New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: [IC] Nature will gradually erase...

Taicho turns his back to this grim task, understanding it has to be done bu visibly unhappy. Peering ahead and graciously accepting the mask from Daedalus. It seems that with each day this cursed forest finds more insidious ways to destroy us. May the Gods usher these souls where they deserve to be. Anything is better than being puppeted so grotesquely. Keepimg his attention fixed forward he waits for the others to finish. Perhaps unaware his tone was less then comforting. Bitterness in his voice.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Between Darach and Daedalus, the bodies are destroyed and the plants utterly obliterated. You all even remember to do the heads, as well, which Daedalus is able to remind you is where the roots of the plant embed themselves in their new host. That done, your descent is almost complete - after a couple more turns, the corridor breaks into a natural cavern, opening up above you for hundreds of feet, but the pathway itself has narrowed, and you must squeeze through the passage ahead.

Spoiler: Another Check
    Show
    Escape Artist, this time. You need at least a DC 10 to squeeze through. If you roll lower, you're going to get stuck and have to make a DC 15 to get loose, or a DC 10 Strength check to get loose. You can aid one another with the strength check, if you need to.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach eyes the narrow passage ahead distrustfully. Seeing no other way forward, he takes a breath and attempts to squeeze through the gap... and promptly becomes stuck fast."I hate caverns," he mutters, as he attempts to pull himself forward through brute strength.

Spoiler: Strength roll
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23]

It takes some time and a few curses, but eventually Darach manages to haul himself through the narrow crevasse.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-11-29 at 11:33 AM.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

4. - Top - End - #124

Goblin

Taicho slips through the narrow passage. Continuing to look ahead, more wary then ever after the abominations they just encountered. We need to keep our wits about us. Looking up cautiously. You should never forget to look up. We must keep an eye out for the plant that caused this. Being underground made Taicho a bit uneasy. After all he was a bird, and he belonged far above the earth, at least some part of him did. He stayed near the passageway in case anyone else needed help, though Darach could likely handle it.
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-11-29 at 11:46 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira slips through easily as well, then scans around for any threats before turning back to help anyone who may need it.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    escape artist 22
    perception (1d20+9)[22]
    strength check aid (if needed) (1d20+2)[16]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone manages to slip through the passage with relative ease (except Darach, but by the time he's through the gap might actually be a bit bigger, judging by the amount of mud that's come with Darach on his armor once he muscles through). The cavern air is chill and damp, and somewhere nearby you can hear the trickling of water. The floor underneath you here is all mud, but it's somehow easier to walk on than before - probably because in the carved tunnels above it was mud over hard rock, which made it easy to slip. Here, your feet just kind of squelch in a couple inches, and the ground beneath is spongy, but you have a little more traction. You seem to have entered into a large room, about twenty feet wide and fifty feet across. For a moment, you all are alone, but then, there's some shuffling and moaning and stepping towards your lights is a small horde of the same types of zombies you have faced already - only this time, there are about a dozen of them, lumbering towards you with dead, empty eyes.

Spoiler: Initiative (and terrain info)
    Show

We're treating this room as rough terrain. No need to make checks to avoid falling, but you can only move at half speed and cannot perform a charge.

Darach: (1d20+5)[6]
    Mercuira: (1d20+4)[18]
    Jarome: (1d20+5)[22]
    Daedalus: (1d20+4)[24]
    Hastur: (1d20+5)[13]
    Taicho: (1d20+7)[24]
    Monsters: (1d20)[9]

Everyone except Darach, go! We can fluff it and say Darach's still squeezing through the door.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-11-29 at 03:23 PM.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira spots the plant zombies as soon as she crosses through the gap, and looses an arrow at the nearest one, hoping to buy time for Darach to cross through the gap safely.

Show
    move to within 30 ft if possible/needed
    attack (1d20+9)[16] (+1 if within 30 feet)
    damage (1d8+2)[6] (+1 +(1d6)[4] sneak attack if within 30 feet) edit: oops, should be 2d6 on the sneak attack...

always nice when the initiative rolls line up nicely with the action, eh?
    Last edited by theasl; 2017-11-29 at 05:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

”We found the rest if the mining crew it looks like! Darach, there’s plenty of business for your axe!” Jarome warns, moving alongside Mercuira, though he holds his shot and begins singing to bolster his allies.

