New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

I think splitting the galaxy universe into four pizza slices for each of the cardinal directions makes the most sense.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-11-10 at 12:34 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

You probably meant to write "universe" instead of "galaxy".

The Milky way could be split into quadrants too, but who oversees which quadrant or upholds this distinction is uknown. Maybe it would have utility to Arcosian Empire? (Sector, Segmentum, something, something, Quadrant etc.)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #33

I did mean Universe instead of Galaxy

The Empire does split galaxies into smaller bits.

The size of the following galactic subdivisions will vary from galaxy to galaxy, but the numbers are written assuming Milky Way sized galaxies: It goes Galaxy > Segmentum (A galaxy divided into 4 to 6 chunks.) > Sector (Contains tens of thousands of star-systems) > Subsector (Hundreds of star systems) > System (Planet(s) and star(s) orbiting a clearly defined barycenter)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

My trip in summary: lots of flying and waiting, saw Doctor Strange on a plane and got inspired, boring family dinner stuff, power-read through half of Way of Kings on a six hour flight back that due to delays was actually eight, and now I'm home.

I can see that things have happened and that It Is Time. I shall be making my post soon, to get things rolling.

and just a warning: seriously crazy things will go down.

also igor: another good way to get into Wh40k? If The Emperor Had a Text to Speech Device. look it up, watch it. its very silly comedy focused wh40k, but comedic wh40k is best 40k anyways.

@ FF: Oh no, I am tearing up so much over how much money I am saving by reading the fluff and not buying the minis at all, truly I'm not a real fan, despite having Black Crusade, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

still more fun than trying to convince my granny that she still live home.

About the Southrn Galaxy.. you know what? I'll share my ideas, in case someone will dislike it.

Spoiler
    Show

I want to start Trombone Arc/Saga after Solitus.
    The Cross Clan on the move from the shadows, at Equestria a hive of white changlinga starting to secretly take over.

On the front, Emperor(?) Apfel recieve very special guests- The Southren King Kai, Pikkuan(alive) and his father the Caliph of the Galactic Caliphate.
    Hearing about their victory over Solitus, they decide to invite the heroes to join a tournament of once at Millenia. The Tournament Of Alliance. (if you have a better name, I'll be thankfull)
    This ancient tournamet is competion of pairs of fighters, and at the final duals, they are required to fuse.
    The Prize is special- the banished Kai Of War, will give the duo a lesson. His magic give him ability to improve every warrior, no matter how strong they are.

Cross Clan scheme
    Spoiler
    Show

They were the ones to encourage the Caliph to invite the RA- to make the tournament distract them.
    They need to find the 7 seals of Trombone. During the tournament, looking for them. Equestria has one of the seals.
    Being stronger won't be enough to fight the Cross Clan.

And here where Jalo turn important- to both sides. He has designed a scouter which locate the seals. He also can build an anti ki scouter.

Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Welcome back Raz, good to see the form finally launching into play. Also Rainbows.

As for shenanigans goin down in the time chamber, I'd like some feedback on yea or naying things: Max has shifted gears a bit, instead of working on powering up, and mostly just only powering up, he's working on two different ki techniques. One based on Ki Resonance, which is why his splits blew themselves away while working on it. The other drawing on Creation, Healing Waves, Resonance, and an obnoxious level of knowledge of human anatomy. The first technique is him trying to use Ki Resonance and knowledge of dimensional mechanics to resonate ki with the space around it to open a worm hole, using the resonating ki like a key to unravel fourth dimensional knots and link them up so that they provide passage between them.

