New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [IC] Nature will gradually erase...

Darach listened to the tiefling play for a few minutes. He even sings along a bit, if he knows the song. Well, he would call it singing. Fortunately for everyone else the raucous bar drowns most of it out. Between songs, he goes up to the tiefling and drops a few silver coins among the small pile that invariably builds up around musicians at these establishments. "That was very good," he tells the musician. "Are you from here? We have just arrived, and we heard the locals are having some fungus problems in the mine."
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Music
    Show
    For a little bit of fun:

We'll just imagine a harpsichord on the piano bit. Catchy!

The tiefling nods politely to Darach as he offers the tip, already starting to play another song that's something between a rag and a swing. It doesn't seem as familiar to the dwarves, who look at the tiefling in perplexity for a moment, but they start making up words to the song and a couple start to drunkenly dance to it, enjoying it all the same. He grins at Darach's question and continues to play, since the music seems to be the life of the party right now, but he has skill enough to play and talk (read: yell over the noise) to Darach to answer his question.

"From here? No, me and Vec over there,"
    he tilts his head towards the red-head clearing tables, "Just on our way through. Well, I say that, but we've been here about a month. Inns are always looking for extra help this time of year, you know," he says, running his fingers over the keys in a long trill, to the enjoyment of the patrons. The tiefling grins over his shoulder at the dwarves for a moment before looking back to Darach. "Travelers, you know. But, yeah, I've heard about the mine. Mushrooms everywhere and all that. Lost a couple miners down there, apparently. Doesn't sound like much fun, but a living's a living."
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-11-15 at 02:16 PM.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

The Half-Orc wearing the symbol of Theandrios piqued Taicho's interest. He even asked about the mines. It was as though the Star Gods had moved at his thought and presented an opportunity.

Hail, friend. He called out over the cheery tune and raised the hand holding the bottle. Sit with me. Enjoy a drink. Fellow traveler's should stick together and I too am interested in the mines. It perhaps came off as a bit awkward. Taicho was unsure how to introduce himself and was very forward. Anyone can tell his people skills are not stellar. But he is well meaning. I have drink to share. The early hour does not occur to him. I am Taicho, Who might you be? Some priest?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach nods to the Tengu stranger. "I am Darach Starwalker. A priest, and a warrior." He sits with the stranger and accepts the offered drink with a nod of thanks. "I am not particularly interested in the mines, exactly, but I was sent here by my church on a mission to drive back the monsters of the wilds. Anything I can do to help these people seems like it would do well in furthering that goal. I have become separated from the original members of my expedition, but these companions I have found on the road"--he indicates the rest of the party milling about--"are also interested in helping these people out. I, for one, would not mind having another at our side when we go to cleanse the mine.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Daedalus and Hastur enter the bar to the intoxicating tune of the tiefling, immediately with two different things on their mind.
    This fiend blood knows music! Daedalus, come and dance! Perhaps we will find you a pretty Dwarven woman! Hastur opens his vest a little more and makes his way to the dance floor, completely ignorant of Daedalus staring across the room, near dumbfounded by the redhead with the rune on his forehead. Another summoner? I hadn't thought anyone else in the world had access to the knowledge required to become one! Did he find a puzzle cube too? There is no hint of jealousy in Daedalus' thoughts, only a keen interest in this not-quite-human, who either shared his craft or had a very odd sense of adornment. Daedalus crossed the room, avoiding jumping Dwarves and the swinging elbows of Hastur well above the heads of his dancing partners to stand before the potential outsider who bussed the tables. He bowed deep, his rune glowing a steady, welcoming green. He yells to be heard- Hail,
    fellow summoner! I'd thought I may never see another of my profession, and certainly didn't expect them to be waiting tables in a place like this!
    He realizes that might sound rude, but cannot stop himself.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll roll whatever may be needed to try to identify the race of this interesting person.
    The Bear is Back.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Knowledge Check
    Show
    It'll be planes or religion, I think. DC 10 for either. He's a Dark Folk - in this setting Dark Folk are rumored to be direct children of the star gods or simply fallen stars themselves, having dropped right from the sky. Sometimes they're seen as guardian angels, or at least good sources of Ether knowledge. DC is low because bright hair and dark eyes make them fairly recognizable.

