New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Well well well... it's a race then, is it?

Final Round Begins

Whoops... Fenn should be at 3 strain, not 4.

Remember, you have to secure all the data caches and survive to the end of the round. If I get Fenn, this is all over.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 08:17 AM.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

This has been a challenging mission, but I think you can pull it off - it's down to how you play it out now.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

I definitely shouldn't go first. I think Fenn needs to go first unless someone can kill both infiltraters and block the droid
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll go first. Give me a few minutes to get to a computer.
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

5. - Top - End - #305

Fenn takes a deep breath and grabs the data info.

"It's up to you guys! See you in the ship."

1st action: Rest
    Strain move to H6
    Tact Movement to inspect cache
    2nd action: move to K6 and hide!!!

PS: I took the safe approach - being the target of only one guy and if it follows me. My inside wnated to use the second action to blast the two imperial infiltrators but that would certainly not be enough and risk a lot.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Let's see how you did...

Spoiler: Players keep out
    Show
    1 2

(1d6)[5](5)

...well that was wrong, but I guess I'll use standard 50/50 division and treat that as the higher branch of results, so it's a "2"
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 01:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Your strike has taken too long, and the Empire's closing in...

• Imperial player increases Threat by 2

One Infiltrator targets Fenn, second targets Shyla.

(BG)(2d6)[4][3](7)
    (B)(1d6)[3](3)

(BG)(2d6)[6][6](12)
    (B)(1d6)[2](2)

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Rerolling second blue die: (1d6)[5](5)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... and with that, I cannot catch and murder Fenn this round. So now I have to hold that data cache...

Rebel Turn

10. - Top - End - #310

Shyla can win this for us. Just kill the ISB (easier with her focused status) and with her 3 move the cash is ours. If any other enters the fray the probe will get to the cash.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

She's got to avoid that Dodge result, though. Whole reason I didn't just up and surrender. As long as the ISB is next to that cache, I still have a 1/6 chance of winning.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 01:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, this looks like its down to Shyla, I can't do much here to help.

I could move and get an attack on the ISB infiltrator, but if I do that, the probe droid double moves and we likely just lose, even if vito can get a shot on it, we probably can't kill it.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean I may as well check the defense roll now, see if you're done in.

(W)(1d6)[1](1)

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Can we just call that a win? :)

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Can we just call that a win? :)
    I mean, Shyla could still...

...yeah.

Rebel Victory
    "We're clear; pull us out!" Shyla calls through her comlink. You sprint out of the base and climb into the shuttle amidst blaster fire. As you catch your breath, you see Shyla sit down in the corner, continuing to read and reread the recovered datapads.

Shyla Varad receives Mandalorian Heritage.

End of Mission

Each player receives 1 XP. The Rebels receive 400 credits. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Rebel Command is urging you back to Yavin as fast as possible - it appears that the evacuation is going poorly. You will need to report back in all haste.

Here are your item purchase options. The party has earned 400 credits from the mission, plus 50 for loot seized in the course of the mission, and had 100 at the start of the mission, for a total of 550.

Spoiler: Items
    Show

The Empire has used its Influence on a new Agenda: Restorative Supplies
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 03:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317

The Mandalorian heritage is a really powerfull boost to Shyla. Nice!!

About the agenda: can you use it every turn or just once per game?

About the itens: The combat coat for white dice heroes or the E-11 for Fenn (a slight improvement over his rifle) seem the best of the ones present.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

That DOC Defender looks sexy as hell

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I can use the agenda card once per mission.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. I suspect the Combat Coat would be more of an asset to Vinto than Diala, since she can reroll her defenses and is also a witch who rolls 6 all the bloody time.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-05 at 03:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Hahaha oh wow I won the game without even posting anything. As for spending money on things, I think I'll let others weigh in on what they have in mind for their characters before making a decision just yet.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

My fault for rolling my own defense die, Blazmo. I was hoping to pull a nasty surprise out... instead, I just confirmed that you could beat me under any circumstance. I hope you're happy with your reward card.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone have any further thoughts about spending/saving the funds? Also, if you're planning on using any XP, let me know.

