New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing right now?

I now got 100% in Dark Souls. Still not decided if I do Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 now.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I now got 100% in Dark Souls. Still not decided if I do Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3 now.
    Go for bloodborne! Dark Souls 3 is more fun after a brief hiatus from Dark Souls, I feel. Makes returning to environs seem more special.
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

So, waiting for DBFZ to come out next Friday, I've been itching to play fighting games. So I hopped into Street Fighter 5, since it just had its big "Arcade Edition" update.

Well, I'll give it this: they finally got this game to where it should have been at launch (though it's doubtful many people outside the hardcore fans much care two years after the game came out). The single-player modes most people wanted are finally all there, the roster is a lot bigger (although those of us that bought it at launch don't have most of them unless you played enough or paid for the DLC...), everything looks and, in some cases, works better. A casual fan would actually not be disappointed picking up the game in its current state, particularly since buying Arcade Edition itself new (rather than having the launch edition and getting the free AE update) gives you the first twelve DLC characters on top of the original roster. They've even got a free trial period for the first of the new season of DLC characters going, which is something I haven't seen any fighting game do before that I think is actually a very good idea - give people the chance to try out DLC characters and see if they like them, rather than having to buy them blind, or at most having seen others play them. That's a very rare case where I can honestly say I hope other fighting game developers learn from Capcom.

Unfortunately, it's not doing much for me in this case. That new trial DLC character happens to be my main from SF4, Sakura - but getting to try her, I find that they've changed basically everything about her that I used to like. Her lk and ex shippuga and how they shaped her pressure and combo game being chief among them. I honestly don't find I want to play this version of her. Which leaves me going back to the characters I've been playing since the game came out, which is... eh.

Thinking maybe I should pull out BlazBlue: Central Fiction instead. That'll have more in common with DBFZ than Street Fighter does anyway - and considering the BS they're pulling with BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle has made me decide to pass on that, it might be a long time before I get another BlazBlue game to actually play.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

God I wish my PC was not a years old Frankenstein'd monster so I could play Fighter Z when it comes out in steam, as well as the eventual Monster Hunter World PC release.

I seriously need to get around to building a cheapish gaming pc.

Heck a BestBuy premade would probably run laps around my clunker.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

I finished Assassin's Creed: Origins on PS4 a couple weeks ago, now I'm waiting for the DLC to drop. I love the AC series and I think Origins might be my favorite of them all (though Black Flag was amazing and its story ending is much better).

I bought Bloodborne during the holiday sale, so that'll probably be my next major game. I've never played any of the Dark Souls games before so I'm a little worried about jumping into Bloodborne cold turkey, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it quickly enough.

I also keep returning to the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane trilogy, because those games are SO FUN and give me warm and fuzzy nostalgia vibes.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Splitting my time now between Sims 4 and Overwatch.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Recently got around to finishing Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. Twenty something years later I finally found out what happens in the game between that damn plant puzzle and the final battle at the Fortress of Doom.

I went on to run through Lufia: The Legend Returns.

While Lufia 3's combat system is neat and Lufia 2 has some really enjoyable game play (if you ignore various bugs and other signs the game was apparently WELL behind schedule), the original really is the best in terms of storytelling.

Lufia 2 has lots of fun dialogue, but honestly the plot is kinda jumbled and turned what was a really well-done plot twist into a series staple, which Lufia 3 dutifully runs with.[/RANT]

8. - Top - End - #158

PirateGuy

I finished Steamworld Dig 2 last night. Made it a lot harder on myself though. Spent the last dozen or so time against the final boss dying repeatedly. Decided I needed to grind for more upgrades, and was clearing rooms I skipped towards the end. Found one that I had skipped because i had thought "Eh, I have enough upgrade stuff right now", and found it had an armor upgrade in it.

Audibly called myself an idiot.