The redhead looks up as he's addressed, flashing a bright smile when he sets eyes on Daedalus, or, more precisely, on the rune on his head. His eyes are dark, like the space between stars, but his skin is alabaster pale, and he's quite fair to look at, even if he seems a bit out of place in such a busy, loud, bright place. He seems happy enough, and if the tiefling is his company, it's very likely he's used to settings like this. "Hello!" he chirps, tone chipper as he straightens up from the table and approaches Daedalus. "May darkness ever elude you, friend," he says, a typical greeting for worshipers of Ruda. At the comment that it's surprising to see a summoner here, the youth merely smiles, a secretive sort of expression. "Why should it be so strange? You're here, too, after all," he points out. "My name's Corrin. Might I have the honor of knowing yours?"

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira walks into the bar behind the others. Situating herself in a less-energetic corner of the room as they fan out to speak to the more...unusual...patrons, she scans around looking for anyone that seems like a leader among the dwarven miners.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    perception (1d20+9)[22]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

The first thing Mercuira notices upon glancing around is the sheer number of empty tankards laying around on tables in the room. Second to note, laying around the room, was the number of shovels and pickaxes - clearly they were in the right place for looking for miners. All of the ones in here wore worker's clothes, none seeming particularly more important than another, but it would be a fair assumption to make that any one of these dwarves could point you in the general direction of a supervisor. They may not have been in the bar because of the new trouble in the mine, which they had to find a way to deal with, but any of these dwarves could tell you where to find their homes or get you entrance to the worksite - considering how wealthy the mines made Vark, the entrance was kept under guard.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Spoiler: Knowledge Check
    Show
    It'll be planes or religion, I think. DC 10 for either. He's a Dark Folk - in this setting Dark Folk are rumored to be direct children of the star gods or simply fallen stars themselves, having dropped right from the sky. Sometimes they're seen as guardian angels, or at least good sources of Ether knowledge. DC is low because bright hair and dark eyes make them fairly recognizable.

The redhead looks up as he's addressed, flashing a bright smile when he sets eyes on Daedalus, or, more precisely, on the rune on his head. His eyes are dark, like the space between stars, but his skin is alabaster pale, and he's quite fair to look at, even if he seems a bit out of place in such a busy, loud, bright place. He seems happy enough, and if the tiefling is his company, it's very likely he's used to settings like this. "Hello!" he chirps, tone chipper as he straightens up from the table and approaches Daedalus. "May darkness ever elude you, friend," he says, a typical greeting for worshipers of Ruda. At the comment that it's surprising to see a summoner here, the youth merely smiles, a secretive sort of expression. "Why should it be so strange? You're here, too, after all," he points out. "My name's Corrin. Might I have the honor of knowing yours?"
    Daedalus Frow, humble tailor and summoner. My companion... he gestures towards Hastur, who is currently double fisting mugs of ale while he dancesIs Hastur on Red Sands. He is my eidolon and best friend. Daedalus looks around, trying to spot Corrin's partner if he can. I discovered the means to summon him in an ancient technological puzzle cube that imparted the knowledge into my mind. I wonder how you came across your set of powers, sir? I apologize for being forward,
    but I was never sure if I would meet another summoner in my lifetime.
    As he is speaking, Hastur takes a particularly large drink, flexing his oiled muscled for a dwarven female miner with an audible ripping pop. Damn, there goes another stitch.
    If I'm lucky he'll let me mend it and not request ANOTHER new vest...
    The Bear is Back.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Corrin seems highly amused by the antics of Daedalus' companion. His own eidolon wasn't near anything like that. "Hastur," he repeats, to remember the name. "And Daedalus. Pleasure," he says with a nod. He lets out a light, amused laugh as Hastur flexes, trying to impress the patrons. "Not sure if his efforts are going to be rewarded, here. Even for dwarves, they're particularly drunk and I'm not sure if they'll remember this in the... well, but it is morning, isn't it?" he questions. "I should probably see if Finch is awake," he muses, and smiles at Daedalus. "My own companion. She's a bit wary of all the noise, but I'm sure she won't mind me bringing her out to meet you," he decides. "It is rare, to meet another summoner, after all, and she would probably like it. I know I'm one of very few - but I studied, there's a school for conjurers in one of the ruins far north of here... an old master who divined the secrets by Ruda's blessing. I was mentored by him," he explains. "Just a sec, I'll get Finch." Instead of wandering off, however, he motions to the bag at his side - a satchel with several animals embroidered into the leather in neat stitching. Corrin flips back the front and coaxes his eidolon out onto his arm - a small creature, barely the size of a familiar, but intelligence shows in her eyes as her ears prick forward and her tiny wings flare.
    "Cor," she hums, flitting to his shoulder, but her eyes are on Daedalus. "Who is this?" she asks. Corrin grins.
    "A friend. Daedalus Frow."

