Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Aegir

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    The clan cheers. "Priest, ready the cubs for war!" says Hagar."

You all should have max favor (2), so the priest gives you extended duration Bless with the war paint. In addition, he hands Laucien two
    Spoiler: Splinterfang arrows
    Show

Designed for war, the arrowheads contain numerous sharp fangs of fish in a hollow space that break apart and spread inside the wound doing +1 damage.
    alright... we move out then! Thorak will represent the Chief, the rest of us will back him up if needed. (This clearly makes the most sense)
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I approach with Zorg at my side and Laucien and Tessana not far behind.

Ho there travelers. It seems that you have ventured a little outside of the boundaries of your clan.

I take my hammer out and place the head on the ground, holding the handle between my other 2 hands.

Since you are on our land, we will kindly accept the fish that you have gathered from our seas. Should be enough for another feast tonight, what say you, Zorg?

Didn’t quite ask how many there were but no matter.

Intimidation: 19 (no joke!) +3 = 22
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-11 at 04:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

If they're two miles out, I want to have a quick chat with Tessanna on the way.

"What you did last night, with the fire? Most would consider that unnatural. However, we elves... we're born with similar gifts. I've hidden it well from everyone else, but I think I can trust you with this..." He glances around, seeing the sun on the water. Hopefully this should be enough light to mask the spell... he takes an arrow from his quiver and hold it in his hands. The arrow begins to glow bright. "All I can do right now is this, but... I feel more? I don't know, but I feel like I can do more, and... I feel like we can do more if we work together, and keep this under wraps." He dismisses the light, and the arrow returns to normal. He staus silent for a moment. "Can we set their boats on fire? I think I'd like that."

4. - Top - End - #124

The clans folk set up your boats to have shields on the side for half cover, and a boarding plank with a hook on the end. Also there's a 30 foot rope with grappling hook.

You head out, Thorak and Zorg in one boat and Tessania, Laucien in the other. As you approach you start to notice that they are older than you, and show some experience, and wear fur armor and kilts. They put away their fishing nets and take hold of their weapons. Thorak approaches to 30 feet. 2 men to a boat.

In the furthest boat is a redhead with dreadlocks pointing a bow at you, and another man slouching resting his chin on his hand with no weapons.

The closer boat has a guy with Coral greatsword and guy with two Coral hand axes.

Thorak issues his challenge, standing tall at the head of the first boat. The man with the greatsword replies:

"The Celd send boys and girls?! Run back home to suckle, little cubs. I'll toss you ashore and let you get swallowed by the Murk." He counter intimidates, opposing your roll with a 21 total.

Thorak narrowly beats him, less experienced than the older man but more fierce.

" Ha!" Says the slouching man to his friends. "I warned you. Even Celd cubs are dangerous. Look at the size of those two half orcs, and the other two look too crafty. " He laughs.

"Quiet!" Says greatsword man, looking slightly unsure now, but not enough to back off. He looks to his friends. "Youre not scared of that cub, are you?" Greatsword succumbs to the pressure, and readies an attack. Because he lost the intimidation however, he will have disadvantage on his first attack.

To keep it simple and speed up the flow for now, rowing the boat will be part of a move, rather than an action, so you can row and then attack.

Initiative :
    Dual wield guy
    Laucien
    Tess
    Enemy archer
    Thorak
    Greatsword
    Zorg
    Slouching guy

The dual wielder and greatsword row over to Thorak and attach the boarding plank. Duel wielder misses then hits Thorak with offhand weapon for 5.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-11 at 05:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The clans folk set up your boats to have shields on the side for half cover, and a boarding plank with a hook on the end. Also there's a 30 foot rope with grappling hook.

You head out, Thorak and Zorg in one boat and Tessania, Laucien in the other. As you approach you start to notice that they are older than you, and show some experience, and wear fur armor and kilts. They put away their fishing nets and take hold of their weapons. Thorak approaches to 30 feet. 2 men to a boat.

In the furthest boat is a redhead with dreadlocks pointing a bow at you, and another man slouching resting his chin on his hand with no weapons.

The closer boat has a guy with Coral greatsword and guy with two Coral hand axes.

Thorak issues his challenge, standing tall at the head of the first boat. The man with the greatsword replies:

"The Celd send boys and girls?! Run back home to suckle, little cubs. I'll toss you ashore and let you get swallowed by the Murk." He counter intimidates, opposing your roll with a 21 total.