Beat boss on next attempt.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

I've had approximately zero time to really game this week, in the sense of anything that requires me to pay attention. So it's back to Crimsonland

Crimsonland is just a perfect game, particularly in Survival mode. Plus I got a high score that cracked the top 1,000 for Survival last night, which is a personal best. Using the Ion Cannon of all things, which I usually consider a second tier gun at best.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Recently picked up Thea: The Awakening and have been having a wonderful time. One part civ, one part oregon trail of all things, set in a world full of Slavic Mythos. You're trying to restore the world to its former glory (or not, your call) by adventuring out into the wastes and bringing back useable resources for your city. Very fun, very lovely art, highly recommended.

Also, Subnautica just got its full release. Time to fall-in-love/be-terrified by the beauties and horrors of Planet 4546B all over again.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

I've mostly been playing Crossout, since making your own Mad Max car is fun, and Secret World Legends, since my group in that game is still active so we just keep upgrading our gear while waiting for the next part of the storyline to be released.

I also intend to force myself to stop playing Shadow Of War after I finish this playthrough. I hope I can make myself put the game down until after the DLC come out, so I'll get around to playing something new in the meantime.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

12. - Top - End - #162

PirateGuy

I finished Yakuza 0 last night, and boy, was that chock-o-block full of tension and dramatic irony. One of the few games I may try to do a new game plus.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I'm playing Dragonball FighterZ. My current team is Freeza/Goku Black/Hit. this is like,the first fighting game I've ever played, so I'm trying for a rushdown team since I like being fast and furious. its really fun even if I think I lose more often than I win.....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #164

I've been having some fun with gaming as of late.

Still working off and on on my Final Fantasy 3 save, I'm coming closer to finally beating the game. Three Onion Swords so far, just down to missing a single piece of Onion Gear and coming up with a workaround since one of my characters probably isn't going to hit 9999 HP. Kinda mixed feelings on that, probably going to savegame hack him up because the 3D remake is really bad about screwing the party on action economy. (I also really want to beat the Steel Giant, and that thing is just brutal.)

Another game I started on that's been tons of fun lately is Sky Rogue. I got it a steam sale or two back, finally decided to dust it off and give it a go... So glad I did, it reminds me of the old low poly flatshaded 3D games. Still trying to get the hang of the game, some dogfights are incredibly unforgiving. (Too many aces and vets in a swarm of enemy fighters and it's all I can do to dodge them.) I really like how there seems to be no "perfect loadout", at least not that I've found so far.

I've been streaming games to some friends lately, too. I started off with the WSC remake of Final Fantasy Legend, currently going through an obscure JRPG called Eternal Filena. It's actually tons of fun in that "so campy it's awesome" sort of way, and has quite an interesting battle system. Recently I added in the D&D arcade game to my lineup and that's been tons of fun- Last time I grabbed my friends for online co-op and voice chat, to get that classic arcade experience going. The next one of those is tomorrow (Sunday) at 3pm Central time (9 UTC) on my twitch, it should be funny to watch a bunch of amateurs who suck at arcade games flop around in Shadow over Mystara.

I'm probably going to fire up Hollow Knight once I run out of things to do in Sky Rogue. I still need to play more Dead Cells, too, but I'm saving it for streaming misadventures later on once I finish the current JRPG.

I also ordered myself an SD2SNES cart recently, waiting on that to get built and shipped. I am seriously looking forward to playing ROM translations/Difficulty hacks on real SNES hardware.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Doing campaigns in Batman Origins and City from time to time. Trying to gather all items in Darksiders I, II, as well.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Replaying D&D Tactics. I had to start over due to memory got corrupted.

I forgot how big a story it becomes over time. Still unsure, should I help the elves or the humans right now.

17. - Top - End - #167

Finished Dark Souls! It was a lot of fun - not quite as brutal as I was expecting, but just challenging enough to be extremely satisfying.

