New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" Vol. 3 - Autumn - now on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Hey gang, due to the short timeframe on this because I'm a terrible human who is bad at being on-time, I wanted to let you know that the Holiday Ornament and some new t-shirt designs are now up at CafePress. Also, if you missed any of the older "battle ornament" designs, I brought those back so you can now get a full set of all 6 members of the Order. I am still working on one more t-shirt design, but it will be kid-oriented, so if you don't have kids to shop for, everything's there now.

I'm not going to do the whole promotional blitz until I get another comic done (tomorrow? ish?), but it's going to be tight to get stuff shipped in time for Christmas for overseas customers, so I wanted to let you know as soon as they were up.
    In regards to the battle ornament, I can't find the word "anathma" when I google it. Is it supposed to be "anathema"?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Yep, that's a typo. I had seen it and fixed it in my original file and forgot to upload the corrected one to CafePress.

It's fixed now. Luckily, it looks like none have been printed yet, so no one is going to get the wrong thing.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Just a quick question, I'm hoping someone can help me - the PDF helpfully gives out size enhancements to give to print a medium miniature as a large and so on, but are there similar numbers for printing large as medium? I might need a good number of slightly-smaller-giant-spiders soon and I worry the Legion sheet ones might be slightly too large.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Don't worry, there's a page of "Townspeople" planned for the Winter set.
    Sweet! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Charing View Post
    Just a quick question, I'm hoping someone can help me - the PDF helpfully gives out size enhancements to give to print a medium miniature as a large and so on, but are there similar numbers for printing large as medium? I might need a good number of slightly-smaller-giant-spiders soon and I worry the Legion sheet ones might be slightly too large.
    What I've taken to doing is screencapping the pages with a particular mini I want, then pasting and cropping it into a graphics program so I can make any modifications I need. First off, it lets me make my own legion sheets if I need a different composition from what's on the one in the PDF, but I can also paste a creature of its normal size next to a creature of the size I want them to be, then scale the first creature's slip to the second's. It's how I turned Tiny imps into Small mephits, and scaled a few Large stone golems down for a Medium galeb duhr and its animated boulders. It's also let me do things like swap a tiefling's head onto a ranger's body for one of my players. Even when the PDFs don't have exactly the mini I need, they provide a great base that I can modify for my needs. And man, is it so much easier than trying to track down traditional minis for anything that isn't a bog-standard archetype, especially for females of any race other than human or elf. There's no way I'd have found an accurate mini for a half-goblin-half-flying-kobold sorceress at the comic shop, but a few modifications to the half-fiend goblin in the Spring pack do the trick nicely.

At the risk of sounding any more like a commercial, these things have been a great buy.

5. - Top - End - #35

So, there's a Western Hag in this set, and a Tin Golem, and Flying Monkeys, a Straw Golem and even a Rag Doll. Which set has the Awakened Lion and Kansas Farm Girl?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

d20 Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" Vol. 3 - Autumn - now on sale!

Using A Monster For Every Season minis as game characters for Cutthroat Caverns.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just wondering if there's any update on a likely release time for the Winter set beside the March date in the OP. My campaign should be finishing up the dungeon they're currently exploring in the next couple weeks, after which I'm planning a raid on the local thieves' guild. With rogues being in the Winter set, it'd be super helpful to know if it was coming before then, or if I should start looking at which minis from the current sets I can repurpose.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Same here. I just started a campaign using the line art minis, and I allow my players to color in their own, which they love. They've decided to make an unexpected detour to the Underdark, which means that suddenly I need a lot more drow than I thought I would this early. Help?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Question Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" Vol. 3 - Autumn - now on sale!

@GIANT: First of all, THANK YOU, Giant, for creating these amazing printable minis and your wonderful webcomic. The awesomeness and affordability of these minis inspired me to become a DM for the first time. I could never get into flat tokens on the grid and plastic/metal miniatures are way out of my budget. It is simply too much fun to put together the minis and dream of future encounters to throw at my players.

@PLAYGROUND: How are you storing your printed miniatures? I estimate that I have already printed 600-900 minis, and I am running out of room. I found stackable storage containers online that have 50 compartments for storing arts, crafts, Legos, etc), but I am running out of space. Each of the compartments can hold 10-15 medium-sized creatures; but I only like to combine them if they are highly similar (e.g., 10 orcs, 10 male dwarves, 12 female dwarves). Combining 10 dissimilar Fey together feels disorganized.

I have 3 sets of these containers and I only have only printed enough minis for 3 of my 9 major settlements of my campaign. I do not want to buy 6 more of these storage containers as they are $30 each, but I want to remain organized. What can I do? Do I need to surrender my desire for organization and simply dump 100s of minis in 12 quart storage boxes, and then sort through the boxes each week? If I keep using my current method, I'll go broke.

