New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Ing- Should I edit the assination opening, to Belilly?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a side thread for the last dance between Red Planet Army and Jade. Also, one page to go for the old main IC thread. Can you wrap the epilogue so that the new one starts after the timeskip?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Here's a side thread for the last dance between Red Planet Army and Jade. Also, one page to go for the old main IC thread. Can you wrap the epilogue so that the new one starts after the timeskip?
    Planning on it.

I hope to make the last post before timeskip the Refera family flying off into the sunset to see the galaxy while playing off "cha-la head cha-la".

@ Ing: should I be concerned enough about Arclight to give the Androids both guns, or to give them ki-less fighting modes? just wanting to know.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Definitely.

For the time being nobody knows it even exists, and it hasn't even been deployed yet, so there's no reason for Jade or Beryl to prepare for it. I don't want it to interfere with anyone else's plans, so the timetable of its deployment could be when ever (after all the Veru'nas probably want to retrofit their fleet with the latest in weapons and shield tech) but I can imagine it as some sort of secondary threat to be dealt with before the next major arc villain (Solitus?) is confronted.

I imagine that by the time it comes to the RA's attention, they will have already started to make significant gains in the Whirlpool Galaxy. As much gain as a single fleet can make against some place as large as a galaxy.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but they've already encountered ki cancellation methods twice:
    -Callin's mask
    -Apfel's assassin using that anti-ki needle.

And a third method will definitely start making them looking into counter-methods regardless. but I guess I won't prepare for it since I guess the first two don't count for some reason?

yeah speaking of secondary threats.....next arcs gonna have the saiyans be visiting Earth. not for invasive reasons oddly enough. it is connected to the Solitus arc though. what I want to ask is if you still want the whole Orks to meet saiyans thing to go through, that will be an opportunity to do it if we want and even then the Orks can be tied in to the wider Solitus plot, trust me, it been thought out to make sure there is a bigger connecting thread here that can tie in a lot, all because of an idea Igordraconian gave me that will really make this arc more complex and sensible than it was before.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, shouldn't that take place in the sidequests thread? That's the kind of thing it's for, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    yeah speaking of secondary threats.....next arcs gonna have the saiyans be visiting Earth. not for invasive reasons oddly enough. it is connected to the Solitus arc though. what I want to ask is if you still want the whole Orks to meet saiyans thing to go through, that will be an opportunity to do it if we want and even then the Orks can be tied in to the wider Solitus plot, trust me, it been thought out to make sure there is a bigger connecting thread here that can tie in a lot, all because of an idea Igordraconian gave me that will really make this arc more complex and sensible than it was before.
    That's perfect, actually! That'll make it easier to tie in a small subplot I had planned involving Katnep and Vodkana.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

I made a new thread because I thought it will be easier and less confusing.

As for the new thread or post-timeskip, I'm gonna start with showing what's become of Martin Victor Lucifer and his journey to the Dark Tower! I'll see how and if I will tie him into the larger plot arc once he makes it.

Trombone Junior is due for a character sheet update, as they will obviously grow up quite a bit in ten years. Maybe he will come and assume command of his fellow Orkz, by virtue of being biggest and greenest.

Suggestion for the new thread's name: "Here Comes the Son". (Which can refer to all of Solitus, Martin Victor, Trombone Junior and Prince Vegeta, as they are all sons of important people. Also because it sounds like Here comes the Sun and Solitus is a Sun God. Also also because, as you can hear from the cover, the phrase can be used as an allusion to the Anti-Christ, and both Martin Victor and Solitus can be seen as riffs on that theme. And now I'm done explaining the joke. : smalltongue:)

8. - Top - End - #158

Yeah but they've already encountered ki cancellation methods twice:
    -Callin's mask
    -Apfel's assassin using that anti-ki needle.

And a third method will definitely start making them looking into counter-methods regardless. but I guess I won't prepare for it since I guess the first two don't count for some reason?
    I was only saying that Jade and the others have no reason to know that Arclight exists.

Are we actually bringing in Orks? Again i'm not against it I just want to be clear that's what we're doing.

So I might be a little in the dark here, what's this about a timeskip?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

The idea at some point was that Solitus Arc would take place 10 years after Hailing's defeat.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I was only saying that Jade and the others have no reason to know that Arclight exists.

Are we actually bringing in Orks? Again i'm not against it I just want to be clear that's what we're doing.

