New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Aegir

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    During this time, Zorg regains his composure, such as it is, and stares aghast at Tessania.

"MAGIC! I SAW! TESSNIA BAD! TELL CHIEF!" Zorg grips his axe, more from nervousness than hostility, as he looks to Thorak and Laucien for leadership.

Mia giggles.
    I put my arm on Zorg's shoulder, as if to calm him.

Zorg, I and many others have been gifted by the gods. No doubt, we have been blessed to return glory to our people. We will return and tell the chieftain together, but after we save everyone. Keep your axe for our enemies.

I got my eyes on one a bottle of wine and some healing potions.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2017-11-28 at 10:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zorg calms, but remains squinting at Tessania suspiciously.

You hear a commotion across the lake in the direction of your home. Dashing to shore, you see your village assaulted by enemy boats. A sneak attack! The raid is occurring sooner than expected, to catch you off guard.

There are about a dozen enemy boats flying their totems from at least 3 different clans. All approaching from the north inlet. They're about a quarter mile from your wooden walls, closer than you are to home.

"AWRWR! HOME NOW!" Says Zorg, dashing to the boats.

"Ew." Says Mia. "I said I would help you end the plague, not fight your tribal skirmishes. Besides, imagine the stench!"

Your home has the defensive advantage, but the clansfolk are in poor condition to fight.

3. - Top - End - #213

SolithKnightGuy

Zorg calms, but remains squinting at Tessania suspiciously.

You hear a commotion across the lake in the direction of your home. Dashing to shore, you see your village assaulted by enemy boats. A sneak attack! The raid is occurring sooner than expected, to catch you off guard.

There are about a dozen enemy boats flying their totems from at least 3 different clans. All approaching from the north inlet. They're about a quarter mile from your wooden walls, closer than you are to home.

"AWRWR! HOME NOW!" Says Zorg, dashing to the boats.

"Ew." Says Mia. "I said I would help you end the plague, not fight your tribal skirmishes. Besides, imagine the stench!"

Your home has the defensive advantage, but the clansfolk are in poor condition to fight.
    How many enemies total can we see from here? 10? 50? 100?
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    How many enemies total can we see from here? 10? 50? 100?
    Hard to tell as you're almost half a mile away. But with 12 boats and 4 to 8 men per boat...

You see a few Longships, they can pack up to 20, 30 warriors.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-29 at 01:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215

SolithKnightGuy

Hard to tell as you're almost half a mile away. But with 12 boats and 4 to 8 men per boat...

Tessanna looks downtrodden.

"how can we fight this many? Im still drained from the last fight! And I hardly dare to show my abilities to my clansmen, let alone the enemy, if we get captured!"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like I missed some stuff, catching up now...

"Whoever said I want to reclaim my birthright? Regardless, I'll join you. This plague is spreading. I've spotted a few beasts on the mainland with it already. It's only a matter of time before other tribes catch it as well. Not that I care much for you barbaric warmongering savages, but I care about animals, so we can mutually benefit. Let me gather my things and put on a disguise.

Best not to tell anyone I'm a fairy. I like being alive." The nervous giggle again.

Mia disguises herself as an elf, which she somewhat resembles already.
    Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    How do I look,
    Laucien? (giggle)

Loot
    Silver shortsword,
    2 bows, 20 arrows,
    2 bottles of fine wine
    Full healing kit
    5 healing potions
    1 bottle of lamp oil (4 charges)
    1 fairy charm. Reroll 1 failed roll, then the charm disappears.

You hear a commotion from far off across the lake...
    Laucien had been trying to hide his face by grabbing wine and scavenging supplies since the mask came off. He quite fancies the silvered shortsword, if nobody else wants it... and he doesn't need the bows or arrows, he has plenty of his own. He drinks a healing potion, and distributes a one to everyone in his party, but he dares not come close to Mia. A pretty girl with personality, who cares about animals, and can kill a bear? She's the whole package, and she can't be allowed to see him blush like this!

Spoiler: Sylvan, cheesy
    Show

"You're... really pretty..." he says, without looking. When he does finally see she's disguised herself, he gasps.
    "Oh! Yeah! Uh... you'll pass for one of us for sure! Yes!"

Spoiler: Health potion
    Show
    Rolled 4+1+2, bringing me up to 11/16 hp.
    Last edited by Doctor-Dash; 2017-11-29 at 03:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    Looks like I missed some stuff, catching up now...

Laucien had been trying to hide his face by grabbing wine and scavenging supplies since the mask came off. He quite fancies the silvered shortsword, if nobody else wants it... and he doesn't need the bows or arrows, he has plenty of his own. He drinks a healing potion, and distributes a one to everyone in his party, but he dares not come close to Mia. A pretty girl with personality, who cares about animals, and can kill a bear? She's the whole package, and she can't be allowed to see him blush like this!

Spoiler: Sylvan, cheesy
    Show

"You're... really pretty..." he says, without looking. When he does finally see she's disguised herself, he gasps.
    "Oh! Yeah! Uh... you'll pass for one of us for sure! Yes!"

Spoiler: Health potion
    Show
    Rolled 4+1+2, bringing me up to 11/16 hp.
    Tessanna thanks Lucien for the potion, and also picks up the healing kit, seemingly left alone. Everything is of use.

Lucien what do you think we should do?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tessanna looks downtrodden.

"how can we fight this many? Im still drained from the last fight! And I hardly dare to show my abilities to my clansmen, let alone the enemy, if we get captured!"

"Lucien what do you think we should do?"
    "Maybe we don't have to show your abilities? If we go now, and I mean NOW, maybe we can set fire to some of the boats in the back before they reach our home. Then we can dock and join the fight. Mia, we could use your help, if these invaders win, the new residents won't be as sympathetic as we are. But if you want to stay, we'll be back after the fight."

He packs up his stuff, grabbing the lamp oil, and heads towards the boats, ready for war.
    Last edited by Doctor-Dash; 2017-11-29 at 03:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

SolithKnightGuy

"Maybe we don't have to show your abilities? If we go now, and I mean NOW, maybe we can set fire to some of the boats in the back before they reach our home. Then we can dock and join the fight. Mia, we could use your help, if these invaders win, the new residents won't be as sympathetic as we are. But if you want to stay, we'll be back after the fight."

He packs up his stuff, grabbing the lamp oil, and heads towards the boats, ready for war.
    Tessanna picks up her bow, and flexes its string, with a sly smile... she dons the arrows and say: "well lets see how far I can stretch the intelligence of man" "as mom said, a smile and they believe every story you make up"

She faces the fey

"Flightless you say, but how do you fare in water? and with stealth... I have some caltrops here, you might use them as wedges and lock up their rudder while we take out their sails."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Mia grins and eyes widen alarmingly. "If you offered a pitched battle I would have disappeared but ****ing up all those boats and causing mass chaos is too fun to pass!" She giggles.

Zorg: "HAHA!"

Mia: "Why are you laughing?"

Zorg: "DONT KNOW. YOU LAUGHED."

Mia stares at him seriously, then laughs.

Zorg: "AHAHA!"

Mia: "We're going to have sooo much fun, Zorg." She hooks his arm with hers and they jump in the boat.

Tbc

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mia grins and eyes widen alarmingly. "If you offered a pitched battle I would have disappeared but ****ing up all those boats and causing mass chaos is too fun to pass!" She giggles.

Zorg: "HAHA!"

Mia: "Why are you laughing?"

Zorg: "DONT KNOW. YOU LAUGHED."

Mia stares at him seriously, then laughs.

Zorg: "AHAHA!"

Mia: "We're going to have sooo much fun, Zorg." She hooks his arm with hers and they jump in the boat.

Tbc
    We must rally to our clansmen. Zorg, with me. The rest of you try to do what you can from afar. Let the gods smile upon us.

I go with Zorg and the hound to help out. Not much of a plan, but I will not stand back idle.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

12. - Top - End - #222

"I can move unseen if I wish. I will join this boat instead."

Boat 1: Thorak, Zorg, Dog.
    Boat 2: Tessania, Laucien, Mia.

"One more thing," says Mia. "I took this from the meat rack at the party. It is not of this world." She pulls out a piece of meat and feeds it to the dog.

The dog eats "Feywild Mist Stag choice filet." Choose an attribute for the dog.

Hp increase from 6 to 12, or,
    Attack Bonus increase from 3 to 5.

You begin to paddle across a frigid lake at night towards a dying home. Four warriors barely out of childhood about to face up to a hundred enemies.

How do you proceed?
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-30 at 04:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

SolithKnightGuy

"I can move unseen if I wish. I will join this boat instead."

Boat 1: Thorak, Zorg, Dog.
    Boat 2: Tessania, Laucien, Mia.

"One more thing," says Mia. "I took this from the meat rack at the party. It is not of this world." She pulls out a piece of meat and feeds it to the dog.

