New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Imperial Assault

Remaining Probe Droid will shoot at Vinto.

(BYY)(3d6)[4][2][1](7)
    (W)(1d6)[5](5)
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it's enough surges to do some damage regardless. 3 damage total, 1 recover.

Round End

Imperial player earns 2 Threat.

This facility must be more important than you realized - the Imperial Security Bureau has dispatched a strike force to expel you!

Deploying ISB Infiltrators for 5 Threat.

Round 4 begins
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Diala sees the guys come in, "More guys coming in! Be careful!"

Diala Passil

Health 8/12
    Strain 2/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None
    Companions None

Bacta heals 1 strain
    Move, spending 2 on the cache I'm adjacent to. Move to J15
    Move I15, grab that cache for 2.

Don't see anything more useful to use my remaining 1 on.

After action
    Health 8/12
    Strain 1/5
    Injured? No
    Conditions None
    Companions None
    Last edited by Gralamin; 2017-11-03 at 07:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Players keep out
    Show
    1-3 4-5 6

(1d6)[4](4)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Accessing the data without authorization has triggered an alarm. The Imperials will surely be here soon!

• Imperial player gains 2 Threat.

You have drawn a Power Generator! Let's see if you're willing to burn 50 credits to use it though...

Probe Droid falls back to fire on Diala.

(BYY)(3d6)[1][3][1](5)
    (W)(1d6)[5](5)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, 2 more damage isn't terrible. It's not good, but it's not terrible.
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-03 at 08:00 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like I miscommunicated. Fro and I are working out a fix.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Players keep out
    Show
    1-3 4 5

(1d5)[2](2)

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The data takes time to access, and the Imperials aren't wasting theirs!

• Up to two Imperial figures gain 3 movement points.

Otherwise same as above. Looks like you've got a fighting chance now.

Rebel Turn

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

I really think we need to kill that eweb.
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Nonsense he is your best friend and boon companion.

Gonna make a play for him? You could quite possibly seize that cache...
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-03 at 09:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Vinto steps forward and opens up on the trooper he can see.

Pre-Activation Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto Hreeda, Reckless Vigilante
    Damage: 3/11
    Strain: 3/4
    Speed: 4
    Unwounded

Actions/Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Move to K8 (1 strain)

Attack 1 vs trooper at H8 BY - (2d6)[4][5](9)
    Defense B - (1d6)[2](2)

Attack 2 vs trooper at H8 BY - (2d6)[4][6](10)
    Defense B - (1d6)[3](3)
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2017-11-03 at 11:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Rerolling attack 2 to get some maybe better results BY - (2d6)[6][5](11)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that sucked more.

Attack 1: 1 damage 2 surge, 5 range vs 1 block, 3 needed range. Turning 1 surge into damage and 1 surge into recovery for strain. Deals 1 damage to stormie.

Attack 2: 1 damage, 1 surge, 7 range vs 2 block, 3 needed range. Using Pinpoint Shot to turn this into 1 damage, plus weaken on the stormie. Shame I couldn't kill him.

Post-Activation Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vinto Hreeda, Reckless Vigilante
    Damage: 3/11
    Strain: 3/4
    Speed: 4
    Unwounded

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Any reason you didn't reroll the first? Or make use of Diala's reroll on the first yellow die?
    Last edited by afroakuma; 2017-11-03 at 11:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't want to risk not doimg amy damage on it for my reroll. I forgot about Diala's option.

Diala, if you feel the strain is worth probably killing the trooper, feel free to use your ability on the yellow die of my first roll.
    Last edited by tigerusthegreat; 2017-11-03 at 11:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Gral's authorized it per her heuristic, since Diala's not hurting for strain right now. I recommend yellow die from the first attack roll.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, then y from first attack - (1d6)[6](6)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Go ahead and Use it!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Ammending attack 1 to surge for damage. 2 damage to stormie along with 1 from the second attack means a dead stormie.

I am at 4/4 strain since i did not recover with a surge.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Funnily enough, it looks like that lets you Boltslinger that Probe Droid twice. I assume you'd like to do that?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Funnily enough, it looks like that lets you Boltslinger that Probe Droid twice. I assume you'd like to do that?
    If i have los yes. I didn't think i did

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

The horizontal red line is dotted, which admits fire but not movement; data caches don't block line of sight. That gives you a perfect diagonal from your SW corner and a wide diagonal from same, and it's within three spaces. I checked it.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Of course now comes the part where I ruthlessly abuse line of sight rules to shoot Vinto with an E-Web Engineer.

(BRY)(3d6)[3][5][6](14)
    (W)(1d6)[6](6)

If that doesn't drop Vinto, and I assume it won't, 2nd one goes to him.

(BRY)(3d6)[3][6][1](10)
    (W)(1d6)[3](3)

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

...alright well I didn't assume it would fail that hard. Blast.

Fenn or Shyla, take it away!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

A suggestion of tactics.

Spoiler: Imperials stay out
    Show

If Shyla moves first, strain moving 1 and whips the probe droid, she has a decent chance of killing it. She then regardless shoots a storm trooper.
    Fenn moves forward, attacks the eweb (and possibly probe if its alive), and grabs an objective. Might be able to get another kill in there.

Next round Vinto starts off with a double rest, and strains 2 somewhere. We re-evaluate as need be.
    I probably go last and run and get the south west cache, so I can spend my last turn trying to help get the remaining cache.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

One thing's for sure, if you can't clear out my forces in the entryway, you'll run out of time before getting to those caches.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: can i access the cache through the dotted lines or not?

Question 2: if they dont move would I have LOS to the stormie on I11 if i move to j8? The walls make it seem like I wouldnt but I didnt think the eweb could hit me or I could hit the probe droid either.

We need to kill the eweb. He a nasty baddie and blocking a cache. Those infiltraters suck too but i think we can maybe get the caches without worrying about them.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tigerusthegreat View Post
    Question: can i access the cache through the dotted lines or not?
    Nope, they block adjacency for movement.

Question 2: if they dont move would I have LOS to the stormie on I11 if i move to j8? The walls make it seem like I wouldnt but I didnt think the eweb could hit me or I could hit the probe droid either.
    Dotted line walls block movement/physical adjacency and melee attacks but not ranged attacks. They represent physical impediments and you can shoot through them as though they were not there. J8 can hit I11.

Solid red walls, like the one parallel to the E-Web Engineer, block both movement and ranged attacks - but line of sight requires the shooter to use any one corner from any of its squares and draw a line to any two target corners - so he literally shot around the wall from his NE corner to your NW and SW corners. Careful positioning gives you cover from enemies that you can still pelt with shots, at least until they find a better vector to you...

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    A suggestion of tactics.

Spoiler: Imperials stay out
    Show

If Shyla moves first, strain moving 1 and whips the probe droid, she has a decent chance of killing it. She then regardless shoots a storm trooper.
    Fenn moves forward, attacks the eweb (and possibly probe if its alive), and grabs an objective. Might be able to get another kill in there.

Next round Vinto starts off with a double rest, and strains 2 somewhere. We re-evaluate as need be.
    I probably go last and run and get the south west cache, so I can spend my last turn trying to help get the remaining cache.
    I don't have any ranged weapons, apart from my whip. Is that going to be a problem? Also, which probe droid are you talking about, because I don't think any are within range of my whip no matter which space I move to with strain?
    Last edited by Blazmo; 2017-11-04 at 10:55 AM.