New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Not understand the whole plan, but nodding along due to Tessannia’s confidence in explaining it...

And what of me and my mine? Do I join with the distraction or meet them at the front?
    Chief Hagar : "Thorak, you possess great wisdom. Just follow your instincts. The Waveraven is a fine little ship. It will carry you to victory."
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-14 at 06:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272

SolithKnightGuy

What hour of the day is it? hows the visibility? How long would it take for me, siegfried and the 3rd person to get to that narrow part of the lake, from there, how far would we be from one of the big ships?

Would the priests fog be nessesary for the distraction? or would an attack from the right side be enough?
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

3. - Top - End - #273

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    What hour of the day is it? hows the visibility? How long would it take for me, siegfried and the 3rd person to get to that narrow part of the lake, from there, how far would we be from one of the big ships?

Would the priests fog be nessesary for the distraction? or would an attack from the right side be enough?
    It's dark.

Rowing would take about 10 minutes in open water.

The Longships closest to shore are only about 60 to 75 feet from the narrowest point (from either shore).

You can use fog, but the confusion of mass battle is a distraction in itself.

Siegfried : "We should get moving soon. Once the battle starts and the ships start to move, it will be harder to sabotage them."
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-14 at 08:16 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    It's dark.

Rowing would take about 10 minutes in open water.

The Longships closest to shore are only about 60 to 75 feet from the narrowest point (from either shore).

You can use fog, but the confusion of mass battle is a distraction in itself.

Siegfried : "We should get moving soon. Once the battle starts and the ships start to move, it will be harder to sabotage them."
    Having confidence that people will know what to do, Tessanna and Siegfried moves... She has dressed in clothes suited for swimming in cold water, im imagining leather treated with duckfat or the like she is also bringing a 50ft rope, so is siegfried.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

As the two armies wait, a pre dawn fog slowly rolls in, blanketing the land and lake about a foot or two above the surface.

Tessania, Siegfried and two quick footed warriors apply fat soaked under leathers and black fur overlayers, and blackening their faces with a soot and fat paste. Thus camouflaged, they sneak off by boat to the east shore, 1000 feet away.

From the docks, Thorak and Laucien and the clan watch Tessanias team disembark and sneak into a small ravine that heads north, and lose sight of them.

Spoiler: Tessania POV
    Show

No sign of Murk or monsters on shore. A small 10 foot ravine heads north here, perfect cover to move parallel to the ships undetected.

Spoiler: Thorak and Laucien POV
    Show

You lose sight of Tessania and scan the eastern landscape that lays behind. About a mile to the east you notice a patch of darkness that seems a bit too dark. Could be just a patch of shadow from a forest. You watch it nervously. With dread you realize that the darkness begins to undulate westward, straight toward where Tessania and Siegfried are. A frightened commotion breaks out among the onlookers at the village. "It's the Murk!" "They're done for!"

From her vantage point in the Ravine, Tessania is unlikely to notice the Murk. Yet from this distance, you don't see many ways that you can get a warning across. And if you did, it may tip off the enemies just off shore as to the plan. Being so outnumbered, giving Tessania a chance to sabotage a ship is badly needed to even have a chance. You figure she has to sneak a little less than half a mile northward to be in position, and the Murk is about a mile away from her, and doesn't seem to be moving too fast at this time, though the speed of the Murk is variable and unpredictable.

This is 1 of 2 posts from this scene. Thorak and Laucien can take actions now if they come up with something, or choose to wait in formation as the battle will start soon. I'll follow up with post 2 later.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll distract it!"

Laucian dumps his equipment on the dock, taking only his bow and a quiver of arrows. Before jumping into a small boat, he turns to Mia.

Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Mia, we aren't your people, and you aren't bound by our codes of honor. If things go bad, take my stuff and leave."

Without waiting for a reply, he hops into a boat and begins rowing to shore as quickly as he can.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    "I'll distract it!"

Laucian dumps his equipment on the dock, taking only his bow and a quiver of arrows. Before jumping into a small boat, he turns to Mia.

Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Mia, we aren't your people, and you aren't bound by our codes of honor. If things go bad, take my stuff and leave."

Without waiting for a reply, he hops into a boat and begins rowing to shore as quickly as he can.

Mia solemnly watches you get into a boat and row away to your death. You push off the docks, your rowboat gliding through the low hanging fog. You turn around to get your bearings, and when you turn back, youre startled by a figure sitting across you in your boat.

"I don't want your shoddy, nasty gear. " Says Mia.

The clansfolk look on with awe as you and Mia vanish into the night on an apparent suicide mission.

Unbeknownst to you, several clansfolk noted that you spoke in another language to the mysterious foreigner...

8. - Top - End - #278

SolithKnightGuy

Mia solemnly watches you get into a boat and row away to your death. You push off the docks, your rowboat gliding through the low hanging fog. You turn around to get your bearings, and when you turn back, youre startled by a figure sitting across you in your boat.

The clansfolk look on with awe as you and Mia vanish into the night on an apparent suicide mission.

Unbeknownst to you, several clansfolk noted that you spoke in another language to the mysterious foreigner...
    Does tessanna notice Lucien and Mia rowing alone out on the sea?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Gods!" Laucian yells, nearly dropping the oars clutching his chest. "I'm already terrified as it is. How did you sneak onto my boat?"

Spoiler: The Plan
    Show
    Laucian had planned to quickly get on land and shoot some arrows into the Murk in an attempt to distract it, and if he couldn't reach the Murk he would shoot nearby rocks to generate a small bit of noise. Just enough to alert the Murk, but not the enemies to the location of Tessana. He also wanted to try shooting an iron arrow into the Murk and see if that did anything. Once the murk is focused on him, he would haul ass back to the boat. Mia could stay with the boat so they can leave faster, but if Mia has any better ideas, he'd love to hear them.

10. - Top - End - #280

Does tessanna notice Lucien and Mia rowing alone out on the sea?
    No way. You're about a quarter mile north already. The terrain gives you cover from being spotted by enemies, but prevents you from seeing that the Murk approaches. You're traveling in a long fissure that runs north.

11. - Top - End - #281

"Gods!" Laucian yells, nearly dropping the oars clutching his chest. "I'm already terrified as it is. How did you sneak onto my boat?"

Spoiler: The Plan
    Show
    Laucian had planned to quickly get on land and shoot some arrows into the Murk in an attempt to distract it, and if he couldn't reach the Murk he would shoot nearby rocks to generate a small bit of noise. Just enough to alert the Murk, but not the enemies to the location of Tessana. He also wanted to try shooting an iron arrow into the Murk and see if that did anything. Once the murk is focused on him, he would haul ass back to the boat. Mia could stay with the boat so they can leave faster, but if Mia has any better ideas, he'd love to hear them.
    Mia grins mischievously. "Sounds like a sound plan for committing suicide. Lead the way!"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mia grins mischievously. "Sounds like a sound plan for committing suicide. Lead the way!"
    Once we hit the shore, how far away is the murk? I want to run my maximum speed (dash from cunning action) and shoot a coral arrow at it, or a nearby rock.

13. - Top - End - #283

Laucien and Mia disembark and dash over the rolling hills toward the Murk, half a mile away to the northeast of them. The Murk has picked up speed, about 6 miles an hour now, or a speed of 60. At this rate it can reach Tessania and Siegfried in 5 minutes.

As Laucien and Mia near the top of a rise, they hear a shriek just on the other side of it. Mia grabs Laucien, and the two drop and roll beneath a shrubs foliage.

A woman lopes into view at the top of the rise, just 10 feet away from their hiding spot. Maggots undulate from her cheek as she moves with a jerky, erratic motion seeking the source of the sound, uttering odd grunting, chirping sounds. Laucien identifies it as a zombie "screamer" variant (Religion 10). These types have keener senses, and make an ungodly loud shriek when they spot prey or suspicious activity, calling the rest of the pack's attention. Zombies have herding instincts, so it's likely there are more nearby.

Laucien:

It hasn't noticed you yet, but it's investigating the area. If you kill her, it must be done quietly, lest she scream. Mia looks at you and makes a sign: take her out or wait? Mia takes a rag out and motions it over her mouth, as if to say she can stuff it in the zombies mouth. You've seen Mia body slam a dryad, so she must have some grappling skills despite her deceptively scrawny build.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien is pretty sure he can handle this himself, but if they both strike at once this could be over quickly. Plus he's been waiting for an opportunity to try something for a long time...

