New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: apple id issues

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

frown apple id issues

I found one of my dad's old iphones and want to reset it entirely. whenever i go to reset it it asks for the password for his old apple id, but the account was long ago deleted. I don't quite trust apple stores, so are there any other options?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: apple id issues

Have you tried to appeal to the apple ego? If you lob it over the plate, I'ma take a swing.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by stewstew5 View Post
    I found one of my dad's old iphones and want to reset it entirely. whenever i go to reset it it asks for the password for his old apple id, but the account was long ago deleted. I don't quite trust apple stores, so are there any other options?
    Ask your dad for the old password?

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by snafuy View Post
    Ask your dad for the old password?
    that's the issue. we both know the password, the account itself no longer exists

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

5. - Top - End - #5

DwarfFighterGuy

The account is dead, but the iphone still thinks it's alive. It's probably not even asking the server yet.

That said, I don't think you should need the old password?
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/rem...ts-ipod-touch/

You should just be able to plug it into your iTunes (not his), and click "Restore" to reset it to factory defaults. Does this not work? Or were you trying it on his iTunes maybe?