New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: I will draw your character

I keep throwing pictures of sariel everywhere thanks artman i am using it whenever possible
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

2. - Top - End - #62

Thanks, glad you like it.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, if I'm only allowed one character, can I have Rhen?
    Spoiler: Quotes from the Playground
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    In fact, I will here formally propose the Zeroth Rule of Gaming: No rule in any game shall be interpreted in a way that breaks the game if it is possible to interpret that rule in a way that does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Good old Jes, the infamous Doppelganger MILF.

(aka "The Doppelbanger")
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Shhhhh, shhhhhh. Be calm, inhale the beholder's wacky float gas and stop worrying.

Adapting published monsters to Eberron: Naturalist's Guide to Eberron Latest: Annis Hag

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

d20 Ok, so I know which one I want, since I’m limited to onRe: I will draw your character

Ok, so I know which one I want, since I’m limited to one (not even a pair? ).

Sir Targan Redblade, of the Holy Order of the Brothers of the Sword, my first AD&D character from waaay back in the 2E days. In the book I’m [pretending to be] writing where he is one of the characters, he is a young man of just 21 summers (in 5E terms, he’s a Ftr 1/ Paladin 1), but I’m looking for a sketch of him a bit later in his career, aged 33 or so and a Ftr 3 [Battle Master, I think]/ Vengeance Paladin 7. At this point in his life he has tried to withdraw from the drama of actively adventuring and such, and has taken an assignment with his Order as a constable overseeing a modest orchard whose function is to produce cider, apple-wine, and apple brandy for sale to generate revenues for the Order (some portion of the beverages produced is also supplied to the Order’s outposts in the regions). Fate will soon be dragging him back into intrigue, drama, and danger, though….

So, what does he look like? Not much, actually. If there’s anything at all remarkable about his appearance, it would only be his eyes which are a striking ice-blue. Other than that, he is slightly shorter than is typical for the men of his homeland (i.e. if the average is 5’8”, he is just 5’6”), and is neither strikingly handsome nor shockingly ugly (this, coupled with his lack of stature and wealth, meant in his younger days the maidens tended to favor the other knights-in-training, and often resented him whenever he managed to beat one of the favorites in bouts during arms training). He is a bit on the stocky side, with shoulders broadened by a youth spent training for knighthood, and a brief stint as an armorer’s apprentice before being taken as a squire by his Order. His hair is a dark brown, and would fall to his shoulders if kept loose, but he usually has it tied back in a queue. The bylaws of his Order do not permit sworn Brothers to be bare-faced, and so he wears his facial hair in a set of mutton-chops (basically, think James Hetfield back in the day when they released Load, or look at the armored dude in my avatar).An old, thin scar runs from just in front of his right sideburn forward and down to about an inch above his jawline (it does not go into the beard). While he is of the gentry, his family has always had more history and reputation than they did money, and so his clothing and equipment, while of good quality, is mostly functional and utilitarian, lacking much of the embellishment and ostentation favored by wealthier nobility.

I am including as examples pictures of the sort of helmet, armor, and greatsword he uses in battle. Over the armor, he wears a tabard with the symbol of his Order (a set of scales, on one side bearing a dragon grasping a sword, while on the other, an emblem representing what division of the Order the person in question serves in- in Targan’s case, a book). Over the tabard would be a leather belt, with a rondel dagger at the left hip and a warhammer behind it. On his right hip hangs his backup longsword (Sir Targan is left-handed, BTW).

greatsword example

armor (but without the stupid pointy toes on the sabatons)

helm

another armor

same harness, different angle

longsword example, worn on right hip

yet another angle

middle is another possible greatsword or longsword example
    Last edited by Batou1976; 2017-11-22 at 07:40 PM. Reason: add images. Also- st00pid monkey >:\

5. - Top - End - #65

Beholder

A scruffy human knight with goggles and a British Brodie Helmet. The helmet should have 2 eyestalks and a smile, a stylized Flumph. They don't have to be huge eyestalks and you can skip the dangly tentacles. If you desire adding a weapon a big ole 2 handed mace or maul would work. The character is called The Flumph and is a Mystery Men style vigilante. A Fighter/Warlock if you are familiar with 5e.

Thanks in advance.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Artman77 glad to see you are still around. Was wondering if you would be up for making a half janni halfling paladin riding on an ashworm in the desert, or just the character in a desert with desert clothing. I have begun branching out into Dming after the great games you ran for me and was hoping for some custom art.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know you've got a lot of requests, but I'd love if you could do one of my characters- your art is gorgeous. (Seriously, I can't believe you're doing this for free and so attentively. You are fantastic.) Whichever one you think would be most fun to draw- I love all my babies.

The first is a human wild magic sorcerer named Sauwell Remorais. He's actually a revenant, having been killed by impalement through the torso by a leviathan. He's outwardly cold and confident, but secretly horrified by his existence and miserable that he can't return to his family. He instead puts it aside, focusing on slaying the beast not only for revenge but for the safety of others. He is water oriented, all of his magic relating to it and its manipulation. He keeps a sea snail with him in a suspended sphere of water. Sauwell claims the snail is a 'good luck charm', but in reality when he awoke from his death on the ocean floor, he found the snail on him and took it as a sign. He named it after the family dog.
    My crappy reference sheet Art I commissioned. His hair should be a bit longer and wavier but oh well Sketch Bleb

If you'd like a real challenge, I have a Crucian dragon shaman named Roruk. I took artistic liberties with the design, because canonically Crucians are butt ugly. He's a little old man who uses his Warhammer like a walking stick and he is sweet and pure.
    Actually colored 1 2 3

This is my Halfling ranger. Trondi was abandoned in the woods as an infant and was pretty much raised by the local wildlife. Their mount/animal companion is the creature that took on the maternal role, a Phynxkin named Kaja. The Halfling is very childish, and is fascinated by civilization. They love clothes and always have their hair covered by a hijab, cloak, robe, or hat. They are androgynous.
    1 2 3 4
    Last edited by LunarDrop; 2018-01-13 at 10:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

These are all so awesome by the way!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

I am loving your style!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Artman77 View Post
    Thanks guys, glade you like!

oh.... and:

Phraint
    Spoiler: jumping into action
    Show

Spoiler: portrait
    Show
    Thank you,
    Those are great!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Could you do a lizardfolk paladin?