Spoiler: Finch
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Knowing the intelligence of eidolons, Daedalus in no way treats this creature like a pet. He bows to Finch. Daedalus Frow,
    a fellow summoner and new acquaintance of your companion. Good to meet you. My friend Hastur is busying himself with jocularity.
    He orders a drink of wine, something sweet and BARELY alcoholic, and takes a ginger sip. Feeling much better than earlier, his stomach gives only a frustrated grumble. An entire school of summoners... I may have to make a trip there. I've only been self... well... artifact taught... and I would relish the opportunity to learn from others. An entire school... I'll be damned... The very prospect of it set his mind spinning in all directions. He looked over at his companions, nodding and trusting them to scare up information on their new goal themselves. He can't stop himself from gushing for a moment- admiring Corrin's companion, complimenting the creature himself, bemoaning the sometimes aggravating nature of his own eidolon, asking questions at rapid speed about his school and their teachings. It is obvious this is a moment he has dreamed of.
    The Bear is Back.

12. - Top - End - #72

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    Darach nods to the Tengu stranger. "I am Darach Starwalker. A priest, and a warrior." He sits with the stranger and accepts the offered drink with a nod of thanks. "I am not particularly interested in the mines, exactly, but I was sent here by my church on a mission to drive back the monsters of the wilds. Anything I can do to help these people seems like it would do well in furthering that goal. I have become separated from the original members of my expedition, but these companions I have found on the road"--he indicates the rest of the party milling about--"are also interested in helping these people out. I, for one, would not mind having another at our side when we go to cleanse the mine.

Extending his right hand to shake Darach's. It is a pleasure to meet you. A bit rehearsed in tone but he means it, like he knows that the phrasing is supposed to be just that way. I was just wondering whether I should ask some of the others here if they might be willing to assist me with the fungus problem. Less then confident he sighs. I do not know that much about such spaces or the monsters that trouble them and do not think myself capable to solve this on my own. You are a blessing, I have made it a bit of a personal mission to beat back 'nature' wherever I can.

He takes note of the others that arrived with Darach. The two half-elves, the demon (perhaps some sort of large tiefling), and a musician. You certainly have some interesting companions. I suppose I wouldn't stand out all that much compared to... He points at Hastur. Strength in numbers is also the first lesson any warrior should take to heart, if you'll help me I am more than willing to repay the kindness with future assistance.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach smiles widely, returning the handshake. "Our goals are aligned, it would seem. Come, let's go speak with the others. Best you introduce yourself to them as well." Darach goes to see what the others are up to. "Daedalus!" he calls, seeing the summoner conversing with the red-headed... human? "Made a friend, have you? I've found someone who is willing to help us clear the mines." He offers a hand to the stranger. "Darach Starwalker, of the Church of the Ascendant Stars. Pleased to meet you."

-----

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    Darach smiles widely, returning the handshake. "Our goals are aligned, it would seem. Come, let's go speak with the others. Best you introduce yourself to them as well." Darach goes to see what the others are up to. "Daedalus!" he calls, seeing the summoner conversing with the red-headed... human? "Made a friend, have you? I've found someone who is willing to help us clear the mines." He offers a hand to the stranger. "Darach Starwalker, of the Church of the Ascendant Stars. Pleased to meet you."
    Oh! Excellent! My name is Daedalus Frow, and my friends here are Finch and Corrin. My friend Hastur is dancing over there.
    And you are?
    Daedalus has to suppress an instinct of annoyance at his conversation being interrupted, knowing it to be unreasonable and impolite.
    The Bear is Back.

15. - Top - End - #75

Goblin

Still a bit taken aback by Hastur and extending a hand to Daedalus. Taicho. It is good to see that Darach here has strong friends. The mines have become quite dangerous as I understand.

Looking over at Finch and Corrin. A pleasure to meet you both as well. Again in that somewhat rehearsed but genuine tone. This is the most he has spoken to strangers in some time.