(+1 bonus vs. charm and fear effects, +1 to hit and damage)

9. - Top - End - #129

Goblin

Taicho crouches down and readies himself for attack. Drawing his sling and loosing a stone at the nearest zombie.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+8)[15]
    damage (1d4)[3]
    if sneak attack (2d6)[5]

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Ready, Hastur? Daedalus' heart starts pumping faster as he steadies his crossbow and aims at the nearest fungus infected miner. Ready, Daedalus. Hastur slogs through the mud to take a position in front of his summoner, and hopefully closer then the others to try to draw the enemy to him. COME, INFESTED ONES! LET THE GREAT AND MIGHTY HASTUR BE YOUR WELL DESERVED END!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Daedalus is going to level his crossbow and fire- (1d20+7)[27] to hit and (1d8)[7] damage. Hastur is going to double move to be in closer to the enemy and try to cover the party. EDIT- I'm on a roll with these natural twenties.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2017-11-30 at 12:21 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Two of the zombies are taken down, one stopped right in its tracks by Mercuira's well placed arrow. Taicho and Daedalus punch out the eyes of another and it collapses onto the ground, unmoving for now - presumably the arrow and stone have punched right through into what's left of its brain.
    The other creatures stagger forwards slowly, sloshing through the mud. They're slow and the only one actually close enough for them to swing at is Hastur, but not all do, instead focusing their attentions on lumbering slowly up to the rest of the group.

Spoiler: Attacks on Hastur
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[26] (this one moves so it is flanking. Hastur can take Attack of Opportunity on this one if he likes.)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
    Hastur will take 17 damage unless his AoO manages to take out the second one that hits. There are three currently around him and seven approaching the rest of the party, within 10 feet, now.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-11-30 at 01:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

When Darach extricates himself from the crevice, he moves forward with a shout, winding up a blow with his axe as he does so. "Hastur! Hold those off and I can sort out these!"

Show
    Moving forward to attack, going to cleave if possible. Prioritizing those who might be threatening our casters/archers.

First attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d12+7)[19]

If the first attack hits and there's another target adjacent to it:
    Second attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d12+7)[12]

Edit: forgot the bard song, so that would've been +1 to both attacks and damage rolls. Not that I think it'd make a difference
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-11-30 at 02:13 PM.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

In what is quickly becoming Darach's signature move, he rushes forward and cleaves two more of the creatures in twain, slashing across their bodies and unseaming them from stomach to sternum each. Five now groan and stare at the party with dead, empty eyes, while the ones surrounding Hastur continue to focus on him.

Spoiler: Everyone Else
    Show
    Go ahead! Eight left, unless Hastur gets one with AoO. PPP, you can include the AoO in with the rest of your actions.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Hastur gives a loud grunt as the zombies tear away at him, red sand that is blistering hot pouring from his wounds in place of blood. He slashes with his curved blade, attempting to decapitate the zombie making it's way around him. Daedalus gives a small grunt of pain himself, feeling an echo of the eidolon's pain through their link. He doesn't bother firing the crossbow again, instead rushing forward to just out of the range of the zombies, touching a hand to Hastur and throwing a small piece of leather in the air. Felicium Kator! Hastur, dodge them! The same plates of ethereal armor spring up around the eidolon, giving him a greater measure of protection. Hastur doesn't respond, continuing to swing his blade like a scythe through wheat.
    Show
    First, Hastur's attack of opportunity- attack (1d20+7)[22] and damage (2d4+6)[11]. Then Daedalus will cast Mage Armor (honestly should have done that earlier) and Hastur will attack again- attack (1d20+7)[18] and damage (2d4+6)[13]
    The Bear is Back.

15. - Top - End - #135

Goblin

Taicho tumbles forward, hopefully creating a flanking position with someone. Following through on his roll with a kick to the small of one of these creatures backs.

Show
    Acrobatics (1d20+13)[23]
    Attack (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage (1d6+5)[6]
    if sneak attack (2d6)[10]

edit:forgot the bard song. +1s I guess
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-11-30 at 05:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Emboldened by her success and Jarome's song, Mercuira launches an arrow at the closest surviving plant zombie, aiming for its left eye to penetrate through to the brain as the others had done.

Show
    using deadly aim this time, also including bonus from point-blank shot and the bard song
    attack (1d20+10)[19]
    damage (1d8+6)[7]

edit: a 1 on damage, really?
    Last edited by theasl; 2017-11-30 at 05:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Jarome stops singing, but some trick of his magic causes the song to linger in the air without his adding to it, and its magic continues to empower the party.

Freed from singing, he focuses on taking aim and firing at the nearest zombie.

Spoiler: Attack Rolls
    Show

Assuming Point Blank Shot and taking into account bard song:

Attack Roll: (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage Roll: (1d6+4)[8]

Bard Song: 1/13 rounds used, Lingering Performance causes song to linger for 2 rounds
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2017-12-01 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Changed my mind on continuing singing

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

With two mighty swings of his greatsword, Hastur is able to dispatch two of the zombies - one as it runs by him, ready to swing, and another once he re-balances from the first strike. The remaining zombie in front of him groans and swings at him once more.

Spoiler: Attack on Hastur
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]
    Miss!