The dog eats "Feywild Mist Stag choice filet." Choose an attribute for the dog.

Hp increase from 6 to 12, or,
    Attack Bonus increase from 3 to 5.

You begin to paddle across a frigid lake at night towards a dying home. Four warriors barely out of childhood about to face up to a hundred enemies.

How do you proceed?
    Well Tessannas boat "sneaks" up on one of the big boats. Any chance of sabotaging the big ships ability to steer?

"Lucien, are you any good at sabotaging?" she winks one eye saying that.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

Crestfallen, you realize that It is nearly impossible to sneak up on someone in an open lake. In fact, most of the ships on the east side have already spotted you, having a clear line of sight, but do not break ranks or attack at this range. Several warriors stand on the ships edges and taunt you, beckoning you to come at them. You gaze miserably at the vast host, your plans dashed, when you notice a lone figure on the east docks of your village.

It is the priest. He sees you, and waves at you frantically to go move in on the enemies. It seems suicidal, but the priest has never been wrong.

You row forward at full speed toward the enemy ships, while the taunting warriors laugh and cheer at your foolhardiness. They prepare fire arrows and take positions, cocky and insulting.

As you row straight into a hundred men, the clouds obscure the moon, and a billowing thick fog rolls up behind you like a tidal wave and into the enemy's faces, enveloping you in hidden power. Your spirits soar and the gods reward your bravery with 1 favor.

Rowing softly now, you hear the first enemy ship up ahead, about 60 feet away. The men aren't laughing anymore. How do you proceed? Remember they're in a fan formation, each boat spaced only 20 to 40 feet apart from each other boat. They can't see you, but they may hear fighting and come help, especially if Zorg fights. Plan carefully.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-11-30 at 05:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Crestfallen, you realize that It is nearly impossible to sneak up on someone in an open lake. In fact, most of the ships on the east side have already spotted you, having a clear line of sight, but do not break ranks or attack at this range. Several warriors stand on the ships edges and taunt you, beckoning you to come at them. You gaze miserably at the vast host, your plans dashed, when you notice a lone figure on the east docks of your village.

It is the priest. He sees you, and waves at you frantically to go move in on the enemies. It seems suicidal, but the priest has never been wrong.

You row forward at full speed toward the enemy ships, while the taunting warriors laugh and cheer at your foolhardiness. They prepare fire arrows and take positions, cocky and insulting.

As you row straight into a hundred men, the clouds obscure the moon, and a billowing thick fog rolls up behind you like a tidal wave and into the enemy's faces, enveloping you in hidden power. Your spirits soar and the gods reward your bravery with 1 favor.

Rowing softly now, you hear the first enemy ship up ahead, about 60 feet away. The men aren't laughing anymore. How do you proceed? Remember they're in a fan formation, each boat spaced only 20 to 40 feet apart from each other boat. They can't see you, but they may hear fighting and come help, especially if Zorg fights. Plan carefully.
    The priest must have done something...

I gesture for everyone to hold a second. Is there anything that we can make out that would explain their silence? If not... I will have to trust the priest and proceed.

I know Zorg can't keep his mouth shut, but if the priest has never been wrong before...
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

16. - Top - End - #226

No, I meant that you can hear the enemies, they're just not having a good time anymore with this sudden fog.

the priest created the fog and blocked the moon for you.

17. - Top - End - #227

Boat is up ahead 30 feet away. You hear 6 voices. They don't see you but they're looking for you.

Whats your plan?

18. - Top - End - #228

SolithKnightGuy

Boat is up ahead 30 feet away. You hear 6 voices. They don't see you but they're looking for you.

Whats your plan?
    Any chance of surprice if we attack from the opposite angle? and if I throw fire, how far would I reckon it would be seen in this fog?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

The fog is so dense that it may obscure fire somewhat. Visibility is 5 feet and even then very hazy. You're effectively invisible at this time, but so are they.

20. - Top - End - #230

SolithKnightGuy

The fog is so dense that it may obscure fire somewhat. Visibility is 5 feet and even then very hazy. You're effectively invisible at this time, but so are they.
    First of all, whats the grey cross in the middle of the drawing?

Tessanna use her cantrip minor illusion to make sounds of quietly rowing oars 30 ft away from the actual position of the boat. And even without sight, Tessanna still have an idea of where the nearest boat is. Tessannas goal is still to gave lucien sabotage the boats ability to steer.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

First of all, whats the grey cross in the middle of the drawing?

