New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Nature will gradually erase...

Between Taicho and Mercuira's attacks, the final zombie goes down and does not move again. There is now a small pile of bodies laying in this chamber, which you likely need to take the time to see to putting at rest. There is not any movement that you can see in this room, and in the quiet, you can hear the running water again, up ahead. You don't directly see a way forward from here, however, out of this room, other than an even smaller passage than what you have just come through. It appears dwarves aren't claustrophobic or wary of getting stuck underground.

Spoiler: EXP
    Show
    500 experience to everyone!
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Somewhat sheepishly, Darach recovers his greataxe, taking a brief moment to examine the small tunnel before returning to the fresh pile of corpses. "Same as before, Daedalus?" He does not relish the task, but if it will prevent this infection from taking more members of the town, it's worth it.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception check while I'm near the tunnel; not examining in great detail, just to see if I see/hear anything. I do have darkvision.
    (1d20+8)[18]

I guess we're melting these with acid splash too...
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

It's that time again. Thank you for your aid in getting rid of these hazards... Daedalus wrinkles his nose and goes to work. We should search the chamber, even if it appears empty. Perhaps find the source of that running water sound?
    It could be the source of the infestation.
    He does his work with disdain, but he does it thoroughly.
    The Bear is Back.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Taicho steps away from the bodies and begins going over the area, wary of whatever might be lurking deeper underground but also searching for anything the miners or previous adventurers may have dropped here.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Perception [roll]1d20+10[/roll]

I don't know what happened...will put in the ooc.
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-12-03 at 12:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As the bodies are melted away, Mercuira also takes the time to look around for any more danger.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    perception (1d20+9)[13]

6. - Top - End - #156

Jarome aids the others in searching the room to take his mind off the sight and smells of the work with acid. After they are done, he approaches the wounded with his wand of cure light wounds and starts patching them up.

Show

Perception - (1d20+7)[16]

Use wand of cure light wounds on the wounded until healed.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Healing Spells
    Show
    Just so everyone knows, Hastur can't be healed with Cure Light Wounds. Just kidding. But everyone else can go back up to full health, -6 charges on the wand.

Looking more closely around the room, you are able to see that, besides the small crawlspace on the other side of the chamber, there actually is a larger path forward - about twenty feet off the ground is an opening that seems promising. It looks like the dwarves used it, as well, in their original expedition down here, because there are already pitons in the cave wall as evidence that someone climbed it recently. At the bottom of this way forward are a few small packs, apparently from the expedition, as well. There are a few items inside that may be of interest or use to you all as you progress.

Spoiler: LOOT
    Show
    Vial of Alchemist's Fire x2
    Masterwork Pickaxe x1
    Potion of Detect Animals or Plants x3
    Scroll of Blight x2

I'm assuming you take the time to Detect Magic/Read Magic/Spellcraft what the scrolls and potions are.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-12-03 at 05:25 PM.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach takes note of the packs scattered around the tunnel. "Seem to be on the right track, still. I wonder if these belonged to the miners, or that other group of adventurers. Could come in handy later on." He doesn't move to take any of the items for himself, however, instead examining the tunnel ahead for a way forward, or for signs of any further creatures.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    If I need it: (1d20+8)[28]
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

9. - Top - End - #159

Jarome gathers up the items, and pulls up his right sleeve to reveal a clockwork mechanism attached to his arm. He opens it to reveal a potion, which he slips into his belt pouch, replacing it for one of the scrolls of Blight. Finished, he lets his sleeve drop down again and looks around to the others. "I'm more then happy to pass around the items. I think most of them will be very handy dealing with the plants ahead... and I think someone will want that pick back. I think these were supplies from the miners."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

It may take some luck, but I should be able to use that other scroll. It certainly could be useful against any further fungus ridden enemies. A lot of use for one of them, at least. Daedalus rolls up the scroll and ties it to his belt in a knot strong enough to keep it from falling to the muddy ground. Hastur takes a moment to clear his blade of any blood or ichor against his already messy pants, checking it over in the dim light. Let us press on, up into this tiny tunnel. It would be shameful to return to the dwarves with the job half done.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking ahead, Darach is able to see that the path 20 feet off the ground is likely the way you want to go. The narrowest passage on ground level looks like it will need widening if you want to go down that way, but the sound of running water is definitely coming from that direction. Taking a few steps back to get a better angle to see upwards, Darach is able to see evidence of activity up on the ledge ahead. As far as he can tell, it's an opening about 10 feet tall and 20 feet wide, with a narrower 10 foot wide passage heading off farther underground from there. There are more packs up on the ledge which he can see, and the glint of mithril embedded in the wall up there. You're very close, you've discovered the vein.