Thorak narrowly beats him, less experienced than the older man but more fierce.

" Ha!" Says the slouching man to his friends. "I warned you. Even Celd cubs are dangerous. Look at the size of those two half orcs, and the other two look too crafty. " He laughs.

"Quiet!" Says greatsword man, looking slightly unsure now, but not enough to back off. He looks to his friends. "Youre not scared of that cub, are you?" Greatsword succumbs to the pressure, and readies an attack. Because he lost the intimidation however, he will have disadvantage on his first attack.

To keep it simple and speed up the flow for now, rowing the boat will be part of a move, rather than an action, so you can row and then attack.

Initiative :
    Dual wield guy
    Laucien
    Tess
    Enemy archer
    Thorak
    Greatsword
    Zorg
    Slouching guy

The dual wielder and greatsword row over to Thorak and attach the boarding plank. Duel wielder misses then hits Thorak with offhand weapon for 5.
    I offer to take just the fish. Now we take your life! Clansmen, to arms!
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-11 at 05:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: Lucien
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    If they're two miles out, I want to have a quick chat with Tessanna on the way.

"What you did last night, with the fire? Most would consider that unnatural. However, we elves... we're born with similar gifts. I've hidden it well from everyone else, but I think I can trust you with this..." He glances around, seeing the sun on the water. Hopefully this should be enough light to mask the spell... he takes an arrow from his quiver and hold it in his hands. The arrow begins to glow bright. "All I can do right now is this, but... I feel more? I don't know, but I feel like I can do more, and... I feel like we can do more if we work together, and keep this under wraps." He dismisses the light, and the arrow returns to normal. He staus silent for a moment. "Can we set their boats on fire? I think I'd like that."
    Tessanna tense up when he first start to speak about last night. She knew it would come, and the smile of the high priest didnt help at all. To what extend is the secret out!?! But when Lucien reveals his magical ability, the fear changes to excitement. Tessannas mom always told her to be vary of others trying to force out her secret one way or the other..
    but she cant contain her secret anymore... and she start talking very fast and enthused... completely forgetting that Lucien only talked about making light... and immediately makes a bolt of fire cupped in her hand
    so you also see the entire world as small particles just waiting to be formed as you want? And if you dont control every particle around you they start vibrating violently? I have to keep focus everyday every hour otherwise these particles get out of control... Im soo glad Im not alone... Thought I was insane. Tessanna hugs Lucien extremely relieved...
    not at all realising they might be at completely diffrent "stages"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Spoiler: Lucien
    Show

Tessanna tense up when he first start to speak about last night. She knew it would come, and the smile of the high priest didnt help at all. To what extend is the secret out!?! But when Lucien reveals his magical ability, the fear changes to excitement. Tessannas mom always told her to be vary of others trying to force out her secret one way or the other..
    but she cant contain her secret anymore... and she start talking very fast and enthused... completely forgetting that Lucien only talked about making light... and immediately makes a bolt of fire cupped in her hand
    so you also see the entire world as small particles just waiting to be formed as you want? And if you dont control every particle around you they start vibrating violently? I have to keep focus everyday every hour otherwise these particles get out of control... Im soo glad Im not alone... Thought I was insane. Tessanna hugs Lucien extremely relieved...
    not at all realising they might be at completely diffrent "stages"
    Spoiler: Tessanna
    Show
    Laucian has no choice but to accept the hug from this terrifying little girl.
    Maybe everyone is right to fear this gift, but hopefully he'll never be on the receiving end of the flames...

Laucian shoots at the dual wielder, as he was the first to attack. The slouching man piques his curiosity however...

To hit: 6+5=11
    Damage: 5+3=8

8. - Top - End - #128

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    Spoiler: Tessanna
    Show
    Laucian has no choice but to accept the hug from this terrifying little girl.
    Maybe everyone is right to fear this gift, but hopefully he'll never be on the receiving end of the flames...

Laucian shoots at the dual wielder, as he was the first to attack. The slouching man piques his curiosity however...

To hit: 6+5=11
    Damage: 5+3=8
    Tessanna follows suit, and hit the dualwielder aswell...12+4 = 16, 5 fire dam. She draw the bow as a disguise for her "fire arrow"
    deception:17+5 = 22
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

The dual wielder slumps over, incapacitated. You can hear your clansfolk cheering, half a mile away.