Peering out from the rock, he points at the zombie, whispering under his breath, then hides. (14+7=21)
    (True strike, cunning action (unless being hidden grants advantage on an attack anyway))

Roll to hit with coral arrow: 18+5=23
    Damage: 6+3=9, plus 6 sneak damage
    Last edited by Doctor-Dash; 2018-01-08 at 11:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Laucien is pretty sure he can handle this himself, but if they both strike at once tbis could be ober quickly. Plus he's been waiting for an opportunity to try something for a long time...

Peering out from the rock, he points at the zombie, whispering under his breath, then hides. (14+7=21)
    (True strike, cunning action (unless being hidden grants advantage on an attack anyway))

Roll to hit with coral arrow: 18+5=23
    Damage: 6+3=9, plus 6 sneak damage
    You hid successfully, allowing two consecutive actions.

You destroy the screamer with a clean shot to the throat. She falls silently. Gain 1 favor. Perhaps, you look over at Mia to she if she is impressed, but she just rolls her eyes, mocking your success. The Murk now has a 120 foot lead.

You're about to get out of the shrub when Mia yanks you back down. She points to the head of the rise.

A small herd of 20 crosses over the ridge, unwittingly headed in your direction. You note 2 screamers, 1 in front and 1 in back. The other 18 are of the runner variety. They're fast, but you can outrun them easily with dash+ cunning action. Others you once knew weren't so quick...

Though they don't see you, they're going to be stepping all around you and likely even over you in 1 round.

The Murk now has 180 foot lead.

16. - Top - End - #286

Tessania, you creep North along the ridge. You're quite safe from being spotted, and it's unremarkable. Siegfried attempts a hushed conversation.

"Tessania, I am familiar with your parents, _____ and _____. Honorable and fierce. True Celds. Though we often fought, we more often made amends. For a ferocious enemy makes the most loyal friend, if given the chance. That's how we always looked at it. I suppose the old ways of the north are over. Entropy... " He shrugs, and runs his fingers through his short, spiked hair.

Though I know your parents, I don't know much about you. I can see that you're not content to dwell here forever, though you are loyal, you have a dream that takes you off this small lake. Care to share it? "

17. - Top - End - #287

Thorak, you smell the tension among the clan. Around you, savage men and women shout, hit themselves, bang their weapons, riling each other up. You join them at times, collectively fueling peculiar, primitive cocktail of emotion prominent to Northern clans, yours in particular: bloodthirst, exuberance, fear, and lust. Wherever you go, the clansfolk seem to reach an even higher peak of frenzy, going nearly ballistic in their pre war rituals.

Chief Hagar watches this, looking pleased rather than jealous. You suspect he is too tired to be doing this himself, and is probably glad someone else is stepping up, moreso that it's you.

The priest stands beside you. "They see Kord in you. As if he were here." Says the priest. "It's been a long time since they fought together, as a clan. They feel replenished. If only for a battle. How did you come to be drawn to Kord?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thorak, you smell the tension among the clan. Around you, savage men and women shout, hit themselves, bang their weapons, riling each other up. You join them at times, collectively fueling peculiar, primitive cocktail of emotion prominent to Northern clans, yours in particular: bloodthirst, exuberance, fear, and lust. Wherever you go, the clansfolk seem to reach an even higher peak of frenzy, going nearly ballistic in their pre war rituals.

Chief Hagar watches this, looking pleased rather than jealous. You suspect he is too tired to be doing this himself, and is probably glad someone else is stepping up, moreso that it's you.

The priest stands beside you. "They see Kord in you. As if he were here." Says the priest. "It's been a long time since they fought together, as a clan. They feel replenished. If only for a battle. How did you come to be drawn to Kord?"
    My clansmen honor me. I hope to return the favor....

It was during a great storm once some years ago. We (a small war band) were out patrolling and the skies were angry. We came under attack by (insert rival clan). They caught us off guard, in the cover of the rain and thunder. I... remember everything happening so fast. And then it all slowed down. A stroke of lightning in the distance caught my eye. It broke in slow motion. The yelling of my clansmen became muted by the clap of thunder. Against all odds, we were able to defeat them. It was then that I witnessed the power of the storm. It was then that I knew that Kord had called me.

