New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1171
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "I enjoyed myself well enough," Kris replies with a shrug. "My mind's been kinda...floaty the whole time, partially the heat and partially the company, but also just...almost done y'know?"
    Yeah, I understand, two months off, feels like forever.... P'ro'shi how are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”Got hit by a car, was doing fine before that.”
    That seems random. Jen remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Yeah, I revolutionized the internet! Jen beamed happily. See I rolled max on my intelligence.... She starts
    Tanya listens politely as Jen explains how her test went. "Cool, glad it went so well for you!" she said when the sorceress finished. "I got kinda lucky, it pretty much gave me my parents' life, so that made it, you know, just a touch easier for me to figure out how to handle things," she said with a hint of sarcasm.

”Got hit by a car, was doing fine before that.”
    "...that's a thing it can do to you? Just at random?" Tanya said when Taika came over and answered Jen with that remark, more than a little surprised.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

”Yeah. It’s like making us play a cheap knockoff of The Sims is a terrible idea for a final.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

”Yeah. It’s like making us play a cheap knockoff of The Sims is a terrible idea for a final.”
    "Well, yeah, but that's par for the course around here. Kinda seems like it totally defeats any point of doin' it at all if it can just randomly kill you for no reason, though."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #1025

Episode 24 scene 6

And like that finals are over.

You all head to your homes, where you put on the best outfits you can, both to wow Jen. And cause it's a wedding, time to dress fancy.

You all head to the church, but whose there to see the best daughter first?

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =You managed to charm your parents into leaving early. +3 VP with Jen

Skill =You got a ride off of Luna. +2 VP with Luna

Conflict =You carried everything into your car quickly. +3 VP with Jen

Luck = You managed to get no traffic. +2 VP with Luna.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya finished dressing herself for the wedding quickly after getting home. She'd be wearing a full suit and tie, much to her annoyance - she honestly didn't like this sort of monkey suit much better than dresses. Ties in particular bothered her, uncomfortable as they were, and she would have left that off, had not her parents insisted.

Shortly thereafter, she and her parents were hurrying Tamara out the door to pile into the car and get going. They had a longer drive than most of the rest to the church, after all - plus it probably helped that she'd told her parents they were expected there a good half hour earlier than they actually were, just in case traffic was bad.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face +2, Overclock Burnout -2, Faustian Pact +2 = +4 total.

Hey, if I'm getting pacted, might as well try and use it.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-06-22 at 11:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Taika arrives a little early, though not as much as normal, instead arriving in an old looking minivan that her mother drives. Much as she argued that she was a careful flyer, her mother insisted that Taika be driven to not mess up her dress robes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)

Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Kris is uncharacteristically excited to get going to the wedding and practically pushes his folks out the door with solid enthusiasm. He's even wearing a lovely tux!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Strong 1, Boyish Charm 1, Thaw Out 2=+4.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

With the stress of the day finally done and over with, P’ro’shi finally has a chance to unwind with her friends tonight. Dressing up in a very high waisted dress to and stuffing more than a little to help exaggerate her figure, she gets a devious idea to surprise both friends. With the help of a gifted sash and her own skills, she hauls herself over the fence and sneaks onto her own friends estate to be already waiting in the car unnoticed, surprisingly the living bolt by seeming to just appear out of thin air with a coy “Lady like you’s Too lovely to be going to a ball like this without someone for company along the way.” as they begin to take off

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Strong Skill, +2 Shrinking Shadow, +1 Athletic.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2019-06-20 at 10:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mallory, as usual, arrived on time alongside her parents. She mostly focused on making small talk with some of the other guests... that is, until her ex-girlfriend arrived. Upon seeing her, Mallory pursed her lips, but in order to avoid causing a scene didn't move to avoid contact with her like she had been doing for most of the school day. A thousand thoughts ran through her head, but all she could manage to say as the other girl approached was a curt, "You're late."

The brief statement came off colder than was warranted, mostly due to the effort Mallory was going through to suppress her emotions in that moment. Mallory chanted a couple of mantras she knew under her breath in order to keep her mind calm and focused, hoping she didn't look too much like a crazy person in the process.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Weak Allure (-1), -1 total. Also using Faustian Pact on Tanya, though no real magic is being cast on her at the moment.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Kris is uncharacteristically excited to get going to the wedding and practically pushes his folks out the door with solid enthusiasm. He's even wearing a lovely tux!

Show
    Allure. Strong 1, Boyish Charm 1, Thaw Out 2=+4.
    And you are pretty much the first to see Jen.

I mean sure Tanya's car is right there with you.

But there's more then one lane, and it was a photo finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Tanya finished dressing herself for the wedding quickly after getting home. She'd be wearing a full suit and tie, much to her annoyance - she honestly didn't like this sort of monkey suit much better than dresses. Ties in particular bothered her, uncomfortable as they were, and she would have left that off, had not her parents insisted.

Shortly thereafter, she and her parents were hurrying Tamara out the door to pile into the car and get going. They had a longer drive than most of the rest to the church, after all - plus it probably helped that she'd told her parents they were expected there a good half hour earlier than they actually were, just in case traffic was bad.

Show
    Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Poker Face +2, Overclock Burnout -2, Faustian Pact +2 = +4 total.

Hey, if I'm getting pacted, might as well try and use it.
    Hey, Tanya. Hey Kris. Glad again you can make it! Jen beamed happily glomping both girls, and giving Tanya quite a long hug.

Any questions, you two?

