New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't know enough about Trombone and the Cross Clan to comfortably control them as part of a storyline, or even at all, so the simplest way I think to go about it is that you, Igor, control the Emperor/Trombone fusion, and i'll control everyone else.

The Chaos Gods won't directly have a role in this arc, but in a future arc they probably will. They'll DEFINITELY be stronger than Dabura, however, and with special abilities that give them an edge (Khorne is COMPLETELY immune to ki. A punch thrown at him by a Super Saiyan hits exactly as hard as a punch thrown at Him by their base form.)
    I could just write his sheet, hmm, I just.. worried, because the character, should be knowledgable and I might mistreat it
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Colossus in the Playground

Who are we waiting on?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Who are we waiting on?
    There are two people yet to post, Vodkana and Apfel, but this generally slows down during the weekend in general then seems to pick back up during the week, don't know why. I guess I could go ahead with a response though.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-10-21 at 11:28 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, I'm back. Life sucks, not living it sucks harder, at least life has webcomics with adorable animal children.

What did I miss, aside form five mages of WH40k discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey guys, I'm back. Life sucks, not living it sucks harder, at least life has webcomics with adorable animal children.

What did I miss, aside form five mages of WH40k discussion?
    We have gone past Orange Wasp and Grey Spider, and are now on White Butterfly. there was a bit of an in character discussion on Grey Spider given how emotionless she is and how that somehow made her the most appealing a choice as a soldier AND somehow made her sympathetic to people, I don't know how I pulled that off. usually emotions are thing you use to ensure the latter.

don't worry, if you still want to interact with these characters, its still possible, they're all in the telepathy conference thing and the combat portion hasn't started yet. and don't worry even if combat breaks out, I know how much this group likes brainy investigative stuff so there is more to investigate aside from the Unkillables themselves. this entire situation was designed to be outsmarted because of the great power of the bio-androids and their sympathy and the local city environment making it hard to just beat them all down.

the final official Unkillabe, Yellow Queen, still awaits. I've intentionally designed so that each bio-android gets more dangerous, mentally broken and/or immature as they get newer and younger reflecting how newer designs have been handed greater power but lack the life experience to handle what they've suffered properly.

Edit: by the way, FF is that crimson lady supposed to come off as an undercover cop trying to make Deglargo confess and thus screw up? because I have hard time believing that a smart criminal would openly admit to being such, especially in front of people like Apfel and Arcos-Oxy. I know what you trying to do with the law thing, but I also know you can be double tricksy and just be using that as bait.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-10-22 at 01:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Again, sorry for you Hawk...

And I hope to work on post today. Sorry.

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ettin in the Playground

@Raziere: oh, you got me. She's a covert operative from customs police of Space Australia, masquerading as a diplomatic ambassador, who has been trying to pin Deglargo down for tax evasion. Now, due to the coincidence of Apfel being in the same place at the same time, she's seizing the opportunity to get Deglargo to confess a much more serious crime right in front the Emperor, just so the Imperial courts will do her job for her.

Or maybe she's just a bit character who I haven't even bothered to name yet and I'm just winging her dialogue to pass time.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

So, should I just say that Starlight realize the spell wouldn't work and retreated to the ship to work on it some more?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #1329

Another thing to keep in mind is that Oxy doesn't exactly like Aphel right now, mostly because of Aphel's response to Oxy pointing out that delargo was implicitly admitting to engineering the abillity to consent to emoployment was a psychic attack that hurt like hell.

Oxy, disguised as an arcosian bodyguard, is rather frustrated by the amount of evidence they need to collect before they can deal with Delargo legally.

Oxy's idea of politics is "don't be a jerk to my people and don't do something that offends my morals or I'll kick your ****ing ass."