The archer misses an arrow at Thorak, sticking in his shield.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-11 at 07:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I cast healing word on myself (bonus action), healing 4+2=6 damage (full) then jump aboard the enemy vessel and swing the hammer high, down on greatsword guy’s head!

7+5+2 (bless)=14
    4+3=7 damage

11. - Top - End - #131

Thorak cracks him on the head. Great sword can take some hits! He counterattacks, with a one time disadvantage, glancing off Thoraks armor.

"COMING THROUGH SHINY AXE FOR SHINY FISH AHAHA!" With a mighty overhead swing, he critically misses. The force of the blow and high grade steel cleave straight through the bottom of the enemy boat, and nearly Thoraks right foot. The enemy boat rapidly begins to take on water. It will sink by the end of next turn.

" ****." Mutters the slouching man. "That's enough." He grabs the bow out of the archers hand. Erik, you will lose. This isn't an honor duel, surrender and save a little face along with your life."

"I offer peace, what are your terms?" says the broken hearted Erik. He lowers his greatsword along with his ego.

Laucien, Tessania are up. Do you shoot?
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-12 at 05:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

SolithKnightGuy

Thorak cracks him on the head. Great sword can take some hits! He counterattacks, with a one time disadvantage, glancing off Thoraks armor.

"COMING THROUGH SHINY AXE FOR SHINY FISH AHAHA!" With a mighty overhead swing, he critically misses. The force of the blow and high grade steel cleave straight through the bottom of the enemy boat, and nearly Thoraks right foot. The enemy boat rapidly begins to take on water. It will sink by the end of next turn.

" ****." Mutters the slouching man. "That's enough." He grabs the bow out of the archers hand. Erik, you will lose. This isn't an honor duel, surrender and save a little face along with your life."

"I offer peace," says the broken hearted Erik. He lowers his greatsword along with his ego.

Laucien, Tessania are up. Do you shoot?
    Tessanna shouts to the men. Bow lowered.
    Surrender your gear, your fish and weapons. You may leave with the clothes on your back and ores to take you home!
    Never tresspas our territory with an intent other than trade or homage ever again! The next time you cross our borders with ill intent, we will kill you and leave your bones for the maggots and murk!
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Tessanna shouts to the men. Bow lowered.
    Surrender your gear, your fish and weapons. You may leave with the clothes on your back and ores to take you home!
    Never tresspas our territory with an intent other than trade or homage ever again! The next time you cross our borders with ill intent, we will kill you and leave your bones for the maggots and murk!

The slouching man laughs. "I warned you. If this is what their cubs can do, you're lucky chief Hagar didn't come out here. You heard her, hand it all over."

They toss a Coral greatsword, two Coral hand axes, short bow and 10 arrows, and fish, and 3 fur armor (as leather).

The slouching man says" As I didn't participate in the war, I suppose the peace terms don't apply to me. " He pats his gear which remains securely on his body.

" One more thing, another clan is preparing an attack on you within a few days. Fortify as best you can. "
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-12 at 05:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

SolithKnightGuy

The slouching man laughs. "I warned you. If this is what their cubs can do, you're lucky chief Hagar didn't come out here. You heard her, hand it all over."

They toss a Coral greatsword, two Coral hand axes, short bow and 10 arrows, and fish, and 3 fur armor (as leather).

The slouching man says" As I didn't participate in the war, I suppose the peace terms don't apply to me. " He pats his gear which remains securely on his body.

" One more thing, another clan is preparing an attack on you within a few days. Fortify as best you can. "
    As he finishes... "no but you are invited to stay as a guest under the rules of hospitality, Tessanna drops a few grains of salt into her palm crushing them between her fingers and brushes it off her palms into the water... a very practiced ritual of hosting, guaranties his safety but also an act of alliance and friendship.

I urge you to stay the night for dinner (and after this ritual is made, its extremely rude to refuse) while your disgraced clanmates return home with tucked tails!
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135

As he finishes... "no but you are invited to stay as a guest under the rules of hospitality, Tessanna drops a few grains of salt into her palm crushing them between her fingers and brushes it off her palms into the water... a very practiced ritual of hosting, guaranties his safety but also an act of alliance and friendship.

