop those games from the data, though, since that's definitely going to skew things.
    Considering Thresh is also in my top 3, pretty much confirmed that dark star data is taken into account, there is no other way that we both somehow have thresh in our top 3 given our usual group.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

these numbers seem... low

no way I only played Gragas 13 times this year.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2017-12-19 at 10:55 AM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I've been playing League of Legends for a year now, on and off. I want to step up my game now and play against Intermediate bots or dip my toes in actual PvP. It's been going well so far, but there's one champion I'd like to play, but I can't crack - Poppy. I just don't seem to have much of an impact as her. Maybe it's just part and parcel of being a tank, or maybe I just need to consistently land heroic charges. Any advice on how to play her?

Another champion I need to get better at is Fiora... but I know how to do well as her. I just need to, well, get better, and that'll take time.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I've been playing League of Legends for a year now, on and off. I want to step up my game now and play against Intermediate bots or dip my toes in actual PvP. It's been going well so far, but there's one champion I'd like to play, but I can't crack - Poppy. I just don't seem to have much of an impact as her. Maybe it's just part and parcel of being a tank, or maybe I just need to consistently land heroic charges. Any advice on how to play her?

Another champion I need to get better at is Fiora... but I know how to do well as her. I just need to, well, get better, and that'll take time.
    If you're struggling with a relatively simple champion like Poppy and not even comfortable playing against Intermediate bots you should not even be attempting to play Fiora. She's much more mechanically intensive to pull off well and is almost useless when she's behind. If you're looking to expand to higher-impact champions there are many others that you should look at before Fiora.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!