Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Not a great place
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    What kind of like is this, because for any of these types the following is really good advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Have you tried "I like you?"
    For specifically 'I like you, I think you're a beautiful person and want to see a movie with you/get dinner with you/pound you until dawn every day of the week' liking someone, My suggestion is as follows:

    1) Be clear, even the most perceptive people can get something wrong.
    2) Make sure that there at the very least none of their friends around, so that they don't feel pressured, ideally nobody else around.
    3) Make sure the situation itself doesn't make them uncomfortable.
    4) Make sure it's somewhere they leave if saying the words 'I like you' causes them to be uncomfortable.
    5) If they say no you have two choices: admit that it's how they feel and you don't have any claim to their liking, or kidnap them and lock them in your dungeon until they come to realise how good you are for them. One of these is the right choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Hey honey, wanna come to my place and watch me brushing my hair?
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Words are undervalued and people are stupid.
    This. I mean, some of us have problems reading body language and subtlety anyway, being direct is just polite. This applies to more than romantic signals, but especially then.

    No I am not just bitter that it took me three months and being told to realise a friend has romantic feelings for me.
    I prefer science fiction to fantasy, and generally play in the former genre. Due to this, I generally expect the laws of physics to apply to games, and work from that perspective.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scarlet Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Ham it up. "YOU! I like you! I suggest we seek out MANY EXCELLENT ADVENTURES together!

    "Or we could go for coffee, that works too."

    Or follow Neil Gaiman's advice. He's famous, he can't be wrong!
    I wonder if writers, due to their imagination, get crossed up with their signals more than the general population?

    "Dude, she's into me."
    "She said 'Hi'."
    "Yeah, but it was how she said it. Did you notice the breathy 'H'?"
    Last edited by Scarlet Knight; 2017-11-09 at 06:59 AM.
    Venite adoremus,
    venite adoremus,
    venite adoremus
    Dominum!

    Avatar by Vrythas

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Not a great place
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Ham it up. "YOU! I like you! I suggest we seek out MANY EXCELLENT ADVENTURES together!

    "Or we could go for coffee, that works too."

    Or follow Neil Gaiman's advice. He's famous, he can't be wrong!
    I wonder if writers, due to their imagination, get crossed up with their signals more than the general population?

    "Dude, she's into me."
    "She said 'Hi'."
    "Yeah, but it was how she said it. Did you notice the breathy 'H'?"
    Oh, totally. On the other hand...

    'Dude she's totally into you.'
    'Nah, you're reading too much into things.'
    'She kissed you!'
    'There's probably another explanation, she did drink a lot and maybe she spent the last year in France.'

    Very loosely based on a friend's experience.
    I prefer science fiction to fantasy, and generally play in the former genre. Due to this, I generally expect the laws of physics to apply to games, and work from that perspective.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    For specifically 'I like you, I think you're a beautiful person and want to see a movie with you/get dinner with you/pound you until dawn every day of the week' liking someone, My suggestion is as follows:
    Well, that escalated quickly.

    No pun intended.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    "Hey, let's go grab a coffee sometime."

    It's low pressure, low time commitment, and can leave things open if it goes really well.
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking)"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Vinyadan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    "Your hair looks like lavender, but smells like strawberries."

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mikemical's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Venezuela
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    "Your hair looks like lavender, but smells like strawberries."
    "What's your power level? Mine's pretty big..."

    On-topic: Don't make such a big deal out of it, or you're gonna end up like me, spending 5 months mustering up the courage to tell a girl I had been hanging out with for six months that I wanted to be more than just friends with her. By the time I asked her out, she literally yelled "finally!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

    "... The revolution will be televised
    But just the part that we can monetize..."

    - Shoot Em Up - Blue Stahli

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Not a great place
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: How do I tell someone I like them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    On-topic: Don't make such a big deal out of it, or you're gonna end up like me, spending 5 months mustering up the courage to tell a girl I had been hanging out with for six months that I wanted to be more than just friends with her. By the time I asked her out, she literally yelled "finally!"
    Oh certainly, this is definitely good advice. I once got a girl embarrassed that she hadn't noticed I'd liked her four months ago (she worked it out the day I admitted it to her).

    Although that has led to an interesting relationship, she held off telling me she'd developed feelings for me (two to three months after I told her I like her) until she left the country because she knew I'd immediately start trying to date her.

    OP, just remember that even if they don't yell finally or kiss you or whatever and only want to be friends, there's nothing wrong with that.
    I prefer science fiction to fantasy, and generally play in the former genre. Due to this, I generally expect the laws of physics to apply to games, and work from that perspective.

    Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •