New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    How do so many people list games on this forum while playing them, without messing up their gameplay as a result?
    Two screens, two mouses, ambidexterity.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

How do so many people list games on this forum while playing them, without messing up their gameplay as a result?
    Putting aside how "right now" is being used loosely to refer to sort of "active" games generally being played over a time period, tun based games is how.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Spamalot in the Playground

Guild Wars 2 is my current MMO poison; working through the Heart of Thorns storyline and will probably buy Path of Fire in a few weeks. As for other games:

1) Hit maximum mastery points in Starcraft 2 co-op, so I've put that aside for now.
    2) Stuck on the final boss in Cuphead, will get through that at some point.
    3) Working on a Divinity OS2 playthrough
    4) Accumulating more simfiles for my Stepmania collection
    5) Doing another Dead Space 2 playthrough on the weekends as a drinking game.

I don't know why there was a smiley on my original, because I wasn't joking. Unless I was, and just forgot; that's certainly possible.
    Taking you at face value then - it's amazing how much time you can free up by not allocating resources to pedantry
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently I'm playing Legends of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, it had been a while since I'd last played a fun turn based JRPG. Plenty to customize too, which is always a plus for me. I'm at the last parts of the game though, so after that I think I'll try and finish the last Isle of Cuphead.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Picked up Into the Breach and the game is a fun little tactics game.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Night in the Woods, a depressing story-driven adventure game about cartoon animals who are unable to find non-minimum-wage employment.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Bit of Stellaris when 2.0 dropped, picked up Slay the Spire which was surprisingly fun for something that's not usually my jam, continuing to plan out my megafactory in Factorio and my PoE addiction will refresh tomorrow when 3.2 gets released and consume me for the next week or so.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Night in the Woods, a depressing story-driven adventure game about cartoon animals who are unable to find non-minimum-wage employment.
    Not as depressing as it's organic, I guess. I mean, sure, the protagonist looks depressed, but there's a lot of positivity in her life too.

By the way, one of the better writings I've seen in the last years' games.

9. - Top - End - #219

Pretty much exclusively on Disgaea 5 now. Some others on the back burner. I don't remember the Disgaea games being quite so long. I like this one a lot.

Also... I feel my power levels are all janky. Must be lacking in gear. Getting a 900 Statistician is taking forever. I'm mid-game grinding though, not always the smartest thing to do.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #220
    Spamalot in the Playground

Dunno where I made the odd turn, but I find myself now playing Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars and having one heck of an amusing train wreck imagining the Humans as if they were led by President Cave Johnson. You do get "portals" by mid-game (the star gates), and what better way to think with portals than to warp in a battle fleet to lay down some "semi-guided photon science" upon the Meklar? I even have three fleet captains that give science bonuses!

This could make a funny LP.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #221

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    I've been meaning to pick this up at some point, as the story looked interesting. Has it still been holding up?

12. - Top - End - #222

PirateGuy

Picked up Diablo 3 to play with some friends, and still puttsing around in FIFA 18 and it's Ultimate Team mode.

But I can not stop thinking about Into the Breach. The game has a mainlined itself into my brain. Haven't even gotten past island 2, but I really enjoy this game so far.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Yeah, Into the Breach has a way of hooking you. I absolutely adore that game. If you're looking for a master class in pure, lean, no-padding-here gameplay, Into the Breach is your game.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling rather like non-violent games of late. Tragically the lack of decent city builders* in recent years means I'm replaying Pharaoh again. Holds up extremely well, although given how deeply the Impressions games are embedded in my childhood nostalgia, I'm very far from an objective judge of that.

*There's some modern ones I suppose. I live in a modern city, that's bad enough.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Jama7301 View Post
    I've been meaning to pick this up at some point, as the story looked interesting. Has it still been holding up?
    It's good. I've finished it. It takes kind of a weird turn at the end, but not a bad one.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Feeling rather like non-violent games of late. Tragically the lack of decent city builders* in recent years means I'm replaying Pharaoh again. Holds up extremely well, although given how deeply the Impressions games are embedded in my childhood nostalgia, I'm very far from an objective judge of that.

*There's some modern ones I suppose. I live in a modern city, that's bad enough.
    Giive it a week and Surviving Mars should be out. Looks to be an interesting twist on city builders.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

It's not exactly a city builder (but modern) but I've heard good things about Rise of Industry. Then again, it's not exactly my preferred genre.