Diala
    Spoiler: Diala's summary card
    Show
    Abilities
    • Force Adept

Items
    • Bacta Pump
    • Plasteel Staff (starter)

Rewards

XP: 1

Fenn
    Spoiler: Fenn's summary card
    Show
    Abilities
    • Tactical Movement

Items
    • Infantry Rifle (starter) with Under-Barrel HH-4

Rewards

Shyla
    Spoiler: Shyla's summary card
    Show
    Abilities
    • All-Out Attack

Items
    • Duelist's Blade (starter)

Rewards
    • Mandalorian Heritage

Vinto
    Spoiler: Vinto's summary card
    Show
    Abilities
    • Pinpoint Shot

Items
    • Hair-Trigger Pistol (starter)

Rewards

23. - Top - End - #323

If Vinto wants the coat he should have it.

I will keep the XP for a later ability

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    If Vinto wants the coat he should have it.

I will keep the XP for a later ability
    The coat's nice.....that blaster is nicer, but would take all our money.

Am I correct in thinking that basically every 2 turns I could get 3 attacks out of 1 attack action with it? Would I be able to use it as a normal blaster while it is exhausted or would I have to revert to my original one?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

This is the DDC Defender you're describing? The double arrow symbol means "spend 2 actions," so you could do it every turn, spending your whole turn to make 3 attacks. It does not become exhausted; only the word "exhaust" exhausts a card. It can also be fired normally, as you prefer.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    This is the DDC Defender you're describing? The double arrow symbol means "spend 2 actions," so you could do it every turn, spending your whole turn to make 3 attacks. It does not become exhausted; only the word "exhaust" exhausts a card. It can also be fired normally, as you prefer.
    Ok. I was confusing that with the tap icon from magic the gathering. Still think its a cool blaster

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

It's certainly a useful tool, though of course less accuracy than other weapons.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I can use the agenda card once per mission.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves. I suspect the Combat Coat would be more of an asset to Vinto than Diala, since she can reroll her defenses and is also a witch who rolls 6 all the bloody time.

Vinto, I suggest not getting the Pistol. It really looks good if you can devote your turn to shooting people in the face. But to do that, you need to be in position, which means either you are vulnerable (and will get shot), or need to be moved along by allies, and we really can't do that yet. The Coat looks to me like the thing to get here for you. The longer you can last in the firefight, the more chances you will get to fire twice.

I am good on items, and will for now keep my 1 XP. But Force throw looks... really nice.
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2017-11-05 at 07:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post

Vinto, I suggest not getting the Pistol. It really looks good if you can devote your turn to shooting people in the face. But to do that, you need to be in position, which means either you are vulnerable (and will get shot), or need to be moved along by allies, and we really can't do that yet. The Coat looks to me like the thing to get here for you. The longer you can last in the firefight, the more chances you will get to fire twice.
    That makes sense....and I am just finally understanding what is and isn't a good roll on my current pistol.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Also, something that I don't think everyone knows - you can do actions in the middle of a move. Every time you take a move, you gain <speed> movement points that can be spent over the course of your entire turn.

Which means you can totally move a bit, attack, and use the rest of your movement to get back behind cover. Which the stormtroopers keep doing because we keep standing out asking to get shot at.

My current XP plan is to turn myself into a buff engine / skirmisher:
    2 XP -> Battle meditation (When I use a rest, I an make a test against my insight, if I pass anybody I want becomes Focused (1 extra green die on next action). Seems REALLY good for our group)
    1 XP -> Force Throw (Non action during my turn using 2 strain to move someone 3 squares, enemy or ally. Have to do an insight test, but I'm good at that. With battle meditation, the extra resting that I will do will become worth it.)
    3 XP -> art of movement (+1 speed, can just ignore difficult terrain / enemy figures for movement. Note that if Fenn tactical movement's me, this still applies (not the speed, the rest)!)
    Any further XP will be banked until it hits 4 or we hit the final mission.