Going to start Torment: Tides of Numenera tomorrow. I absolutely loved Planescape: Torment when I played it last year, so I think this’ll be my kind of thing.
    Last edited by rooster707; 2018-01-29 at 06:12 PM.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

18. - Top - End - #168

I've been bouncing between Overwatch and Minecraft lately(both on PS4. Yeah, I'm a console peasant and damn proud of it. ). Been enjoying the Minecraft, especially since I've gotten a couple major projects done recently. That said, Overwatch is still been pretty fun too, although realizing how bad my aim is some days makes me glad I stick with simpler heroes for the most part.

Also been considering purchasing Dead By Daylight. Seems like an interesting game and despite my inbuilt hesitance to being scared, I think I could have a lot of fun being the Killer.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

gone back poking around with EU4, for the gazillionth time, finally trying to get around finishing the campaign that i started two patches ago

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Recently got around to finishing Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. Twenty something years later I finally found out what happens in the game between that damn plant puzzle and the final battle at the Fortress of Doom.
    Oh man, I love that game. Part of it is likely nostalgia but it's still among my favorite games, period. I wish Lufia 3 and "4" were a bit better than they happened to be, then we might have gotten more sequels...

I got my last achievement in Factorio, so I might be done with that now.. Unless I go for a game just for fun next.
    Otherwise I started to finally play Twilight Princess, two hours or so into the game.. It's not bad but.. I'm not really hooked. At this point I will only finish it for completion's sake. Which is what I keep telling myself about Majora's Mask for literally years...
    Or I'll see if I can find something totally different to pick up, either really old or something new and quick.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Currently playing Civ VI and Stardew Valley. Enjoying both quite a bit, but am a bit frustrated with so many missed opportunities in Stardew, so much stuff I've found out that the devs put in the code, but not the actual code, plus other stuff that would have been minor to add in, but huge improvements over-all. Civ VI of course is great, wishing I had the money for the upcoming expansion, wondering if it will come with all the DLC(there is a massive amount, like 6-8 packs, but each are like $5-$9) or not. If it does, maybe I'll be able to snag it during the summer steam sale, or the winter sale.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Finally beat Shut up and Jam Gaiden. It's only like a 6 hour game but I get little game time. Absolutely recommended.

I have a gaming triage going. Very close to beating BG:EE. Also done with FFXV except for the post-game content. Also mostly done with .hack//OUTBREAK (my PS2 won't start it reliably though). Maybe halfway through Disgaea 5. Just started The Way. Then there's a few other I barely started or just purchased (looking forward to Hollow Knight in particular).

EDIT: Oh right, also Kingdom Hearts (KHFM on the PS4 compilation btw, nearly done). Playing that one with my wife.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-01-31 at 06:39 AM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

I'm about halfway (well, technically I am exactly halfway) through NieR at the moment. Aside from some deep grumpiness about how the gardening mini-game wants to force me to play literally every day, I am enjoying it immensely.

24. - Top - End - #174

DrowGuy

Cracking down on Terraria (+Tremor mod) - just got into mythril today. Other games I have active saves on include Monster Hunter 4, Fire Emblem Fates (Awakening), Pokemon Insurgence, and Getting Over It.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Found a good blind lets play of Mass Effect. I will try to squeeze that in too. WAY too long since I went through a full trilogy playthrough.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I'm about halfway (well, technically I am exactly halfway) through NieR at the moment. Aside from some deep grumpiness about how the gardening mini-game wants to force me to play literally every day, I am enjoying it immensely.
    Being "halfway" through Nier is a trickier thing to define than you may initially think. Sure, there's a point that looks like it's halfway, but you have to do the second "half" four times for all the endings and at least twice to understand what is going on (there are story segments that aren't there first time which let you know what was really going on). Sidequests are saved between them though, but endings C and D need you to max out all the weapons which is a hell of a grind. Also do ending D last.