Tessanna use her cantrip minor illusion to make sounds of quietly rowing oars 30 ft away from the actual position of the boat. And even without sight, Tessanna still have an idea of where the nearest boat is. Tessannas goal is still to gave lucien sabotage the boats ability to steer.
    The enemy crew gets agitated over your illusion. "I hear them over there!" Arrows start flying in the complete opposite direction from you. Mia seems impressed. Zorg looks blown away.

Mia taps her fingers on the railing, staring at Laucien with a sarcastic look of low expectation, gestures outward with her hand. After you...

Also, someone pick what to increase for the dog.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-02 at 06:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

SolithKnightGuy

The enemy crew gets agitated over your illusion. "I hear them over there!" Arrows start flying in the complete opposite direction from you. Mia seems impressed. Zorg looks blown away.

Mia taps her fingers on the railing, staring at Laucien with a sarcastic look of low expectation, gestures outward with her hand. After you...

Also, someone pick what to increase for the dog.
    Tessanna doesnt like slobering creatures and although the dog is cute she won’t have much to do with the dog
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

To keep the dog alive, lets increase it's hp.

Laucien turns around and dips a few porus coral arrows in lantern oil. Anyone with a bow can shoot them at a boat, if someone gives him a light real quick.

24. - Top - End - #234

SolithKnightGuy

To keep the dog alive, lets increase it's hp.

Laucien turns around and dips a few porus coral arrows in lantern oil. Anyone with a bow can shoot them at a boat, if someone gives him a light real quick.
    Firebolt... held not cast
    Tessanna, cups her hands to shield from the light the fire is making.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It’s not ideal, but I stay back... if I can see them, I cast Sacred Flame for 7 radiant damage (60 foot range, DC 12 Dex Save to negate).

If not, I don’t want Zory to give away our position.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

26. - Top - End - #236

As the enemy boat is distracted in the other direction, Mia lights Laucien's arrow with a flint, holding the tip below the stern so as not to give away the light.

Spoiler: Sylvan, to Laucien
    Show

" I find it ignorant that you think I'm pretty. The Fey have a much more subtle standard for beauty, which I have never met. Not that I care.

" In any case, I find your features singularly ugly, but collectively interesting.

"However, I am not interested in mating, unlike most of my kind. Though I find your presence pleasing.

Aim a little higher... With the bow." She tips point of your arrow up with her oddly long, thin finger, enjoying the bead of sweat that perhaps now slithers down your forehead in 35 degree weather.

Mia aids Laucien's shot, giving advantage, while Tessania launches a firebolt. Amazingly, the crews constant shouting and shooting obscures the sound and none of them seem to notice. Laucien's choice of a porous Coral arrow was wise. Whereas a normal arrow may have burned out in seconds, the Coral tipped arrow continues to burn.

Between that and the firebolt, a small blaze puffs up. The crew takes notice and rush to put it out, but a fatal flaw undid them. The little fire you started ignites the cache of unlit fire arrows they stashed on board, which now ignite spectacularly. One man bursts into flames. The rest of the enemy crew jump into the water and swim off in all directions.

One man swims toward Thoraks boat, confusing it for an allied ship in the fog. "Hoist me up friend!" he says. "Of course," replies Thorak, and cracks his skull in, watching the body sink with pleasure. But the man's partner was coming up a few feet away behind him, barely visible in the fog. He shouts for help and starts to swim off.

The man dives under the pitch black water and vanishes. If he escapes, he may alert the rest of them to your plan, numbers, and location.

Thorak's turn!

Initiative, in order:

swimming man - already acted
    Now: Thorak, who can order Zorg and the dog (or act independently)
    Tessania
    Laucien who can order Mia (she can act independently).
    Second enemy boat (aware of a problem but can't see you yet, about 60 feet away).
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-03 at 08:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the enemy boat is distracted in the other direction, Mia lights Laucien's arrow with a flint, holding the tip below the stern so as not to give away the light.

Spoiler: Sylvan, to Laucien
    Show

" I find it ignorant that you think I'm pretty. The Fey have a much more subtle standard for beauty, which I have never met. Not that I care.

" In any case, I find your features singularly ugly, but collectively interesting.

"However, I am not interested in mating, unlike most of my kind. Though I find your presence pleasing.

Aim a little higher... With the bow." She tips point of your arrow up with her oddly long, thin finger, enjoying the bead of sweat that perhaps now slithers down your forehead in 35 degree weather.