When do all of you intend to strike out? Eager and a bit unsure if that was the right question so early in their meeting. Being too forward was something Taicho needed to work on. Being around people might be a good change for him. I am eager to test my skills alongside other warriors. His eyes smiled, though it was less obvious than on Darach's toothy jaw.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Corrin eagerly answers Daedalus' questions, and when he seems so interested in the school, offers to give him directions - but before he can, their conversation is interrupted as Darach and Taicho come over. The redhead gives them both a smile and a nod. "A pleasure," he says, and Finch flares her wings in a short greeting, as well. When the mines are mentioned, Corrin quirks his brow. "You'll need to find Boris if you want to go in there, I think. He's one of the supervisors, usually comes in here once a day... but since the news about the fungus, I haven't seen him. He's probably trying to figure out how to get rid of it," he says.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira can't seem to find a dwarf who isn't singing and dancing, but she does notice that the others from the caravan have made some friends. She walks over to the group just in time to hear the human...thing mention a mining supervisor by name. Jutting in without introducing herself, she suggests "We could probably ask one of the miners to show us the way, unless they're too busy here..." Then turning to the newcomers, "unless you know how to take us there? I'm Mercuira, by the way. I'm with Daedelus and Darach here."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, I can tell you where to find- Mal, that's very good playing, but you're a bit loud!" Corrin calls, to the tiefling's barking laughter. Corrin rolls his eyes and looks to the group. "If you want to step outside with me, then, I can show you where to go... I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding him. But, ah, don't tell him who sent you. Mallow decided it would be a good idea to cast a couple spells down there to 'help' with the miners' progress and, er, we started a mudslide... so, yeah, he won't let us anywhere near the place and you probably won't want to say we sent you," Corrin explains, leading the group outside. Finch stays perched on his shoulder, ears laid back a bit to block out some of the drunken laughter.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be happy to join you outside.
    There we can also discuss the location of your school. And as soon as I have the time I'll set to making Finch a set of earmuffs to help drow out some of this noise, as a way of thanking you both.
    Daedalus tries to get Hastur's attention, pointing to him and then the door.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #80

Jarome followed after the summoners, content to listen to the conversation and with little to interject. He was happy to leave the bar however - while the miners make an enthusiastic audience, their tendency to get rowdy and start brawling at the best of times had driven him to perform at the Mithril Vein after he nearly lost his prized guitar when a group of brawling dwarves had spilled onto the stage and crashed into him. He guessed that the brawling was only going to get worse the longer the mines were closed as the bored dwarves had little to do other then drink.

Outside, Jarome offered Taicho his hand in greeting. "Jarome Windhurst, traveler, guide and bard by trade. As for when we intended to strike out, unless the others need to make preparations, I'm ready to get started once we have some official clearance to head into the mines."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Finch's ears prick forward at the idea of earmuffs, and to show her thanks she preens herself a little bit until a loose feather from her wings comes out, and she insists that Corrin give it to Daedalus. Corrin does so with a faint smile - "It's lucky," - she insists, before Corrin looks over at the rest of the group. "Okay, so you're going to want to go back over to the March," he instructs pointing towards the area where the Mithril Vein is, "And keep going all the way to the end of the street, there's this stone building and the door has mithril inlay on it, you can't miss it. That's where all the supervisors are. As I say, ask for Boris, but don't tell who sent you," he says.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

My thanks. I'll wear it proudly, then. Daedalus takes the feather, and with remarkable dexterity begins forming a braid at this temple that quickly wraps down, incorporating the feather into his hair style. If he'd had a hat things would be simpler, but he didn't have time to make one of those. And thank you for the direction. We'll make sure to keep your names out of the matter.
    Thank you again for everything, Corrin. I'll be back for those directions to your school, but I will come baring gifts for the two of you and victory over the fungi!
    He laughs, extending a hand to both of them in parting. Hastur also does the same, but he tilts an eyebrow when looking at Finch. Far too small for service... He grumbles as the two of them are turning away to find the building housing the mining supervisors.
    The Bear is Back.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Thank you, and your small friend," Darach says solemnly as Corrin offers Daedalus the feather. He's either humoring the eidolon very well, or he seriously believes that the feather will bring them luck. He follows Daedalus and the rest of the group in the direction Corrin indicated, looking for the building he described. Shouldn't be too hard to spot, he thinks to himself.

-----

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Assuming everyone is okay with moving on, then

"But ears quite large enough to hear for miles," Finch pipes up, looking directly at Hastur. It's clear enough that she heard the comment, but she doesn't seem to have taken offense - she looks more amused than anything else. Flicking her tail a couple times, she gently reaches up with her delicate paws and grooms the hair by her Summoner's ear. Corrin beams at Daedalus, and nods to the rest of the group.
    "We'll probably be here for a while yet," he says. "If you need anything, swing by. Not sure how much use we'll be, but," he trails off with a shrug, leaving the implied ending of the sentence hanging in the air.

You all move on, following the directions Corrin has given you, and are easily able to find the gilded building at the end of the March. It's quiet from the outside, but once inside, you see several dwarves clustered around a table, pooling over maps of the mines' tunnels and discussing strategies for getting rid of the fungus. They look up in quiet surprise as you enter, and one clears his throat. "Well, I'll be derned. Look like adventurin' sorts. Boris, y'know they may be able to-"
    "Absolutely not. Not after the last group caused that huge cave in..." the eldest-looking dwarf in the room curls his lip as he looks all of you over. "What're you here for?"

