1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Ascension City IC

The Order

Mor 5

Jenny Two Teeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am looking for someone to perform a census of the various faiths popping up in Little Temple. What would be your rate for such an inquiry?

Owl's guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am looking for someone to perform a census of the various faiths popping up in Little Temple. What would be your rate for such an inquiry?

Sovereign
    Spoiler
    Show

A note is found pinned nearby one of the many secret passages in the clock tower
    'Word has it that a shadow lurks beneath the tower, one that knows many secrets. If such rumors were true I would wonder if this shadow would share those secrets, for a price of course.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2017-11-03 at 07:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sovereign
    Morale: 5

To Mortenkam
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Thank you. ]

Chemosh and Apprentices, Professer Falkar (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prudent.

We shall invite the druidic wanderer.

His thoughts will be revealing.

Should you desire a quest, you may ask. Competition betters us all.

The Order (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A shadow lurks, yes, not beneath the tower, but across the city.

Everything has a price.

What will you pay it for?

Mercurious Shander (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Guardian of the Stone Circle,

The city is under threat, and you seek to help.

We wish to pick your mind, along with others'.

May we meet?

The Friday Man (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What price do you charge for your service?

Agda Ali (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beyond the walls of this city, you have seen much, on many journeys.

Tell us, does the Claw remind you of any?

Does the Ooze?

Tory the Wall (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Order of the Legacy (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The city marches to war.

What do Kira's Oathsworn do to prepare?

What else may they require?

Rethel Vex (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Rakka Tak (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We know you buy.

Do you have anything to sell?

Jenny Two Teeth (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is it you know, that We do not?

At what cost and what gain?

Yorick (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lady of Storms marches onwards, the Oronvee behind.

Alas,

Poor Yorick,

We knew her.

But did she know us?

Does he know them?

GM PM (GMPMGM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the record, and for Dino's sanity, I'll translate my ramblings to English.

Yorick seems a madman, but an information broker. If he knows anything of benefit on the invaders, or what the invaders know of the city, that would be very useful.

Alto Vassrigar (5)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Heron Knight (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What have you seen that We have not?

Should We worry?

Any relics worth Our interest?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2017-11-04 at 12:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order

Morale 5

Sovereign
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order are unskilled in the ways of spycraft, we have had little use for it on the battlefield. But this city, it is a different kind of warfare. Here the Order is exposed, yet blind. I would not march my troops without first sending scouts. Secrets and deceptions are the lifeblood of this city, it seems.As such we require the skills of someone like yourself.

OOC: I'd like to trade 2 temp wealth per turn in exchange for using your esp score for the purposes of reading messages

GM (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just wanna check what I've suggested above is legal. I see it as Sovereign's spy network basically just making another copy of everything to pass onto me.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2017-11-03 at 08:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Chemosh and Apprentices
    Morale 4
    Spoiler: The Scion's Club
    Show

Ah, right that important. I really should get Arynn to read over these things before sending them. We specifically want the befriend the woodland spirits quest.

Spoiler: Sovereign
    Show

Sounds good, just tell us where you wish to meet.

As for quests, we are always open to quests. We might be a bit stretched right now but if it is possible we will do it.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95

Sovereign

The Order (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Checked with Dino, and that is not something I can offer. No sharing messages. I can inform you of what is in them through normal communications only.]

Alas and alack!

You have asked for something We cannot offer!
    Our intellectus, Our knowing, is Us and Ours alone.
    Without this gift, what are We?

We can offer a warning,
    Should an arranged topic be broached?
    Or an answer to questions you may ask?

Chemosh and Apprentices (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What We mean to say is, should you find your current arrangement too costly, We can also acquire quests for you.
    And let us meet at the only Leyline within the city.
    Maple Park. Our home, or near enough.

[OOC: I'll wait for Dino to post Falkar and the Druid before starting that PM.]

Oleksandr Murkov (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Dino and others, this is intentionally directed to a non-existent person.]

Despite the best efforts of Ascant's Post, an `Oleksandr Murkov` cannot be tracked down. Spinning through the system for a number of days, the letter is finally lost to a clerk's reckless cat and an unsecured ink bottle. Its contents, never finding its true destination, lost to time... Save those OTHER recipients who managed to exfiltrate it from the proper channels and into their own prying hands, before returning it (resealed) to its correct route.

Our fellow shadows,

There is no knowledge that is not power.
    But there is power that is not knowledge.
    And even the greatest library falls to the torch.

Together, we are the underworld.
    But there are many who may threaten us.
    Including each other.

We seek peace and prosperity.
    For all.
    So We propose a truce.

No shadow wars between us, at least while the city lies besieged.
    Should you agree, send a message to Mr. Murkov.
    While some may be past even Our sight, it will signal an affirmative.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2017-11-04 at 07:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Suma Jareme (mor 5)

Spoiler: Torian Curia
    Show

Even more than usual, I beg for your assistance in the coming weeks. I wish to undertake several dangerous missions against the Oronvee army, and I need any aid I can acquire.

Spoiler: Church of the Twice Fallen Saint
    Show

The You venerate a saint who preformed great tasks, if you would like to do the same, I seek to neutralize the coming army before they even reach our walls, and would be profoundly grateful if you would assist me.

Spoiler: The Restless
    Show

Although many of you have turned to hunger and violence, this is your city as much as mine, if you would defended it there are invaders approaching and I would that you fight alongside me against them.

Spoiler: The Order of The Legacy
    Show

How fares your keep?

Spoiler: Richard I
    Show

Although I have often been your rival, our interests in overcoming the coming army are equal and aligned. So take my words to heart when I write that I believe your preparations for the coming invasion are misdirected. This is not a war we can win numerically. If the Coalition breaches or defenses, we are done for. If they can not, Ascant can hold against them with even a moderate force. Indeed, every soldier at arms is a mouth our respective sides must feed who does not bring in food themselves in even the invaders minds turn to siege.

It is very much in our favor to transform this fight into a protracted stalemate, wherein naval action can keep our city supplied and allow our forces to circle around and harry the enemy supply lines until they fall under the weight of their own numbers and the disention any coalition of distinct actors will face under privation and shortage.

I implore you to turn your efforts in that direction rather than expand your efforts at a draft past their point of utility.

Spoiler: The Blue Company
    Show

I have work and I need men to do it. My plans on stopping the Oronvee forces require a set of dangerous actions to be taken immediately, and I want your assistance. What payment do you require?

Spoiler: House Carlton
    Show
    I have always had great respect for your house, so I will write to you explicitly. I plan to destroy all siege weaponry the Oronvee army possesses mundane, magical, and covert before they can be brought to bear against the city. Even if your swords are fewer and turned elsewhere, the back-line support of people I trust would be immeasurably appreciated

Spoiler: Scion's Club
    Show

If your desire for entertainment extends to a martial direction, I will be undertaking several actions against the Oronvee I can promise on my life will excite.

Spoiler: Atelier Maria
    Show

I need to do something to a leyline that I am not sure can be done. Although it is not you area of expertise, your arcane skill is great enough for me to seek you out regardless.

Spoiler: Sea Wolves
    Show

Have you any desire to join me in a near suicidal raid on the Oronvee army in perhaps a week or 2?

Spoiler: Clanchurch
    Show

Fighting for a crown is not something that happens for a few weeks when there is an open position. I try to prove my worthiness to rule every day by protecting the city as if it were already mine. Currently that takes the form of planning to strike at the Oronvee. If you wish to come along you are welcome.

Spoiler: Silver Guard
    Show

I plan to conduct a major independent military action against the Oronvee, could I persuade you to assist?

7. - Top - End - #97

Sovereign

Coin Punch Coach House - Heroes' Meeting

A moment ago, They were without.
    The next, Sovereign stood at the center of the assembled exceptionals.
    A shade taller than all, clad in raiment fit for kings long since buried, skin of iron and eyes of coal.

"There are others that seek to help.
    As well as those who seek to profit, but help nonetheless
    You need not solve all the woes yourselves."

Turning to each, and each in turn, Sovereign greeted the legends of the city.
    "Alchemist. Ironheart. Nabil. Calton.
    It has been much too long, methinks."

Stopping on Kazan, the spirit stares into his eyes for a moment.
    "You are new.
    We are Sovereign.

To Murska
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of posting, I am assuming Naib's father's name is Nabil, and will change that when you correct me.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2017-11-04 at 02:03 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Ska

United Republican Movement PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    His eyes follow Snitch around the room, widening at the dangerous words.
    “You speak of betraying the Duke? While the Oronvee breath down our necks? I hold little love for the bastard and his point stick of office but… What if we, you! Should fail? It is hard enough to keep my people out of Tonkerlock as is, I do not wish to hang from a rope with my brothers and sisters.”

He moves around to the other side of one of the desks strewn about the room, gathering several papers together. A nervous gesture.

“And if we were to strike now, the chaos that would ensue, the Oronvee would surely win. I doubt they would be any better. Only the Bathics among them have any sense of democracy or representation.”

Iron Breaker PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mists give no response, it appears that Iron Breaker is not yet on the board.
    OOC you can have the PM back, Iron Breaker does not have a presence in the city or the outskirts.

The Good Doctors Guild

Arch Duke Richard MOR 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Good Doctors,
    It gladdens my heart that healers such as yourselves would consider taking up the blade in defense of our city. We will certainly consider your petition for the contract.

The People of Chaunshire MOR 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of older men approach in the light armour of militia. Their leader, a bearded sergeant with a recently broken polearm speaks up. Good to see you’ve got an interest in our people Ramshackler. We’ll keep you in mind for the contract.

Atelier Maria

The Echo House Irregulars MOR 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bugger you with your broken ‘children’ lady! This is our turf that you stole. What makes you think we are budging another inch? You’d better watch your own windows before you go pushing us around any more.

The Great House of Calton

Zweanslord PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough, you play a bold game. I’m mighty tempted to put in the rule that you have to split up your rep on each one to take them from everyone. But I’ll play it by ear. Just know that if you manage to take them all and bungle them by spreading to thin things are going to get a lot harder for you and the city.

House Danmorsay

House Walford
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Torac! I am mighty pleased to hear you taking an interest in the contract. I’ve not forgotten you saving my father from the Noon Hag’s curse. I will of course consider your application for the contract very highly.

The Order of the White Flame

The Order of the Legacy MOR 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will contribute to such a project, pass your [research and 2 mag] to our keep and we will begin our project. Any discoveries will of course be shared with you. We will make the Oronvee bleed. The Painted Host will grow.

Jenny Two Teeth MOR 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Words from the faith full? You ask me to be buried in pamphlets to find such. Still I’ve a juicy tidbit or two for those willing to pay. [4 t.cash] and they are yours. I imagine your order would be especially interested.

To the Scions Club

Location PM at Pennon Palace
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Blackwood arrives by carriage to a bustling courtyard. Hundred of the pennons and banners that festoon the walls and spires of the palace have been changed out for black, in preparation for the funeral of lord Giaus Calton this coming winter. After a few moments of banter, barter, and bribery between Lewis’s carriageman and a palace footman you are brought to a comfortable waiting room. A clerk you recognize as Daniel Penter greets you, a powerful man who organizes taxes in the low city.
    “What can I do for you Lord Blackwood? What brings you to the Palace today?”

