New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

"I must agree. The location of the device would prove inconsequential should we be unable to properly defend it."

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dram turns to look back the way they came. "Follow me on this: we're probably only a little ahead of whatever force they're sending after us. I'm assuming not everyone knows about this place, let alone how to open the door. Once we're inside both we and the obelisk will be secure, which is the entire point of the mission. And we won't be trapped, we can get out - but it's really unlikely they'll be able to get in."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, fine. You guys do whatever to get that thing in as soon as possible. And I guess I'll do what I can to make the obvious tracks not so obvious."

Rolda walks away from the door, about 40 feet away and begins trying to hide all the footprints, hoofmarks, and the ridiculous amount of scraping caused by the sled, the same way she hid their footprints before for the ambush.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not done yet! But that's my actions for now.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-05-09 at 09:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Guardian took a brief glance at the horizon. "Milady, I believe it would be safer if you were at the doorway, whilst we secure the device. I do not believe that tracks that end a short distance from a door will prove a useful subterfuge."

Taking the horses reins in hand, and a rope on the obelisk, he urged them while giving a tug of his own"Come, horses, assist us in transporting the device. We must go this way, with alacrity."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Uh, Handle Animal to try to get them to do something useful: (1d20)[11]

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Tessha utters some code in Draconic and a Light appears to illuminate the place.
    "There. Proper illumination, at least...."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Rolda stopped, about halfway as far as she was planning to go and thought about it for a minute, turning around. Guardian may have a point.... She sighed. "Unless they have no idea there's a door here at all... Even if they did, what if we could make them think a door was a few feet off? Surely they might try to break it down?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-05-13 at 08:06 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not know. I can only reiterate that for your safety, I would recommend that you relocate, at minimum, to the doorway while the device is repositioned. I do not believe that I can both adequately protect your person and adhere to the commanding officer's wishes."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

"Ugh, fine..." Rolda grumbles, marching back to the stupid obvious door. On the way she casts a spell to really bring out her charm, then tries to gently tug on one of the lead horse's bridles.

"Come, boy! Just a little further."

Spoiler
    Show
    handle animal: (1d20+7)[25]

9. - Top - End - #519

PaladinGuy

The horses don't budge at Guardian's guidance, one even whinnying and shaking its head a little as its bridle is tugged. When Rolda takes over, the lot of shy equines suddenly become rather compliant, straining in their harnesses to pull the sledge forward. There's a bit more resistance the runners hit the smooth stone floor but not enough to bring everything to a stop. After about a minute of pulling the entire obelisk is inside the entrance tunnel.

Dram just watches as its pulled inside, standing off to the side and divesting himself of the armor of the recently killed, save for the gambeson, gloves and boots. When the tail end of the sledge has cleared the doorway, he gives a "c'mon' nod to Septimus and Guardian and begins tugging on the door. Now that the inside can be seen, a massive crossbar on a central circular pivot makes it easier to grab onto and pull into position.

Show

The lock's like an interior garage door crossbar, just way bigger:
    Last edited by infoweasel; 2018-05-15 at 01:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Guardian assembled as directed, taking a moment to eye the entire door closing contraption in some detail, apparently trying to divine how the alien (to him) engineering worked. Apparently satisfied, he took a grip on the door and gave a tug.

Show
    assuming you need some sorta strength check, (1d20+2)[22]

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

"I hope no one else is in here..." Rolda says. She stays behind Tessha and her light, and draws the strange silver dagger out of her coat pocket.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Septimus Rat

Septimus looks around the great hall. "Fascinating. Perhaps you can find some way to prevent the door from being opened from the outside Tessha?" he says. "Allow me to scout the area, before we head in any further" With that, Septimus tries to quietly investigate their immediate area.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+6)[22]
    Perception (1d20+4)[15]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Septimus Rat

Septimus slinks back to the main group. "Nobody is ever alone. Especially in a temple of the gods. But in a very real sense, we are not alone here. Something lurks."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Tessha walks over to the door to the outside.
    "Hm. Hopefully I can. As for gods well....which ones? That would be important archaeological information! By the way what deity do you worship Septimus? I'm a follower of Onatar for obvious reasons, though I wouldn't say my view of it is traditional."
    She winks to give Septimus a subtle sign that she understood but was acting as if she didn't know the other thing was here. Best not to let it know while she examines the door.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

since its a temple of the gods I'm going to roll Engineering for door physical structure, religion if it involves divine magic and arcana because its the general magic knowledge skill