Kothar:
    A tall, burly lizardman. He goes unarmored, but carries an axe and a shield.

Kothar's scales are dark green, and he has a lighter green crest on his head.

He wears a pair of black leather goggles with glowing green lenses.

The axe is iron, double bladed, with golden inlay in the shape of flames on the blades. It's a flaming axe.

The shield is a simple, round, metal shield with a lightning bolt on it.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #72

Hmm. It seems you're looking for things you would enjoy drawing. Also, you're a lot better with color than I am. As the character I wish to illustrate is very colorful, I shall make a request.
    Spoiler: Forsythia
    Show
    She is a female fey. Slight build(5' 3"). Slender. Golden curly hair. Large eyes of any two colors(the colors shift). Slightly pointed ears. Pale yellow dress. Yellow slippers. Large velvet butterfly wings(look up pictures of fairies). Pale blue umbrella. Very cheerful(she is naive and innocent). My present avatar is Linkele's OotS interpretation. Hair ought to be more golden, and wings should be more fairylike.

If you draw her: thank you. If not, 'tis a pity. You're really good at this.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2018-02-06 at 05:26 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Artman hasn’t been here for a while...

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

That's some truly sweet art, Artman. Respect.

By the way, your shop link in your sig is broken. You need to link to shop/Wingminds instead.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mind if I ask if you can draw a character of mine?

Very basic character, really. He’s a Bronze Dragon (Former Wizard) with dark green eyes, and a bit of pudge to him (My party’s doing, honest). Very basic appearance, generally travels a lot, though always lives near the sea (as is customary for a Bronze Dragon). He’s rather regal, though he always had a slight smile/smirk to him.

If you ever get around to doing it, PM me. I’d love to see what you come up with. (Thanks I’m advance, if you do)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

It looks like I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hoping there's still a little energy left in the after party.

I'm a DM, and I'm running into some trouble finding some simple NPCs. Most fantasy art is pretty epic, and I'd prefer them to be more common. I'm mostly just trying to put an image to my characters. But if I spent a month drawing each NPC, I still couldn't draw what you described as "quick and dirty." If you can help, I would be obliged. Name your race/class combo, and I'll name a prominent, recurring, nigh-indestructable NPC in my campaign after you; it's the closest I can do to paying you back

I'm looking for Myth Weaver sized thumbnails of the following NPCs:
    • Middle aged male halfling miller and devotee of Dallah Thaun (CN Halfling Goddess).
    • Middle aged male musician with vitilligo.
    • Adult male halfling wood etcher artist.
    • Adult female halfling/elf bookkeeper.

These are the hardest ones to find. I think I can come up with something for the others. Any or all of these would be awesome. Please, and thank you.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2018-03-31 at 06:26 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I don't know if Artman is still doing this, but thought I might as well ask. These are my two characters, either one is fine.
    Spoiler: Ghesh (Primary Character)
    Show
    Looks: Ghesh is a bronze Dragonborn Paladin of Vengeance(This is 5e). He has a whopping 20 strength, wears chainmail and holy symbol of Odin(A "watching blue eye") in the form of an amulet. He carries a magical sword and a metal shield.
    Personality: Ghesh is pretty chill, to the point of letting the Gnome Wizard ride on his shoulder. He aspires to open a restaurant once he avenges his family by killing a lich.

Spoiler: Ivor (Secondary Character)
    Show
    Looks: Ivor is a Half-Elf Warlock of the Great Old One(Still 5e). He wears no armor, but wields a meat cleaver in one hand and a rod in the other. His clothes are cooks' clothes.
    Personality: Strangely, Ivor, the guy who made a pact with a dead god, is the moral compass of the group. He's a brewmaster and cook, which leads to him having a fin appreciation for the culinary arts. His goal in life is to become a god of cooking, eating, and drinking.

If you could make either of these, Artman, I would be beyond happy! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-04-14 at 08:09 PM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

your work is nice

19. - Top - End - #79

Thanks everyone for your interest. This thread is temporally paused/under construction/on hiatus.
    Reasons:
    • Work: Work has gone from 40 hrs/week to 60 hrs/week.
    • Baby: My one-year-old is teething
    • Life change: We bought a house and are settling in to a new routine.
    • Other Opportunities: I have intermittent opportunities to do some paid work.

I do enjoy this though, and if I A; find some more free time, or B; get my sleep schedule on track, or C; buy a new tablet, art requests will commence.
    Thanks again for your interest and kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by mila.22 View Post
    Do you have an album with your works? Maybe a site or other?
    I post most of my art to my tumblr feed, link to which is in my sig.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry to hear that you can't continue drawing, but congrats on the house! And good luck baby proofing it.

And hey, you'll return...I mean, that kid has to go to college sometime, right? Seriously, come back, I wanted a drawing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

New house, paying work, baby... Rocks to be you! Hope to see your art here again sometime.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.