Location PM The Tourney Grounds
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tourney ground is a mess, though Curzon’s military trained eyes see good organization and discipline to the tangles of tents and drill yards. Most of the men whom Duncan speak to sound depressed and defeated. The officers and what upper echelons have time to talk however are all very much the opposite. Most talk about the excellent fighting retreat that was used against the Oronvee in the battle of Cows Road. If half of what is said is the truth many more Oronvee were killed or injured than Ascanti.
    OOC: Your move.

Location PM The Maple Leyline
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harvey Granville arrives to the peaceful park that surrounds the Maple Leyline. Things are calm here, the quiet druids and mages occasionally spotted tending to the various plants or caught up in conversation. The great Maple tree for which the Leyline takes its name radiates an aura of sincere magic, raw and honest. Any pieces of iron Granville carries vibrates very softly, and feels static-y to the touch.

Location PM Coin Punch Coach House
    Spoiler
    Show
    Three great pillars made of exotic Dalwood anchor the multiple bars of this sprawling building, glittering with a small fortune of hammered in coins. It is the middle of the day, so the ground floor is packed with noisy workers of a dozen factions. A group of University students see Amelia arrive and raise a toast to her. The balcony above the ground floor where wealthier patrons drink and scheme is especially bustling, apparently some big meeting is going on. (OOC you’ll need to ask permission to jump in on that one, The Guild of Negotiable Affections is the main orchestrator.)

Notably, the Summer Tourney Champion Alto Vassrigar has bought out one of the grand balconies and is feasting a huge group of friends and acquaintances. There is also no sign of the Houses usual owner, Baillen Vos. A message board in one corner is cleared of the usual posters and instead has a simple message:
    “The sale of the Coin Punch Tavern will begin this [mid turn], thank you to all of our wonderful patrons for many good years. Sale by auction will be held in Abern Plaza, open to all comers.”

The Golden Girls PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC At this point you can try to assimilate the Golden Girls with the rep stat or other means in your EoT.

Mortenkam PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Empty districts do not take much to take over. About 4 total temp stats. Though there are some dice involved, fair warning.

To the Blue Company

The Citizens of Chaunshire MOR 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of older men approach in the light armour of militia. Their leader, a bearded sergeant with a recently broken polearm speaks up.
    “The blue company come to save us. Never thought I’d see the day. My brother wanted to join your crew. Maker rest him, we will of course consider you very highly.

To Chemosh and Apprentices

Professor Falkar MOR 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good good my boy. Name a place and I’ll be there.

Sovereign

Mercurious Shander MOR 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noble Clock Spirit, I am here to help the city, but I have seen my calling. I go to help the sick in Cardova and avoid worse disaster. I dearly wish to meet but am occupied fully with helping the sick. Please keep me in mind in the coming months. I’m sure there is much we could tell each other.

A Mystery Blade PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the Friday Man
    All contracts. [18 t.wealth]. Complete secrecy.

Agda Ali MOR 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honored spirit, I have ranged far and wide and seen many things. I know almost nothing of these Ooze so I could not say, but that beast called the claw reminds me very much of when I traveled the ports of Hexon. They have many Leylines there, weak ones, but certainly there. When a cult disrupted the Lines, many monsters were spawned. I’ve been mighty concerned, especially with that damnable pirate squatting on the monsters hunting grounds. Things may yet get worse.

A Guard of a Different Sort PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    From Tory the Wall
    I’m tied up workin’ fer the Saulkers at the moment. Ya’ don’t just abandon a job like that m’afraid. Usually I charge [10 cash] fer [3 turns]

Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Legacy will be prepared. Leyline keep will flay the armies of our enemies in the name of Kira once more!

Rethel Vex MOR 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    And why does a folk tale like you want to know? It will of course depend on the target.

A strange little Kobold PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes yes yes of course mister sovern we have many fine wares our best seller found us a very very fancy staff only [6 cash]
    [Staff of Druids +2 mage level in any outskirts or ‘park’ district]

Jenny Two Teeth MOR 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sovereign, I love you dearly, but you taught me most of these secrets, and you certainly know the rest. I’ve nothing to offer that you do not know.

I knew him PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yorick seems a little harder to find than a simple message. Some amount of Esp will have to be spent finding his location if you want to speak further.

Alto Vassrigar MOR 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Usually about [7 cash for 2 turns] sir. Though depends on the job. What’chya looking for?

The Heron Knight MOR 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to fear Sovereign! The city has repulsed these bandits once before, we shall do it again!

To Suma Jareme

The Torian Curia MOR 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course my child. How may the Curia be of assistance?

The Church of the Twice Fallen Saint MOR 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Suma Jareme,
    My lord I admit to surprise at you contacting my small order. We’ve little but loyalty to offer against the invaders. Our flock is not comprised of warriors or wizards. Any way we can help, please tell us, but I will not send those who put faith in my church to their deaths needlessly.

The Restless MOR 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    The wrathful dead do not communicate as you do. Even getting near them is a dangerous prospect, many are very dangerous.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Legacy will be prepared. Leyline keep will flay the armies of our enemies in the name of Kira once more!

Arch-duke Richard MOR 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Suma Jareme,
    We may be occasional rivals my lord, but truly these desperate times call for people such as we to join together in harmony.

