The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 342
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Oh, I know. I'm just wondering if the recording is a capella (?) and if nobody will wonder about that. Because it seemed like there was music?
    Don't get me wrong, I liked it. Even if the Calculations were a bit... Well, lucky, I guess. But the plot moves on.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    I forget how we beat Homura, what happened again? Also oh man, arrow guy didn't want to kill them for reasonable reasons. Though he was GOING to kill Magma.

    Chrome meets Tsukasa, and Senku begins operation: make a car. Decent chapter all around.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I forget how we beat Homura, what happened again? Also oh man, arrow guy didn't want to kill them for reasonable reasons. Though he was GOING to kill Magma.

    Chrome meets Tsukasa, and Senku begins operation: make a car. Decent chapter all around.
    Information warfare. Telling the three chased to turn around and pincer her between both teams, basically.

    I really wonder what will happen between Chrome and tsukasa... realistically? Torture to get information? But unlikely.
    Also, going by Senku's smartphone he will invent the cart. Or maybe a really inefficient engine to go along with it. Okay, probably the latter. He has his crazy craftsman, so he can likely do it.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    And then Senku made a steam engine. It probably took more than a few days to be honest, talk about condensed time.

    The stuff with Chrome was real good though!


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    And then Senku made a steam engine. It probably took more than a few days to be honest, talk about condensed time.

    The stuff with Chrome was real good though!
    I'm surprised they apparently skipped over most of the details of the engine... Thebn again, it's super simple and inefficient, better gloss over that latter part. But it works.

    Also, slightly unimpressed by both sites of the Tsukasa / Chrome meeting. The former doesn't employ torture, only threats, even almost wasting his prisoner, the latter doesn't even attempt to mislead him. Oh well. Curious about the archer, though.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    I think it'd be hilarious if it turned out, at the end of the day, behind all his bluster and strength, Tsukasa was actually just stupid. He read a lot of manga so he knows how to come off as this super cool enigmatic powerful villain, and his strength definitely helps with that, but he's the type of guy who read the Overlord's List and was like "yeah sure I'd never do this **** if I became evil" and then immediately forgot it was even a thing.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Well, he isn't a genius, neither in Senku's nor Gen's sense of the phrase, but this is still... Okay, he's also not a textbook villain. He aims to be a good king... Kind of. And I guess murder is less evil than torture?


    Not much new.. Acknowledgement of the "car's" problems, improvements and instantly plans to make it more crazy!
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Honk honk it's the gorilla mobile. Gonna turn this baby into a tank. I like that Chrome is an active participant in his eventual escape, Suika is a good scout.

    Dr Stone is a manga that is fine.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Senku is crazier than I thought... Also, I guess, good thing making playstic is super easy (?)
    And... Geez, Chrome, I'm sure this will work out great... But I guess he has little choice because Tsukasa is actually kind of smart. Let's hope this jail cell is remotely secure and the guards are not idiots. Or rather, hope for the opposite?
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

    Senku is crazier than I thought... Also, I guess, good thing making playstic is super easy (?)
    And... Geez, Chrome, I'm sure this will work out great... But I guess he has little choice because Tsukasa is actually kind of smart. Let's hope this jail cell is remotely secure and the guards are not idiots. Or rather, hope for the opposite?
    New chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Honestly aside from the unhardened plastic, I think even I could make this invention. It's really kinda cool!

    Also yeah I don't believe for a second Senku doesn't think there will be traps. It'll be nice to see what Chrome tries though!


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    New chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aside from the whole "just found a battery out of nowhere" bit, this chapter was pretty great actually.

    also I really like this bad cop mother****er as a villain. Interesting he's got a chunk of rock still on his face.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Well, they have more than one ally in the camp by now. My guess would be fangirl helped him out..
    But while my chemistry high point is a few years away, I don't think you get hydrochlorite by electrolysis with an archaic battery.. But I might have to check. But good job.. And good luck the rest of the way.

    Yeah, he has a cool design and an amusingly evil character.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    The chemistry of what he is doing is actually correct. Im mostly doubting if you can get the battery strong enough to drive the reaction at any meaningful speed.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    The chemistry of what he is doing is actually correct. Im mostly doubting if you can get the battery strong enough to drive the reaction at any meaningful speed.
    Yeah, I was mixing up chlorite and chlorate.. Though I could be as wrong on that. I think they mentioned the voltage of the batteries at some point and it was decent (?)
    Eh, best to not sweat the details too much.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    New Chapter!

    Spoiler
    Show
    ...well. Okay. Sure.

    They make it WORK, it feels EARNED, but...it also feels easy at the same time. If that makes sense.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Yeah.. But I guess they do explain the steps he takes : distracting the guards, pole vaulting the pits, outsmarting Yo(?). I guess my biggest complaint is actually how turning liquid red makes you spit a fountain of liquid.
    But it's fine, I'll chalk it up to the guards massively underestimating him.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah.. But I guess they do explain the steps he takes : distracting the guards, pole vaulting the pits, outsmarting Yo(?). I guess my biggest complaint is actually how turning liquid red makes you spit a fountain of liquid.
    But it's fine, I'll chalk it up to the guards massively underestimating him.
    I mean he spit a fountain of liquid by before hand shoving all that plant matter in his mouth and chewing it to make a huge amount of the red paste. All he had to do was spit a lot and bam, instant fake blood.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Well, yes, but... I don't think I could gather enough spit to spit a fountain like that. Though, I will admit I never tried.

    Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

    Plan Idol Impersonation is working well, except against perfect hearing guy, but he is kind of on their side. (Which we could suspect for a while)
    But... damn, Senku, get your priorities straight! Ignoring whether or not trying to revive crumbled statues (or whether you will just cause people to suffere terribly) this is not the time for that! You're in the middle of a war, you can fix statues afterwards.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, yes, but... I don't think I could gather enough spit to spit a fountain like that. Though, I will admit I never tried.

    Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

    Plan Idol Impersonation is working well, except against perfect hearing guy, but he is kind of on their side. (Which we could suspect for a while)
    But... damn, Senku, get your priorities straight! Ignoring whether or not trying to revive crumbled statues (or whether you will just cause people to suffere terribly) this is not the time for that! You're in the middle of a war, you can fix statues afterwards.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair it's not like she can do anything to HELP the war effort, she's not actually very skilled beyond her sewing she's just very determined.

    I liked this chapter actually, I suspected one of the baddies gave him the battery. But yeah, onto the next arc I suppose!


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair it's not like she can do anything to HELP the war effort, she's not actually very skilled beyond her sewing she's just very determined.

    I liked this chapter actually, I suspected one of the baddies gave him the battery. But yeah, onto the next arc I suppose!
    Eh, she's not Senku but she's a smart and capable girl. I'm sure there's loads of things to do for her. But it's not like it's a major problem. It's just an instance of "showing how good a guy Senku is, is more important than being practical".
    I also liked the chapter but it starts to look like noone with half a brain actually wants to work with Tsukasa (which makes sense)
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Eh, she's not Senku but she's a smart and capable girl. I'm sure there's loads of things to do for her. But it's not like it's a major problem. It's just an instance of "showing how good a guy Senku is, is more important than being practical".
    I also liked the chapter but it starts to look like noone with half a brain actually wants to work with Tsukasa (which makes sense)
    I actually kinda like that aspect. Like you said, it makes sense! Tsukasa is hedging his bets and only reviving the dumb idiots and the evil *******s he is confident will stick with him. It's backfired a bit in two ways, the idiots easy to manipulate and the right nasty bastards not wanting to serve under him entirely. It's interesting to see play out.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

    We learn that the archer is actually a pacifist, which is interesting. I wonder how true it is, but still. We also see that...Hyouga and Tsukasa aren't as aligned as we think. Tsukasa, for all his genuine evil...really does truly care about every single person he's unearthed. Hyouga could care less.

    And of course it's time for TANK SHOCK AND AWE. I wonder how well it'll go...especially given Yo's cowardice allowed Tsukasa to learn Senku still yet lives.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Ah, totally forgot to comment here.
    But yes, while we knew Tsukasa wasn't all bad, this was a good humanizing moment for him, caused by the flaws of two of his subordinates. Hyouga had been established as ruthless earlier, so... I guess we'll see where that takes him. And how the runaway features into future events.
    Also, what impact Tsukasa's discovery will have on things.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Ah, totally forgot to comment here.
    But yes, while we knew Tsukasa wasn't all bad, this was a good humanizing moment for him, caused by the flaws of two of his subordinates. Hyouga had been established as ruthless earlier, so... I guess we'll see where that takes him. And how the runaway features into future events.
    Also, what impact Tsukasa's discovery will have on things.
    I feel like Senku's entire strategy involved Tsukasa staying on his throne while he intimidated everyone else. Knowing he's alive means Tsukasa will stop at nothing to go to where he is, and no amount of tank is going to scare him.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Well, those were twenty exciting seconds. With a few parts taking the series loose grasp of science a little too far. But it was still fun.
    Also, another girl who somehow either glues her clothes on or knows some other fashion magic I'm unaware off.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    This is a fun, interesting chapter. Definitely felt cool anyway.

    Also yeah that girl's definitely got some rocks stuck in her body to keep those clothes up. It's hard to tell sometimes, but sometimes not so much, that the artist for this used to do porn.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    I think we've talked about this before.. The art is definitely good, but it's clear once a chapter or so there has to be a glamor shot of a girl. And while pelt bikinis kind of lend themselves to that, if your series is about science, the clothes should also follow the laws of physics.
    Then again, I guess they kind of have to bent them anyway...

    Also, any guesses where the story will go next?
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I think we've talked about this before.. The art is definitely good, but it's clear once a chapter or so there has to be a glamor shot of a girl. And while pelt bikinis kind of lend themselves to that, if your series is about science, the clothes should also follow the laws of physics.
    Then again, I guess they kind of have to bent them anyway...

    Also, any guesses where the story will go next?
    Tsukasa shows up and has his own twenty seconds of kicking the ever loving **** out of everyone.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Tsukasa shows up and has his own twenty seconds of kicking the ever loving **** out of everyone.
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean where will the story go after this arc is over. It's not like Tsukasa is likely to be killed. And what with leagues of people about to be resurrected?
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dr. Stone: Stone Age Science fiction? what the heck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean where will the story go after this arc is over. It's not like Tsukasa is likely to be killed. And what with leagues of people about to be resurrected?
    Hmm. Probably creating civilization proper and the difficulties with that? Hyouga attempting to take over the world through Tsukasa?


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •