New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I despise this chapter. I have nothing else to say.
    Huh? Did I miss something? It was much more on the stupid side of things and certainly not great but despicable...?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Huh? Did I miss something? It was much more on the stupid side of things and certainly not great but despicable...?
    I'm in a poor mood so the bad comedy came off way worse.

3. - Top - End - #303

New chapter!

Suika gets to be useful!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

At this point is it fair to assume these people (except maybe for the leader itself) aren't the source of the WHY signals? Aside from the petrifying blast, they don't seem that advanced yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    At this point is it fair to assume these people (except maybe for the leader itself) aren't the source of the WHY signals? Aside from the petrifying blast, they don't seem that advanced yet.
    Their lying, and likely sit atop a pile of technological know-how. Or at the very least a radio station set up by the astronauts.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think we know enough yet to make a qualified judgement... I used to think the higher ups were tech savy but now I'm inclined to believe at least those guys don't know anything, apart from what they need to know. Could be a farce, of course.

Also, the trading cards are kind of hilarious.

Also also, that's not how light works.......
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #307

I don't think we know enough yet to make a qualified judgement... I used to think the higher ups were tech savy but now I'm inclined to believe at least those guys don't know anything, apart from what they need to know. Could be a farce, of course.

Also, the trading cards are kind of hilarious.

Also also, that's not how light works.......
    Well, clearly it's not light then. Mysterious~

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Well, clearly it's not light then. Mysterious~
    Light might be a poor word here and "not how it works" a too short critique. But I'm pretty convinced the story will hinge upon the petrification being some kind of 'light' and of course that would not have unlimited range (underwater) but from a person's perspective you don't see a big ball that stops short of you, neither underwater nor in the air. But we all know Stone stretches science at times.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #309

new chapter!

JOKES!

I don't really mind, I'm just not a big fan of it. I do like how, without her glasses, Suika was squinting a lot. That was nice a detail.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I like the jokes well enough. Though I guess this was more slapstick comedy? Also, I wonder if I should try this experiment... But probably better outdoors.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #311

Okay now that the boys are getting in on it (aside from Soyev's, which is a joke I don't really like) things are good and funny again. I extremely EXTREMELY ****ing like Girl!Senku's design, and Girl!Gen's rock-scar being cute looking too is adorable a piece of art design.

And of course the fact that they involved Ginro at all means Ginro is going to win. Hahaaah... great. But like in a good, funny way great.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

I mean... I guess Senku could be cute but his facial expression totally ruins it. And Soyus... Well, Japan is still a bit less sensitive on PC issues. Such jokes are not really an issue there, as they might be elsewhere. I think.

Also, my maybe bigger issue is... You can't pretend Kohaku just got beautiful when she always was. It doesn't matter if she was tomboyish, like before you just can't sell her as unattractive and suddenly attractive...

Also also, yes, Ginny will totally win.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #313

I mean... I guess Senku could be cute but his facial expression totally ruins it. And Soyus... Well, Japan is still a bit less sensitive on PC issues. Such jokes are not really an issue there, as they might be elsewhere. I think.

Also, my maybe bigger issue is... You can't pretend Kohaku just got beautiful when she always was. It doesn't matter if she was tomboyish, like before you just can't sell her as unattractive and suddenly attractive...

Also also, yes, Ginny will totally win.
    Yeah that was my concern with this arc. Kohaku doesn't look anything other than gorgeous, so the change is... basically just a hair thing with her. Seeing the guys get in on it at least makes it palatable for jokes, and Ginro being involved means he's going to win so that's fine.

Maybe it's just me but I actually REALLY like Senku's expression.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's just me but I actually REALLY like Senku's expression.
    Okay, I hope it's not sexist if I say all (or most) people look better with a smile and 'I hate this and I might murder you' faces might be funny but not cute. Maybe on an angry puppy but that's it.
    Seriously, I love it when the art goes over the top funny / weird with faces and I think that's another occasion of that.
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #315

It's not sexist to say people, in general, look nicer when they're smiling. That's just kind of a thing.

I am a shameless bi who looks at an exaggerated expression of "ugh, really? **** off" and start to fan myself off a bit. It's a tsundere thing I guess, like Asuka saying "what you think you're allowed to say words at me?"

Also Senku is EXACTLY an angry puppy.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-06-24 at 01:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I totally get the appeal of a nice Tsundere, but that is far too much tsun and not enough dere for my taste. Also, I guess it might be more prominent makeup than I like, but it's really more the literal disgust all over it.

Also, I forgot but this chapter reminds me how gross living in the stone age must be... they just invented shampoo. And honestly, I don't think they go about washing their hair regularly. (This might explain Senku's hair, though)
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #317

It's time for Stone!

It occurs to me that... of course there's going to be multiple people chosen. It is a HAREM after all, why limit yourself to one per month or whatever. Interesting set up though with Kohaku... even if the legit threat of rape from our villain is a bit "eeeh we didn't need that".
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-06-30 at 03:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

It's time for Stone!