So I might be a little in the dark here, what's this about a timeskip?
    I was asking you if your okay with the Orkz since you seemed the most interested, and you seem to be neutral towards that, so maybe not? oh well. I'd only include it if we all want it.

......I thought we all agreed upon a ten year timeskip? I mean, y'know, since we've been spending a little too much time at the beginning stage when there was supposed to be at some longer term timeskipping but then we kind of derailed that with our whole trying to fight Hailing thing? that and to make sure this all doesn't happen at like, such a short period of time? I do want some time skip progression to happen because thats the intention FF had, and for other reasons of my own......

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Tower's journey could be fun!

10 years time skip sound reasonable.
    Though, I am still conflicted, what Vodkana will do in this time.

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #162

I don't have a problem with the 10 year timeskip.

You know what? Let's go ahead and bring in Da Orkz. If Trombone Jr. wants to be their boss, that could be hilarious.

Let's see, Artic, well, he'll take a more active role in this arc, since I won't be controlling it. Apfel will take a more background role, being semi-retired from play. He will probably have taken on a new wife (probably Sailor Cirra) and is now raising a family in addition to disassembling the Empire into peaceful and autonomous components. Though he keeps up his training, he won't be nearly the powerhouse he was, relatively speaking, as his advanced age will be catching up to him at this time.

Apfel's battle against the assassins should probably be done in a sidethread.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'll be controlling the big Solitus plot so I'll have to figure out who goes on the bus:

at the very least Flake, she is definitely on the bus and defending Arcos.

this will actually be an important arc for Luxana, as y'know, Solitus is her brother. and therefore Shanakan since he is her husband. actually this is important for Tarasai as well. Hm.

The Referas, I have a plan for them.

Yankar, I have a plan for him.

Definitely will have to structure this so a limited amount of villains act any one time, this will not be an arc to rush at all, rather than the rushes that the Burnouts and Talsaiga ended up being.

ok, if we're doing Orkz, I have a Freebooterz character in mind, but I'm not sure about a leader for them. will have to think on that.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Ing- I already have started it in the side thread... unless you want me to start a new thread?
    Also.. I started it before your epiligue.. so I located Apfel on Cirra, and asked if should I edit it.
    Another thing- do you want to roleplay his non combat stay on Belilly?

As for Vodkana...
    Well for at least year or two she will serve Starlight as maid.

I think that for another year or two, (maybe before her maid period) Vodkaba would help Apfel bring order and all that

After that.. I was thinking of her, stablishing a galactic hotel planet, while training and also, destorying empty planets here and there.
    Of course keeping conact as much as she can with her friends.

What do you think?

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

ok, lets see....Ork race writeup:

Spoiler: Orkz
    Show

Name: Orkz
    Description: green muscle-bound asexual hooligans who love war
    Lifespan: depends, how long will you wait to kill them?
    Height: 5' 6" or about 1.65 meters, but they can grow to be bigger
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Diet: Omnivorous
    Native Ki-User: No. they're already kind of insane enough.
    Notable Members: Nope.

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

They are all big, green and at least 5.6ft tall. They are all male, incredibly muscular, red-eyed with strong jaws, often wearing squighide clothing or ramshackle armor.

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Orky 'Ardness:
    Orks have numerous biological systems and back up organs to make them tougher than humans and thus take more hits, to the point where you can surgically attach an ork head to another ork's body without any problems. Basically, Arcosian level toughness.

Orky Strength:
    Orks are physically stronger than any or at least most humans without needing any ki. While they are not native ki users, assume that they start with at least 10-20 PL rather than 5, while any Orks that do have ki are even stronger than they should be given their PL.

Orky-Know-Wotz:
    Orkz have natural genetic information of their skills and talents from the day they spring up from the ground out of spores. Most of their knowledge comes from what they know by instinct.

Orky Psychic Field:
    The Orks true strength is their odd species wide psychic field that makes them warp reality in minor ways to make things conform to what they believe, this is most apparent in how their strange technology functions, by normal logic it should not work, yet an Ork can make strange yet effective devices, vehicles and weaponry cobbled together from scrap. This is not the only effect: red things go faster, orks get bigger and stronger from constantly winning battles, ammo seems to never run out, and other weirdness abounds from their psychic abilities. They are incapable of focusing or using this psychic field in a conscious capacity- its simply a passive effect of being an Ork.

