New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default What are you playing right now?

We have threads like this for books and music... why not games?

What are you playing right now, and how is it?
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing right now?

As of right now, my current focus is on The Surge. Was on sale for $25 so figured may as well get it at a decent price.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I get on my 3DS every so often to push the story ever so slightly forward in the delightful Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and also trudging through Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne on Hard (definitely one of the hardest RTS campaigns there is) and also Dragon Age: Origins.

I started way too many things at once, but I'm trying my best to push forward... between timewasters like Overwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

At the moment, mostly Hearthstone and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Marvel's great fun, I love playing Dante in particular, even if I'm not sure who I prefer for a teammate. Unlike its predecessor, the online's pretty good, too.

And Hearthstone's, well, same as always. I don't play a ton these days, but I get in some matches to do my quests here and there, and hit the Brawls each week.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    ...and also trudging through Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne on Hard (definitely one of the hardest RTS campaigns there is) :
    Wow, that is a slog. I remember dropping my Hard run on the last mission of the Undead campaign, on the original W3. Granted, I wasn't a very good player, but still, it was a slog.

On a more related note to the thread, I'm playing Curse of the Necrodancer: Amplified, right now, because it's Necrodancer and it's awesome.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Should get to that Horizon Zero Dawn DLC at some point too.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Path of Exile and Dota 2, mostly. Last of Us and Dangonronpa V3 when my friends are over. Tried Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in VR. That was pretty nifty.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

8. - Top - End - #8

On PC, I just finished Mark of the Ninja, which was utterly delightful. It does everything I like about stealth games, but with the twist of being in 2D, which is done really well. I don't know how I missed this until now, it was amazing.

On console, I've been playing entirely too much Titanfall 2 multiplayer for the past month. It's a lot of fun, but I'm starting to get burned out and I think it's time for something new.
    Show
    What this guy said.

9. - Top - End - #9

Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 mod. I see what the hype is about, very well made, I understand it’s a classic, but holy moley the rampant racism and sexism is wearing me out. I hope we’ll see a spiritual successor that picks up on some of the absolutely wonderful game design.

... so now I’m just waiting for the new DLC for Crusader Kings which is more into depicting the cruelty of darker times than it is into actually being casually racist and sexist.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Playing through Deus Ex Classic, fully understanding why it remains such a beloved game.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Playing through Deus Ex Classic, fully understanding why it remains such a beloved game.
    Deus Ex is arguably my favorite reviewed game on my favorite youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU

It presents a reasonable argument as to why Deus Ex is the most important game ever made. He does reviews on the next two games as well, for fans of the series.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm so happy for you
    Show
    What this guy said.

13. - Top - End - #13

I play a match or five of Hearthstone, every day.

Last few months, Overwatch, every day.

Endless Space 2, every other day or so. Haven't finished a game yet. Got a bad case of altitis. (restartitis?) Just wish there was a way to turn off the quest stuff, all of it. Gets old after seeing the same things a few times.

And that's it. Got Dishonored and Pillars of Eternity waiting, but it's hard to gather any motivation to start anything new at the moment, even though I know both of those should be great..
    Well that was awkward.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Borderlands 2. Tried the pre-sequel, finished it, have no desire to play more but I needed my fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Borderlands 2. Tried the pre-sequel, finished it, have no desire to play more but I needed my fix.
    I forgot to put that on my list. Great game. My ladyfriend and I recently beat Master Gee. That was a struggle, but felt good to complete!

16. - Top - End - #16

Finishing up my complete playthrough of the Thief series by playing the (kinda, sorta) reboot. Only a level in, but my main thoughts so far are: 1) Wow, the audio is awful. 2) Why couldn't they just do a straight sequel? 3) There are some good ideas here, but I think it would have been better as its own game.
    Show
    What this guy said.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    Finishing up my complete playthrough of the Thief series by playing the (kinda, sorta) reboot. Only a level in, but my main thoughts so far are: 1) Wow, the audio is awful. 2) Why couldn't they just do a straight sequel? 3) There are some good ideas here, but I think it would have been better as its own game.
    Did you play The Dark Mod yet? It was a Doom 3 mod that was basically Thief 2.5, and recently became a free, standalone game, and it also has a fan mission community. If you haven't played it, it should wash away the pain of having played Thi4f.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