With his blessing I have been much better use to our people. I await to see what else he has in store for me.

Am I waiting for an attack? I am a bit confused. Thought we were going to be decoys for the chieftain's ship, now it seems that I am still at the camp, ashore. Either way, how long before all hell breaks loose?
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler: Thorak
    Show
    My clansmen honor me. I hope to return the favor....

It was during a great storm once some years ago. We (a small war band) were out patrolling and the skies were angry. We came under attack by (insert rival clan). They caught us off guard, in the cover of the rain and thunder. I... remember everything happening so fast. And then it all slowed down. A stroke of lightning in the distance caught my eye. It broke in slow motion. The yelling of my clansmen became muted by the clap of thunder. Against all odds, we were able to defeat them. It was then that I witnessed the power of the storm. It was then that I knew that Kord had called me.

With his blessing I have been much better use to our people. I await to see what else he has in store for me.

Am I waiting for an attack? I am a bit confused. Thought we were going to be decoys for the chieftain's ship, now it seems that I am still at the camp, ashore. Either way, how long before all hell breaks loose?
    Dm voice: Yes, this is all happening as you're preparing for war. Boarding the ships, making last minute formations, etc.

Priest: "Yes. I recall that particular raid by the Crowkin clan, the same which leads war against us now. They have always resented us as being the founding clan, and our warriors most gifted.

"I have prepared some herbal tinctures to aid you and Zorg. May these be of no use... " The priest hands you a potion belt with a nifty, sexy fur flap. 2 cure potions, and 1 each of Bull Strength, Bears endurance, Owls Wisdom.

The priest regards the dog, standing proud and stoic at your heel. "Thorak, that is no hunting breed. It's clear it has a strong strain of the ancient breeds. It is said that the first Celd made a pact with wolves, and fought beside them as equals. They were given proper names, and regarded as clan members. Let me show you. " The priest leads you into his hut, and dusts off an ancient set of armor. " This belonged to Skoll, a mighty wolf from far back in our history. It should fit this dog. "

" You and your friends should give him a name. He deserves it. "

Dog receives Battle Armor of Skoll. AC 14.

You board the Waveraven and prepare for battle.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-26 at 02:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

SolithKnightGuy

Tessania, you creep North along the ridge. You're quite safe from being spotted, and it's unremarkable. Siegfried attempts a hushed conversation.

"Tessania, I am familiar with your parents, _____ and _____. Honorable and fierce. True Celds. Though we often fought, we more often made amends. For a ferocious enemy makes the most loyal friend, if given the chance. That's how we always looked at it. I suppose the old ways of the north are over. Entropy... " He shrugs, and runs his fingers through his short, spiked hair.

Though I know your parents, I don't know much about you. I can see that you're not content to dwell here forever, though you are loyal, you have a dream that takes you off this small lake. Care to share it? "
    Yes Siggy og Roarmondur were very respected in the clan, in spite of their controversial ideas. One of which treating the wounds of the enemies.
    They never enjoyed the fight cross clans, and found it to be counterproductive, and an acceptance of the state of things. Of course we fight for territory when the Murk has it all.
    After the death of my father, my mother realized that change wouldn't come with her, but perhaps with me.
    Sigga believed that the murk could be fought, or reduced, she never found out how, of course, but she studied it as much as possible. Until it took her.

I will fight it but first things first... we need to get a move on. I dont like being stationary.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Spoiler: Tessania
    Show
    Yes Siggy og Roarmondur were very respected in the clan, in spite of their controversial ideas. One of which treating the wounds of the enemies.
    They never enjoyed the fight cross clans, and found it to be counterproductive, and an acceptance of the state of things. Of course we fight for territory when the Murk has it all.
    After the death of my father, my mother realized that change wouldn't come with her, but perhaps with me.
    Sigga believed that the murk could be fought, or reduced, she never found out how, of course, but she studied it as much as possible. Until it took her.