The second technique he's working on is Agelessness, by setting up a resonance within his internal ki flow so that as his cells split, creation fills in any missing bits of DNA lost in the cell splitting process. This would probably also go hand in hand with him using that Ki Resonance within his flow to deliver Healing Waves to himself when needed. Now, that wouldn't stop him from running his stamina out healing himself, but it would stop his aging and make him potentially harder to kill.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Trans-Galactic Tournament of Friendship? The Obligatory Millenial Tournament of Peace?
    It seems like a pretty solid framework for a storyline to hang from, with a large public face and a subtle covert set of action going on behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-11-10 at 11:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    The first technique is him trying to use Ki Resonance and knowledge of dimensional mechanics to resonate ki with the space around it to open a worm hole, using the resonating ki like a key to unravel fourth dimensional knots and link them up so that they provide passage between them.
    He does know that unicorns/alicorns can already do that, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    He does know that unicorns/alicorns can already do that, right?
    Nope. :D

Oh, that was too short to post. So, to elaborate: Nope, he's had limited contact with magical pony people, and never watched My Little Pony, because he was busy watching shounen anime and studying science, anatomy, and Ki-As-Science as a kid :P

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Fair enough. It'll be entertaining to see his reaction when he learns that other creatures can already do this.

Speaking of, while most of us have a bit of a break from the action in the main thread, maybe some of us want to post in the Super Forms thread?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Done, Hawkflight.

anyways, I'm going to post up the Cosplay's stuff to make sure its all on the level now, as well as my picture for her forms:
    Spoiler: Goddess of Hyperdeath Cosplay Picture
    Show

Spoiler: God of Hyperdeath Cosplay
    Show

God of Hyperdeath Cosplay:
    The general style is fast, great offense and defense, with a wide range of ranged attacks and melee attacks, and of course incredibly deadly as its emulating a god of hyperdeath. While its defense is near impenetrable, it has a weakness to:
    -pacifistic styles,
    -people with great endurance/determination
    -and people who use Frisk Cosplay.

Another quirk of the cosplay is that its required to call out the names of the attacks when you do it, if you don't, they simply won't work. It increase your base power by x50.

Note: This Cosplay is mutually exclusive with Sans Cosplay, once one achieves one, they cannot achieve the other, as God of Hyperdeath is achieved through building connections and friendships, while mastering the Sans Cosplay requires loss and severing of connections for greater mechanical understanding of the universe. Its also because they are two final bosses of mutually exclusive routes through the game.

Star Blazing:
    Fires a bunch of stars that explode into a bunch of smaller stars in hard to dodge patterns

Chaos Saber:
    Conjures two sabers to do super-fast melee flurry attacks, can break into ki-blasts to attack.

Chaos Buster:
    Conjures a floating cannon that either fire a bunch of small ki blasts in a cone or unleash a powerful rainbow beam that blasts out a big sphere of stars afterwards.

Shocker Breaker:
    Fires a bunch of lightning at the foe in alternating patterns that cover all spaces.

Shocker Breaker II:
    The lightning now follows the foe.

Mayhem Meteors:
    Blast a barrage of curving rainbow colored meteors at somebody.

Lost Soul Beatdown:
    Attacks with a flurry of other peoples moves one after another, their images appearing around the user to show that they are with them in spirit.

Ultimate Move: Hyper Goner:
    A powerful drain attack that absorbs a bunch of energy and matter in a big cone. Incredibly powerful, should be careful to not get friends caught in its crossfire

Hearts Beating As One:
    When activated, the user calls out to the universe through their connections, and begins passively absorbing spirit energy from across the world from everyone who will listen in the form of spirit hearts to increase their power level. This ability is to basically make sure the first form can keep up with transformations like Super Saiyan 2 and 3, working around the need for other non-god transformations.

Angel of Death Form:
    A god level increase to your power level. Not achievable until at least Majin Buu levels of power

Jade Additions:
    Trace Rainbow:
    She fires the trace laser, but it splits into six beams of different colors of the rainbow that follow the target on different paths and thus attack from different angles.

Quantum Rainbow Technique:
    This technique shows the true power of determination. The user splits into seven phantoms of themselves, one for each color of the rainbow, time slows down for their foe as for a split second the foe can see the seven possible moves that the user can make, then make a decision based upon that, seemingly giving the foe a chance to respond. However it is a trap, for as soon as they foe makes a decision, the user makes theirs and one of the phantoms becomes the real one to execute their move, often whatever is the most advantageous based on the foe's response.