So... There might be a friendship problem to work out later.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

So, should I just say that Starlight realize the spell wouldn't work and retreated to the ship to work on it some more?
    If you want. I was going to have it half work for sake of adding a tactical element to its use, but whatever works for you.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    If you want. I was going to have it half work for sake of adding a tactical element to its use, but whatever works for you.
    Wouldn't that involve retconning in Starlight using the spell? Or did you post something to that effect while I was away?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't that involve retconning in Starlight using the spell? Or did you post something to that effect while I was away?
    I made a post about it before Starlight jumped into fighting with Orange Wasp, remember? It explains how the programming actually works: its not just an individual thing put into every bio-android, but apart of a private network of computers closed off from the rest of the galactic net at hidden locations, and that these computers monitor the programming for any signs of abnormalities and glitches to keep the Unkillables under control. If Starlight were to free one, they'd be the ones to reload the programming, BUT, there would be a gap period between the spell working and it being successfully reloaded, allowing a small window of freedom, about a minute. the set up is supposed to give you an alternative to just beating the Unkillables personally- since they're unstoppable bio-androids you could very well have a battle where your constantly trying to figure out the locations of these places, go to them and destroy the computers while buying time with them trying to kill you, but at opportune times you hit them with the spell, and the Unkillable can suddenly stop some attack or something to instead help or some such.

as for the outcome of the fight, I basically made it a draw since Orange Wasp from a combined accidental manipulation of Vodkana, Oxyribo and Apfel made them start to go into a super form, and then Deglargo stopped it before the fight escalated.

its not used yet, nor did do I anything to retcon her doing that. I merely set up the rules that would affect the spell beforehand so that it may lead it having some use while not just freeing them permanently and thus solving the arc in like, six hits of the same attack. or making me have to come up with six other threats out of nowhere that would probably transparently be the same people but not sympathetic or good at all aka evil clones, and thus not good quality way to respond in my opinion.

13. - Top - End - #1333

So.. does "We're beign searched" mean "Oxy's cover is blown?"

Becuase I do have a couple of options for that.

One is the "make a big scene where he claims to have killed and replaced Aphel's actual body guard and calls him an idiot for not noticing, then pucnhes out a guard and teleports away."

The other is "I never actually claimed to be an arcosion, I just cover up my stinger and everyone assumes" and "I told you you werren't the first person to try his, Mister Delargo."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So.. does "We're beign searched" mean "Oxy's cover is blown?"

Becuase I do have a couple of options for that.

One is the "make a big scene where he claims to have killed and replaced Aphel's actual body guard and calls him an idiot for not noticing, then pucnhes out a guard and teleports away."

The other is "I never actually claimed to be an arcosion, I just cover up my stinger and everyone assumes" and "I told you you werren't the first person to try his, Mister Delargo."
    It means you have to figure out how get through this, because its a challenge, an obstacle to keep you on your toes, partly because you were starting to debate amongst each other than pay attention to the threat in front of you and partly because FF's character reminded him when he had forgotten to check them in his greed and is smart enough to fix that mistake. Especially when he is about to unveil his company's greatest creation.

so I dunno, Oxyribos's what, a smart bio-android god-king who can defeat anyone? I'm sure either of those can work, or he can find some third option that'll also work, or maybe Apfel or Vodkana will come up with something to get out of this, who knows? I'm just playing the villain, who may or may not have ways of responding to his response, you don't know.

15. - Top - End - #1335

I'm thinking whoever this 'psychic expert' is is someone who can be jedi-mind-tricked by Apfel, who's probably a far more skilled telepath, who can induce the hallucinations necessary to get them to honestly believe they've sensed what Apfel wanted them to sense.

If he wanted to make him see three hundred Apfels in that room, he could.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.

like I said, its your guys situation to solve. its not as if you need my approval to solve it, I'm actually kind of questioning why your not just posting it IC to be honest.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-10-25 at 07:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1337

It's less to clear it with you and more to clear it with other players.

I mean, if I'd just posted "well, my cover's blown" and had Oxy start punching out guards while outing him as an android, it might have prevented Ing from employing his own plan to salvage the situation.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-10-25 at 09:53 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

No need to be afraid of failures.
    Failgure are good to the story.
    Without Vegeta's idiocy we would never have Cell Tournament.