Tactically none would dispute that you are a brilliant commander my lord, but the Oronvee will not wait for us to use such tactics. This coming siege will not last long and with Hurricane still acting like toddlers denied their toys we do not have the Naval strength to maneuver significantly anyway. Most critically, the Rivergate walls have been pillaged over the last sixty years. Illegal, yes, but what's done is done. Thus we cannot allow them to take Maltshire, lest the entire wall be compromised.

Tell me strategist, with the option of a protracted siege removed, how do you think this war should be handled?
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2017-11-11 at 03:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Suma Jareme (mor 5)

Spoiler: Tor Curia
    Show

In making my plans to hinder the Oronvee army, it struck me that the leyline at Stone Circle could be a devastating weapon against us. I am poorly versed in the mystical arts, but I feel there must be some way to keep the invaders from drawing on it's power. Any leads or insight would be helpful?

Spoiler: Church of the Twice Fallen Saint
    Show

Loyalty may still be enough. Ascant is a vast mass of corridors and passages. I am concerned that the Oronvee may find a way to send a small group into the city to sabotage us from within. An early warning could make all the difference.

Spoiler: The Restless
    Show
    (ooc): so does that mean I need to use a PM and hope I get lucky, or does it mean talking is totally futile?

Spoiler: Arch-Duke Richard
    Show

(ooc): do you have maps for this yet? I'm roleplaying tactics blind, which is harder than it sounds

We could rebuild the Rivergate walls. We would need to do in weeks what would take years by conventional methods, but tearing down great numbers of buildings and employing extensive magic we could do it. The position of the river aids us greatly, if it is lain with stakes and strung with chains even a poor wall at the near side could stop an army crossing as long as it can hold and be fired from. If we must meet them in battle, we can afford to do so only if the bulk of their forces are unable to engage. Ideally any opening they create must be turned into a choke-point immediately.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order
    Morale 5

Sovereign
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order is bidding for the royal warrant against the Oronvee scouts, as I'm sure you already know. Use your influence and knowledge to help us secure the contract and we'll pay you a portion of the reward. (2 temp cash)

Jenny Two Teeth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you accept split payment, 1 temp cash this turn, 3 next turn?
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2017-11-07 at 08:31 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Atelier Maria
    ESP: 0 MOR: 4

Coin Punch Coach House

Spoiler: Merchant's Half Balcony (PM)
    Show
    "Of course, Madame! I'll tell them to keep making their cornbread!" Maria answered cheerily, with a nod and clapping her hands together.

And that's a good idea, I'll ask them later!"

The Heroes Gather

By the time Elwin was done with his speech, Maria had acquired her first free mug of beer, was partaking of it, and seemed about to say something. That, of course, was when the wraith that called itself Sovereign materialized out of nowhere in front of them all, and startled the poor girl in particular.

"Kyaaa~!" she screamed, reflexively flinging her mug in the shade's direction.

Spoiler: Suma Jareme
    Show
    Well, I'd love to help. But there's an Echo House infestation I was planning to take care of with my magic... unless, you'd take care of that for me?

Spoiler: The Echo House Irregulars
    Show
    Now that's just rude. I offered you all a job, and this is my thanks? Guess I'll have to call that offer rescinded, then.

And if that's not enough, you threaten to break my windows? I have made some friends lately, you know? For your own good, here's hoping they'll agree to avenge your slight on my behalf... because otherwise I'll do it personally, and that's even worse for your health than it would be otherwise.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

The Blue Company Morale: 4

Heroes Meeting

Elwin was suddenly at his feet, sword in hand. He didn't even seem to move, it happened in a flash. "What in the-" The blade sliced through the air once, and twice. The beer mug that had been flung split into four parts. This, however, did not impede the motion of the flying liquid.

"Sovereign!?!"

He calmed himself, and put the blade away. Elwin gave Maria a bit of a look, then returned his attention to Sovereig "You're Sovereign? I've heard of you! Wow. You're a most impressive spirit! I count several spirits and extraplanar beings as my friends, but I have never seen a local spirit as.. manifest. Truly, Ascant City is a most impressive place."

Elwin offered the spirit a hand. "You are welcome here, spirit of the city. I am Elwin Kazan. My home is very far away indeed, and I have taken on the role of a traveller of Sire. I hope I am not intruding upon your city. "

"Did I detect an offer to help? Could it be - do you wish to join our Guild? One of your stature would always be welcome."

Citzens of Chaunshire
    Spoiler
    Show
    A female Company bowman with a a long scar across her face greets the two men. She grips the serjants forearm in greeting and solidarity. "I'm sorry for your loss. We'll make sure these unholy beasts go back to where they belong, and avenge our prospective comrade. I'll promise you that much."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

ClericGirl

The Ska

The green stone was whispering again, Queek attempted to ignore its malign speech but he was drawn to it, a whistling man in the mist decided to change task.
    "As one door closed another door opened."
    Again a flash--An assassin lurked in the dark as a poor man struggled with fear and morality: Queek's head began to hurt this stone--and the Grey Seer--was not to his liking.

Moral 3 -- Espionage 4.
    Spoiler: United Republican Movement (PM)
    Show
    The little rat stands but maintains its great effort to appear as nonthreatening as possible.
    "Could to be much worse?"

The rat gives a nervous little laugh.
    "This war will weaken the strong and they will try to ease their suffering by drawing even more from the already weak. If you do not let them draw upon you they shall crumble and you will have the opportunity to thrive--the next rulers may not be anymore fair than the last but at least you will be in a better position to make your own changes."