Rainbow Slasher:
    Can use the Chaos Sabers to fire rainbow-colored sword beams at people.

Prismatic Saturn:
    A version of the Destructo-Disc that resembles a rainbow-colored Saturn in both rings and planet.

Rainbow Friend Remembrance:
    Uses a rainbow colored version of one of her friends attacks.

Shocker Lasher:
    Creates a multi-colored lightning cat o'nine tails that extends endlessly to attack with.

and yes, this has been a long time coming, and I'm happy because its a big moment for Jade: its not just a transformation, its realization that she has grown into something better than she ever thought she was. Jade is also finally named, because mysterious cosplay powers. The cosplay is so tied to such a thing, it basically enlightens you to a name when you don't have one. Its all symbolic of how she has grown beyond being just a killing machine or a survivor doing all this out of some sense of enlightened selfishness, or at least she stops pretending to herself that she is either of these things and just overcomes her trauma towards Majins, whatever your interpretation.

by the way I recommend to NOT quote my posts with any rainbow text in them. I have to use some auto-rainbow thing to make that effect and the raw text is much bigger than the result.

and yes this cosplay is powerful, it would be kind of disappointing if it wasn't no? Its technically ALREADY using Hearts Beating As One to absorb the spirit bomb and get to 300 mil, so technically Jade is already using the Super Saiyan 2 level of this.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raziere
    @ FF: Oh no, I am tearing up so much over how much money I am saving by reading the fluff and not buying the minis at all, truly I'm not a real fan, despite having Black Crusade, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader :smalltongue.
    Oh, I don't doubt your fanaticism. If anything, it's even more ironic as the one guy with miniatures is lesser one of the fluff.

---

Regarding wacky techniques, I have a tremendous amount in mind, but since no situation is amenable to using them, I will spare myself the effort of writing them down.

@Sagetim: you are talking of creating portals and biological immortality. Both powersets have been possessed by other character already, so no issue on that front.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Which reminds me, I need to post Starlight's super form. I kind of really want to move her plot along, as I'm eager for her to officially get her super form and the major character building that will ensue.

BTW, shouldn't Jade's GoH cosplay have white hair, goat ears, and horns?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-11-10 at 06:00 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

BTW, shouldn't Jade's GoH cosplay have white hair and goat ears?
    Technically horns too.

Hm. Maybe I'll just put that there in later appearances as a sign of mastery. it'll still the same form, just perfected. she just got it after all. even if there aren't any forms until god levels, there is still room to improve it.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

As a sidenote, I find it amusing how 23 remembering her name coincided with naming ceremony of Lucifer's son.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    As a sidenote, I find it amusing how 23 remembering her name coincided with naming ceremony of Lucifer's son.
    its not remembering her name. her previous name before she got kidnapped by Gero is gone, Jade is a new name that has superseded it. her old name is probably something far more normal, by parents that are normal, if probably not the best, people in the world. that is its own story. Or maybe she was remembering it. I haven't decided yet. At the very least the Refera last name wasn't there before.

although on a related note: y'know how Androids 17 and 18 have those slitted blue eyes? Colonel Violet of the red ribbon army of Dragon Ball the original series has the same eyes as them, they're blue and everything. I think its very possible that 17 and 18 were Violet's children, and that since she was the one of the few who survived the Red Ribbon army's downfall because she basically took the money and ran, Gero must've kidnapped her children in response. Their blond/brunette hair colors could just be dominant genes from their father.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Starlight's Rainbow Power Form
    Show
    Spoiler: Future-Past Plot Spoilers
    Show
    This form is achieved by Starlight bonding with the Element of Magic after [even bigger spoilers].

While many forms give the user a flat power boost, this form's power is dependent on the bonds Starlight has forged with others. It's typically a smaller power boost than other fighters' super forms (~40x), but it can be more if she has the will of the people behind her, working towards a common goal. Conversely, if her bonds with others break, or she acts in opposition to her friends, it drops dramatically, even potentially becoming inaccessible. She absorbs this power from others, much like a living spirit bomb or Hearts Beating As One (shouldn't that be an Undyne Cosplay ability?). Her technique makes up the differences in power levels.

In addition to receiving a power boost, Starlight shares a portion, approximately 25% of it, with her allies. Her power can be focused into cleansing corruption from a foe, granting her the following ability.

Rainbow of Light: Starlight focuses the Element of Magic into a rainbow-colored beam of energy. This attack does not damage the foe, but it directly attacks various forms of corruption, including anything that violates the target's natural state of harmony. This can include possession by a foreign entity, or a corruption of the target's natural state (mind control, etc). This ability may fail on particularly powerful forms of corruption. [A/N: This ability is basically a deus ex machina, and should be used sparingly.]

In this state, Starlight's mane and tail grow ethereal, with a stripe of gold running through the brilliant nebula they now resemble as they whip violently in an unseen wind. Her cutie mark becomes animated as well -- the shields multiply, and the pawprints appear and disappear as though being left by an invisible puppy, scampering about on her rump. It does not yetgo much beyond her rump though, and certainly not down her legs or neck.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-11-10 at 09:06 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Hey Raz, how would you feel about Hailing singing the next verse?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hey Raz, how would you feel about Hailing singing the next verse?
    Well, I got my own versions of the verses all planned out and ready to go, and Hailing supposedly never even played or KNOWS about the Pacifist route, so.......how would he know the lyrics? Unless that earlier speech about him playing that genocide only was just him being a manipulative jerk, which to be fair, he has shown to have the capacity for? So I'd allow it as long as you explain how he knows it. That and even if we do, there is no reason both characters can't sing their own versions back in response, the lyrics do include people after all mocking each other with echoes of another verse.

Also 22's the Frisk role in the song, so, just remember that. its important.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    its not remembering her name. her previous name before she got kidnapped by Gero is gone, Jade is a new name that has superseded it. her old name is probably something far more normal, by parents that are normal, if probably not the best, people in the world. that is its own story. Or maybe she was remembering it. I haven't decided yet. At the very least the Refera last name wasn't there before.
    Regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziereåalthough on a related note: y'know how Androids 17 and 18 have those slitted blue eyes? Colonel Violet of the red ribbon army of Dragon Ball the original series has [url=http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/9tv9qbv_2.png
    the same eyes as them[/url], they're blue and everything. I think its very possible that 17 and 18 were Violet's children, and that since she was the one of the few who survived the Red Ribbon army's downfall because she basically took the money and ran, Gero must've kidnapped her children in response. Their blond/brunette hair colors could just be dominant genes from their father.
    Or Violet was just dyeing her hair, as is 17. They're all blondes naturally.

Alternatively, Violet is a blonde who dyes her hair, while the father was black haired with recessive genes for light hair on his X chromosome. That way they'd get blond haired daughters and black haired sons.

20. - Top - End - #50

Well, I got my own versions of the verses all planned out and ready to go, and Hailing supposedly never even played or KNOWS about the Pacifist route, so.......how would he know the lyrics? Unless that earlier speech about him playing that genocide only was just him being a manipulative jerk, which to be fair, he has shown to have the capacity for? So I'd allow it as long as you explain how he knows it. That and even if we do, there is no reason both characters can't sing their own versions back in response, the lyrics do include people after all mocking each other with echoes of another verse.

Also 22's the Frisk role in the song, so, just remember that. its important.
    You're right, he wouldn't know. I just imagined Hailing would pick up on the tune and proceed from there.