Spoiler: FYI
    Show
    Might help if you all wanted to go ahead and roll diplomacy for this one

25. - Top - End - #85

Goblin

Taicho faded to the back of the group. It would be for the best if he stayed quiet. Talking people into things has never been his strong suit. Instead he took a quick look around. Hoping to get a feel for the mood. He understood feelings. Persuasiveness was another issue entirely.

Show
    Sense motive (1d20+9)[22]
    Perception (1d20+10)[29]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Gods grant ye good day, sirs. My name is Daedalus Frow, and my companions and I had indeed hoped to speak to you about clearing the infestations from your mines for the good of the town and for a bit of coin to keep us in business adventuring. I do hope we'll be able to work something out to aid you- we have no desire to see anything befall this bastion of civilization in the darkness of the wilds.
    Daedalus smiles warmly and gives a bow to the assembled miners, putting his best foot forward.
    Yes, my friends! We hope to slay your foes and free your trade from your fungal fiends! Don't deny us the right to lend aid,
    with magic and blades, to free your town from poverty and infestation!

Show
    Diplomacy for both Hastur and Daedalus- (1d20+3)[17] for summoner and (1d20+1)[19] for summonee.
    The Bear is Back.

27. - Top - End - #87

Jarome coughs as the summoner and his companion both begin talking at nearly the same time. Once they finish their speeches, he interjects as well, hoping to reinforce their position.

"As Daedalus and the redoubtable Hastur have stated, we have heard in the Mithril Vein and again from your miners at the Iron Mug about the troubles to be found in the mines. While we do not live here, Vark is known as a bastion of safety and trade in these hostile Wilds. Anything that threatens Vark needs to be dealt with swiftly and severely. To my knowledge, none of us have the ability to damage the mines themselves, so anything we can do to force back or eradicate the fungal infestation is only for the good."

Spoiler: Roll for Diplomacy
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[14]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

As a few members of the group step forward to speak, Taicho takes a long look around the room, to gather any information he can about this place and the situation. The hall here itself displays all the wealth Vark is known to have - mostly in the rather prominent display of finely crafted mithril arms and armor which have been used to decorate the room. The walls themselves even have a bit of the expensive and rare metal inlaid, making them seem to shine in the torchlight which illuminates the place from the inside. There are also works of art around the room which have been presumably gotten in trade, several fine wooden sculptures made of darkwood hewn from the forests farther north. There are also two shrines in the room, interestingly enough, to opposing deities: Nuha and Sa'd.

The dwarves gathered around the table are all eyeing you with varying degrees of relief and suspicion. It seems that whatever's going on down in the mines is quite serious, and they're not sure how to deal with it on their own, but at the same time, they are protective of the mines and the riches within, seeing it as their duty to keep the wealth flowing into the town and not wanting to jeopardize its safety with outsiders. After the group finishes speaking, the dwarves look back to Boris, who is clearly in charge.

The old dwarf harrumphs and gives you all a second look over, the suspicious glint still in his eyes until it lands on Hastur, after he finishes speaking. The djinn certainly cuts an impressive figure and that seems to make Boris think that maybe, just maybe, you can handle something like this without destroying everything down there. He considers it for a long moment, before finally giving a small nod. "All right, well. maybe. You clear that place out and we'll be in your debt... but it would be remiss of me not to ask you going in what you're expecting to get out of this. What do you want?" he questions once again.

29. - Top - End - #89

Goblin

Taicho blinked at the grand treasures and care of craft he saw in the mining office, hearing Boris' question he could not help but blurt out an answer. What you have built here in Vark is lovely, incredible. Civilization like this deserves every chance to thrive. Looking at the shrines at the end of the room. Staring at them a bit. With a bit of luck we should be able to put this industry to rights. That remark was nearly a prayer. All I desire is ensuring your mines return to operation and this village continues to prosper. No payment beyond what you are willing is needed for myself. He realizes he has just spoken quite plainly to everyone in the room and again returns to silence. If he could blush in embarrassment, he would.
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-11-20 at 03:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach is content to let the others take the lead in parleying with the supervisor. He was never unduly skilled with his words, and Dwarves are usually quite stubborn. He is relieved that they are able to convince him, however, and when Taicho speaks he gives a solemn nod. "And for me as well, though I cannot speak for my companions one way or the other. Doing the work of the gods by cleansing this place in their name is reward enough for me, although some sort of financial compensation would not be unwelcome. We are mere mortals, of course, and must eat. Whatever your conscience directs will be sufficient."
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-11-21 at 12:29 AM.

-----