From within his pocket he pulls out a piece of parchment--it is a deed for five hundred Ska (5 t.Wealth).
    "The Ska have great wealth from within the Sump--enough for you to feed your people and raise a militia from those without food of their own--and we are willing to share it with you if you will seize this opportunity. Recover your strength this season and build your people, any excess militia you do not have room for can be camped within the Sump (offering to Bank their excess t.Military) and during the siege strike at the Prison. Due to the siege it will be less well defended and once the prisoners are freed they will bolster your forces for a continued assault on the walls from the inside."

The little Ska held the piece of parchment just before the man--fingers open willing the man to take it.
    "We will not fail comrade--the resistance against the king is great--provided we all play our part we will become the ruling class in this cities next evolution and can do our best to make it more fair and just."

Spoiler: Iron Breaker (PM)
    Show
    The mage began to whistle, maybe believe Ratfolk are unable to whistle their mouths entirely the wrong shape for it however this one most certainly was doing so, and strode into the mist away from the city.
    If one door has closed another shall be opened.

The little mage wandered deep into the wild under the cover of darkness, his grey fur and black cloak acting as perfect camouflage as though he had specifically dressed for the occasion, until he came to the edge of a camp. Then he once again began to whistle.

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    Just wondering where Bjok of Frozenshore is from--don't suppose there is any chance its Smokehills/Dustmills?
    Last edited by Jyssika; 2017-11-05 at 07:30 AM.
    Don't mind me; I am just a child that urinates petrol having a wee on this [Insert Country] Flag.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Suma Jareme (mor 5)

Spoiler: Atelier Maria
    Show

Massacring thugs and malcontents in cold blood is somewhat pathetic at any time. Doing so over a territory dispute when your city is about to be sacked... Is not my planned activity. I will attempt to make do elsewhere.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground

Heroes' meeting

Torac smiled and gave a little wave to the shade.
    "Heya Sovereign. Haven't seen you since... the Gilmore Park werewolves? Hehe. When you ordered the palatine guard not to step on the flower beds. Good times. Also, just Torac now. Ironheart is gone."
    For a second, he looks wistful, then his knuckles tighten on his cane.
    "Anyway. We were talking plans. I'm sending my kids, a few soldiers and some mercenaries to retrieve that ore shipment. We need it. Since saving the city was mentioned, my current plan is simple. I intend to fund, equip and train my own militia unit. If any of you know any volunteers or drill sergeants, the information would be welcome."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

The Scions Club

Moral 3

Pennon Palace – Location PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am glad that you ask Penter. I came to hear the latest news from court, but while I have you, how are the tax collection going in the low city? I could imagine that some may be a bit annoyed by the war tax, even if its necessary in these trying times.

After Penter answered his question, Lewis continued.

So, have you heard anything interesting recently or do you known someone I ought to say hello to?"

The Tourney Grounds – Location PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Duncan keeps talking with the officers, praising them for their use of tactic and suggest at some point, that if they were to hold some tournament here on the tourney grounds, it might do good for the moral of the army. If they seem interested in the idea, then Duncan suggested it should a tournament of Field ball, since Bloodsport, would risk the health of their men before battle and it would be hard to find enough people for jousting. One could also promise a small prize to the winner to make it a bit more exiting.

The Maple Leyline – Location PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Harvey started his visit to the Maple Leyline by sitting down near the maple tree and simply feeling the magic rushing through the area. After he had gotten a good feeling of the Leyline, he continued over to greet some of the druids taking care of the park and starting a chat about the different plants in the park, including the Maple tree.

Coin Punch Coach House – Location PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amelia ordered a drink and decided to visit Alto Vassrigar’s party. Amelia had watched him wining the summer melee and it had been one of the greatest sights Amelia had ever seen. She went up to his balcony and tried to see if she could not meet the host himself.

To Suma Jareme
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Scions Club is interested to hear, what you specially have to propose. If it sounds good, then we would be willing to participate.

- Duncan Curzon

To Chemosh and Apprentices
    Spoiler
    Show
    We could definitely lay a good word in for you with the Archduke, but I have already heard that the house of Calton have asked him for the responsibly of ensuring its completion, and they have an even higher standing, than the Scions Club. I have also heard that they asked the Verdant Enclave for help completion it, so you could try to convince the house of Calton to make use of your services instead of the enclave.

- Elisabeth Curzon

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    What would it approximal take to absorb the Golden girls?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Guild of Negotiable Affections

One minute Tam's wheeling and dealing, her dinner delicious and her plans set in motion.

Then, all of a sudden, Tam straightens, eyes wide with... fury? She spins her chair around, leaps up, and stairs down at the tavern floor.

Sovereign arrives, all sound and majesty, and Tam's already glaring at the spot he comes in at, gripping her silverware so hard it's bending the spoon. Putting the fork down, she pulls a locket from beneath her blouse, opens and checks the contents, and shuts it again.

*Click*
    *Snap*

After his statement to the crowd, and a half minute of consideration, Tam seems to gain control of herself again. She turns her back on Sovereign and resumes her meeting.

Coin Punch Coach House (VIP PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Merchants Half balcony

"All right, it would seem that all business has been raised, and we have plans proceeding to deal with most of the issues."

"Does anyone else care to contribute to solve the refugees plight by strengthening the city?" (t. rep and t. wealth, Guild of Negotiable Affections and Atelier Maria already donating)

"Does anyone else wish to contribute loose information assets to help stop the murders in Abern Square?" (t. esp or ???, Doctor's Guild already donating)

"Does anyone wish to donate loose enforcers to aid Maria in securing her neighborhood?" (t. mil, nobody donating so far)

"Does anyone have any objections to the non-aggression pact, to avoid aiding Ascant over Hurricane?" (Simple agreement, no resources needed)

"As to the further issues, we may continue discussion at this time, or we can call our business done... There are private rooms on this floor to continue individual discussions if people wish, but given the attendance here tonight I can't guarantee they'd be entirely private." (We'd be using our usual morale to secure any conversations at this location from others at this location.)

Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2017-11-04 at 10:29 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

18. - Top - End - #108

The Guild of Negotiable Affections

Morale 5

Heroes Meeting

After some time, Tam makes her way downstairs. She finds the sulking Dusky Ember, who's pouting in the general direction of Elwin. "Hm? What is it now, dear?"

One whispered conversation later, Tam sighs and bends close. The hubbub of the tavern drowns out the bulk of their discussion, but a few words can be heard.

"...other fish in this pond... setting your hook for a seadragon when you should be aiming for flounder...only end in heartbreak anyway...heroes. Trust me on heroes." Tam gives her a squeeze on the hand and the woman with hair like fire pounds her drink, then heads off to other parts of the tavern.

The small woman speaks with the barkeep, takes a tray, then with consumnate ease brings six drinks over to the heroes' table. "My apologies for intruding, but may I?" Tam smiles at Elwin. "If I'm unwelcome I'll certainly depart, but it's rare I get to meet such... august personages."

19. - Top - End - #109

Heroes' meeting

Torac winks at Tam as he takes a drink.
    "August? I'm not August. I'm banned in seven cities for indecency, public nuisance and lèse-majesté. Though, to be fair, the Princeps did insult my dog first, so I'd say that was fair."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

The Owl Guild
    Morale: 6

Spoiler: To the Clanchurch
    Show
    General Carser certainly needs to die, however the reward for doing so is of little use to our guild. We deal more in secrets rather than gold. We believe it would be wise to seek a third group who can more readily exchange the proffered reward for something of use to us.

Spoiler: To the Cult of Undeath
    Show
    We deal mostly in secrets yes, however we are open to other options and other services. What do you wish done, and what do you offer?

Spoiler: To the Black Maze
    Show
    Xi,

A succint summation. We at the guild know that information is power and we with the current precarious political and military situation we are working on gaining as much knowledge as possible in order to chart the correct course of action for ourselves and our clients.

No doubt you have similar concerns for your own business affairs, so we believe such a joint venture will benefit both of our organizations.

Grey

Spoiler: To the Order
    Show
    We deal in services rather than physical goods. If you wish for information we would require the completion of tasks that our own agents cannot carry out.

(OOC: Not being specific because I don't know how much that census would require yet.)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

The Blue Company

Elwin turns to Tam. "Ah. You're the lady from earlier. I do hope our taking a table didn't cause you trouble. I'm Elwin Kazan. I don't believe we've met, miss...?"

"You're welcome to join us, if you wish, though as your friend discovered, we are not nearly as exciting as one might hope. We will be discussing tiresome matters like helping others, and how we can use our resources to accomplish that. Perhaps once that is done, and you get enough drink into us, we can tell some tales of our various travels and adventures."

He surveyed the assembled group. "Though I can tell you, I've traveled from the Bathic Duchies to Hexon, from Primidia to Vee, and I don't think I've ever seen such an impressive group of individuals in one place."

22. - Top - End - #112

Tam beams at Torac. "From what I heard you hung him from his own flagpole by his undergarments, though, so I'd say the slight was avenged. Ah! Hold on. Rubio?" She glances back, to one of the handsome young men who came downstairs with here. "The minutes for Mister Torac, if you please." Rubio offers a slim bow, and hands Torac a scroll of parchment. "That's everything we discussed upstairs. Sorry you couldn't make it, but feel free to let me know if you've got concerns or want to help with any of it."

Tam beams at Elwin and takes a seat, next to Maria as it happens. "Thank you so much. I'm Tam, the leader of the Guild of Negotiable Affections. No, no trouble at all. I shan't be here long, actually, got an appointment with a handsome gentlemen requesting the best of escorts later, so my time, alas, is short."

"And what you're doing down here sounds an awful lot like what we've been doing upstairs. Overheard some of it, we did."

She glances over at Torac. "You know, some of the Calton Street refugees probably have military experience. Most of them no, the ones who stayed to fight are probably dead, but some of the remainder could be a good recruiting pool if you asked nicely and offered room and board."

Tam smiles and nods to Argentum. "There's much to do and little time, but I think between our groups we're making a good start on it."

Her smile grows as she turns to Sovereign. "Good day, yer lordship, forgive the mess. Bit surprised to see you here uninvited, I must confess. What woes, oh spirit, do you plan to address?"
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2017-11-04 at 12:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

The Blue Company

Elwin flushes when Tam explains her job. "The Guild of -" He coughs. "I see. Well. Uh. Welcome, Tam."

He returns to his seat. "So, back to business, if it's no trouble. Cursecatching in the Mill and finding Ms. Yately. I'm prepared to commit what I can to these, but I'll need help if we're going to pull them off and make a name for the Guild."

"Do we have any takers?"
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2017-11-04 at 12:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Heroes' meeting

"Right."
    Torac takes a set of small spectacles from his pocket and glances through the minutes quickly. He frowns and his lips move slowly while he is reading. Quite evidently, he goes back over some lines several times. Then he nods again and stands up, walking a few steps away from the table to a more quiet corner.
    "Ladies, gentlemen, if you would excuse me for a minute..."

Tam [Morale 4]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Our resources are getting stretched this turn anyway. However, I think I can help with the refugee problem, at least. First of all, I have high standing in the blacksmith's guild. Please, put the word out. If there are any among the refugees who know their way around a forge, or want to learn, I'm sure I can find places for some of them with my colleagues. Or in my shop.
    I'm also planning to put together a militia. We're already producing javelins, spears, helmets and shields as quickly as we can. If there are any among them who know their way around weapons, I'll pay well for anyone who can work as a drill sergeant. Or wants to be a recruit."