Also, I made the grave mistake of reinstalling Civ V... Help... I feel like I will never get anything done again.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jama7301 View Post
    But I can not stop thinking about Into the Breach. The game has a mainlined itself into my brain. Haven't even gotten past island 2, but I really enjoy this game so far.
    Same here. I just keep returning to it. Also, if you can't get past island 2, here's a couple of small tips:

-Think all the options. Sometimes (especially when a bit tired) the brain can just go "ah, this move is enough for this round", but there's often a better one.
    -The deployment is almost as important as a normal round. Look up the ranges of the opponents and what moves they can pull.
    -Don't be a hero on the strategic map. Pick "normal" missions unless you feel exceptionally powerful/weak.
    -The second squad is very good.
    -Block as many newcoming aliens as possible. If you can stand on a hole and shoot another alien in the process, that's often a winning round.

Quote Originally Posted by NRSASD View Post
    Yeah, Into the Breach has a way of hooking you. I absolutely adore that game. If you're looking for a master class in pure, lean, no-padding-here gameplay, Into the Breach is your game.
    True that. It's a very rare mix of bare-bones minimalism and immense tactical depth. Even though there might be overall "better" games in the last few years, I think Into the Breach should be taught in game design lessons.

I'm not much for non-violence these days myself, but have you looked at Thea?
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2018-03-07 at 04:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Pharaoh is so good. I adore that game so much. Have you tried Zeus and/or Poseidon?

I enjoyed Thea, but it's completely different. Have you tried Anno 1404? Not nearly as good as Pharaoh, but still pretty fun. My fiance and I had a good time with it.
    Last edited by NRSASD; 2018-03-07 at 02:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Currently playing Slay the Spire. It's a fun little game (despite still being in Early Access), but I did die to a snot donut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

You could give Factorio a try. You're not building a city, but you're very definitely building.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

A mix of Warframe, Dominions 5 and uh, Civ IV.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NRSASD View Post
    Pharaoh is so good. I adore that game so much. Have you tried Zeus and/or Poseidon?

I enjoyed Thea, but it's completely different. Have you tried Anno 1404? Not nearly as good as Pharaoh, but still pretty fun. My fiance and I had a good time with it.
    Yup. Caeser III was the first game I ever played that came in an actual box; I'm pretty sure I've still got the manual somewhere. And man did the Impressions games have manuals; those things were freaking books. Loved Ceaser III, and Pharaoh, and Zeus. Never really played Emperor though.

I've tried a couple of the Anno games, and for some reason they've never really clicked for me. Not sure why.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Have you checked out Subnautica? Base building underwater exploration. There's also a story mode that ditches the survival elements if you want those gone. It's not entirely non-violent, but mostly it's just chasing away things that have decided they want to eat you.

I've rediscovered just how much fun X-Com is. Though fun might not be the right word.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Have you checked out Subnautica? Base building underwater exploration. There's also a story mode that ditches the survival elements if you want those gone. It's not entirely non-violent, but mostly it's just chasing away things that have decided they want to eat you.

I've rediscovered just how much fun X-Com is. Though fun might not be the right word.
    for all that it do have 'building' elements ... calling it a builder is kinda just about the least proper thing, without being flat out wrong

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Vermintide 2 just released. The original was the most fun first person stabber I've ever played, so I've had this one on preorder since last year.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Caeser III was the first game I ever played that came in an actual box; I'm pretty sure I've still got the manual somewhere. And man did the Impressions games have manuals; those things were freaking books. Loved Ceaser III, and Pharaoh, and Zeus. Never really played Emperor though.

I've tried a couple of the Anno games, and for some reason they've never really clicked for me. Not sure why.
    I played the very first. Back in the 90s these games were huge in Germany. The reason I never really got into them was that I always failed to prepare for enemy attacks in time. I was happy building a settlement until some invaders show up and wreck everything.

Played Settlers 2 several times, and I always ended up quitting in the first level in which the enemies attack without being invaded by you first.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

It was more him wanting something non-violent than something buildy.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    You could give Factorio a try. You're not building a city, but you're very definitely building.
    I thought about suggesting this too. With biters turned off it's non-violent and it's very much a builder game. Plus it's not only very fun, it also has that, "hey, why's it getting light outside?" ability to make 8 hours flash by in an instant.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

I was looking at Slay The Spire and it looks fun-ish, but the art style and complete (almost) lack of animation has turned me off a bit.
    Any other creative card games out there (I have played Hearthstone).
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"