It also quite realisting. "No plan survive the front" thing

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

and I've finally introduced Yellow Queen! Now I can show off this:

Spoiler: The Unkillables
    Show

This is pretty much what they all look like. I actually altered Grey Spider's crown/helm thing after watching the Chimera Ant Arc of Hunterxhunter, Pages was always planned but I never figured them to get that exact name or anything, while Yellow Queen her Princesses was always planned even before Oxyribo, since she is just a great concept to me, and is technically the big bad of the arc even if she is redeemable or at least can be guided away from becoming evil in the first place, but even if she isn't, she is pretty powerful and supposed to be a challenge all to herself in this, with her own goal and agenda even if she does love her family and wants the best for them. Yellow Queen is just inspired by so many characters like Satsuki Kiryuin, Lusamine, Yellow Diamond, she probably has some Meruem in there as well, she is played to be complex and so on, like she is half the reason I wanted to do this arc. just Yellow Queen being Yellow Queen and her exploring her problems and trying to figure out the world from her own strange perspective. don't worry she hasn't killed anyone. and I know, she is kind of a jerk, kind of forceful and cold with a very negative and literal view of the world. thats intentional, she is kind of the worst at social skills, maybe even by bio-android standards.

let me know if there is any problems here, I've wanted to get to this for so long, its just.....I want to show you this so much!

20. - Top - End - #1340

I think this is somewhat relevant to the on and off discussions about Androids and Nature.

(Also, I just realized that Diamond having had made himself from a mostly organic cyborg to a living machine to gain the ability to grow up probably fits into there somewhere)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that video is spot on. Gero is indeed one of the weirdest yet best villains, because the more you learn and think about him, the more dimensions he gains. that he was so criminally underused that he died early is like one of his biggest flaws. because if he lived longer, there was so much he could've done, as we never see his endgame, his actual plan for what happens after killing Goku, what he would've done if he succeeded and he lived to see all his projects come to life. his messed up family dynamic is what really drives and inspires the arc thats currently going on NOW.

I mean the vast differences in design between 16 and Cell are so great I can't help but wonder if there are two different kinds of parental favoritism going on there: Gero favors 16 in a coddling manner and thus makes him gentle to try and keep him out of fights out of memory of the son he lost. Gero favors Cell and thus does the opposite, expecting the world of him, to be his greatest creation and thus drives Cell to be a perfectionist. much like how some bad parents treat their children differently.

22. - Top - End - #1342

I'll point out that 21 was created by Toriyama, slides into the backstory perfectly, and Toriyama has explicitly stated that he'd make her part of the canon story if enough people like her.

Note that, in fighters story mode, the 21 that split off and embraced her evilness and ate Cell underwent a transformation that no other person who any version of 21 ate did.

I'm wondering if Cell himself wasn't meant to be eaten to make 21 perfect.

I mean, Cell didn't even have a number designation.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-10-27 at 03:51 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but at the same time, Gero couldn't have possibly predicted the existence of Majin Buu, could he? or Beerus if that tail is apart of it? I mean there is being smart and then there is seeing the future. did Gero intend for the original version of 21 to be more Cell-like or something? if there was no Majin Buu, would 21 be able to transform to look similar to Yellow Queen or something?

24. - Top - End - #1344

Yeah, but at the same time, Gero couldn't have possibly predicted the existence of Majin Buu, could he? or Beerus if that tail is apart of it? I mean there is being smart and then there is seeing the future. did Gero intend for the original version of 21 to be more Cell-like or something? if there was no Majin Buu, would 21 be able to transform to look similar to Yellow Queen or something?
    Possible.

Though Gero did invent a device that violates the first and second laws of thermodynamics, another device that can drain the vital energy from someone at a 100% efficiency rate(also violating the second law of thermodynamics,) and going by FighterZ machines that could rip out souls and create artificial souls to supress and control people.

Being able to look into possible futures and see that the Awakening of Buu and the arrival of Beerus()set in Motion decades ago were highly likily to happen wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

The other possibility, if the soul tech is cann, was that he was planning to trasnfer his soul into Cell with his Android 20 body was a temp measure to keep him alive long enough to get to the end.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

That would explain a lot about why Cell was never given much of a purpose beyond "become perfect": like all of Gero's other creations, it was all meant to serve a wider design for himself that never got realized in life and we're only seeing bits and pieces of the puzzle.

at the same time my counterargument: if Gero had the ability to predict things as improbable as Beerus and Buu, then why didn't he predict Goku falling ill? It happens in every timeline and it only serves to PREVENT him from getting his revenge every time. I mean he technically succeeds in the main one with Cell blowing himself up to kill Goku, but by then Gero is already dead himself so he can't appreciate it.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Well, again, Beerus had already gotten the prophecy that said he'd find the Super Saiyan God on Earth before Gero had ever put these plans in motion so Beerus ocoming to eArth when he awoke was inevitibale.