I will fight it but first things first... we need to get a move on. I dont like being stationary.
    Siegfried looks stricken. "I didn't know. I've only recently returned from years of traveling. This news is a great loss to all clans."

"In my travels I've learned new cultures, songs, and languages. There is even a kind of large village at the edge of a huge waterfall built with polished rocks that are not Coral, high into the sky. The city is populated by learned folk, very different from our own. It is there where I too studied the Murk, and the dark side of Aegir, for this city lies only a few miles away from the darkness, where criminals are banished and monsters lurk. I will share my findings with you if we get a chance. Let's proceed."
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-26 at 02:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

SolithKnightGuy

Siegfried looks stricken. "I didn't know. I've only recently returned from years of traveling. This news is a great loss to all clans."

"In my travels I've learned new cultures, songs, and languages. There is even a kind of large village at the edge of a huge waterfall built with polished rocks that are not Coral, high into the sky. The city is populated by learned folk, very different from our own. It is there where I too studied the Murk, and the dark side of Aegir, for this city lies only a few miles away from the darkness, where criminals are banished and monsters lurk. I will share my findings with you if we get a chance. Let's proceed."
    Tessanna look at Siegfried.
    "my mother told me stories about a place like this. A place of knowledge and wonder. Ive imagined and dreamed of going there. Never actually believed it truly existed. And now you tell me it does?! A few weeks before she was taken, se told me that she had made new discoveries that she needed to discuss with people more knowledgeable than her. She spoke of needing the assistance of an old friend. Could that have been you?

Completely engulfed in the conversation, Tessanna will hardly notice a fireball exploding next to her.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Show
    Siegfried : "I'm not sure. She would have been disappointed, for what I know of the Murk is still very little. Our oldest songs don't mention the Murk, neither do other cultures. It appeared later. Something must have changed."

Siegfried strokes his long mustache, braided down the sides. He points to Father's Shoulder to the north." Roarmondur and I were obsessed with Father's Shoulder, the highest peak. We made many attempts to climb it, but were defeated by weather or the Murk. We escaped it by skiing away. To this day, I wonder what is up there. We were the best of friends, and most bitter rivals.Your mother tended our wounds when we would duel. "

Siegfried gives you an ancient Celd tablet. The runes and glyphs refer to Father's Shoulder, the dark side, and the north star. It's meaning is lost to time.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-26 at 02:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

SolithKnightGuy

Siegfried : "I'm not sure. She would have been disappointed, for what I know of the Murk is still very little. Our oldest songs don't mention the Murk, neither do other cultures. It appeared later. Something must have changed."

Siegfried strokes his long mustache, braided down the sides. He points to Father's Shoulder to the north." Roarmondur and I were obsessed with Father's Shoulder, the highest peak. We made many attempts to climb it, but were defeated by weather or the Murk. We escaped it by skiing away. To this day, I wonder what is up there. We were the best of friends, and most bitter rivals.Your mother tended our wounds when we would duel. "

Siegfried gives you an ancient Celd tablet. The runes and glyphs refer to Father's Shoulder, the dark side, and the north star. It's meaning is lost to time.
    Tessanna accepts the tablet. And curiosity denies her to just put it away. She glances over the runes, and tries to figure out if she notices anything familiar, or recognizable from her mothers notebooks, and books of the arcane.

Arcane: 12+3 = 15
    Investigation: 12+3 = 15

Absentmindedly she say "I meant that perhaps she ment you as a guide to that place"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Show
    Tessanna accepts the tablet. And curiosity denies her to just put it away. She glances over the runes, and tries to figure out if she notices anything familiar, or recognizable from her mothers notebooks, and books of the arcane.

Arcane: 12+3 = 15
    Investigation: 12+3 = 15

Absentmindedly she say "I meant that perhaps she ment you as a guide to that place"
    Examining it, you recall that you found a similar tablet hauled up in the fishing nets of the men you defeated. One of you kept the tablet.

As for meaning, you can't decipher anything else. It's all too contextual, and perhaps missing parts
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-26 at 02:24 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

SolithKnightGuy

Examining it, you recall that you found a similar tablet hauled up in the fishing nets of the men you defeated. One of you kept the tablet.