Made for Fightin' and Winnin':
    Ork Psychology is vastly different from humanity. As creatures with no concept of sexuality, they cannot be seduced in any way. Neither do they truly have any conception of morality, at least as humans understand it and cannot be truly good or evil. Their entire existence is based upon war, any attempts to make Orkz give it up will fail, and an Ork who cannot fight will grow depressed and eventually die from the lack, needing conflict much like others need food. While they can suffer trauma, they are mentally hardy enough that it doesn't have a big effect on them until they snap entirely and become a Madboy.

Spoiler: Other Information
    Show

Orkz are invariably a warrior race created solely for the purpose of war by some higher power long ago that has long since ended, and are now simply a weapon that that just keeps fighting anything around it without pause. For this I'm assuming the Kais made them for the purpose of fighting some ancient threat like Majin Buu or Trombone and that after those threats are gone, Beerus for some reason never wiped them out, or at least did a bad job of getting them all.

They then probably spread across the Universe on Roks, Deff Kruzers, and other such things trying to fight anything they can. Their space travel is powered by Waaaagh energy while there is no Warp, its still a little random and unreliable. Since ki fighters exist, they get mixed success, with many failures. However over time, Orkz have adapted, with stronger Orkz getting access to ki and adapting their tactics and tech...such as they are.....to work.

From there, what happened to them depends on the timeline. Freeza probably wiped out whatever Orkz he came across if he encountered them for example, and Hailing probably did to if he encountered any, but merely destroying one planet or another doesn't really fix a race that constantly travels the cosmos
    spreading themselves to do war, while reproducing through fighting. Beerus might've wiped out some if he was too lazy to search for them all. However none of them really advanced to the point where they became more of a threat. Most Ork Waaaaghs never make it past warboss level, and the few who do only make it to warlord level.

Gork and Mork are as always great staples of their religion. In addition to the usual arguments over whether which one is cunning brutality or brutal cunning and which one is better, they also argue over whether if they are Gods of Destruction, if both of them are, if one is a Destruction God and other one isn't, and which one is a better Destruction God than the other. The fights that can ensue over that can be confusing indeed. Though they call them “Dezgods”. Wherever they go, they bring their aggressive ecology with them and once on a planet it can be hard to wipe them out entirely.

Bad Moons: They are wealthy as always,
    Blood Axes: They trade the most with other races and know the most about the universe outside their own race
    Death Skulls: These looters and thieves, with their constant efforts to scavenge as much tech as they can, produce many Ork cyborg fighters
    Evil Suns: the speed freaks not only use vehicles, they produce speed-based Ork ki fighters
    Goffs: the biggest and toughest, they produce strength based ki fighters
    Snakebites: with their lack of technology they produce the most Ork ki fighters of all, but have no specific specialization

Spoiler: Transformations
    Show

Orks get bigger as they gain strength. Thus as they get to certain levels of power, they grow bigger to signify that.

Nob:
    When an ork wins many battles the grow to a foot taller than normal, becoming the nobility of Ork civilization. Orks at this level of power are generally 1000-to-90,000 PL range in power in the DBZ universe, becoming able to fight most normal ki fighters across the galaxy and lead squads of normal orks.

Warboss:
    These orks lead armies of their kind, and now at 7 to 8 feet in height. They are in the 90,000-1 million PL range of power, and are elite threats all on their own to normal ki users. Capable of x10 Waaaagh boosts in power

Warlord:
    These guys are 1 million PL and above in power, and lead Waaaaaghs across the entire galaxy. 9-10 feet tall, They are legends among Ork kind are not to be trifled with. There are no real ranks above this one- from here on out, the Ork specimens are unique legends unto themselves. At this level they also start becoming smart. X50 to X100 Waaaagh Boosts in power

Prime-Ork:
    These guys are somewhere around high Cell to Majin Buu levels of power. They are threats to all that they come across, much more intelligent than most Orks and capable of paradigm changing things in Orkish society. X100 to X200 Waaaaaagh Boosts in power

The Beast:
    If an Ork were ever to get to The Beast levels of size, they'd be god levels of power. A Beast-like Ork would be one who could take on Saiyan Gods and be a potential candidate for God of Destruction. They'd also be geniuses capable of completely revolutionizing and evolving Orks to something greater than ever thought possible.

Deff Dread:
    The orky equivalent of cyborgs, a Deff Dread is at least Nob level in strength. They can get stronger, but they do not get bigger aside from the size they already are.

Weirdboyz:
    Weirdboyz naturally use Ki and magic unlike normal Orkz. This makes them highly volatile and dangerous, but also useful. A Weirdboy starts at a minimum of PL 1000. They do not grow like normal Orkz, instead gaining greater PL by mastering their dangerous and volatile Waaaaaaaagh and magic energy. They're vital to Orky space travel.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the Orkz transformations, did you mean that they were supposed to be always be bigger or transform to be bigger? cause I currently have them always be bigger at certain PLs but get boosts based on Waaaaagh stuff. anything I should modify?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-17 at 03:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    OH COME ON! a Black Hole!?
    Noooo! It's love! Love, I say! Cosmic, crushing, ALL-CONSUMING LOVE!

... or that's what Super wants you to believe.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Noooo! It's love! Love, I say! Cosmic, crushing, ALL-CONSUMING LOVE!

... or that's what Super wants you to believe.
    My personal belief is that a Love Hole is a magic that imitates Black Hole properties, but actually isn't one.

Regardless, I'm sticking to my trick to defend myself, because Jade ain't ever going to test what happens to her beyond a black holes event horizon.

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Ing- I already have started it in the side thread... unless you want me to start a new thread?
    Also.. I started it before your epiligue.. so I located Apfel on Cirra, and asked if should I edit it.
    Another thing- do you want to roleplay his non combat stay on Belilly?
    For the first comment, you did, I apologize I did not see it sooner. The current thread is fine. Though Apfel did say he was going to move the Imperial capital, therefore himself, to Beilly. Not a big deal, you don't need to change much on your post, just a heads-up.

As for roleplaying his non-combat stay on Belilly, that sounds good.

As for the Orkz, they look good as well. The transformations do look appropriate, and yes, they're supposed to be bigger, the stronger they get. Appropriately, The Beast is the size of an apartment building.

For the time being, let's avoid gravitational singularities.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

As the joke implies, it doesn't act any more like a realistic singularity than the black heart thing in Super. Or the fictional attack it is based on.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

For the first comment, you did, I apologize I did not see it sooner. The current thread is fine. Though Apfel did say he was going to move the Imperial capital, therefore himself, to Beilly. Not a big deal, you don't need to change much on your post, just a heads-up.

As for roleplaying his non-combat stay on Belilly, that sounds good.

As for the Orkz, they look good as well. The transformations do look appropriate, and yes, they're supposed to be bigger, the stronger they get. Appropriately, The Beast is the size of an apartment building.

For the time being, let's avoid gravitational singularities.
    so maybe we should start entirly new thread?

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm not sure if we should really bother covering the Mustache Contest at this rate. Lampshading it, determining who the winner was, and moving on to a new thread would probably work better. Then we can have unintended consequences including Earthlings becoming known for having (at least) competitive facial hair within the reaches of the Arcosian Empire. Which, depending on when Earth becomes recognized as a sovereign territory unto itself, might result in some people getting kidnapped from the planet to become fashionable models regardless of their own say on the matter.

You know, like the roman empire kidnapping people to turn them into gladiators, but with less bloodshed and more glitter.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

As the joke implies, it doesn't act any more like a realistic singularity than the black heart thing in Super. Or the fictional attack it is based on.
    I always thought that the love power stuff from U2 was closer in similarity to the Refera's cosplay stuff than anything else. like, U2 has costume based superpowers, hearts, a transformation with wings, lesbians and they constantly fight 17 and 18 who play along with it. I don't know how or why, but somehow either Toriyama is reading my characters or I'm thinking of very similar ideas to him. to the point where I can add:

"accidental immigrants from U2" as a possible speculated origin of the Referas

list of speculated origins:
    1. that Jade and Beryl are humans who somehow received an emme hive from space
    2. that Jade and Beryl somehow come from U2
    3. just ordinary humans

hopefully I'll get to add more!

honestly, if/when I get to the appropriate arc, I'm either going to make their true origins simple and nothing special, or so convoluted and weird to the point of parody. could honestly go either way.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of of U2, there have to be some version of ponies.
    Maybe G3 ponies. Lol.