Mia aids Laucien's shot, giving advantage, while Tessania launches a firebolt. Amazingly, the crews constant shouting and shooting obscures the sound and none of them seem to notice. Laucien's choice of a porous Coral arrow was wise. Whereas a normal arrow may have burned out in seconds, the Coral tipped arrow continues to burn.

Between that and the firebolt, a small blaze puffs up. The crew takes notice and rush to put it out, but a fatal flaw undid them. The little fire you started ignites the cache of unlit fire arrows they stashed on board, which now ignite spectacularly. One man bursts into flames. The rest of the enemy crew jump into the water and swim off in all directions.

One man swims toward Thoraks boat, confusing it for an allied ship in the fog. "Hoist me up friend!" he says. "Of course," replies Thorak, and cracks his skull in, watching the body sink with pleasure. But the man's partner was coming up a few feet away behind him, barely visible in the fog. He shouts for help and starts to swim off.

The man dives under the pitch black water and vanishes. If he escapes, he may alert the rest of them to your plan, numbers, and location.

Thorak's turn!

Initiative, in order:

swimming man - already acted
    Now: Thorak, who can order Zorg and the dog (or act independently)
    Tessania
    Laucien who can order Mia (she can act independently).
    Second enemy boat (aware of a problem but can't see you yet, about 60 feet away).
    I’ll start rowing toward where this guy is headed. If I see him, I’ll hit him with a Sacred Flame (it is radiant damage, not fire, so being underwater won’t help. Neither does cover, but I must be able to see him). If I can’t see him yet, I’ll ready my action to cast once he is visible.

6 radiant damage. Dex save DC 12 to negate.

I tell Zorg and the dog to go after him.

We cannot afford to be noticed. After him!

Hopefully Zorg can swim. I assume the dog is fine.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

28. - Top - End - #238

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    I’ll start rowing toward where this guy is headed. If I see him, I’ll hit him with a Sacred Flame (it is radiant damage, not fire, so being underwater won’t help. Neither does cover, but I must be able to see him). If I can’t see him yet, I’ll ready my action to cast once he is visible.

Boat 2 had great success setting fire to the first boat, and now they know where the cask of fire arrows is. Having seen the effect of the other attack and people abandoning ship. If we come across swimmers, we will take them out.
    But otherwise we will slowly move toward the next boat and try our luck the 2nd time.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post

A confusing scene unfolds. Zorg swims off underwater, using brute strength and terrible form.
    You hear Zorg surface and yell "OVER HERE AWRW!"

Thorak, you don't know where here is or what AWRWR means. Paddling quickly toward the sound of Zorg's voice, you stop next to him and look around. Zorg aids you, canceling out the disadvantage.

20! You spot the swimmer come up for air and zap him with radiant damage. "Ack!" Injured, he dives back down and disappears again.

Mia: "Tessania, Laucien, we need to find this swimmer before he makes it to the next boat!"

Because the water is pretty clear and Zorg has dark vision, it appears he can see the swimmer but isn't fast enough to catch him. You'll have to anticipate where he is headed and catch him when he comes up for air, or find some other means.

Mia:" I'll help !"Mia takes off her coat and jumps in the water. Her head pops back up." He's that way! "

Tessania, in light of this, what do you do? If you try to attack him from the boat, ready an action and roll perception to find and attack when he comes up for air.

30. - Top - End - #240

SolithKnightGuy

A confusing scene unfolds. Zorg swims off underwater, using brute strength and terrible form.
    You hear Zorg surface and yell "OVER HERE AWRW!"

Thorak, you don't know where here is or what AWRWR means. Paddling quickly toward the sound of Zorg's voice, you stop next to him and look around. Zorg aids you, canceling out the disadvantage.

20! You spot the swimmer come up for air and zap him with radiant damage. "Ack!" Injured, he dives back down and disappears again.

Mia: "Tessania, Laucien, we need to find this swimmer before he makes it to the next boat!"

Because the water is pretty clear and Zorg has dark vision, it appears he can see the swimmer but isn't fast enough to catch him. You'll have to anticipate where he is headed and catch him when he comes up for air, or find some other means.

Mia:" I'll help !"Mia takes off her coat and jumps in the water. Her head pops back up." He's that way! "

Tessania, in light of this, what do you do? If you try to attack him from the boat, ready an action and roll perception to find and attack when he comes up for air.
    Tessanna considers her options, Mia seems very capable handling her own, and along with Zorg it should succede. The only problem would be detection.

Tessanna makes a minor illusion, as far away from the boat, Mia and Zorg as possible. A sound of someone getting killed and drowning.
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2017-12-06 at 03:11 AM.
    Show