As for meaning, you can't decipher anything else. It's all too contextual, and perhaps missing parts
    yea tessanna got that back from the priest, and clearly remembers his words:
    Priest: "This is written in the first written language of the northfolk. It describes how the ancestors of all of us northern clans came from Father's Shoulder, the mighty mountain in the North, so high that the Great flood did not cover it. When the Murk arrived, they scattered, and we have been at war ever since. "
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297

yea tessanna got that back from the priest, and clearly remembers his words:
    Priest: "This is written in the first written language of the northfolk. It describes how the ancestors of all of us northern clans came from Father's Shoulder, the mighty mountain in the North, so high that the Great flood did not cover it. When the Murk arrived, they scattered, and we have been at war ever since. "
    Show

Very good. Comparing the two tablets gives a contextual clue. For some reason, one tablet says the ancestors came from the south. Contradicting the other one.

28. - Top - End - #298

Laucien : Herd of Zombies about to trample your hiding spot, waiting for your actions. Go up to post 285, the posts below it aren't relevant.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show

Dm voice: Yes, this is all happening as you're preparing for war. Boarding the ships, making last minute formations, etc.

Priest: "Yes. I recall that particular raid by the Crowkin clan, the same which leads war against us now. They have always resented us as being the founding clan, and our warriors most gifted.

"I have prepared some herbal tinctures to aid you and Zorg. May these be of no use... " The priest hands you a potion belt with a nifty, sexy fur flap. 2 cure potions, and 1 each of Bull Strength, Bears endurance, Owls Wisdom.

The priest regards the dog, standing proud and stoic at your heel. "Thorak, that is no hunting breed. It's clear it has a strong strain of the ancient breeds. It is said that the first Celd made a pact with wolves, and fought beside them as equals. They were given proper names, and regarded as clan members. Let me show you. " The priest leads you into his hut, and dusts off an ancient set of armor. " This belonged to Skoll, a mighty wolf from far back in our history. It should fit this dog. "

" You and your friends should give him a name. He deserves it. "

Dog receives Battle Armor of Skoll. AC 14.

You board the Waveraven and prepare for battle.
    This beast is fierce and has much more to see in his coming days. As Skoll was the sun-chasing wolf and now we are at our twilight, the dog will be called Mangar (and old Norse play on moon dog?). Let him bring us glory in our days, and see us to a new dawn!

I pet the dog and see if he takes to his name.

I go. Come. Kord will smile upon us today!

Ready for battle.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

30. - Top - End - #300

Show

"Fine, we'll head out first and sneak to the deer. We need to take things slow.

Laucien hops in a boat with Tessanna and silently pushes off the dock, intent to quietly avoid the attention of the ogre, deer, and Murk.
    This beast is fierce and has much more to see in his coming days. As Skoll was the sun-chasing wolf and now we are at our twilight, the dog will be called Mangar (and old Norse play on moon dog?). Let him bring us glory in our days, and see us to a new dawn!

I pet the dog and see if he takes to his name.

I go. Come. Kord will smile upon us today!

Ready for battle.
    Priest : "Mangar... Well chosen. May it be a name of ill omen to our enemies."

You, Zorg, and Mangar board the 25 foot Waveraven. Everyone is in position, shouting and banging instruments. Chief Hagar nods at you. Signals are given, and your middle sections open up as per Laucien's plan. Smaller craft move into the periphery, hoping to bait the larger enemy ships in. You're at the center rear, with no one in front of you.

The enemy rear, and their Longships, stays back. The front line boats move forward slowly, and stop just at the edge of bowshot to your front lines. Both lines skirmish with each other, trading arrows at max distance. A few fighters fall on both sides, but being so few, your losses mean more. A cowardly tactic, trying to win by attrition.

Hagar signals to you: let's go.
    You advance to the front alongside the Timberox, and start supporting fire. Arrows zip by all around you. Adrenaline kicks in and your vision starts to tunnel. The enemy front line gets hit with a good volley from the Timberox, and starts to pull back.

Both boats on your left flank, seeing blood, break off and give chase. Chief Hagar shouts for them to hold, but they're too worked up. They're going to get shredded without support. Your crew instinctively need to support the breakaways. "Thorak, we have to help them! Forward, advance!"

They are about to go ahead with or without your order...

Your turn.