I urge you to stay the night for dinner (and after this ritual is made, its extremely rude to refuse) while your disgraced clanmates return home with tucked tails!
    "Thank you, but with the plague in your town, it will not be safe for me. But know that Sigfried Dagsson, a skald of clan Solveig will honor your request when it is safe to do so." It is appropriate to refuse in special situations.

16. - Top - End - #136

If anyone has something to add, it will occur before this point.

Siegfried Dagsson bids you farewell with a song as clan Solveig departs:

The wind from the North Star,
    Cascading down Father's Shoulder,
    Will carry tidings of our ancestor.

Loot
    Coral Greatsword
    2x Coral handaxes
    Shortbow, 10 arrows
    Barrel of fish

As you empty the fish net, a mud crusted ancient stone tablet drops out...

You return victorious. The nourishment will provide some clansfolk enough strength to survive the plague. You warn Hagar of the attack...

Hagar: "I have long known that our enemies mean to strike us when we are weak. Even with you four, we are not strong enough to withstand a full attack. Our only hope is that you four will slay the fairy causing the plague. "

You take the ancient tablet to the Priest for interpretation.

Priest: "This is written in the first written language of the northfolk. It describes how the ancestors of all of us northern clans came from Father's Shoulder, the mighty mountain in the North, so high that the Great flood did not cover it. When the Murk arrived, they scattered, and we have been at war ever since. "
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-12 at 10:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I suppose I let everyone else do the talking. I just continue to flex my muscles and reinforce the others’ words.

It is of prime importance that we are cured of this plague. I say we set sail immediately. If an attack is to come in a few days, we have less than that to return to our health. What say you, chief? What say you Tessanna, Laucien? Zorg?

If no one wishes to claim the greatsword and hand axes, I will.

What are the effects/bonuses?

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    I suppose I let everyone else do the talking. I just continue to flex my muscles and reinforce the others’ words.

It is of prime importance that we are cured of this plague. I say we set sail immediately. If an attack is to come in a few days, we have less than that to return to our health. What say you, chief? What say you Tessanna, Laucien? Zorg?

If no one wishes to claim the greatsword and hand axes, I will.

What are the effects/bonuses?
    The looted weapons are of White Coral, slightly effective vs beasts. Treat a 1 as a 2. Otherwise they are as their steel counterparts.

Hagar:" You'll need the Iron weapons hammered under the light of a blue moon to defeat the fairy, unless you negotiate, convince, or decieve her somehow, which Im beginning to suspect you can. You four will grow to be the mightiest Celd in a generation. The flexing is unnecessary, Thorak. We can see. "

Open RP/planning phase.

https://goo.gl/images/xoKPTS
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-13 at 12:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The looted weapons are of White Coral, slightly effective vs beasts. Treat a 1 as a 2. Otherwise they are as their steel counterparts.

Hagar:" You'll need the Iron weapons hammered under the light of a blue moon to defeat the fairy, unless you negotiate, convince, or decieve her somehow, which Im beginning to suspect you can. You four will grow to be the mightiest Celd in a generation. The flexing is unnecessary, Thorak. We can see. "

Open RP/planning phase.

Not sure what we will Be crashing into here, but I’ll take the greatsword and handaxes, with the Chiefs permission of course.

These may prove invaluable against many form of defiled beast. When I return, they go back to the clan.

I am not sure what capabilities this demon fairly carries, but we must be prepared for anything!

I suggest I confront the creature and try to negotiate or speak sense to it. The rest of you remain out of sight, as to not alert it of our presence.

If I succeeed, there will be no need for bloodshed. If I do not, we will deal with the creature the best way we know how. With blood!

I am ready to leave immediately. When we return, if all are cured, then we can assist in fortifying against the next attack.

Not sure if anyone has any better ideas. I’m open to them.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Open RP/planning phase.

Do we have access to these Iron weapons hammered under the light of the blue moon? Is that the coral? A bit confused and not due to my 8 Int.

21. - Top - End - #141

SolithKnightGuy

Not sure what we will Be crashing into here, but I’ll take the greatsword and handaxes, with the Chiefs permission of course.

These may prove invaluable against many form of defiled beast. When I return, they go back to the clan.

I am not sure what capabilities this demon fairly carries, but we must be prepared for anything!