25. - Top - End - #115

Guild of Negotiable Affections

Morale 5

Torac
    Spoiler
    Show

"Of course, my dear. I'll let them know, and thank you." She hugs Torac. "This is precisely what I was trying to get going, I'm very glad you're on board." Her smile could rival the sun. (OOC: If you want to contribute temporary reputation at EoT, it could help with the plan too. Up to you though.)

Calton Refugees
    Spoiler
    Show

I just had a talk with Torac, head of House Danmorsay. He's going to put in a word with the blacksmith's guild, who can use anyone who has metalworking experience. He's also trying to start up a militia, so he could use anyone with military experience or strong arms and a willingness to fight. We're bearing fruit already! Hang in there, we'll see you through!

26. - Top - End - #116

Sovereign

To Mortenkam
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey Mortenkam, I going to do a separate PM meeting in Maple Park with other people. I believe this means that, if you have Espionage higher than a participant's Morale, you can read those messages. Otherwise not.

The Order (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sadly, it seems We have been too slow.
    We shall join the race,
    Even if it is for naught.

Archduke Richard, The Order (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should you prefer soldiers to rats,
    And these Quests to matter,
    Ourself and The Order shall slay the Serpent.

The Good Doctor's Guild (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This plague in Cardova.
    The cause,
    Sabotage?

An attack by the Oronvee?
    Or a traitor within?
    We would appreciate anything you uncover as to the source.

Maple Park Leyline Meeting [Chemosh and Apprentices, Professor Falkar] (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deep in the woods of Clock Park,
    As deep as the light forest can be...
    Sits the Maple Tree.

Sovereign stares onwards,
    Entranced by the dance of power.
    Our power?

The druids and mages leave the spirit to wander.
    Out of respect, fear, or exasperation,
    We know not.

Not turning to the guests, but knowing nonetheless, the spirit speaks.

"Our city bleeds.
    The Ooze and the Claw, spawned from the Lines.
    What next, what else?

Four Leylines,
    Two Monsters,
    So far.

What of Stone Circle, and the Oronvee,
    Should they salt the wound?
    An end, a beginning, or just a monster anew?"

Rethel Vex (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have forgotten the folk tales told to children.
    Of monsters, of horrors,
    of death.

What deaths We seek,
    We know not.
    But what is the cost?

• The Lady of Storms
    • General Carser
    • Ironbreaker
    • Hector Junior
    • Voya Saulker
    • Alicia Saulker
    • Castiana Saulker
    • Archduke Richard
    • Ourself

Archduke Richard (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steward,

You wound the good of this city with your tax.
    Those who aid it should not pay the same as those who do not.
    Those who aid it should not pay at all.

[OOC: Referring to the Archduke as Steward because Sovereign is obviously the Sovereign.

This is definitely not the first time this has happened, and Albernsire probably corrects him every time but lets it drop.

Proposal: Anyone who helps with a Quest should be exempt from the Wartax.]

Alicia Saulker, Castiana Saulker (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't suppose you can set aside your differences for the sake of the city?
    A truce, a break, a pause, while under siege?
    There are Oronvee to kill, and coin to be made.

Mercurious Shander (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A shame.
    We believe your current task is of more import.
    For now.

Do you worry for Stone Circle?
    Do the Oronvee know of the Leyline?
    Can they break it?

Will Ironbreaker march with the Oronvee?
    Or, march just behind?
    Should We worry?

Fortress For Hire (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course.
    When does your current contract end?
    And, should We seek to possibly buy it out, whom do We contact?

Alto Vassrigar (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A soldier against the Oronvee.
    Maybe others.
    What can you do?

[OOC: Asking for his VIP level, basically. Looking at using him for some quests, maybe.
    Destroy the Oronvee Scouts? (Difficulty 5 Military)
    Slay the Beast in Saltmarket? (Difficulty 6 Military)]

Agda Ali (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disrupt?
    How does one disrupt the Lines?
    Do the Oronvee know?

How does one re-rupt the Lines?
    Do you know?
    Do you wish to?

The Heron Knight (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will you?
    Should We seek aid,
    Are you available?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2017-11-04 at 07:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order

Morale 5

Sovereign
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who then has stolen a march on us? I am eager to cross blades with the Serpents Strike once gain, maybe I shall have to garner further support elsewhere.

Owl Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    No problem. Maybe we shall do business another time.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Sovereign

Without a glance,
    The Alchemist's projectile freezes in space,
    Beer and shards, perfectly suspended.

Eyes still on Kazan,
    The spirit shakes the offered hand,
    Cold iron and a slight jolt of mana.

The only intruders march on our gate.
    All are welcome here, should they seek a life to live,
    And not lives to take.

Claiming a seat at the table,
    Was it there before?
    Sovereign returns Ironheart's wave and grin.

Torac.
    Our apologies.
    We hope you no longer howl to the full moon?

With a stop, and a start,
    The grin wavers.
    Face to the half elf madam, through a half smile creeps,

We are Sovereign.
    We are Ascant.
    We are always invited.

Returning to the smile,
    To all assembled here,
    Sovereign announces,

"We seek to right the woes,
    Of the city,
    Of the world.

So We petition you,
    All of you,
    That We may join your Guild.

The Order (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    House Calton.

The Grievers outweigh even Us.

They have claimed the Steward's war effort.