Spoiler: Climb Check
    Show
    DC 10 to climb up the wall using the pitons.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Looks like this is the way." Darach rummages around in his pack and brings out a set of climbing gear. He can use the pitons already in place, but the harnesses and other tools will help him keep steady on the climb. He slings his axe across his back. "I can drop this down for the rest of you once I'm up. Hopefully there's nothing immediately at the top of the ledge, but if there is I'll try and hold it off. Shouldn't be hard if it's more of those zombies."

Show
    Using a climbing kit for a +2 climb check.

If I can take 10, I will pass automatically. If not:
    Climb check: (1d20+2)[6]

I'll drop the climbing kit back down if anyone else wants to use it.

-----

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Easy does it, Hastur. We don't want another incident like that muddy hill. Daedalus readies himself to move forward, securing his gear and putting on a small pair of gloves for the climbing at hand.

If you bring that up again in the future I will ridicule you mercilessly for a month each time. Grumbles Hastur as he sheathes his falchion and prepares to climb as well.

Show
    I think both of them will take their time and take a 10 to climb. No need for further slap stick, if you know what I mean.
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #164

Jarome follows suit, taking his time and using the pitons to climb carefully, trusting Darach to call out if they are needed faster. Once on top, he assesses the tunnel to see if his bow is usable in the area ahead.

Show
    Taking 10 on my climb check as well.

15. - Top - End - #165

Goblin

Taicho is quiet and focused. Keeping an eye out for danger. He waits to go last.

Show
    Take 10=17

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira follows the others up the cliff, climbing carefully and hoping that there aren't more zombies to meet them on top.

Show
    take 10 on climb for 16

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

You all take your time and are able to climb up to the new level. There are more packs up here, presumably belonging to the miners, but these have been absolutely flayed to pieces, nothing salvageable except for a few more picks like the one you've already found down below. What did this isn't in immediate sight, but Darach, as the first one up, was able to glimpse movement for a moment down the corridor to your left. The vein runs along one wall, and the other is simple stone. The floor here is even and not as slick as it was below you, the passage ahead ten feet across. Who goes first?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach stands ready with axe in hand as the others come up. "I saw something down that way," he says as everyone gets their bearings. "Look sharp. I think we will find our prey soon." Once the rest of the party is prepared, he begins moving cautiously down the corridor, muttering a prayer as he does so.

Show
    Casting Bless, everyone gets +1 attack and +1 to saves vs fear for the next 4 minutes.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-12-06 at 03:11 PM.

-----

19. - Top - End - #169

Goblin

Taicho moves to cover the rear this time. Nervous about the water source and the potential of other zombies behind them. His Ioun torch floating beside him he draws his broadsword. Perhaps it will be a bit more effective than my fists. He says quietly not even realizing he spoke aloud.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Daedalus and Hastur resume their positions in the party, eyes searching and alert. Hastur looks eager, Daedalus looks worried, but both are prepared.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira stays near the center of the party, keeping her eyes open and an arrow ready.

Show
    perception (1d20+9)[19]

22. - Top - End - #172

Jarome joins his fellow archer in the center, prepared to support their more melee focused allies in whatever direction trouble comes at them from.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

Darach: (1d20+5)[24]
    Mercuira: (1d20+4)[17]
    Jarome: (1d20+5)[19]
    Daedalus: (1d20+4)[14]
    Hastur: (1d20+5)[24]
    Taicho: (1d20+7)[11]
    Monster: (1d20+2)[11]
    Monster: (1d20-1)[4]

Going to go ahead and let Darach tell the party what he's noticed, since he's in front and I have a feeling he wouldn't just let you all walk right into this. Everyone, go!

