New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Since i am stuck on the outside of a blast door i can't blow open in one turn, and we are down to one unwounded player, I vote surrender/retreat

I would like to know what we could have done better/different.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Ouch, yeah I think surrender is more or less the only viable option we have left at this point.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

We should at least try to get the last container for extra money, IMO. But if majority rules otherwise, surrender.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I'm willing to cede the 50 credit reward for the final container. Fair?
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fair. Let's move on then!
    Creativity is my weapon of choice!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Alright then.

Imperial Victory
    Imperial soldiers pour out of the forest on all sides; the beacon has done its job, and you have to run. With so many of the Imperial survivors getting organized, Rebel ground troops are going to have their hands full.

The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.

End of Mission

Each player receives 1 XP. The Rebels receive 400 credits. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Rebel Command has asked your team to head to the Mandalore sector to support efforts there, feeling Shyla Varad's familarity will help the cause. While you know of a mission in need of support on Ordo, Shyla has a personal agenda she's been dwelling on for some time, and Mandalore is right there...

The following side missions are available. Choose one; the other will be reshuffled into the side mission deck.

Spoiler: Side Missions
    Show

Here are your item purchase options. The party has earned 400 credits from the mission, plus 300 for loot seized in the course of the mission.

Spoiler: Items
    Show

Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-30 at 03:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    I would like to know what we could have done better/different.
    Partly you just got screwed by that door coming down and splitting your ranged attackers from your melee fighters, to say nothing of isolating my two priority targets with a whole bunch of new enemies. It's a very very difficult first mission, stressing the need to focus on objectives and support one another. Nevertheless, this is only the beginning - the game is calibrated to make the next story mission more challenging for the side that won this one, so you're going in with a slight advantage.

9. - Top - End - #129

Fenn would greatly benefit from the E11 and the underbarrel mod. But that's the whole 700 creds... But if anyone has other ideas, I believe the underbarrel is important.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Mission: Born from Death

Let's try to buff our Mandalorian!

Items
    I suggest I get the Bacta Tank, since I seem to be using a LOT of strain. I'm also planning on grabbing 'Force Adept', which can let me help you guys reroll a single die. Unless anyone thinks a weapon upgrade would help them more. The armor also looks pretty tempting for similar reasons.

XP
    Force Adept, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding Items

• Each Hero may carry two weapons, one armor, and three accessories
    • Modifications do not count against this total. Each weapon has its modification slots located in the lower right hand corner.
    • A weapon cannot have more than one modification of the same type.
    • You may sell items for half their cost. Items without a listed cost sell for 50 credits.

Note on the Charge Pistol: the second surge ability gives you a damage power token, effectively 1 point of "banked" damage which you may spend on a later attack. A Hero can hold only two power tokens at a time and can spend only one per attack.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-30 at 03:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I would like to go for the Born from Death mission. I will spend the XP on all-out attack and I'm OK with foregoing any items just yet as it seems like a lot of people want something.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Just to advise, XP does not have to be spent; it can be banked. That said, 1XP abilities tend to be pretty good.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Being an utter noob at this, is there an order that the dice are in in terms of 'goodness' for weapons? Red dice seem the best for damage (but have no accuracy) and after that maybe Blue, Green, Yellow in order?

I'm good without additional equipment atm (though that combat coat looks sexy)

Also, I'll be buying Pinpoint Shot with my xp. Am I correct in thinking that it basically removes all symbols from both attack and block die rolls, but I still have to get enough accuracy, and effectively it will mean I deal 1 damage if I use it?

I vote for Born From Death. Let's kill us some Deathwatch.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Being an utter noob at this, is there an order that the dice are in in terms of 'goodness' for weapons? Red dice seem the best for damage (but have no accuracy) and after that maybe Blue, Green, Yellow in order?
    It depends on what synergizes with you. Red is excellent for melee (and often seen on stronger melee weapons) because it has literally no accuracy. Blue is best for range. Green is a solid all-round die. Yellow is surge-heavy and the only die with double-surge as a possible result (though still only 1 in 6). There's no "best" or "worst" die unless you know the particulars of what you're looking for. Want to use surges more? Yellow. Consistent value? Green. Top-flight range? Blue. All damage all the time? Red.