It occurs to me that... of course there's going to be multiple people chosen. It is a HAREM after all, why limit yourself to one per month or whatever. Interesting set up though with Kohaku... even if the legit threat of rape from our villain is a bit "eeeh we didn't need that".
    I feel like if the guy tries to rape Kohaku he won't live long enough to regret it. Ginny might be in more danger.
    Also... I ferociously refuse to believe this earring would work. Also, that they can watch them from kilometers away without a telescope.

And... so the weapon is not a consumable? I'm somehow confused, but maybe that's just because I was very certain it was.
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #319

I feel like if the guy tries to rape Kohaku he won't live long enough to regret it. Ginny might be in more danger.
    Also... I ferociously refuse to believe this earring would work. Also, that they can watch them from kilometers away without a telescope.

And... so the weapon is not a consumable? I'm somehow confused, but maybe that's just because I was very certain it was.
    There's a string attached to the weapon, which is both to judge distance and to reel it back. IT seems likely it might be resuable instead of a consumable.

Crystal radios are real they just suck. They're like potato batteries. The only reason this plan really works is because Kohaku has powerful sense.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

There's a string attached to the weapon, which is both to judge distance and to reel it back. IT seems likely it might be resuable instead of a consumable.

Crystal radios are real they just suck. They're like potato batteries. The only reason this plan really works is because Kohaku has powerful sense.
    I know, but in my head it was just to measure distance and as a remote, not for retrieval. I guess because I just somehow convinced myself it was some kind of grenade / flash bang, but that's because I have no idea what else it might be.

Oh, I knew they exist but I refuse to believe one that size would work, at least for anything other than transmitting inaudible vibrations. But it's not the first time Senku used magic.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #321

New stones!

Particularly, an interesting set up. That dog man is what Magma initially felt like, but played genuinely. I like it.

Also the anime is out now and it's ****ing brilliantly done. This is going to be a good anime if it continues like this.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Starting the anime(only finished episode 1 so far) and curious, does Taiju stay a main character? And like, how main? I'm liking him a lot more than the onion haired dude so far. Like, sure that guy has quirky invention stuff, but Taiju seems to have a lot stronger motivation and character development so far, and a nicer personality.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Starting the anime(only finished episode 1 so far) and curious, does Taiju stay a main character?
    Not...really. It seemed after the first real arc's end...that they were going to switch back and forth between Senku and Taiju as they explored and rallied the Stone World to their side. That really doesn't happen. Saying anymore would be super spoilery. The short and long of it is, no. Taiju is not a main character.

And like, how main?
    Like, first tier Secondary Character after the first real arc. Maybe even second. He's not present in the current arc of the manga but we know he's doing things elsewhere. He's an important character but he's not anywhere close to Senku like the first arc might make him seem.

I'm liking him a lot more than the onion haired dude so far. Like, sure that guy has quirky invention stuff, but Taiju seems to have a lot stronger motivation and character development so far, and a nicer personality.
    Yeah, it's weird how they sort of switch to Senku at first. It makes more sense moving on. Senku is absolutely the main character of the series with an array of people around him he taps to use their particular useful talents. Taiju becomes part of that "harem" for Senku and those tasks keep Taiju away for long stretches of time as the series progresses.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-07-13 at 07:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... darn.
    I wonder if maybe the writer had originally planned to focus on him more, but changed it as the story went on?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Well... darn.
    I wonder if maybe the writer had originally planned to focus on him more, but changed it as the story went on?
    Given the title of the story it seems pretty clear who was meant to be the main character... I don't know if he planned something else in the beginning but there isn't really anything that makes me suspect they changed their plans.
    Also, I feel like one episode is a poor measure to judge how likeable characters are, unless they act rightout evil.

Also, new chapter. Geez, Ginro, genius.
    And damn puzzles that can only be solved by Japanese speakers. But... that first one really is a stretch.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #326

I don't know, that does look like the plastic that Chrome showed.

But yeah no how ****ing hard must this have been to translate? Jesus. Good job on them for making it as sensible as they could.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Something I did find kind of funny about some of comments I read on the first episode; a surprising amount of folks thought that Senku and Taiju not adding yeast to their wine was either an oversight or some sort of censorship.
    Which... it wasn't. Before very very modern brewing, stuff like that often just used airborne stuff. So the "mistake" was actually an accuracy.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #328

I'm pretty sure the manga has them explicitly explain that, too. Did the anime not?

29. - Top - End - #329

New chapter!

It kinda feels like it comes too easy, which I realize is A Thing with this series, but I did like it at least. Ginro doing spear work as part of a dance is really clever.

I'm just curious if the Soyuz capsule is actually going to HAVE stuff in it. What if it didn't survive?

30. - Top - End - #330

New chapter!

I feel like it's really important to emphasize this message, and I'm glad we got it again. Family is who we love.