If it's gonna interfere with what you had planned, i'll refrain. It wouldn't fit with Hailing's current attitude anyways.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

(shouldn't that be an Undyne Cosplay ability?).
    Yes, I just thought it thematically appropriate since Asriel took all the souls to form it into a single artificial human soul for his power. Its just the best name for it I come up for it at the time, and could be renamed. though I can see few other idealistic characters from other media having an ability like that, so it might be best to just stick with the name since it fits so well.

I'm actually thinking of trying for different upgrades other than just a new form, which is partly why Hearts Beating As One is there. its so that her fighting style and character development can go in more interesting directions than "lets go God of Hyperdeath 2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    You're right, he wouldn't know. I just imagined Hailing would pick up on the tune and proceed from there.

If it's gonna interfere with what you had planned, i'll refrain. It wouldn't fit with Hailing's current attitude anyways.
    Okay.

Regarding wacky techniques, I have a tremendous amount in mind, but since no situation is amenable to using them, I will spare myself the effort of writing them down.
    I actually have more stuff written down as well, I just don't post the styles/techniques unless they are relevant.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of techniques, anything on Rainbow Power 1?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of techniques, anything on Rainbow Power 1?
    I like it, it does something different. It seems exactly what Starlight should gain at such power.

Me, I'm currently thinking about what 22's Super form should be, but I feel as if I didn't develop enough time or effort to it, so I don't know what to make. the current plan is a Frisk Cosplay to keep the theme, but something makes me unsure about it? like its supposed to be support, but we already have people who can do support stuff and do I really want 22 to have a support thing for her super form? like Jade's all squared away, but I need some to compliment that with 22, and since Jade's cosplay draws power from the universe, 22's would be something that heals and gives power to others instead? but at the same time I might want something 22 could use to fight well in? Hm.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Pacifist!Chara? Though to be honest, I don't see how either Frisk or Chara would work to power others up....

Also, Frisk can totes fight, she just relies on more of an evasive style. Consider that there's a perfectly viable pacifist route where they beat everyone up, just not enough to kill them.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

What about Pacifist!Chara? Though to be honest, I don't see how either Frisk or Chara would work to power others up....

Also, Frisk can totes fight, she just relies on more of an evasive style. Consider that there's a perfectly viable pacifist route where they beat everyone up, just not enough to kill them.
    The idea is that Frisk in some way by being kind and pacifistic, they uplift the people around them to be better than they are: their actions cause Toriel to step up to defend them instead of languishing in the Ruins, Papyrus realizes that he doesn't really need fame and that he already has the respect and friendship he wants, Undyne looks past her prejudice towards humanity and thus learns to be kinder, Mettaton overcomes his selfishness and stays with his fans, and Alphys moves past her lies and self image of garbage. Frisk also has the Hope and Dreams commands.

this would all translate to a cosplay that would be able to shield and heal others, perhaps even empower them to keep fighting. Their attacks would not be able to kill as a tradeoff and only stun or knockout at most with her ki blasts. the idea of the thing is that while looks to Jade as a moral compass or inspiration, Jade looks to 22 as HER inspiration and moral compass, and thus would have a cosplay or super form to reflect that.

while a Pacifist Chara would be.....strange. I do have an EVIL Chara cosplay I made just as a thought experiment to amuse myself, but it wouldn't work, and Pacifist Chara would be really strange to try and make work. There is no version of Chara that I know of that doesn't hate humanity for example, and even at their best, Chara is implied to be very manipulative. The fact that Chara barely appears and the one we see in Genocide might not even be the real one or a version of them that truly reflects what they were like before doesn't help. I'm not going to discard the possibility though.

Other cosplays I'm considering are things like a TTGL or Undyne cosplay, but they wouldn't make sense coming from her current one, and would be kind of a stretch to make them come from it like that or make them work they way I'd want them to work. or a super generic "Seven Heart Magical Girl" thing that I decided against because cosplay shouldn't be so generic.