18. - Top - End - #18

Diablo 3 rise of the necromancer. Just can't stop.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hearts of Iron 4. Did a game as the Soviet Union, one as the US, now in the middle of an interesting game as France. I've taken over Italy, I'm invading southern Germany, but Nationalist Spain just joined the war and forced me to rush a bunch of green divisions out for defense.
    ithilanor on Steam.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Did you play The Dark Mod yet? It was a Doom 3 mod that was basically Thief 2.5, and recently became a free, standalone game, and it also has a fan mission community. If you haven't played it, it should wash away the pain of having played Thi4f.
    I'll definitely look into that, thanks.

Also, thought number 4) I get the feeling someone at Eidos Montreal might have played Dishonored. No idea why.
    Show
    What this guy said.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I forgot to put that on my list. Great game. My ladyfriend and I recently beat Master Gee. That was a struggle, but felt good to complete!
    We've been restarting from the beginning to compare the writing. I'm not so good at the game, so I doubt we'll beat Master Gee so easily. I remember him being really difficult when that DLC came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

22. - Top - End - #22

DruidGuy

Fallout: Shelter and Medieval Total War 2.

Once the next DLC for Crusader Kings 2 drops, I'll be playing that again. Though not until after Nanowrimo ends.

23. - Top - End - #23

DwarfFighterGuy

Right now? Sims Medieval. Our bandit problem is getting out of hand. They mug people in the castle regularly now. Also Day of Infamy with a mod that replaces the normal soundtrack with Dunkirk's.

I second that recommendation for the Dark Mod. It's really really good, and exactly what I was looking for when I needed my Thief fix.

I tried Deus Ex and bounced off for some reason. I love the rest of that holy trinity of Thief, System Shock II, and Deus Ex, so I'll probably have to try again.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by ufo View Post
    Jagged Alliance 2 with the 1.13 mod. I see what the hype is about, very well made, I understand it’s a classic, but holy moley the rampant racism and sexism is wearing me out. I hope we’ll see a spiritual successor that picks up on some of the absolutely wonderful game design.

... so now I’m just waiting for the new DLC for Crusader Kings which is more into depicting the cruelty of darker times than it is into actually being casually racist and sexist.
    I really enjoyed JA2; excellent stategy/tactical/RPG gameplay. Definitely one I dig out every now and then (despite its...thematic flaws). Really love the variety and viability of weapons too; except for the end-game, you can do a solo play-through using nothing but knives or even unarmed if you really want!
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Path of Exile and Stellaris, mostly. Also recently started replaying Spellforce (Order of Dawn currently.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Right now I am actually splitting my time equally between Sims 4 and Divinity Original Sin 2.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm just starting to play in the Path of Exile, offended at Blizzard. I do not quite understand what is going on with these PoE orbs, unless you trade (in D3 there was no trade, ie once was but they removed the auction house)

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Kanua View Post
    I'm just starting to play in the Path of Exile, offended at Blizzard. I do not quite understand what is going on with these PoE orbs, unless you trade (in D3 there was no trade, ie once was but they removed the auction house)
    My character's name is Fuzzy Nuzzy if you wanna add me in PoE. I'm iNuzzle on Steam if that's easier. Our PoE thread is fairly dead here on GitP but I can offer my advice on what to do with the orbs, trading or using.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kanua View Post
    They're what the game uses for currency instead of gold.

They all do different things that are, as far as I can tell, mostly worth less than the things you can spend them on when you get to endgame.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    I really enjoyed JA2; excellent stategy/tactical/RPG gameplay. Definitely one I dig out every now and then (despite its...thematic flaws). Really love the variety and viability of weapons too; except for the end-game, you can do a solo play-through using nothing but knives or even unarmed if you really want!
    Yeah, the meaningful parts of the game, the interactions with the mercenary registers (murderhobo Facebook), the variety of weapons (and modifications!) and tactical battles, is superb. In many ways, it surpasses modern tactical games like the XCOMs. I enjoyed the stretches where I didn't have to interact with the plot, characters or setting at all but was simply waging a guerilla war on a strategic map, managing contracts, supplies and going on badass missions behind enemy lines.