Finally, a word of advice: use cardstock. The Giant is completely accurate that cardstock is best. Cardstock is not only good for using a mini week after week; but it is necessary if you are going to stack them on top of each other, which is necessary if you want to store them cheaply. The extra "cost" of cardstock is definitely worth the time and energy you will save due to remaking many of your minis because you decided to be cheap and have them get destroyed in storage.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

These are great. I wish I had extra money to buy these.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drivebyflarking View Post
    Same here. I just started a campaign using the line art minis, and I allow my players to color in their own, which they love. They've decided to make an unexpected detour to the Underdark, which means that suddenly I need a lot more drow than I thought I would this early. Help?
    Copy the line versions of the various elves, and let your players color them in Drow-Style. Actually, there are typically a couple of drow characters in each of the "Class" groups - fighters, clerics, rangers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog Logs View Post
    @PLAYGROUND: How are you storing your printed miniatures? I estimate that I have already printed 600-900 minis, and I am running out of room. I found stackable storage containers online that have 50 compartments for storing arts, crafts, Legos, etc), but I am running out of space. Each of the compartments can hold 10-15 medium-sized creatures; but I only like to combine them if they are highly similar (e.g., 10 orcs, 10 male dwarves, 12 female dwarves). Combining 10 dissimilar Fey together feels disorganized.
    I store them unfolded in ziplock/gladlock/your-favorite-lock bags. Sort, unfold, and stack them, and then put each stack in a small ziplock, and put related stacks in a bigger ziplock. Force the air out of each bag before you seal it, and they shouldn't slide around on you. You end up with a big bag of, say seafolk, with several smaller bags of merfolk, tritons, sea elves, sahaguin, and kuo-toans.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2018-01-28 at 08:16 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grog Logs View Post

I have 3 sets of these containers and I only have only printed enough minis for 3 of my 9 major settlements of my campaign. I do not want to buy 6 more of these storage containers as they are $30 each, but I want to remain organized. What can I do? Do I need to surrender my desire for organization and simply dump 100s of minis in 12 quart storage boxes, and then sort through the boxes each week? If I keep using my current method, I'll go broke.
    I've been using stacking craft boxes, but I don't have even remotely so many minis to manage. I can get 24 small creatures into one of the wide boxes, or up to 48 if I stack a second row upside down. I can fit 8 mediums into the small boxes by stacking them opposite each other on their fronts and backs.

One thought I'd had if my collection grows too large was to buy a binder of card pages, and keep the minis flat in the card pockets, but that would mean either having to fold them somewhere to make them lie flat, or not taping them together.

A middle ground option might be to keep the minis in the large, unsorted boxes according to rough groupings (one box of forest creatures, one box of urban creatures, etc.) and then pulling whichever sets you expect to need for the current leg of your campaign into the organized containers ahead of time. It means a little extra work, but it gets you the organization during your play sessions and the bulk storage outside of them.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    ...I store them unfolded in ziplock/gladlock/your-favorite-lock bags. Sort, unfold, and stack them, and then put each stack in a small ziplock, and put related stacks in a bigger ziplock. Force the air out of each bag before you seal it, and they shouldn't slide around on you. You end up with a big bag of, say seafolk, with several smaller bags of merfolk, tritons, sea elves, sahaguin, and kuo-toans.
    Good suggestion! I had not even though of that.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I've always been meaning to buy these, but I was going to wait for Winter and buy the whole set at once. However, since DunDraCon starts tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and buy them now and get a mini for the Pathfinder games I'm planning on playing (and of course all the other cool stuff too). Looks as great as I thought it would!

Is the Giant taking suggestions/requests?

How about doing some of the "base" Prestige classes, i.e the ones that are in the DMG? I'd love to have an Arcane Archer or Eldritch Knight. Maybe even a Dashing Swordsman? ;)

Any chance of doing some Knights of the Dinner Table figures? Knuckles the XXIIIrd on his Dwarven Battlesteed and an El Ravager on the famous War Cow would be really nice.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

15. - Top - End - #45

All of that would run into copyright issues. There's been some wink and nod stuff (Tin Golem, Western Hag), but those would probably cut way to close to the line.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    I've always been meaning to buy these, but I was going to wait for Winter and buy the whole set at once. However, since DunDraCon starts tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and buy them now and get a mini for the Pathfinder games I'm planning on playing (and of course all the other cool stuff too). Looks as great as I thought it would!

Is the Giant taking suggestions/requests?

How about doing some of the "base" Prestige classes, i.e the ones that are in the DMG? I'd love to have an Arcane Archer or Eldritch Knight. Maybe even a Dashing Swordsman? ;)

Any chance of doing some Knights of the Dinner Table figures? Knuckles the XXIIIrd on his Dwarven Battlesteed and an El Ravager on the famous War Cow would be really nice.
    For an Arcane Archer or an Eldtritch Knight, pick an archer or a knight, and color on a magic glow. Or make your own. There's a pretty great tutorial somewhere in the Arts and Crafts forum.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

17. - Top - End - #47

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    All of that would run into copyright issues. There's been some wink and nod stuff (Tin Golem, Western Hag), but those would probably cut way to close to the line.
    I'm sure Rich could get permission from Kenzerco. And AFAIK, all of the prestige classes in the DMG are SRD/d20 content. That's why they're in, for example, Pathfinder too.

I've been showing off some of the printed figs at the con, and some people seem to be interested.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    I'm sure Rich could get permission from Kenzerco. And AFAIK, all of the prestige classes in the DMG are SRD/d20 content.
    Except one - Red Wizard - because it's setting specific (Forgotten Realms).
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

19. - Top - End - #49

PaladinGuy

I can’t wait for the winter edition! I’m hoping for a whip-wielding elf Rogue!
    We don't need no steeeenkin' signatures!