Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Results 511 to 528 of 528
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "I must agree. The location of the device would prove inconsequential should we be unable to properly defend it."
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Dram turns to look back the way they came. "Follow me on this: we're probably only a little ahead of whatever force they're sending after us. I'm assuming not everyone knows about this place, let alone how to open the door. Once we're inside both we and the obelisk will be secure, which is the entire point of the mission. And we won't be trapped, we can get out - but it's really unlikely they'll be able to get in."

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "Alright, fine. You guys do whatever to get that thing in as soon as possible. And I guess I'll do what I can to make the obvious tracks not so obvious."

    Rolda walks away from the door, about 40 feet away and begins trying to hide all the footprints, hoofmarks, and the ridiculous amount of scraping caused by the sled, the same way she hid their footprints before for the ambush.

    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not done yet! But that's my actions for now.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-05-09 at 09:00 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Guardian took a brief glance at the horizon. "Milady, I believe it would be safer if you were at the doorway, whilst we secure the device. I do not believe that tracks that end a short distance from a door will prove a useful subterfuge."

    Taking the horses reins in hand, and a rope on the obelisk, he urged them while giving a tug of his own"Come, horses, assist us in transporting the device. We must go this way, with alacrity."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Uh, Handle Animal to try to get them to do something useful: (1d20)[11]
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Tessha utters some code in Draconic and a Light appears to illuminate the place.
    "There. Proper illumination, at least...."
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 21!



  6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Rolda stopped, about halfway as far as she was planning to go and thought about it for a minute, turning around. Guardian may have a point.... She sighed. "Unless they have no idea there's a door here at all... Even if they did, what if we could make them think a door was a few feet off? Surely they might try to break it down?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2018-05-13 at 08:06 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "I do not know. I can only reiterate that for your safety, I would recommend that you relocate, at minimum, to the doorway while the device is repositioned. I do not believe that I can both adequately protect your person and adhere to the commanding officer's wishes."
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "Ugh, fine..." Rolda grumbles, marching back to the stupid obvious door. On the way she casts a spell to really bring out her charm, then tries to gently tug on one of the lead horse's bridles.

    "Come, boy! Just a little further."

    Spoiler
    Show
    handle animal: (1d20+7)[25]

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    The horses don't budge at Guardian's guidance, one even whinnying and shaking its head a little as its bridle is tugged. When Rolda takes over, the lot of shy equines suddenly become rather compliant, straining in their harnesses to pull the sledge forward. There's a bit more resistance the runners hit the smooth stone floor but not enough to bring everything to a stop. After about a minute of pulling the entire obelisk is inside the entrance tunnel.

    Dram just watches as its pulled inside, standing off to the side and divesting himself of the armor of the recently killed, save for the gambeson, gloves and boots. When the tail end of the sledge has cleared the doorway, he gives a "c'mon' nod to Septimus and Guardian and begins tugging on the door. Now that the inside can be seen, a massive crossbar on a central circular pivot makes it easier to grab onto and pull into position.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    The lock's like an interior garage door crossbar, just way bigger:
    Last edited by infoweasel; 2018-05-15 at 01:04 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Guardian assembled as directed, taking a moment to eye the entire door closing contraption in some detail, apparently trying to divine how the alien (to him) engineering worked. Apparently satisfied, he took a grip on the door and gave a tug.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    assuming you need some sorta strength check, (1d20+2)[22]
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "I hope no one else is in here..." Rolda says. She stays behind Tessha and her light, and draws the strange silver dagger out of her coat pocket.

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Septimus Rat

    Septimus looks around the great hall. "Fascinating. Perhaps you can find some way to prevent the door from being opened from the outside Tessha?" he says. "Allow me to scout the area, before we head in any further" With that, Septimus tries to quietly investigate their immediate area.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+6)[22]
    Perception (1d20+4)[15]

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Septimus Rat

    Septimus slinks back to the main group. "Nobody is ever alone. Especially in a temple of the gods. But in a very real sense, we are not alone here. Something lurks."

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Tessha walks over to the door to the outside.
    "Hm. Hopefully I can. As for gods well....which ones? That would be important archaeological information! By the way what deity do you worship Septimus? I'm a follower of Onatar for obvious reasons, though I wouldn't say my view of it is traditional."
    She winks to give Septimus a subtle sign that she understood but was acting as if she didn't know the other thing was here. Best not to let it know while she examines the door.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show

    since its a temple of the gods I'm going to roll Engineering for door physical structure, religion if it involves divine magic and arcana because its the general magic knowledge skill

    Knowledge Engineering Check:
    (1d20+7)[12]
    Knowledge Religion Check:
    (1d20+7)[17]
    Knowledge Arcana:
    (1d20+7)[18]
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 21!



  15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Rolda was not nearly as subtle. She hurriedly made her way back to the door where coincidentally the only source of light and her bodyguard were. "Guardian! Everyone. There is something or someone in there..."

    She stays close to the warforged, the space a little cramped at the moment.

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Having slammed the door well shut, Guardian turned back to the group, and to Rolda in particular. "Could you provide additional specificity? It would be quite helpful to know the impending nature of the encounter."
    Currently DMing: Ruins of Azlant IC OOC

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    "Septimus doesn't even know.
    But he says there's something in there.."

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Eberron in Pathfinder [IC]

    Septimus Rat

    Septimus absently runs his hand over the rent in his coat where the yeti had very nearly killed him. "I didn't get a close look at it. Perhaps if we make enough noise it will come investigate us? And then we can determine whether it is friend or foe."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •