New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default why is my avatar picture now the sentence "please up account 3rd party"?

as the title says I used to have a custom image as my avatar but now i see a grey background with that sentence in white and a quarter circumference with a blue "ten" in the low right corner. why is that? How do I change it back?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: why is my avatar picture now the sentence "please up account 3rd party"?

Photobucket now charges for you to embed images. You'll either need to pay them or move the image to a new host. I'll leave this thread open for others to give their suggestions.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: why is my avatar picture now the sentence "please up account 3rd party"?

There was a recent thread here in board/site issues.

I'm sure there was one in Friendly Banter when Photobucket decided to change their funding model, but I cannot find it. It might be now beyond the call of all but those sorcerors, working in darkness, we call the mods. Alternatively, some mad, sorcerous working may be keeping it beyond my perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #4

Nothing else you can do other than upload your avatar into different site than photobucket.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Nothing else you can do other than upload your avatar into different site than photobucket.
    While not strictly true (you could also pay for the service being provided by photobucket), I believe that Rawhide already mentioned the possibility, and left the thread open for alternative hosting suggestions.

So on that topic, I like tinypic.com, because it resizes the picture for you, which is important for this forum.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I used imagur.com imgur.com. I think Flickr.com is still usable, too.

I use 32-bit Irfanview for resizing my avatar images. 64-bit Irfanview can handle larger images, but doesn't have all the addons the 32-bit version has, including the one that lets you specify file sizes when resizing your avatar image.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-11-20 at 04:36 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

7. - Top - End - #7

not imagur, imgur.com important difference there. I also use it, btw.
    Last edited by Fri; 2017-10-30 at 10:16 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Photobucket is also really inconsistent about whether they do anything to your picture - mine's hosted there, I've never paid them a cent, and yet it works just fine. It might have to do with the total amount of embedding happening.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Over on the Jethro Tull forum lots of folks are using village.photos which seems to work just fine.
    I'm not sure where I've got my avatar hosted.... but village.photos seems to work fine.
    It's pretty easy to use too. :D
    Good luck!
    --Ron--
    Last edited by rredmond; 2017-10-30 at 04:53 PM.
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Photobucket is also really inconsistent about whether they do anything to your picture - mine's hosted there, I've never paid them a cent, and yet it works just fine. It might have to do with the total amount of embedding happening.
    As far as I can tell, it does. As soon as you go over so much bandwidth useage in a month, it seems to trip something, and then it's forever lost.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Photobucket now charges for you to embed images. You'll either need to pay them or move the image to a new host. I'll leave this thread open for others to give their suggestions.
    Oh ok, I completely forgot that I had uploaded the image to a third party site, I thought it was uploaded on this site. Got it. Thank you

12. - Top - End - #12

You need to change to a new image host. Your problem arises from using photobucket. I recommend switching to http://postimages.org/
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)