New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    So, Torchwood?
    ....oh the old one that appeared in Ten's run before Jack Harkness made it a ragtag group of protagonists. almost forgot about that. pretty sure that Torchwood was in the Dalek vs. Cybermen one??

oh right, it was the last one with Rose, cause the ones after that were the return of the Master and then Davros.

and huh, now I think about it, the Daleks are basically what Cell would've become if he succeeded in destroying the Earth and just started making Cell Jrs, while Davros and Gero are both crazy scientists who got overpowered by his own creation made to be greater than him.

I wonder if Doctor Who has any good ideas that I could rewatch/reread upon that could work with just some modification, its a pretty high power universe despite the the low power of the individual people.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, it goes even deeper than that. The Torchwood Institute was actually introduced in The Tenth Doctor's premiere, The Christmas Invasion, but were established in the 19th century by Queen Victoria in the episode Tooth and Claw after the whole thing with the werewolves. If you conflate that time period with where and when we are in this very RP....

EDIT: Actually, this gives me a rather interesting idea. An underground organization that pops up in response to the RA, seeking to defend the Earth from extraterrestrial threats in a loose alliance, albeit separate from, the Earth Defense Force. Maybe there could even be some experiments involving time travel....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-01-19 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, it goes even deeper than that. The Torchwood Institute was actually introduced in The Tenth Doctor's premiere, The Christmas Invasion, but were established in the 19th century by Queen Victoria in the episode Tooth and Claw after the whole thing with the werewolves. If you conflate that time period with where and when we are in this very RP....

EDIT: Actually, this gives me a rather interesting idea. An underground organization that pops up in response to the RA, seeking to defend the Earth from extraterrestrial threats in a loose alliance, albeit separate from, the Earth Defense Force. Maybe there could even be some experiments involving time travel....
    Hm. maybe, and yeah, I'm starting to remember now, The Doctor really made an enemy for himself there didn't he?

and yeah, sounds like a cool foil. I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, do you have any plans for Yankar? He would make a perfect member.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, do you have any plans for Yankar? He would make a perfect member.
    Just to fight King Vegeta and basically be the one to make him go Super Saiyan. after that its a little up in the air? like Yankar is supposed to win anyways but feel empty at the victory and then I'm unsure what happens next as he goes off and tries to figure things out. but things might change depending on how people react to that, aside from King Vegeta attaining Super Saiyan, its not really set in stone.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, we'll see. It's really up to you as to whether that changes him enough that he's no longer on a "prove humanity's worth" kick.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, we'll see. It's really up to you as to whether that changes him enough that he's no longer on a "prove humanity's worth" kick.
    lets just say Yankar is on a journey like any character, and we don't what the destination is yet, though him joining this organization does seem like the next natural thing for him to do, so I'm ok with it happening either way, because while there are a couple ways the fight could play out, I'm pretty sure they can all end in a conclusion that reach him joining in some manner

Edit: So are Celestia and Starlight actually going to say goodbye, or should I just do the closing post and make the next IC thread?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-01-21 at 10:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    lets just say Yankar is on a journey like any character, and we don't what the destination is yet, though him joining this organization does seem like the next natural thing for him to do, so I'm ok with it happening either way, because while there are a couple ways the fight could play out, I'm pretty sure they can all end in a conclusion that reach him joining in some manner

Edit: So are Celestia and Starlight actually going to say goodbye, or should I just do the closing post and make the next IC thread?
    Oh, man, I should have been watching the ooc thread more, everything started moving again. I'm figuring that Max would be using Yankar over the 10 year time skip as a sparring partner, not constantly, but from time to time at least. If for no other reason than as a reminder to the other human that if Max can beat him in a sparring match, then he's obviously been lax in his training. So Yankar winds up getting depressed at an empty victory over king Vegeta, then Max would probably at least encourage Yankar to mope around the city that he's built so that he can be quickly apprised of anything interesting going on.

On that note, Max is going to finish his city. Like, within a month of that 10 year time skip. Since he's not having to hide the work from orbital surviellance or have to explain it to anyone, he'll just be using the extent of his abilities to create material whole sale, uncover the foundation he's already constructed, and start spreading the word of it's existence to the world's top scientists. He would also be more than willing to let the Seers faction use the place as a base of operations, because one of their core tenents is education, but for the first year or two entrance to the city is going to be by invitation only.

Max's general idea was to try and use the city to both demonstrate earth-based technology, and to introduce gradual cultural shifts into the mindset of people on Earth, to try and bring them up to speed ethically and technologically over time. But part of that plan has already been thrown out the window with that wish to give copies of Gohan's book to the world's top scientists. So there's that :P

Other than that, Max would be getting stuff done, like building a solar system defense network so that ships can't just wander on into the system with any foil-hat ki user popping out of their ship long enough to blow up the planet from orbit then leave. Or worse, kidnap people, resources, or animals from Earth. Preventing further cultural contamination by Ferengi-like aliens would also be on the list of 'things this network will stop'. And if the metal men of mars are all scrapped, Max would probably check in on the planet from time to time to make sure the terraforming process they started on it continues. Included in that defense network would be some refueling and repair stations, and a few diplomatic space stations, because Max expects the rest of the galaxy to want to come visit, research, or trade at some point and he wants to have that be regulated in some fashion.

Spoiler: Max's City
    Show
    Name: The Shining City "The Forbidden City of Gold"
    Type: City (secretly mobile)
    Gravity: Variable, but usually 1G because it's on Earth. There are gravity rooms however.
    Affilitation: Max Banders
    Native Species: Earthlings

Spoiler: Description
    Show

The Shining City is one of the larger scale projects Max Banders has put into action in the time since Hailing's defeat. From the outside, it is a city rife with sky scrapers seemingly made of gold that glisten in the sun, with a solid wall surrounding it on ground level and imposing gates of titanic scale. Within, people would find lots of green space areas, with well tended plants of various kinds, streets paved with some kind of slightly bouncy, slightly soft, material more than capable of holding up against the stress put upon them. The entire city has plumbing, including public water fountains in both the drinking and decorative variety. It has a sewage system, treatment facilities, public bathrooms, electric lights, housing in various formats, a comprehensive public transit system, and automated hover vehicles for transporting large amounts of goods from place to place. The insides of buildings are air conditioned, there are terminals with holographic displays that can show people where they are and how to get where they are trying to go, and all manner of other things that would be normal for a city from Max's time. With added hidden features like defense systems (including a city wide shield) and the ability to lift off from the ground and even travel between planets if called upon to do so by someone with the right access codes.

The primary purpose of The Shining City is education. It is supposed to represent an example of what humanity can achieve if it puts the effort in. And to that end, it has a variety of education facilities operated by a helpful Max-hologram that teaches everything ranging from fundumentals of reading, writing, and arithmetic to the engineering of the city itself. The education programs even include housing people who are attending them for the time that they are learning. They do, however, limit certain kinds of information to only trusted individuals, and even then they ensure the person learning restricted information has learned any necessary precautionary information first (after all, Max doesn't want someone learning how to harness the power of the atom without knowing basic safety protocols for handling nuclear material).

Spoiler: History
    Show

The Shining City is relatively new, and certainly the fastest constructed and least organically created city on Earth. Instead of being built up over generations by people gathering around trade junctures or particular resources, it is the end effort of Max Banders. As such, he claims sole ownership of the place, and has done what he can to make sure the information contained within isn't being leaked in a harmful manner.

I'll have to update Max's character sheet too, now that I think about it.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

the city sounds like a good place to dock for the Shenron when it gets back.

as for tech advancement:
    Well technically me and FF already had plans with Lord Gero/Teacher the First, but you'll be happy to know that their tech only advances them up to steampunk technology, so you still have a lot to teach, while Jade is only doing the wish to make some contribution to earth's progress when she felt she hasn't made any.

as for the Seers, that would mean the Altra Family (Luxana's family name) being housed there, just to let you know as Shanakan would be teaching his daughter there.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I want a young earthling adventurer- would it be ok to play as young promising shapeshifter, who is marked by Lord Yolomort, the dark and evil shapeshifter?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Sage before I forget, since Solitus will be invading to take over the Spirit World, this next arc will obviously be involving the Supreme Kai Shin, who if I remember was one of Max's teachers in his timeline? this arc will have some examination of how Shin has ruled the Universe, he is implied in Z to outright said in Super to be a ruler who pretty much does nothing, so you do you have any issues with the portrayal on that? just to make sure there are no issues.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have no problem with that portrayal of Shin, he was pretty 'never completed his supreme kai training so he doesn't interfere for the most part in case it makes things way worse'. And you're close, but Max trained with Old Kai, the one that was sealed in the Z-sword until Gohan broke it. That's also who he got a kai style outfit from. Max had met Shin, and Kibito, but more in the off screen 'recognize each other on the street' meeting than hanging out or anything.

As for the shining city, Max probably has a generation or two to go before Earthlings (or at least the residents of his city) are 'caught up' with him. But that's okay, Max plans to keep himself young more than long enough to see the project through.

And there would definitely be spaces that could be used for docking and landing space ships. Both in the city and in orbit (After all, sometimes you just need to hang out in orbit).

edit:
    Figured I'd do this while I'm thinking about it and can't sleep. I may have missed some parts, or some parts might be objectionable, so bring those up so I can finalize Max for post- time skip.

Max Banders

Spoiler: Character Sheet for Max Banders
    Show
    Age: About 21 31 subjectively. Objectively he was born in Age 870, so...-390something? His physical aging is frozen at 21.
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 200lb (that being mostly muscle and bone)
    Species: Human
    Station: Formerly Graduate Student of West City's Prestigious West City Tech, Now wayward time displaced youth. Now: Groundbreaking Scientist (at least as far as he's concerned). Mysterious Science Wizard and Owner/Builder of The Shining City.

Description:
    Spoiler: Description
    Show

Max is rather tall for a human, at 6'4. He has only a small amount of body fat, strong shoulders, and a solid body build. If he bulked up, he might be able to make a good showing at a Mr. Universe competition, but, alas, his muscles are not oversized. He has a fair amount of lean body mass, muscles built up from endurance training, like yoga, running, and practicing kata, rather than large muscle mass like one might get from a lot of weight training for burst power. Even so, his body type can provide a very imposing view for the average person, what with being taller and bigger than them. Of course he wears clothes, generally loose fitting pants secured with a belt, comfortable sneakers or boots, a simple t shirt of a single color, and when the weather calls for it, a trench coat. Knit gloves and hat optional. As he's gone through high school he's been growing his black hair out, and found that it has a natural wave in it, resulting in hair that ends in curls if he doesn't do anything with it. And, not wanting to be confused for a woman with his beautiful hair, he tends to use a little product to keep it spiked out, or ties it back into a poofy pontail. His eyes are a warm, inviting blue.

Max has upgraded his wardrobe to be at least as durable as he is by making it out of ki-adaptive fibers. A technology familiar to freeza's army in the cannon timeline, it's the same stuff that vegeta's undersuit is made of. But instead of being skin tight and leaving nothing to the imagination, Max has made his in regular clothing styles.

While teaching or doing research, Max is generally dressed a pair of sturdy boots, slightly baggy black long pants, a belt, and a simple black t shirt. Under that, he has a full body sleeve, and over that he's usually sporting a white lab coat. He'll add gloves, sunglasses, or other accessories as needed.

Personality:
    Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Max is driven by empathy, and tries to seek balance in his thinking process. If logic or reasoning doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard for understanding a problem, he'll try thinking with emotions. But he tends to default back to logic and reasoning more often than not.

History:

Spoiler: History, Wall of Text Warning
    Show
    A lot. But to be less evasive without dropping pages of detail the highlights include:
    Max is a reincarnated soul. In his most recent previous life, he had managed to make some headway on the path of enlightenment and cultivated just a little bit of light that stuck around in his soul after death. When his soul got in line for the next reincarnation cycle, this bit of light got noticed and the Celestial Bureaucracy decided to jar his soul until they finished debating what to do with it. After all, a soul with too much enlightenment in the mortal realm could cause a lot of chaos or be dangerous or something. This is where Universe 13's copy of Max's soul is, actually. For Max, however, the jar wound up broken when a young ogre on cleaning duty was busy rocking out to some sweet tunes on his walkman while he mopped. One thing lead to another, and a few air guitar power chords later and Max's soul slipped free from the broken jar and snuck it's way into line to get reincarnated before anyone noticed. And since the young ogre swept the mess up and didn't report anything so he wouldn't get in trouble...well, so far it's worked for Max.

He was born in an unhealthy branch off of Universe 7's timeline, with temporal conflict in it's future having already propagated subtle shockwaves into it's past. For his Age 870, Max was born into a world where Gohan had published a book on ki control and approaching it as a science instead of an art. The Pan Fighting Network had existed for years, and encouraged young people to learn how to fight and control their ki as a matter of course. Earth had been in public contact with New Namek for years, and Majins were a small but steadily growing part of the population. The New Crane school was still being taught by an aged Tien, and Krillen had taken to teaching the New Turtle School after retiring from the police force. All was not perfect, but at least there wasn't any Red Pants Army or any such shenanigans. At least not when Max was born.

While Max was growing up he was taught how to control his ki by his mother, a member of Earth's Space Defense Force, and had his scientific curiosity sparked and nurture by his father, a medical scientist working with Namekians to try and improve Earth's medical technologies. By the time he was 15 he was already taking some of his classes at West City's Technical University (West City Tech for short), while in other classes he was at the associated high school to help keep his social development more normal and less 'how do I talk to teenagers and children?'. It was also around this time that Max's association with the Namekians that his father was collaborating with bore fruit, as Max managed to figure out how to heal people with his ki. Which he immediately hid because he didn't want the kind of public attention that might garner. But when the team members of his high school sports teams started getting seriously injured during games and outside of them, rather more often than they should have been, Max started taking aside his classmates and healing their wounds so that they could compete fairly with the other high school teams. And that just didn't work for the guys running the numbers on those games that had gone to the trouble of breaking teenage knee caps to adjust the odds. It was around this time that some of those same mafioso noticed Max. They didn't know how he was doing it, but they noticed that he seemed to be the focal point for his classmates having miraculous recoveries. Max, however, hadn't noticed the Mafioso. He had been working on making a hand held device that would accept ki input and then adjust it so that what came out the other side would mimic the wave form and function of his healing waves. That Was going to be his science fair project for the year. That got shelved when the Mafioso gave him cement galoshes and tried to leave him sleeping with the fishes shortly before his summer break. While he survived the attempt on his life, he conspired with his father to use it to fake his death and proceeded to get in contact with Krillin, who had trained his mother in the New Turtle Style. Krillin, having a rather public school that made it a poor place for the kind of covert 'train you so you can defend yourself by the start of the new school year' plan relayed Max to his own instructor, the still living Turtle Hermit Roshi. With the requisite amount of raunchy romance novels, victoria's secret catologues, and actual 'adult magazines' in tow, Max appropriately bribed Roshi into teaching him for the summer. In the course of a few months Max worked himself into a lean, pleasant, fighting machine.

This is where his plan kind of fell apart though. Max was quite over confident in his skills when he finished Roshi's training, and on his way back home he came across some people terrorizing building with some hostages in tow. Suffice to say, while they wound up arrested by the police, no one was able to disarm the bomb in time and Max tanked it like a pro by hugging the damn thing. This was not something he survived, and without enough remains to identify his body, he wound up being an unknown hero for the town. When it came time for his judgement in otherworld, King Yemma had been so over worked with recent events going on elsewhere (some strange planet called Colors was attacking other planets and trying to establish itself as a space empire at the time) that instead of looking too closely at Max's soul, they just looked his his tally of good and evil actions and passed him on to heaven. However, while he was in line for the Heaven Plane, Max noticed SNAAAAKE WAAAAY. And after getting a basic description from one of the ogres he wandered out of line and started running it. It seemed more fun than heaven and he still hadn't quite given up on living. When Max got to the end of it, having flown most of the way to speed things up, He met King Kai. And also the ground. It sure seemed to like him, what with the gravity wanting to plant his face in it constantly. To keep this story simple, Max was the only smart person who wasn't an ass that had actually gotten to the end of snake way in...who knows how long? So when it came up that Max had died young, and still thought he could do more to help out in the living world, King Kai did him a favor. Well, other than teaching him martial arts. He did him the favor of fudging some paperwork back at the Celestial Bureaucracy. So Max was shuffled back to the mortal coil with a new life span and his death was written off as a corrected accounting error with appropriate action supposedly already taken.

After rising up out of the ground at the site where his remains had been buried...then patting the grass back into place so people could have their unknown hero grave site undisturbed, Max booked it back home. He had missed the first half of his next school year, and his parents had been worried when he had supposedly left Master Roshi's place months previously, but discretion being the better part of valor, Max went with not telling them he had actually been dead. However, his return to school did instigate a series of more serious attacks by the 'Crane Mafia', a group that had once been a regular flavor mafia until students of the crane school who had failed on a moral level and been expelled kept swelling the mafia's ranks. It was at this time that Max started wearing a mask while he fought, and proceeded to fight the Crane Mafia in a number of very public battles that gradually resulted in the deaths of the Crane Mafia's strongest fighters. Not the least of which was a cyborged up assassin that had been enhanced with black market Red Ribbon tech that Max had to tear the power core out of to get him to stop.

It was after these very public battles, and helping to clean up after them, that Max got into a partnership with Capsule Corp. He would be their front man, defender of West City, and they would help him navigate the realm of not getting sued for killing a crap load of mafioso. His life settled down for a bit after that. He was called in by King Kai to participate in an Otherworld Rookie Tournament, which he managed to win by the skin of his teeth. After that tournament he was summoned to train for a bit with the Old Kai, but that training was more an excuse for the Old Kai to weasel some of the same kinds of gifts that Max had given to Roshi out of him. It was less 'intense training' and more 'old kai screwing around with a mortal to get some kicks'. Max wound up with some fancy Otherworld duds out of it, and supposedly the old man had unlocked his ki to it's maximum potential. What he had actually done was force Max to put up with a series of inane tasks to put the young man through an emotional crucible to help him grow his patience and compassion. But of course he didn't tell Max that. Where's the fun in that?

The Colors War that had been raging in space and generally outside of Earth's media presence, apparently came to an end. Resolved by other people. With things apparently safe, Capsule Corp arranged for Max to go on a tour of some known planets that hadn't had official first contact envoys sent. He had built up a reputation for being a swell guy and for his part he got to count the trip for college credit. On that Capsule Corp ship Max swung by Namek first to deliver a collection of capsules to help with moderating New Namek's climate. While there, he played a small part in helping the Namekians resolve an attempted coup against the elder. To which he recieved a head pat. I mean, there was a little potential unlocking there, but it was mostly a head pat. The next stop was Yardat, a place that Capsule Corp hadn't sent a probe to yet, but had some vague idea of where it was from files that had recently declassified themselves on the CC mainframe. While there, the Yardats were friendly and taught Max the Instant Transmission in exchange for sharing some of his Earth foodstuffs with them and giving them a copy of an earth music database. There was much rejoicing as the rock flowed. The last trip on his list was easily the most dangerous. New Vegeta, estalished by a partially wished back saiyan race, had become some kind of ridiculous world of neverending coups. Saiyans would wander around in packs, victimizing eachother and engaging in combat over the littlest of things. Some would even hit super saiyan and do great combat for who would be king. You know, at least for a week or something. While there, Max helped get some of the overtaxed rejuvenator's back online, had a brief romance with a saiyan woman around his own age, and helped to set her up as king before he left. One of the oddities in his particular branch of the universe 7 timeline being that super saiyan was only about a x2 boost...and saiyans seemed to have a lot easier time accessing it. That would be the reason that kaioken kept Max pretty on par with the threats he was facing. In the end, the new saiyan King decided that if she couldn't keep Max, she could at least give him a boon and move on. Which is how he wound up with the ship he tried to fly home.

Max took a few days to modify his ship and get it in working order. And given how much of a junker it was, that was more of a 'in working order long enough to get home so I can really fix it' than a 'in proper working order'. With a wild hair of an urge, Max decided to make a practical test of his doctoral theory and modified the aging hyperlight engine of his newly acquired Arcosian Cruiser. He was going to call it a 'Max Drive', but felt that might be giving people a false impression if his theory didn't pan out. On the bright side, his theory did pan out, and Max's ship successfully exited the universal space of his branch off universe 7's timeline. Unfortunately, the Colors War kicked up into full swing while he had been on New Vegeta, and General White's powers did not interact well with CC brand teleporters that were being used to reinforce a first strike initiative against the planet Colors. By which I mean time basically exploded and his entire branch off universe 7 shriveled up and ceased to be. His ship, still aiming to land at 'Earth' wound up expending it's fuel to get him to An Earth...in Universe 13.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler: Story so far
    Show

He's going to be landing at Earth.

Max landed on Earth, bore witness to the first Tenkaichi Budokai, got a jump from a Mars based android, helped those same androids to seed a few other systems discreetly, and did some good around the galaxy while training to confront Hailing (including helping out the Namekians with their climate change issue).

While others fought Hailing, Max was busy fighting Hailing's forces on Earth at the Lookout, well for a little bit. One thing lead to another, and Max managed to finagle his way into a new option with regards to resolving the sovereignty of Earth. A Mustache Contest, instead of a boatload of murder, was how Earth found itself free of any claims upon it by the Arcosian Empire. You can blame Max for that one. Also, when Yankar got stomped by Hailing, Max went with him into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to prepare a plan B in case the others didn't manage to defeat him. Of course, the others saved the day, so Yankar exited only to find his efforts in vain. Max was rather happy with the result though, because he had used the year within to build friendships with two of the now-former members of Hailing's elite guard.

Abilities:

Spoiler: Abilities
    Show

Power level: 80k 2 Million 30 million Lower end of Middling Android Saga, higher end of middling with Kaioken at full.
    Power Level on Scouters: usually registers as 5. Obviously if he's in combat this varies.

Due to misadventures in his originating timeline, Max learned or developed a number of techniques:
    Ki Control: adjusting his power level and manipulating his energy on a microscopic scale. Learned from a lifetime of private study and experimentation. This is why his power level reading regularly registers as 5.

Healing Waves: Based on studied namekian techniques for healing, Max worked out his own technique based on ki to heal injuries and supply the target body with the necessary energy and materiel to rebuild itself rapidly. Also works against most diseases, though it tends to only put cancers into remission.

Ki Sensing/ 'Scrying': Coming along with Ki Control of that level, Max is particularly adept at sensing ki. To the point that if he sits down and concentrates, he can use his imagination to rebuild the ki's he's sensing into bodily shapes and get a pretty good idea of what's going on. Doesn't do sound though, and the color is meh, so it's not as good as TV. It also just doesn't work on things he can't sense...like androids.

Kamehameha: the old reliable, learned at the New Turtle School

Dodon Ray (Dodompa): a two finger beam with heat properties, learned from being attacked with it repeatedly.

Ki Shield: You'd come up with a way to block ki attacks if you got shot with this many Dodon Rays too. Max can extend his Ki Shield to cover other people and objects as well, but if he makes it much bigger than a small house, it weakens the shield.

Multi-Form: Learned from a scroll obtained by saving a rich person from yet more Crane Mafia. Splits your power level between you and your energy copies. Normally splits your power level evenly between copies, Max has worked with the technique enough to be able to adjust how much power breaks off into each split. Max's maximum is 5 splits (that is, himself and 4 energy copies).

Empowerement : Developed from the split form (multiform, whatever) technique, Max creates a split, but instead of it forming into an energy body, he tags an ally to place the energy into them. Unlike a normal infusion of ki into someone else, this infusion has enough internal structure and complexity to stick around, like a native addition to the target's ki (so it can recover, it doesn't bleed off immediately, etc).

Inner Light: Max has been working on walking the path of enlightenment since before he was born...this time. He has had at least one previous life, and while he doesn't consciously remember any of the details of his past life(ves) he was one of those kids that adults woul look at and say 'oh, he has an old soul'. Because he does. In point of fact, his soul in the year that universe 13 is in is currently on a shelf in otherworld pending paperwork on whether it will be allowed to reincarnate another time or not. The end result is that Max can develop techniques with a holy bent to them that is normally reserved strictly for gods. So far, he only has the one technique that this applies to.

Sacred Beam: a Max Banders original, though from a distance it is visually similar to a Gallic Gun. Max emanates a sphere of hostile white ki around his body before releasing it as a beam in any given direction. It can be fired from a bear hugging position, and since the ki involved is holy flavored, it tends to wreck demons and those with polluted ki. However, it Is a compelling reason for Max to not go evil. Because if he did, then used the technique, he would knock himself out of the technique by setting himself on fire. It also has a tendency to leave places with a sacred cleanliness and a light minty smell that lingers for a little while. It is also ill suited to damaging anything that isn't evil...like rocks, clothing, and innocents. By which I mean it passes by them, maybe cleans them up and leaves them with some cleanliness sparkles for a little bit.

Instant Transmission- Obtained by training on Yardat while in space to get in contact with other planets and spread good will.

Kaioken- obtained by training with king kai while he was dead. Tends to stick to x2 because he's mostly used to it, though he could probably handle x10 for a bit he wouldn't be happy. He has trained up his proficiency with the Kaioken to the point of maintaining the x10 with quick bursts. If he just left it on, he could handle keeping it at x5. He's not sure what his limit might be at this time, but doesn't want to risk exploding (usually). Max has mastered the Kaioken. He can maintain usage of it at x20 by using it in lickety split bursts. If, for some reason he has to maintain a higher energy boost, he can maintain it at x10.

Genki Dama- also obtained by training with king kai while he was dead.

Genki Dama- Healing Edition - Developed from the Genki Dama, instead of taking the gathered energy and forming it into a (possibly massive) bomb of ki, Max uses the Healing Waves technique to change the nature of the bomb from offensive, to recouperative. It tends to have a much larger spread when it explodes, but rather than doing damage or throwing anything around, it provides healing and succor to anything caught within the 'blast'.

Creation- I guess it's called Magic Materialization around here. Same general concept, forging matter from ki. He's still not very good at food yet, but he's usually using it to make clothing, simple tools, or electronic parts to be assembled into larger things or replace broken bits. His focus is more small scale precision than large scale mass production. So, create some power ranger outfits for his split forms? sure. Create a mountain? not so much, definately not all at once. Maybe if you gave him a while. Obtained by winning the rookie otherworld tournament while representing North Galaxy.

Flight- Something that like, 90% of humans knew how to do by the time Max was born. Practically a rite of passage in the same way that learning to drive a car used to be.

Genius level intelligence and a Doctorate to boot- Max was born smart, a child to a medical scientist and a member of earth's space defense forces, and he not only had a full public education, but devoured his way through a college education. He was just about done with his doctoral thesis and ready for submission when he got back to earth when his branch off universe 7 decided to give up. If someone uses a technique against him often enough (like, really obnoxiously often enough) he can eventually figure it out.

Earth Martial Arts: While he isn't a perfect practitioner of any one style, Max memorized the movements associated with every martial arts style he could be exposed to as a child. This isn't so much a power as a statement that he knows kung fu...and tai chi...and karate, and so on. If it's from space/not earth it's probably new to him.

Touch Telekinesis- Like regular telekinesis, but he has to touch things to use it. This is generally how Max achieves superhuman levels of strength, instead of directly empowering his muscles with ki. Same basic end result, but sometimes it makes physics behave different. This is something he does on a subconscious level, rather than something that he could teach or learned.

Telepathy- Part of the whole 'ask the universe for energy' thing. If Max can sense the target's ki, he can use that to open up a bridge for telepathic contact between them. More like a chat or voice chat than a direct link of thoughts, there isn't any involuntary mind reading involved.

Ki Resonance- learned from Freis (Gentleman Purple), Ki resonance involves resonating ki like a sound wave and using that as a discrete precision delivery method.

Wormhole - developed from Ki Resonance and knowing entirely too much about physics, Max can open stable, temporary wormholes from point A to point B, as long as he has some means of targeting the end destination.

Cell Rejuvenation- Utilizing Ki Resonance with Healing Waves, Max delivers a steady stream of healing to his own system. While this does not provide dramatic, Wolverine-esque levels of regeneration, it does tend to stop his bleeding and heal his wounds faster. As an additional side effect, it has halted his aging starting with when he mastered the ability. Using aspects of this same technique, Max could supply himself with oxygen as necessary to avoid asphyxiation.

Quantum Kaioken- A technique that Max had lost access to from not having enough power level to meet the minimum amount of power to activate it due to quantum level differences between his home timeline and Universe 13. The Quantum Kaioken (named because it sounds cooler than Wibbly Wobbly Dimensional Kaioken) involves creating linked extra dimensional space within the user's own cells, filling that space with energy, then fluctuating the dimensional walls of that space and the configuration of it to cause the energy to output greater amounts of energy back into the user's system. More prone to spontaneous self combustion than the regular Kaioken. Max still hasn't got enough energy to activate the technique, but with the time given by the time skip, he's figured out why it isn't working and has a general idea of how much power he'll need to activate it (something on par with dumping a spirit bomb into the extra dimensional space). In his home timeline, this was a transformation that allowed him to fight on par with Super Saiyans.

Enlightened Transformation While Max isn't quite there yet, his inner light has started to show in his aura whenever he powers up, a little golden aura centered on his heart chakra burns within his otherwise white aura. Max is getting closer to the point where his ki will transform into 'godly ki', but he's not quite there yet (and won't get there unless it's dramatically appropriate for the storyline, or already old news).

Other information:

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    Max owns a cruiser sized space ship that was junk when the saiyans he obtained it from got it, and was slightly worse junk when they gave it to him. Built in Age 700, it was at one time an Arcosian Cruiser, built to ferry moderate amounts of personnel and equipment around without having a huge crew requirement. With 190 years of existing under its belt, its seen better days. Even with the maintenance Max did before trying to fly it home, it still needs more maintenance. Technically speaking, it's still a ship from the future with future technology on it. But it's in really rough shape. The cruiser also has 6 'old' scouters, battle suits, and arm blasters on it.
    He has had time to give the ship proper maintenance, in addition to properly integrating the modifications he had made to it. With time to tinker on the scouters, Max has updated them to his own standards of operation for scouters...which means they're rather more advanced than normal.

For the fight on Arcos, Max has whipped up a pair of combat space suits. They aren't perfect, but they are made of advanced saiyan battle armor material. With some wireless microphones, speakers, camera's and projectors attached to the suit as concessions to being able to see, hear and talk. The helmets are otherwise solid and atmospherically sealed, with a supply built into the suit.

Max owns a box of capsules that he keeps a portable house, some storage container capsules, and the ship he was assigned by Capsule Corp to explore the galaxy with and use to make contact with some of the more wayward (by earth standards) species with. The capsule corp ship is much like the ones Goku and Vegeta utilized in their own space shenanigans, with a gravity chamber, living space, and muffin button. Max's has a neglected cappacino machine and a fridge full of beer he's never going to drink. It's also where he keeps outfits from everyone he has trained under. This is also where he keeps his Earth Diplomacy And Welcome packages. He probably won't be handing most of those out anymore.

Max has a red ribbon cyborg power core that he ripped out of an assassin that was trying to kill him. If installed properly, it could enhance someone up to about 10,000 bp equivalent.

With time to do proper reasearch and analysis, Max has replicated and refined the Red Ribbon cybernetic power core design, he can produce one that would upgrade an average person to an equivalent of 50,000 power level.

Max has constructed both a city on Earth (separate entry), and a defense network within the Earth's solar system. This includes waystations to allow passersby to refuel or recieve emergency assistance, prevent cultural contamination from the galaxy at large, and, with the satelites around Earth, shield the inhabitable planets from ki or other kinetic or energy based attacks of a planet killer scale (shielding systems that Max has tested against his own kamehameha at maximum output).

For backup emergency purposes, Max has constructed a battleship with technology that would have been considered advanced in his own era and hidden it in a capsule on the moon. To give it a place, he built a temple on the moon with a statue of himself in it. It does not have any built in life support systems. Contained on the battleship are battlesuits with his upgraded design for the Red Ribbon reactor installed in them, including non-fragile scouters.

For walking around technology, Max is wearing an outfit made from ki-adaptive fibers as mentioned in his description. Clothing and armor made of these kinds of material get stronger the higher the user's ki, allowing them to survive and continue serving their function where lesser fibers would fail. In addition to that small miracle of technology, Max generally has a wrist mounted communicator that links with the Earth's defense network, and his city. And he'll usually be carrying around a tablet that, among other useful functions, can hover, can project hard light holographic interfaces, and has many of the functions of what Max considers an up to date scouter (so it won't explode just because someone is stronger than Freeza).

miscellaneous technology:
    handheld device for converting ki to electricity
    handheld device for converting ki to healing waves
    wearable goggles for seeing ki spectrum visibly
    recovery bed- bed sized and shaped for laying injured person on and having it scan, diagnose, and heal subject using precision ki wave applications, powered by electricity.
    wearable goggles for viewing sub-microscopic scale with ki based wave manipulation
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2018-01-31 at 11:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

just for the protocol, I made up the Ki Web of Snap before the new episode..

soon-ish posting few stuff

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

just getting Tarasai's sheet up:

Spoiler: Shin-jin Tarasai
    Show

Height: six ft tall
    Weight: light
    Species: Shin-Jin
    Station: Continent Reshaper/ Wandering Wuxia Warrior

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

He has purple skin, long flowing white hair, wearing a pure white qipao with no adornments or decorations, to show his humility. He is a lean six feet tall

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

He is serene and humble, eating only what he needs and using his powers for when they are needed. He has rejected the title of “god” for the sake of being a humble traveling warrior, he is polite to everyone and shows kindness where he can. He of course has his own opinions on the Kais and how they run things, but at the same time haven’t forgotten what they taught him and thus he works to try and prove that one can influence the world in positive ways without messing it up.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Shin-Jin Tarasai is destined to become the next Northern Supreme Kai. This is just fact, no matter how much he tries to deny it. A young Shin-Jin, he was born only one thousand years ago to finally start replacing the Supreme Kais lost to Majin Buu, along with three others to learn as apprentices from the current Supreme Kai, who was once the East Supreme Kai but is now the Grand Supreme Kai in all but title. Of course, the obvious questions began popping up: Why only sit here and watch? Why not do more to bring justice? All those dangerous thoughts. Of course the answers are the same: because we must be wise, because we cannot interfere in what potentially might change things for the better without our help, because we cannot show favoritism, because we are not Gods of Destruction and thus do not punish those under us. Leave such a job to Beerus, they say.

The Kais job, is to Create. To Preserve. To Guide. To Watch. Yet Tarasai feels empty. He feels guilty that all he can do is watch. What powerless existence is to just and watch civilization go by while atrocities occur, sipping tea, not doing anything to make it better themselves? What sad excuse is this "wisdom" to not interfere? Was too much caution and wisdom simply cowardice in disguise? He was too humble to think he had all the answers. So he respectfully bowed to the Supreme Kai and said "I must apologize, Sensei. I am giving up the way of the Kais, the way of godhood. I must search for answers myself, go a journey and see where it takes me. I will walk, lowly and humble through the universe saving it one village at a time to search for my answers. I hope you can forgive me." The Supreme Kai thought about this for a moment knowing that all Kais were destined from the day they were born to fulfill the role of Kai, then allowed him to leave.

Thus does Shin-Jin Tarasai don a normal flowing white qipao, unadorned. Thus does he only use his matter materialization to conjure only rice and water. Thus does he only use his Instantaneous Movement to go from one planet to the other once he is done walking across it. Thus does he fight evil one step at a time, hoping to find his answer by living humbly among mortals

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

PL: Low Android Level

Fighting Style Of the Kais:
    His stance and fighting style are very formal, practiced and elegant. He is trained in the ways of the Kais, and thus emphasizes taking down your opponent with minimum use of force, ki efficiency, spirituality, tranquility in battle, defensive moves, and most of all, grace. He has various physical strikes to take down his foes non-lethally.

Superb Ki Control:
    Has finely tuned senses for detecting ki and suppressing his own divine ki so that other gods cannot detect it, as well being able to charge and recover his ki very fast. Furthermore his attacks are so well disciplined and controlled that he doesn't destroy the environment around him when he fights or powers up, and can regulate his ki to fight evenly with people less powerful than him. He barely has any battle aura.

Healing Technique:
    He can heal other organic beings, does not extend to cyborgs or androids.

Matter Materialization Of the Kais:
    As a Shin-Jin and thus one of the Gods of Creation, he has a natural talent for creating things which he can do effortlessly, unlike other races this ability can eventually grow into the power to create new planets and even the beginnings of life.

Kiai:
    Tarasai rarely uses Ki Blasts. Instead he uses Kiai as his normal ranged attacks, basically shockwaves generated by pulsing ki through the air. Because of his great ki-control he can fine tune these shockwaves to attack in creative and deadly ways:
    -Shockwave Palm: A basic technique, he basically does a jedi force push at his foe
    -Shockwave Sphere: a defensive technique where sends out a shockwave in 360 degrees to send his foes flying away from him and deflect ki blast attacks.
    -Distance Fist: He focuses his Kiai to basically use his melee attacks from a distance.
    -Explosive Glare: His eyes flash for a moment before an explosion of Kiai erupts near his foe out of nowhere, with no other indication that an attack is happening.

Telepathy:
    Is well-versed in long range telepathic communication and basic mental combat.

Telekinesis:
    mostly useful for carrying things around and such, he mostly uses it in combat to try and grab his opponent in thin air to take them down non-lethally, or to trip them so that he can gain the upper hand.

Flight:
    he flies quite gracefully.

Instantaneous Movement:
    How he gets around. Is basically the Kai's much better version of Instant Transmission.

Flowing River Dragon Fireworks:
    His only ki blast attack, he shapes his ki into a big blue serpent-like dragon that gracefully lashes out at his foe like flowing water then explodes into a shower of smaller ki blasts that then explode as well, much like fireworks. He uses this attack as a last resort. Even then, he has enough ki control that the explosions barely damage the environment.

Rippling Pond Style, Basic Techniques:
    Earthquake Shockwave
    Gale Wind Shockwave
    Paralyzing Poke
    Sunbeam-Reflecting Palm
    Tidal Wave Attack
    Rippling Raindrop Assault

Rippling Pond Style, Weather Massaging:
    With this level of the style, he can control the weather and seas with his movements with such techniques like:
    Thunder Clap
    Furious Jabs of Lightning
    Blizzard-Bringing Push
    Fog Unleashing Method
    Furious Tornado Technique
    Weather-Clearing Blow
    Hurricane-Stirring Kata

Rippling Pond Style, Geo-Acupuncture:
    With the second level of the style he can control the continents and landmasses of the world with with his techniques:
    Continents-As-Clay Approach
    Mountain-Making Might
    Tectonic Terror Technique
    River Reshaping Sweep
    Intricate Farmland Kata
    Bleeding Mantle's Wrath
    Compass-Confusing Method
    Canyon-Creating Chop

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

I figure that I might as well while I wait. though things like Hailing's planet telekinesis makes me wonder if I should have him go up to Cosmic Conductor level of the Rippling Pond Style already.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-01-24 at 06:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Snap
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 1.9 M
    Weight: 95 K'g
    Species: Kaldasian
    Station: Ex Assasian, Protector Of Yadrat.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

A red-ish Kaldasian, tall and slim, yet look strong. Dressed up in the tradional warrior garb of Yadrat.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snap is usually quite, with all knowing calm smile. Snap is curiouse in heart, seeking to learn through challenges and also loyal to the place he has found as home- Yadrat.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snap managed to get out from the Brown Sun, when he was still young. He befriended three Empirial students, and later they joined together a school for forbidden martial arts.
    The School Of The Dark Web. The Sensei has manipulated him, into murdering his friends

Believing he turned tained, and is fated to be murderor, he accepted his path assasian.
    Eventually he betrayed and killed his Sensei.
    He found himself at Yadrst, learning from the great Masters, just to murder them, when they have taught him, all what they knew.
    He was afraid of getting emotionaly attached again.

Snap joined the Galactic Assasian Guild, as number 2.
    He turned out to be one of the deadliest persons in the universe.

Snap were sent after Apfel's head, and after heated battle, his nerve control technique backfired on him, and he and Apfel bonded.

After being spared by Apfel, he abandoned the guild, and turned back to Yadrat to protect it, and serve the families of the Masters he has murdered.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Power Level- Base Apfel more or less.

Ki sense

Ki blasts

Snap The signature move, that he was named after. By snapping his fingers, near someone's head, he produce subsonic wave that numb or even blow up the brain. 97% of victims, Snap attempted it on them died.

Ki Spark Tiny and very concterated ki ball. This is also one of his signature attacks.

Flight

Dark Web Martial Arts;

Ki Web Strings invisible and undetected ki strings with variouse uses.

Nerve Control Technique

Eight Fist Style

Yadrat's Martials Arts

Instant Transmission

Instant Blast Transmission Telepoting ki attacks.

Instant Clone Transmission

Apfel's Ki Swordmanship

World Blade

Moon Scimitars Personal adjustment of the world blade, sacrificing power for speed and finess of two weapons.

Royal Shield

Spoiler: Natural Abilities
    Show

Abnormal Speed

Fast learning through challenges

Gravity Durability

Empowerment, through expriencing extremes

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

[/spoiler][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

_________

Raziere-
    Wondered, if Yankar would spar with Snap?

Also, wonder if Vodkana abd Tarasai kept sort of connection over the years?

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post

Raziere-
    Wondered, if Yankar would spar with Snap?

Also, wonder if Vodkana abd Tarasai kept sort of connection over the years?
    Sure, I'm already imagining his reaction now:
    "You improve THAT fast? but no super form? huh. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about that. I expect, this will be an interesting challenge."

I don't see why they would not, they ARE training to become the next creation-destruction pair. he is basically mastering a martial arts that is making him focuses on all the little details of the world, so that he may create it as best he can. there are other styles a shinjin can learn to get the same mind for details on such a great scale, but Tarasai chose this one.

Edit: So yeah um.....hm.....I feel like we should get moving at some point cause I'm waiting on Hawkflight to say goodbye to the Referas, but I don't know whether I'm being arbitrary in how I count them? maybe Hawkflights current response is good enough and I should just get going, but then again I don't want to go ahead without her if she still wants to do it and simply hasn't done so yet for some real life reason. the 50 page thread is just bugging me honestly.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-01-25 at 03:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I just missed your post. ^^;

I don't see why they would not, they ARE training to become the next creation-destruction pair. he is basically mastering a martial arts that is making him focuses on all the little details of the world, so that he may create it as best he can. there are other styles a shinjin can learn to get the same mind for details on such a great scale, but Tarasai chose this one.
    You know, that reminds me of something that's been bugging me. So, is Tarasai an Angel, then? Or is there some other "god of creation" for the various universes that I'm not aware of?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

no, he is Shinjin.
    Whis is the angel of U7

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, okay. So who's the angel of Universe 13?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Colossus in the Playground

Still Whis.

Unless he gets replaced, but for the time being, the multiverse has two Berruses and Whises. (Beeri? Whisuses?)
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

You know, that reminds me of something that's been bugging me. So, is Tarasai an Angel, then? Or is there some other "god of creation" for the various universes that I'm not aware of?
    Not how it works, a quick rundown:

There are three beings at the top:
    The Supreme Kai
    The God Of destruction
    The Angel

Spoiler: Spoiling Explanation for Ninja'd
    Show

The Supreme Kai's job is to create planets and guide mortals. They are the good cop who acts like a jedi slash farmer who goes around to places saying "this looks like a good place to plant a seed of a new race/planet/whatever" then they do so that and basically comes back in a few million years to see its progress and basically probably adjust things to be more ideal and so on. they are the guy who sets things back on course when things are going wrong, and the best ones are active about doing and improve the situation using soft methods. If they die, the God of Destruction dies and vice-versa.

The Gods of Destruction are to destroy planets and punish mortals. They are the bad cop slash reaper who comes around evaluating planets and going "yeah, if I let you continue your going to cause more harm than good" and basically if your planet hasn't fixed its problems by the time THEY come around, planet goes boom, and if they find someone being a MAJOR jerk like Freeza/Majin Buu/Zamasu levels of jerk, they are supposed to delete them instead of some random martial artist taking care of the job. They are the inspectors who you do not want coming by cause if you don't cut the mustard your entire office is gone, and the best ones are thoughtful investigators who actively check things out.

Angels, are mysterious but important. First of all, they are more powerful than the God of Destruction, always. they are not Shinjin, and in this godly hierarchy, they are higher than both because a God of Destruction is required to bow to Zen-Oh and an Angel is not. Which means on some level, an Angel is closer to a peer of Zen-Oh than even other gods. One of their jobs is to keep the God of Destruction in check. But since they're so important, its doubtful that its their only job. They seem to be a neutral entity between Creation and Destruction, and if some fan theories are correct, are supposed to be neutral unbiased judges of how a Universe is going and report back to the higher ups their objective assessment no matter what their personal feelings about the Universe is. (because its the only explanation of how the Grand Priest could have Mortal Levels numbers without simply being omniscient, when Zen-Oh is most definitely not.)

So the Supreme Kai creates, the GoD destroys and the Angel observes. problem is, the Angel can be biased, the GoD's can be too trigger happy or not destructive enough or the Supreme kai can be a slacker or you can have Zamasu.....or well any of the other examples Super gives us. technically the Angel goes "inactive" if a GoD is killed, but what we observed is that the Angel is still alive and unchanged so.....its not clear what they mean by that.

TL; DR: Basically, Angels aren't Supreme Kais, and Supreme Kais are the creators, while Angels are objective assessors of the universes status who are above both.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-01-25 at 06:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Still Whis.

Unless he gets replaced, but for the time being, the multiverse has two Berruses and Whises. (Beeri? Whisuses?)
    Wouldn't the higher-ups have an issue with that? I mean, I'm pretty sure we decided that's why Vodkana exists, in order to take Beerus's place, so there should probably be an angel to take Whis's places. Probably somewhere that we haven't discovered him yet.

Oooohhh, maybe that would make a good subplot for Vodkana, meeting Whis's replacement and having him/her (I vote her) train her. She could even be a sensei for the rest of the group as well. Beerus 2 and Whis 2 could continue looking over Universe 13, then when their replacements take their place they can just, I dunno, merge with their originals or something. Or let the Super Dragon Balls sort it out.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Well technically we're still back in time, and we just isolated Universe 13 off from all the others thanks to the Time Patrol. So really, as long as we don't have any plots about Gods from other Universes deciding to pay a visit before the present day, there is no problem with Whis and Beerus 2 being there, or Shin 2 being there, because Shin, Beerus and Whis's 1 are all lazy and don't really visit other Universes much and its implied that the other Gods don't really visit each other all that much either.

I think igor has plans about the Angel, last time they PM'd me? best that we take those into consideration. I forget what they were exactly.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Ah well, here part of Vodkana's history.
    She actually has two muse parents-
    "Battle Of Gods"
    And Shugoki No Soma.

I was thinking about spoiled cat girl who has much more power thab she deserve.
    But more and more lore came out-
    The most important one, is the fact GoD can't create. Which at this point, made Vdkana's existence unlikely.

But Raziere offered an idea, which put everything in beatiful order-
    Vodkana was born to fix the paradox of two Beeri.

As for new angel, me and Raziere discussed and didn't came to conclusion-

I offered the arrival of the angel of the original U13.
    Raziere offered, that Whis will reiacarnate and change..
    But it probably will be relevant... years of IRL from now.

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I'm personally not sure whether Gods of Destruction are unable to create or not?

I mean it'd make sense but at the same time, Zamasu, a shinjin demonstrates quite clearly that he can blow up whatever he wants quite well despite being a god of creation.

I dunno, maybe there is something I haven't read that says they can't create? either that or its one of those unconfirmed Toriyama things where he writes down a concept and provides information important only for the story he is telling at the moment then forgets entirely to provide any other information. like how Shinjin create planets and races at all, as far as I know Toriyama has never told anyone the actual process of how the Kais go about doing that.

one assumes they just use Matter Materialization for that like with everything else and using it to create anything from planets to plants to animals is just a really advanced application, since the wish dragons are entirely capable of creating that and resurrecting those, so why not the shinjin? the practical upshot is that it should be theoretically possible for a Kai to just create a sapient being from nothing just as easily as a god of Destruction could delete one, but of course this has never been shown, since y'know, Toriyama made Shin an incompletely trained slacker who can't do anything important ever.

as for Angels they are basically Mysterious Beings of Ultimate Plot Power who just stand around making snarky comments at their Gods of Destruction and sometimes do a thing that helps people when they feel like it/plot demands it or when the GoD is being a little too stupid. so how they get replaced and who they are is surprisingly flexible and open because hey, its not as if they are going to do much and if they did do much they'd demolish the plots of Dragon Ball single handedly simply because they are so much more powerful than anyone else. so making a new one amounts to "what do you want your God of Destruction-sitter to look like?" in my mind because most of the time they'll just be there being oddly calm and serene about everything without really doing much.

I mean don't get me wrong, they are important, its just the importance is mostly:
    Beerus: I'm so angry that I'm going to destroy this entire galaxy!
    BOOM entire galaxy destroyed in an instant
    Whis: ahahahaha, NOPE
    Whis rewinds time, then slaps Beerus upside the head before he can destroy galaxy
    Beerus whines: Ooooow! Ok ok I won't.....

also they might be the ones who actually choose the next God of Destruction, because Whis offered the job to Vegeta while they were alone for some reason, so it implies that he has the power to make that decision. (no points for guessing why he didn't offer the same to Goku).

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm personally not sure whether Gods of Destruction are unable to create or not?

I mean it'd make sense but at the same time, Zamasu, a shinjin demonstrates quite clearly that he can blow up whatever he wants quite well despite being a god of creation.
    Eh, that's technically not "destruction", more "transfiguration of matter into a different, significantly deader state".

Also they might be the ones who actually choose the next God of Destruction, because Whis offered the job to Vegeta while they were alone for some reason, so it implies that he has the power to make that decision.
    I could actually see that being extremely important to Vodkana's character arc, assuming she ends up gunning for the position.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, that's technically not "destruction", more "transfiguration of matter into a different, significantly deader state".

I could actually see that being extremely important to Vodkana's character arc, assuming she ends up gunning for the position.
    Hm. Touche. Honestly, I'm more curious as to whether Angels can fire ki blasts or not, not a single Angel has been shown to go all out and Whis basically played around with Vegeta and Goku without even looking at their punches.

That is my idea yes, for Whis to recognize the Universe has changed and that he is going to change with it, so he has to seek out a new God of Destruction. and my idea is that basically Whis 2 recognizes that there can't be two Whises forever, so he somehow gets Vodkana to become Goddess of Destruction, and then he transforms time-lord style into a new Angel tailored to keeping Vodkana in check rather than Beerus, if igor is ok with that and we don't all decide to go with igor's idea instead or come up with another idea we all like even better than those.

what Angel that actually is, who they are? can be anything we want, since again they don't do much despite their importance, so unless igor doesn't want the Angel to be female, sure they can be that, four of them already are female, and its not a big deal anyways since we're not even sure if they reproduce, despite them all being the children of the Grand Priest.

remember they are incredibly mysterious, almost Chara levels of mysterious, so anything we come up with will be very likely a fan fleshing out of how they work. even my time lord Angel regeneration idea is just my idea than anything remotely canonical for how they truly work, because there is so much we simply don't know. which is actually perfect for roleplaying, since filling in blanks for our game and no one elses is a good campaign characteristic.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

annoyed Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground OOC V: It's Hailing for Christmas

About GoD's ability to create- I think it stated when, it explained ehy Whis cleaning after Beerus.

Despite Shinjin's ability to kill and destory, it'd more than a fair trade- GoD are by defintiin the strongest in their universe, and also-it doesn't orevent them to learn other forms of magic.

Beerus for example were the one to seal old Kaioshin in the Z sword.

When I created Vodkana I have assumed, that GoD are other specie of gods, but aparently... it's a job given to powerful mortals.

For a little bit of research, I think that something happened to the creator of the Super Dragon Balls- but he also the creator of everything, while Zeno is a destroyer, and High Priest supposed to balance them.

Somehow, I see Zeno doesn't have the patience to take care of each universe as he should- so powerful mortals were chosen and trained by angels that High Priest created.

And I am quite sure it stated that angels are forbidden from fighting outside of trainings.
    They can't even command the GoD. They just offer them ideas...
    To Zeno, Whis and Vados reported of Beerus and Champa's flaws.

I think they are inspectors, if anything.

Maybe it balance their OPness.

As for Whis2- sound good to me.

Though, I think that we can use the angels of the doomed univereses in few cools ways.

But again.. we have at least 2 arcs until then.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is a third Creation God as well, but why Zerama hasn't shown up yet, no one is sure. Perhaps he will show up to break up the Tournament of Power, hopefully?

hm, even a doomed Angel is dangerous though- they are not PC material for a reason. they are comparable to Gandalf in how powerful yet limited in action they are for their respective setting. they can be useful I agree, but in limited capacity.

as for forbidden from fighting outside of training......hm, that could be the case, it doesn't contradict anything in canon and Whis has been shown to be acting in a teacher role.

well we aren't going to start getting through those arcs until we get to the timeskip, so while I appreciate the time to write out my plans and such for how I want things to go and get a bunch of character sheets finished, I hope that we can get around to it at some point. I've even wrote down some short stories about the Refera's Odyssey during the timeskip all formatted as letters to Celestia showing what they got up to over time.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

I actually had ideas for doomed angels as enemy or something.

Hmmm.. what stopping us from skipping to the next Arc?

------
    My previouse Avater