(Although it's not like you even get to understand what the hell is going on and why without reading the supplemental fan book that only came out in Japanese, because Yoko Taro.)
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2018-01-31 at 05:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Playing Subnautica now that it's fully released. It's going a lot faster then it normally would've. Going to attribute that to watching Markiplier play it for so long.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently on Avernum 2: Crystal Souls. That's... a very long game. But the end is near. Just the last steps for all of the three main quests are left to be done. The game will probably not survive the Weekend.

A good time to think about what to play next.

I've recently aquired some Gold Box classics (Pool of Radiance etc.) and there is also Fallout Tactics on my plate. But after three weeks of Avernum 2 I think a need a break from Turn Based Combat. And maybe RPGs in general.

The Homeworld series has recently catched my interest.
    But there is also Outcast (Remastered). Since I've never played the original this seems like a good opportunity.

But if I DO stay in RPGs Venetica seem like a game for me.

So many options...

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    Currently on Avernum 2: Crystal Souls. That's... a very long game. But the end is near. Just the last steps for all of the three main quests are left to be done. The game will probably not survive the Weekend.
    Damn, I never finished an Exile or Avernum myself. You go man.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2018-02-01 at 07:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180

BlackDragon

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Knight on PC for the first time. I'd avoided it after the launch debacle and also the negative reviews about the Batmobile sections. The price dropped low enough before Christmas that I figured I may as well take a punt on it.

I'm at about 30% completion so far and have had no real major bugs, so it seems stable enough these days. It is an absolute beast to run though, I've had to turn everything down way low to get a framerate that doesn't feel like I'm wading through treacle. My PC is a few years old now so no longer top-of-the-line, but I was able to run the reasonably comparable Rise of the Tomb Raider on medium settings with little trouble so I'm not sure to what extent the issues are with my rig being lower spec or are still the general issues people were having with the game since it launched. Still, it works well enough to get by.

As for the game itself, the Batman parts are all good. It also feels packed full of content, which was my main criticism of Arkham Origins. The main story hasn't really engaged me all that much (I'm at the point where I'm following the Arkham Knight's trail into a tunnel) but I'm more interested in following it through enough to unlock everything and then just messing around with sidequests. So far I've found the Riddler's questline to be much more interesting than the main plot. It's funny that they've continued to play Riddler thinking that he's Batman's greatest nemesis as a joke when I would have actually quite liked him to be the main villain here instead of the one-note Scarecrow and the spectacularly uninteresting Arkham Knight.

Driving around in the Batmobile is generally fun enough, but it's disappointing how destructive it is - especially since I'm a terrible driver! There's no way you can argue that Bats isn't killing people when your tank is getting into head-on collisions with other cars that turn them into flaming wrecks. I guess the answer to that is "don't get into collisions with the non-drone cars"? It does annoy me how involved the Batmobile is in puzzles, and the game also stretches the Arkham series' already tenuous grasp of the concept of "riddle" to breaking point by having it include "go around a racetrack really fast". Lastly, the tank combat sections are as horrid as everyone had said. It's not so much that they're hard, they're just tedious and unnecessary. They annoy me to the point that I've focused my upgrades on maxing out the Batmobile to make them as short and easy as possible. I'd be much happier if the Batmobile was purely for getting from A to B, with the occasional race/pursuit section.

As for DLC, I enjoyed the Batgirl one plenty. The Harley Quinn one was fun, but too short. The Red Hood one was also very short, but I'm fine with that because **** Red Hood. I've not played the other story ones yet because their descriptions say they're post-main game. I've enjoyed the racetracks for the Dark Knight Tumbler, Keatonmobile and Westmobile although it's disappointing that the Adam West skin was apparently console-exclusive and the Tumbler tracks don't use the Hans Zimmer music (or if it is from the Dark Knight's soundtrack, it's not the Dark Knight theme). All the extra AR challenges are fine and good, I've also aced a lot of them which has helped my "max out the 'mobile ASAP" plan.
    Allergy advice: posts may contain traces of sarcasm