Umm.. Ing? Seems... I derped...

http:// http://www.giantitp.com/foru...3#post22679073

Only now I have noticed your reply...
    Umm.. what should we do?

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

So, bit of an update on my current situation. The new people who run our (my and my family's) apartments are making things impossible, demanding documentation that's impossible to provide or they'll kick us out. The good news is, we've found a nice little house that we're probably going to move into, so that should be fun.

I've finally had a job interview. It went well, and if my next one (on Friday) goes well, I might be able to start work this weekend.

Finally, I recently found out that my father has stage four stomach cancer, which, if you know what that is, you know it's almost as bad as Frieza looking at you and saying, "Eff that person in particular." So that's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much these past couple of weeks, I've just been finding it hard to find the enthusiasm to do so.

As an aside, Igor, if my current posting rate continues, I give you carte blanche to keep things moving in Starlight's sidequest.

Let's see, Artic, well, he'll take a more active role in this arc, since I won't be controlling it. Apfel will take a more background role, being semi-retired from play. He will probably have taken on a new wife (probably Sailor Cirra) and is now raising a family in addition to disassembling the Empire into peaceful and autonomous components. Though he keeps up his training, he won't be nearly the powerhouse he was, relatively speaking, as his advanced age will be catching up to him at this time.
    How about Starlight? Would they still be continuing their lessons together? Starlight could also be helping him as a peace negotiator. Maybe even helping to introduce Equestria to the larger galaxy towards the end, due to reasons.

Now I'm imagining an Undertale monster with that ability ... oh wait, he already exists.

----------------

BTW, Starlight will have a couple of suggestions during the timeskip, regarding the RA. For example, now that Hailing is defeated, are they really still rebels? And that maybe they should take in all of the temporal anomalies (including Yankar), in order to keep them all in one place.

Furthermore, she will want to propose an intergalactic alliance of planets to replace the dying monarchy. A system where the leaders of various planets/civilizations (or their representatives) form a sort of "United Nations". And that furthermore, these representatives would rotate on a regular basis, in order to prevent stagnation.

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought that the love power stuff from U2 was closer in similarity to the Refera's cosplay stuff than anything else. like, U2 has costume based superpowers, hearts, a transformation with wings, lesbians and they constantly fight 17 and 18 who play along with it. I don't know how or why, but somehow either Toriyama is reading my characters or I'm thinking of very similar ideas to him. to the point where I can add:

"accidental immigrants from U2" as a possible speculated origin of the Referas
    If you do that, then maybe we can somehow say that's where Equestria came from as well.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-12-19 at 07:48 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight
    Furthermore, she will want to propose an intergalactic alliance of planets to replace the dying monarchy. A system where the leaders of various planets/civilizations (or their representatives) form a sort of "United Nations". And that furthermore, these representatives would rotate on a regular basis, in order to prevent stagnation.
    So basically that Galactic Patrol thing ruled by Galactic King person who Jaco the Galactic Patroller belongs to?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

sorry to hear that Hawkflight. that always sucks. hope things get better *hugs*

anyways, I'm thinking Jade will will have mastered both the hyperdeath cosplay and Instant Transmission and just learning the Muffet Cosplay during the timeskip. just mostly using her decade to make sure her techniques are perfected and rounded out. save looking for a new upgrade for the arc itself.

also we should consider what to do about PLs, because past freeza saga, Toriyama threw them away entirely, so no PL measurement is going to be truly accurate from here on out. like should we make arbitrary bench marks of power, should we just say "cell saga levels of power" or something like that, or what, just continue as we always have?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

well.. Hawk.. we spoken on Discord..
    sorry too.. wish you well...

ehh. I think, that without scenes of "9,000!" nitpicking PL is meaningless. We can determine roughly levels of powers.

As for Vodkana, I am thinking of few new things for her, one of them, is learning Nightmare magic of Nightmare Moon... if I understand, Hawk aproved that.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    As for Vodkana, I am thinking of few new things for her, one of them, is learning Nightmare magic of Nightmare Moon... if I understand, Hawk aproved that.
    Just to clarify, what do you think Nightmare Magic is?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Just to clarify, what do you think Nightmare Magic is?
    well.. my sources? Mostly?
    IDW comic and episode 1 of season 1.
    So... manipulating dreams, illusions based on desires and fears of the target?

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Solitus Arc Vodkana
    I probably will remake the character sheet

------
    My previouse Avater