Knowledge Engineering Check:
    (1d20+7)[12]
    Knowledge Religion Check:
    (1d20+7)[17]
    Knowledge Arcana:
    (1d20+7)[18]
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Rolda was not nearly as subtle. She hurriedly made her way back to the door where coincidentally the only source of light and her bodyguard were. "Guardian! Everyone. There is something or someone in there..."

She stays close to the warforged, the space a little cramped at the moment.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Having slammed the door well shut, Guardian turned back to the group, and to Rolda in particular. "Could you provide additional specificity? It would be quite helpful to know the impending nature of the encounter."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

"Septimus doesn't even know.
    But he says there's something in there.."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Septimus Rat

Septimus absently runs his hand over the rent in his coat where the yeti had very nearly killed him. "I didn't get a close look at it. Perhaps if we make enough noise it will come investigate us? And then we can determine whether it is friend or foe."

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think that is a good idea
    ... Let's just get more light. A lot more light."

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Guardian moved around to make sure that he was between Rolda and the darkness. "I do not possess the means to create meaningful light. Were you to cause me sharp pain or discomfort, it is likely that a brief increase in the intensity of my ghulra would result, but it is unlikely that it would provide significant illumination. I would prefer an alternative course of action."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Septimus Rat

"A wise man always comes prepared," says Septimus. He pulls out one of the Everbright lantern from the camping supplies. "Fiat Lux" he says, and turns it on.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's not harm you, Guardian..
    By the looks of it, we do have some lanterns. "

Rolda takes hold of one so that the others can still use both of their hands.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

"I was unaware that that was the purpose of those items. How does one operate it? Simply by uttering 'fiat lux'?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Septimus Rat

"Best to keep one of them in reserve, I dunno how long they'll last. So, what's the plan? Where are these notes of yours, Dram? Once we find them, we can head back home and see if they want to try to rescue the hostages."

25. - Top - End - #535

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Septimus Rat

"Best to keep one of them in reserve, I dunno how long they'll last. So, what's the plan? Where are these notes of yours, Dram? Once we find them, we can head back home and see if they want to try to rescue the hostages."
    Keeping his voice low, Dram responds, "I'm honestly not sure where he would've stuck them. As soon as we located the exit, my team and I went ahead and scouted the nearby terrain. We're probably best served by clearing the area and then searching for it." Canting his head towards the scuffling sounds in the distance now that they've been pointed out, he advises, "There's too few of us that can see well in the dark to scout effectively without giving ourselves away, not to mention all the noise we made entering this place. Shall we go see whether or not that noise is a threat?"

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Guardian readied his sword and shield as he replied: "As we appear to be adequately prepared, I concur that taking initiative would be advisable. Further delay could place the team members in additional jeopardy. Where do you require my presence?"

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Lead the charge, Master Warforged. We will follow in your wake."

28. - Top - End - #538

PaladinGuy

As the group moves into the area beyond the hacked apart doorway, a much larger cavern revealed. Approximately 50 foot square, the room clearly held the obelisk before the Broken wrenched it free. Piles of rubble surround the jaggedly circular stone depression where it had been hacked from. The room doesn't have any apparent architectural flares; save for the fact that the the floors, walls and ceiling are all worked stone it is fairly bare. Smalls mounds at the base of a few of the walls may once have been tapestries but are now moldering heaps of rags. To the southeast corner is a ramp leading down into darkness. To the north and east are archways. Next to each archway seem to be a short series of markings in a byzantine script chiseled into the stone.

Spoiler: PCs who read/write Draconic
    Show

North archway: "Storage"
    East archway: "Workshop"

Spoiler: PCs who passed Perception check to hear grunting and clicking noises
    Show
    It's coming from the north room.
    Last edited by infoweasel; 2018-07-16 at 03:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Rolda points towards the northern room with the same hand holding her exotic dagger and whispers, "It's over there."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Whatever lurks in the darkness must have moved on. This is our chance, then."