Also, I'll be buying Pinpoint Shot with my xp. Am I correct in thinking that it basically removes all symbols from both attack and block die rolls, but I still have to get enough accuracy, and effectively it will mean I deal 1 damage if I use it?
    Yes indeed.

Alright, so it looks like we have a majority vote for Born From Death, and Fenn wants the Under-Barrel while Diala wants the Bacta Reacta, and both Shyla and Vinto are passing on items for now.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

With that understanding in mind, and feel free to correct me, we'll do the accounting:

Rebel Credits

Imperial Influence

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Mission II: Born From Death

You drop down from your shuttle outside the base and are immediately met with blaster fire. Shyla curses under her breath: "It was a trap, they knew we were coming."

Your pilot comes in on your comlink: "It seems this is a little hotter than we were expecting. I should be able to scramble the doors and get you guys in soon, but you'll have to hold your own for a while. Light 'em up, Shyla."

Mission-Specific Rules

• Doors are locked.
    • The mission will progress at the end of round 2. The mission ends at the end of round 6 or when all heroes are wounded.

Mission Map

Claim your positions on or adjacent to the entrance token, let me know if there are any issues with XP spend/items, and then we'll begin with a Rebel's turn first.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Start at H2

Force Adept heuristics: Anyone may claim a reroll of one die on an attack a round from Force adept, so long as I am at < 4 strain. Please use it only if you think it will make a significant difference, so we can leave it open for others. If I'm at 0 strain (like right now), I'm fine with giving out 2 rerolls.

Attack Die Rerolls available (from Force Adept): 2

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Deploy at H1

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

I forgot to specify: I would like to go third or fourth, again. Others, feel free to take the lead.

21. - Top - End - #141

Fenn will use his Xp to buy Tactical Movement.

He will deploy at G2

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Deploy at F2.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

It looks like we just need one of us to take the first turn. As noted I would like to go third or fourth.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

I will start.

Vinto pokes his head out, letting out a spray of blasterfire before retreating back behind

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto Hreeda, Reckless Vigilante
    Damage: 0/11
    Strain: 2/4
    Speed: 4
    Unwounded

Actions/Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Taking 2 strain to move to I2 then back to H1 aftwr attacks.

Attack 1 vs K6 trooper BY - (2d6)[4][5](9)
    Trooper defense roll B - (1d6)[6](6)

Attack 2 vs k6 trooper (or k3 trooper if i kill k6) BY - (2d6)[4][1](5)
    Trooper defense roll B - (1d6)[6](6)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Rerolling attack 2 by - (2d6)[1][5](6)

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Pretty much same with reroll

Attack 1: 1 damage, 2 surge, 5 range vs 1 (thing that negates a surge) and 4 needed range. Using 1 surge remaining for damage, 2 damage to trooper at k6

Using Boltslinger to deal 1 damage to K3.

Attack 2: 2 surge, 4 range vs 1 (thing that negates surge) and 4 needed range. Using 1 remaining surge for damage, 1 damage to trooper (3 total damage, trooper dies)

Using Boltslinger to deal 1 damage to K3.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty, Strike Force Jet Troopers, do your thing!

Against Diala: (BG)(2d6)[5][2](7)
    (W)[rolllv]1d6[/rollv]

Against Shyla: (BG)(2d6)[2][1](3)
    (B)[rolllv]1d6[/rollv]

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

(W)(1d6)[4](4), (B)(1d6)[5](5)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Alright well Diala eats 2 damage, heuristic's orders. Shyla... I have rerolls but they're utterly inconsequential, so she gets off free. The Jet Troopers use their mobility to hide.

Rebel turn

Reminder: squares outlined in blue are difficult terrain and require 2 movement points to enter. Figures with Mobile (including Jet Troopers and Probe Droids) ignore this penalty.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-10-31 at 03:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I'll go next.

Shyla Varad
    Health 12/12
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Moving to C5

Attacking Stormtrooper in B4 while using Duellist Blade's third ability, which replaces the yellow die with a red one.

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GR: (2d6)[6][5](11)
    Stormtrooper Defence roll Black: (1d6)[5](5)

After action:
    Health 12/12
    Strain 0/4
    Injured? No
    Conditions None

Shyla ignores the jet troopers for now, and goes searching for the nearest enemy she can get her hands on. She manages to sneak up on a stormtrooper and lets loose a savage cry as she swings for all she's worth at him.