I suggest I confront the creature and try to negotiate or speak sense to it. The rest of you remain out of sight, as to not alert it of our presence.

If I succeeed, there will be no need for bloodshed. If I do not, we will deal with the creature the best way we know how. With blood!

I am ready to leave immediately. When we return, if all are cured, then we can assist in fortifying against the next attack.

Its a good idea, I believe my magic should be able to harm it.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien could potentially speak to it, he knows Sylvan. If that doesnt work, maybe some steel arrows hammered under some moonlight might do the trick.

23. - Top - End - #143

The iron weapons are lost. A war party sailed east to the Wild Islands a few weeks ago and never returned. Rob, hammered iron and Coral are different materials.

The fairy is also thought to be in one of the wild islands to the east, but it's unclear if the war party ever went to that island or some other one.

Spoiler: Wild Islands
    Show

A scattering of uninhabited islands to your east, of various sizes. The bigger ones contain wild game, good lumber, stone, and Coral. Best of all, no Murk.

Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-13 at 01:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

I take it all my arrows are coral then? And yeah we can just... tell a fairy to bugger off, I guess. What could go wrong?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So it sounds like we might find the iron weapons needed en route. If not, what we have will have to do.

Ready to go when everyone else is.

26. - Top - End - #146

SolithKnightGuy

So it sounds like we might find the iron weapons needed en route. If not, what we have will have to do.

Ready to go when everyone else is.
    Yea Tessanna is eager to get going
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

The Priest blesses you with war paint, drawing savage patterns for savage gods.

You head out at night, because that's when the fairy comes out. Rowing east for 2 miles, you approach the island. It about half a mile wide. A massive Coral forest towers a hundred feet above it, ingrown with spruce, pine, and juniper.

On shore, you see an ominous sight. One of your boats, dragged up on to the banks. This must have been the war party from before, but investigating reveals no sign of them. They seem to have simply vanished. You see some old faded tracks heading east into the woods.

Following the tracks, you come upon that most iconic of DND features...

A cave.

Survival check shows evidence that at least one, perhaps several large carnivorous mammals recently or currently inhabit that cave. You cant tell anything further, and no sign of the fairy or witch. The smell of putrefaction wafts out of the cave at times.

You stand side by side in the night, steel glinting off your torches held high. How do you proceed?
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-14 at 01:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148

SolithKnightGuy

The Priest blesses you with war paint, drawing savage patterns for savage gods.

You head out at night, because that's when the fairy comes out. Rowing east for 2 miles, you approach the island. It about half a mile wide. A massive Coral forest towers a hundred feet above it, ingrown with spruce, pine, and juniper.

On shore, you see an ominous sight. One of your boats, dragged up on to the banks. This must have been the war party from before, but investigating reveals no sign of them. They seem to have simply vanished. You see some old faded tracks heading east into the woods.

Following the tracks, you come upon that most iconic of DND features...

A cave.

Survival check shows evidence that at least one, perhaps several large carnivorous mammals recently or currently inhabit that cave. You cant tell anything further, and no sign of the fairy or witch. The smell of putrefaction wafts out of the cave at times.

You stand side by side in the night, steel glinting off your torches held high. How do you proceed?
    Tessanna, having hunted with her Mom, before she died, checks the old tracks. Size, amount of claws, depth. And then add what kind of animals uses caves like these and factor in the smell of decay. She also tries to date how old the tracks are, using her knowledge of the type of soil and resent weather in the area.
    Survival: 12+3=15
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Tessanna, having hunted with her Mom, before she died, checks the old tracks. Size, amount of claws, depth. And then add what kind of animals uses caves like these and factor in the smell of decay. She also tries to date how old the tracks are, using her knowledge of the type of soil and resent weather in the area.
    Survival: 12+3=15
    Claws are 3 to 4 inches
    Tracks are continuous and some as of today.
    Usually bears. If it is a bear, it can be problematic. Bears are sacred to the Celd. Killing one arouses the wrath of the ancestors.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-14 at 01:50 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

SolithKnightGuy

Claws are 3 to 4 inches
    Tracks are continuous and some as of today.
    Usually bears.
    Do I spot other tracks? Is this smell unfamiliar when thinking about bears. Can I recognise different tracks?

tessanna let the group know what she discovers, and if it is indeed a bear cave, my suggestion would be to leave them be. We can’t drag the meat along anyways.
    Show