With Darach drawing the attention of another of the zombies, Taicho sneaks up behind it and delivers a swift and devastating blow to the back of its head, crushing its skull and bringing it to the ground. Jarome and Mercuira take aim and fire at another of them, but the arrows thunk into its flesh and it hisses. It seems the piercing damage of the arrows is far less effective than Darach and Hastur's slashing. The damaged zombie lumbers toward the pair of archers, while the other remaining three take their swings at Taicho and Darach.

Spoiler: Attacks on Taicho
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]
    Attack: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Two misses!

Spoiler: Attack on Darach
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    Crit does not confirm. 7 damage.

Spoiler: Number of Zombies left
    Show
    One in front of Hastur, three by Taicho and Darach, and the damaged one right in front of Jarome and Mercuira.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-12-01 at 11:04 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Grunting from the hit, Darach recovers his footing and winds up another swing, shouting a warning to Mercuria and Jarome. There isn't much he can do for now, so he focuses on finishing off the remaining enemies in front of him before going to assist.

Show
    Going to cleave again, if I can, starting with the one that hit me.

First attack: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[15]
    Second attack: (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[19]

Dang, I think the first one missed, which invalidates the second hit. Ah well, can't get them all.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-12-01 at 11:43 AM.

-----

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Recovering from being hit, Darach's axe swings wide - he was going for another decapitating blow, but the slash flies over the heads of his enemies. Neither go down.

21. - Top - End - #141

Goblin

Tacho steps to one side and unleashes several strikes. A kick at the zombie he steps behind and attempts to follow through with an elbow for a nearby enemy.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show

Flurry of Blows
    Attack 1 (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage 1 (1d6+5)[7]
    if SA (2d6)[7]
    For second zombie.
    Attack 2 (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage 2 (1d6)[4]

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira carefully steps back and launches another arrow at the zombie's face.

Show
    5ft step away from the zombie, then attack with same modifiers as before
    attack (1d20+10)[24]
    damage (1d8+6)[12]

23. - Top - End - #143

Jarome steps back as well, noting that his arrow hadn’t done much damage, he instead focuses on magic to take down the zombie threatening himself and Mercuira. He opens his mouth, and a rippling wave of sonic energy smashes into his target.

Spoiler: Ear-Piercing Scream
    Show

Fortitude DC 13

Daze (immune, I know)
    Damage (2d6)[12]
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2017-12-01 at 03:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Hastur gives a roar mirrored by a sympathetic grunt from Daedales as he is harmed again, then brings his falcon down in a slice meant to part the zombie's body in two. Daedalus whispers a few words and sends a spray of acid at one of the creatures menacing Jerome and Mercury, hoping to lessen the threat to them.
    Show
    Rolls and sheets are harder to do with my phone, so I humbly request the GM make my rolls for me if it isn't too much trouble.
    The Bear is Back.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The combat rages on, and the party has the upper hand, it is clear. Taicho's kick takes down another of the zombies, as he once again aims for the kick and cracks open the creature's skull. His elbow does smack into a zombie, as well, but it doesn't seem affected. Hastur easily slices down the last zombie threatening him, and between Daedalus and Mercuira the damaged one is taken down. Jarome's scream manages to take down the zombie that Taicho's elbow didn't affect, which only leaves one zombie up, right in front of Darach. It hisses, seeming vaguely conscious of how it is the only one left, and once again slams into Darach.

Spoiler: Attack on Darach
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6]

Crit does not confirm. 6 damage.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-12-02 at 11:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach rolls with the blow, letting out a shout as he sweeps his axe around once more, hopefully putting the last miner to rest for good.

Show
    Not cleaving this time, obviously

Attack: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[15]

-facepalm-
    I guess I've used up all my luck already
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-12-02 at 12:20 PM.

-----

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Darach lets out a mighty yell as he hefts his axe once again. This time, this time for sure! he's thinking as he throws his axe at the zombie.
    Oh, no, wait.
    He's using his greataxe. Not a throwing axe. Seems the adrenaline of the moment got to him, however, and the momentary lapse leaves him unarmed with his axe thrown clear across the room. At least he looked a little bit cool doing it, that really was a loud and triumphant battle cry, but the zombie is still standing.

28. - Top - End - #148

Goblin

Taicho again attempts to dodge and roll behind a zombie and bring down a hammer blow to the top of it's head.

Show
    Acrobatics (1d20+13)[16]
    Attack (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage (1d6+5)[10]
    If SA (2d6)[8]

edit:hopefully flanking and jarome's song gives me the +3 and a hit.
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-12-02 at 03:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Hastur does his best to slog forward and engage the remaining enemies, while Daedalus tramps after him and reloads his crossbow.

Show
    Here's hoping Taicho kills the last of the bastards while Hastur and Daedalus reposition.
    The Bear is Back.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira continues to fire away at the last remnant of the zombie horde as Darach somehow foolishly discards his weapon.

Show
    attack once again with same modifiers as before
    attack (1d20+10)[17]
    damage (1d8+6)[11]