The group heads forward into the tunnel, Darach in the lead. As soon as you round the corner, the inquisitor holds up his hand to halt the group. Ahead are three distinct patches of bright yellow flowers, which seem to shudder for a moment in the light, before vines spring up from the ground and curl threateningly towards you. But that isn't what Darach has his eye on the entire time.
    "Watch the floor," he says. Beneath your feet is a thin layer of what seems to be mold and mushrooms, all sorts of different colors. And as Darach speaks, it animates as well, lifting off of the ground slowly.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-12-09 at 01:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach catches the mold out of the corner of his eye, just before it begins to animate itself. He glares at the tendrils creeping forward. "Void take this bloody forest," he mutters. Deciding the patch of flowers is the greatest threat, Darach charges forward, avoiding the slime by the door and chanting a litany as he goes.

Show
    Activating the Purity judgement, which gives me a +1 on all saves, +2 from creatures of the Plant type. I don't wanna be a plant zombie... Going to charge if I'm able. Also gonna cleave, if I can. If I have to pick cleave rather than charge.

Attack: (1d20+11)[12] (subtract 2 if I can't charge)
    Damage: (1d12+7)[14]

2nd Attack: (1d20+11)[16] (again, -2 without charge)
    Damage: (1d12+7)[18]

...wow, these nat 1s. Can I get them on things other than attacks please?

Remember, Bless gives everyone +1 attack and save vs. fear!
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2017-12-09 at 01:30 PM.

-----

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Daedalus drops behind Hastur as the eidolon makes it's way up to the growing carpet of plantlife and hacks at it with his sword, leaving the flowers for Darach. As he tries to block and kill the heaving mound, Daedalus unravels the scroll from his side and begins to impress his will on it, focusing his mind on the magic held within the inks as well as the yellow flowers and it's vines. Agentius umbre! He uses the full extent of his magical talent to attempt to "push" the magic of the blight scroll into their foe.

Show
    Hastur swings his sword for (1d20+7)[9] and (2d4+6)[12] damage. Daedalus rolls a use magic device check to activate the scroll of blight- (1d20+9)[25].
    The Bear is Back.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Mercuira looses her arrow at the middle patch of flowers, then retreats, hoping there isn't anything approaching from behind them.

Show
    attack, then move back as far as she can to still be in the light.

attack (1d20+9)[14] (+1 if within 30 ft)
    damage (1d8+2)[8] (+1 if within 30 ft +(2d6)[5] sneak attack if applicable)

27. - Top - End - #177

Goblin

Taicho breathes deeply. Exhales slow. His arm swaying. His posture begins to change. He crouches low and mimics the movements of a stalking cat. His eyes slightly glazed over and far away. Getting as close as he can to thoe far plant. Stopping just outside reach of the mushroom and moss. Looking ready to pounce.

Show
    Entering Tiger trance. It takes my standard.
    Last edited by thelastorphan; 2017-12-10 at 10:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Jarome flicks his wrist, the mechanism dropping the scroll of blight into his hand. He focuses on another of the plants as his will battles with the foreign magic of the scroll in an attempt to force its magic to activate anyway.

Show

Use Magic Device Roll: (1d20+10)[16]
    Assuming that works, and assuming it's a CL7 Druid spell of Blight, Damage is 7d6.
    Damage: (7d6)[22]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party advances, the plants spring into motion, as well. The arrow fired by Mercuira sinks solidly into the vines of one of the Creepers, and it almost seems to flinch before lashing out, a tendril flying towards Darach. The other Creeper does the same, a vine launching itself at Taicho. Meanwhile, the slime squelches as Hastur's blade digs in, and it retaliates my bodily launching itself at the eidolon.
    Neither Jarome nor Daedalus is able to get their scrolls to activate. The parchment grows warm in Daedalus' hands for a moment, but the feeling quickly dims - he was very close, at least.

Spoiler: Attack Rolls on Darach and Taicho
    Show
    Darach:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[8]

Taicho:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[5]
    No damage anywhere.

Spoiler: Attack on Hastur
    Show
    The Slime is attempting to engulf him. He can either take an attack of opportunity against it and be engulfed without having the chance to save, or he can try a reflex save DC 14 to get out of the way. If he attacks or does not make the save, he will take damage.
    Last edited by hannahbbug3; 2017-12-11 at 03:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach stumbles as the mold catches him. Cursing, he throws it off and continues forward toward his intended target. He approaches a bit more cautiously this time, closing in with the animate flowers before taking a wide swing with his axe.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Not charging, just moving up and cleaving.

First attack: (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage: (1d12+7)[8]
    Second attack: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (1d12+7)[16]

-----