Edit: on second thought perhaps what I want to represent is already well represented in Jade's Cosplay. I think its abilities cover the fact that many people were in this and that she didn't do this alone adequately.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-11-12 at 03:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

@Hawkflight: pure evil is a thing in Dragon Ball, so I can see Rainbow of Light backfiring spectacularly on Starlight.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

No wait, I think Chara Cosplay will work fine for 22. Just had a realization of how to make it work, and I think it'll be awesome.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no version of Chara that I know of that doesn't hate humanity for example, and even at their best, Chara is implied to be very manipulative. The fact that Chara barely appears and the one we see in Genocide might not even be the real one or a version of them that truly reflects what they were like before doesn't help.
    Actually, you see Chara more in the pacifist route, it's just that most people don't recognize them. See, Chara is the narrator.

Spoiler: Undertale Spoilers
    Show
    See, when you first fall into the Underground, something weird happens. You know how Flowey is basically an Amalgamate between a flower and Asriel's memories, his 'spirit' if you will? Well, the player basically becomes an Amalgamate between Frisk and Chara's 'spirit'. Once you realize this, and that Chara is the narrator, you begin to get a good idea of their character -- a somewhat childish nerd/weeb who basically woke up confused and looks to the player to guide them. If the player takes the pacifist route, we don't see much of what happens with them, but it's implied that they just stay with Chara and nothing much comes of it. If you kill anyone, it turns them into a pessimist, because if killing is okay, then why did Asriel, in their mind, betray them at the very end of their time together? And if you go full-on genocide, then they have a complete psychological breakdown, finding killing hilarious, taking control away from the player (Frisk) to finish the job, and basically becoming the psychopath we all love to hate.

Proof: The narrator refers to Frisk in the second-person, they experience everything Frisk experiences from the first-person, and the stats menu refers to Chara, not Frisk, even implying that the whole 'power to reset' thing is Chara's, not Frisk's. And if that's not enough, the game files refer to the red heart you control in battle as "our heart".
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-11-12 at 05:32 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, you see Chara more in the pacifist route, it's just that most people don't recognize them. See, Chara is the narrator.

Spoiler: Undertale Spoilers
    Show
    See, when you first fall into the Underground, something weird happens. You know how Flowey is basically an Amalgamate between a flower and Asriel's memories, his 'spirit' if you will? Well, the player basically becomes an Amalgamate between Frisk and Chara's 'spirit'. Once you realize this, and that Chara is the narrator, you begin to get a good idea of their character -- a somewhat childish nerd/weeb who basically woke up confused and looks to the player to guide them. If the player takes the pacifist route, we don't see much of what happens with them, but it's implied that they just stay with Chara and nothing much comes of it. If you kill anyone, it turns them into a pessimist, because if killing is okay, then why did Asriel, in their mind, betray them at the very end of their time together? And if you go full-on genocide, then they have a complete psychological breakdown, finding killing hilarious, taking control away from the player (Frisk) to finish the job, and basically becoming the psychopath we all love to hate.

Proof: The narrator refers to Frisk in the second-person, they experience everything Frisk experiences from the first-person, and the stats menu refers to Chara, not Frisk, even implying that the whole 'power to reset' thing is Chara's, not Frisk's. And if that's not enough, the game files refer to the red heart you control in battle as "our heart".
    Spoiler
    Show
    That does work with one of the theories I found online to try and better understand narrator chara theory. in fact its pretty much the same one, which I'm basing my revision of Chara Cosplay off of. though it includes some elements of a very positive interpretation of Chara's actions in the genocide route- namely the interpretation that they're actually screwing with the player in revenge for killing all the people they love and holding them accountable for their actions. so far its turning out much better than the first one.

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Spoilers Spoilers, Spoilers, Spoilers.

So, that aside, I think Max has time in the Time Chamber to get some progress towards the transformational road he's walking. Still not going to be there when he comes out of it, and it will have no bearing on the Hailing fight, but I figured I should bring it up so it's not a surprise later.