And Buu had been on earth for Millions of Years and is the most powerful mortal being in the universe basically until Gohan gets his potential unlocked and Babidi coming for him

Goku getting the heart virus, on the other hand, was basically random chance

Honestly, Gero suspecting that Buu or Beerus might be a thing would explain why 16-20 and Cell's endgame were so far beyond what he expected Goku's power to be.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Ok....thats a bit more plausible.

but now we have a question of how much Gero can predict and what he knew of the wider universe despite never seeing any of it. and now he has gone from "crazy genius" to "I'm actually afraid of him now crazy genius" because crazy is one thing, but crazy who knows that things will be happening that far in advance is entirely another.

particularly where Jade and Beryl are concerned. maybe he DID install a super mech mode they just haven't unlocked or discovered yet.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

and I've finally introduced Yellow Queen! Now I can show off this:

Spoiler: The Unkillables
    Show

This is pretty much what they all look like. I actually altered Grey Spider's crown/helm thing after watching the Chimera Ant Arc of Hunterxhunter, Pages was always planned but I never figured them to get that exact name or anything, while Yellow Queen her Princesses was always planned even before Oxyribo, since she is just a great concept to me, and is technically the big bad of the arc even if she is redeemable or at least can be guided away from becoming evil in the first place, but even if she isn't, she is pretty powerful and supposed to be a challenge all to herself in this, with her own goal and agenda even if she does love her family and wants the best for them. Yellow Queen is just inspired by so many characters like Satsuki Kiryuin, Lusamine, Yellow Diamond, she probably has some Meruem in there as well, she is played to be complex and so on, like she is half the reason I wanted to do this arc. just Yellow Queen being Yellow Queen and her exploring her problems and trying to figure out the world from her own strange perspective. don't worry she hasn't killed anyone. and I know, she is kind of a jerk, kind of forceful and cold with a very negative and literal view of the world. thats intentional, she is kind of the worst at social skills, maybe even by bio-android standards.

let me know if there is any problems here, I've wanted to get to this for so long, its just.....I want to show you this so much!
    it really looks cool! I tried to draw in this style, it's much harder than it looks like...
    and i enjoy the arc so far

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Wow okay, Oxy beat Yellow Queen to the "willing to kill this person over being an acerbic jerk" punch. Not unexpected I guess. Um hm. few ways this can play out:

1. Yellow Queen death beams her then says to Oxyribo: "you were too slow" everything goes south.

2. Yellow Queen gets stopped by Red Mantis who to talk her down, points out that Yellow Queen will out live her, Yellow Queen goes for proportionate retribution by giving her an acerbic speech about much red lady sucks and will die alone and unloved while Yellow Queen will still be alive.

3. Yellow Queen gets stopped by Red Mantis, Jade decides to intervene and pull a prank on red lady.

4. Deglargo reveals his power and kills red lady instead and talks about how incompetent she was to his point of view. Things go south.

5. Masala intervenes, red lady experiences Positivity Hell On Earth at her hands?

6. the cruel option: Yellow Queen decides to pretend to pick her up to escort her out, "accidentally" tears off her clothes with telekinesis, "attempts" to sow them back together only to destroy them along with her ID and wallet, then tries to make a replacement only to "accidentally" conjure hobo clothes instead, then pretend red lady is a hobo and teleport her to the nearest homeless shelter.

7. red lady makes it to the door, gets killed by random guard to try and keep the Deglargo secret anyways.

there are just so many ways I can see this going and they all have their appeal.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

If any of you feel like killing the red lady, just describe some form of intentionally letham attack, and I'll describe her being turned to paste. She's not powerfull even if she's defiant.

Of course, as she's a representative of some larger power, anything catastrophic happening to her has potential for repercussions. Especially since there are witnesses, though obviously, those present can deal with them in some form or another.

Her purpose here is mostly to increase tension between Apfel, Vodkana, Oxy and the Queen.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."