All of it.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

The Order

Morale 5

Sovereign
    Spoiler
    Show
    A House of ancient great name and recent great tragedy, their word carries such weight as to be insurmountable. Nevertheless the will of the Flame shall not be denied. I intend to press my case with all the influence at my disposal. Can I count on your support? As I said, we shall share one quarter of the ransom with Sovereign in gratitude.

Order of the Legacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brothers and Sisters, I must call on your support. I have learned the House Carlton intend to claimall of the bounties. The war martyrs have turned influence brokers, thus does war winnow the strong and the weak alike. This is bad for the defense of the city, however of far greater importance is this; Kira's holy Flame commands that I ride out to answer the Oronvee scouts, the Serpent's Strike. I ask that you throw the influence of your whole Order behind our application for that contract

Rivergate Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worthy Merchants I must request a boon from you. The Flame has shown me that I must ride out to answer the Serpent's Strike, yet House Carlton intend to claim that bounty for themselves, something they are ill prepared for. I ask that you throw your influence in court behind my Order's suit.

The Good Doctors Guild
    Spoiler
    Show
    My good Doctor I have a request to make. I intend to claim the bounty for the Oronvee scouts, the Serpent's Strike, yet I require political support. Could I count on yours?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

The Great House of Calton

Heroes' meeting

Gabriel of Calton listens to the conversation going on, nodding to newcomers. The arrival of Sovereign did surprise and startle him, after which he looked with interest. All in all, Gabriel kept himself aside for most of the conversation, looking thoughtful. The reason for this is soon explained.

"My sincere apologies, but I unfortunately need to decline from joining an organization as heroes. I have my own duties and obligations with the Great House of Calton. I do thank you for this invite, it is illuminating to meet so many people."

Morale: 1

Spoiler: The Ska
    Show
    Dear Mr Ska,

It brings happiness to me to hear that your kin is willing to show their dedication to Ascant and seeking opportunities to prove your reputation. Since you mention you have had contact with His Majesty, The King, and he has offered you a different suggestion already, I am confident your proposal to allow the Ska to fulfill the task at hand in its entirety will not be accepted by His Majesty, The King. Otherwise His Majesty would have suggested this task to you in the first place. Therefore, it is my personal recommendation that myself and a group of our soldiers would cooperate alongside the forces you are are willing to commit to this task.

If I may ask, what are your plans to commit to this task? I had hoped to find it in your offer, so that I could gain the confidence the task will be achievable.

Yours sincerely,
    Leonora, Lady of Calton

The letter is signed in wax with the symbol of the Great House of Calton.

(OOC: Proposing to dedicate my VIP and 1 Mil.)

Spoiler: Coin Punch Coach House Balcony, VIP PM
    Show
    Aulus of Calton's eyes widen upon hearing William's words. He leans over, restraining himself to show further expression about this turn of events. "Your work is more than commendable!" While he hides it from his expression, the admiration is clearly audible in his voice. "By all means, please bring them to the Great House of Calton. We will provide an escort. Your bravery you and yours display by bringing the horses with you is profound! You honour us all." The mask Aulus is trying to keep up is slipping as he seems touched by the courage.

"The Great House of Calton intends to vacate space in the mansion and other places to house Calton refugees. We welcome you, as well as those you chose. Unfortunately, the House does not have the facilities to house everybody. Our solution is simple in idea, but difficult in execution. Beat the Oronvee back from this city and rid the Northern Reaches of them. Then, the refugees can return to their home lands and work the fields again, providing food. Unfortunately, I realise well that this is not achievable currently and until such a time, the people of Calton would need to be taken care of. The idea raised by Miss Tam is of merit, and we will support it. We will ofcourse welcome anyone back to Calton in a future where it is once liberated, but in the mean time a future as citizen here is better than a refugee."

In response to Tam's summary, Aulus states the position of the Great House of Calton."The war is of great concern to us, so we will dedicate our forces to that effort. This means we will unfortunately not be able to aid with the problems at Abern Square. Nor are we in a position to involve ourselves in the district of Miss Fallwaft. We have no current business with Ascant Industries at this time and in light of this meeting, we will not intend to do so in the near future."

Morale: 1
    Spoiler: A moonlit walk with Aulus
    Show
    When hearing about the cooperating faction, Aulus nods. A small smile appears at one comment. "Do not fear, I do not any such allergy." Continuing to listen carefully, it is clear Tam has Aulus' attention. The references she throws in her speech cause no further reactions on Aulus, as he keeps any reactions he has to them hidden.

When she mentions the measures necessary for war, which would not apply outside, Aulus nods. "Understandable. I admit I was wondering if I the offer would interest you in the first place. It is that I am fortunate enough to hear you already had plans of your own."

"Here we are indeed in Tock Street. The pleasure was all mind, Madam. Let us part as friends indeed and look forward to a fruitful cooperation. I will send word about whether the task is granted to us. I then trust to hear from you where we will meet the next time, and hope to meet the third party there, so we can further align our plans. I wish you a good night, and until next we meet, Miss Tam".

Spoiler: GM PM
    Show
    Based on the King's last IC reply I had concluded it would be tough for me to get the quests. Your previous PM did state as much. I don't expect the Great House of Calton to get the quests if I don't send another message to the King. I still have to persuade the King to award me all the quests. I have given the sending of other messages priority, so I have a better case available to me to present to him. I expect Midturn to happen on monday, so I will send a message to him before then in hopes of convincing him.

I do realise the quests are difficult and I can't complete them all by myself. Failing them would endanger my faction and the city even more so. The reputation of my faction is on the line. I hope, however, that when I, and the factions I intend to cooperate with, state what is dedicated to the quests, they will be significant enough!
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2017-11-05 at 05:58 AM.