Taika arrives a little early, though not as much as normal, instead arriving in an old looking minivan that her mother drives. Much as she argued that she was a careful flyer, her mother insisted that Taika be driven to not mess up her dress robes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)
    Taika sees Jen, Tanya and Kris talking. What does she do?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    With the stress of the day finally done and over with, P’ro’shi finally has a chance to unwind with her friends tonight. Dressing up in a very high waisted dress to and stuffing more than a little to help exaggerate her figure, she gets a devious idea to surprise both friends. With the help of a gifted sash and her own skills, she hauls herself over the fence and sneaks onto her own friends estate to be already waiting in the car unnoticed, surprisingly the living bolt by seeming to just appear out of thin air with a coy “Lady like you’s Too lovely to be going to a ball like this without someone for company along the way.” as they begin to take off

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Strong Skill, +2 Shrinking Shadow, +1 Athletic.
    AAAA!!!!! Luna screams as the area crackles with electricity, you hear something in the car let out a large scream.

Sure! Startle the girl with superpowers. She snarks.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Mallory, as usual, arrived on time alongside her parents. She mostly focused on making small talk with some of the other guests... that is, until her ex-girlfriend arrived. Upon seeing her, Mallory pursed her lips, but in order to avoid causing a scene didn't move to avoid contact with her like she had been doing for most of the school day. A thousand thoughts ran through her head, but all she could manage to say as the other girl approached was a curt, "You're late."

The brief statement came off colder than was warranted, mostly due to the effort Mallory was going through to suppress her emotions in that moment. Mallory chanted a couple of mantras she knew under her breath in order to keep her mind calm and focused, hoping she didn't look too much like a crazy person in the process.

Show
    Weak Allure (-1), -1 total. Also using Faustian Pact on Tanya, though no real magic is being cast on her at the moment.
    Um? No she's not. None of you are, and she was here first. Jen admits.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

And you are pretty much the first to see Jen.

I mean sure Tanya's car is right there with you.

But there's more then one lane, and it was a photo finish.

Hey, Tanya. Hey Kris. Glad again you can make it! Jen beamed happily glomping both girls, and giving Tanya quite a long hug.

Any questions, you two?
    "Are people gonna make a fuss if I join the other girls when the bouquet gets tossed?" Kris jokes. "Actually, related question, anybody coming here we need to be mentally prepared to endure?"

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

Any questions, you two?
    Tanya found herself, with mixed feelings, pulling back from the hug probably earlier than Jen would have on her own, as it started to go on longer than was entirely comfortable to her. To Jen's question she responded, "Well, guess we start with the obvious - any specific place we're supposed to sit during the ceremony, or is it just take a seat anywhere?" she asked.

Show
    Tanya's attention was drawn hearing Mal's voice, sounding, well, about as cold as she'd usually fear it would of late... only to see it directed at someone else who, aside from being a touch shorter and dressing a bit more casually (the way Tanya wished she could for this...), looked remarkably like her. Huh, that was weird. Some relative of Jen's new mom maybe? And she was now looking at Mal with confusion and a bit of annoyance. Sighing, she stepped forward to defuse the situation. "Sorry, think she's mistakin' you for me," she explained.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-06-24 at 07:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1034

"Are people gonna make a fuss if I join the other girls when the bouquet gets tossed?" Kris jokes. "Actually, related question, anybody coming here we need to be mentally prepared to endure?"
    I don't believe so. But I don't have much family on my dad's side. Jen admits sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Tanya found herself, with mixed feelings, pulling back from the hug probably earlier than Jen would have on her own, as it started to go on longer than was entirely comfortable to her. To Jen's question she responded, "Well, guess we start with the obvious - any specific place we're supposed to sit during the ceremony, or is it just take a seat anywhere?" she asked.

Tanya's attention was drawn hearing Mal's voice, sounding, well, about as cold as she'd usually fear it would of late... only to see it directed at someone else who, aside from being a touch shorter and dressing a bit more casually (the way Tanya wished she could for this...), looked remarkably like her. Huh, that was weird. Some relative of Jen's new dad maybe? And she was now looking at Mal with confusion and a bit of annoyance. Sighing, she stepped forward to defuse the situation. "Sorry, think she's mistakin' you for me," she explained.
    (New dad, wasn't aware Jen's dad died. What did Tanya do!? )

I think she's on time as well. Jen remarks.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

"That's okay, that means that this should go off without a hitch, then."

Show

16. - Top - End - #1036

"That's okay, that means that this should go off without a hitch, then."
    Are weddings usually chaotic? Jen remarks.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Are weddings usually chaotic? Jen remarks.
    ”No, but our group’s lives are.”

Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

"Ain't that the truth..." Tanya couldn't help agreeing.

19. - Top - End - #1039

I wanna argue, but I can't.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Episode 24 Scene 7

As people start to assemble for the ceremony. You still have some time to explore the grounds, and Jen is clearly getting impatient and in need of distraction, what do you do?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Skill =d7 You actually know the history of the building, entertain Jen by reciting it. +2 VP with Jen

Conflict =d9 Fight! Round 1. +3 VP with Jen

Luck =d5 Have something exciting happen to you. +1 VP with Luna

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Taika just quietly goes along with whatever everyone else does.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No way to meet any of the Jen DCs, no abilities to charge, so... Skill?

Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Kris wanders away from the main festivities looking for a bit of peace and quiet for a few minutes before heading back into the fray. He finds a little path leading away from things and starts down it, only to quiet his steps when he hears something naughty going on up ahead. He peeks around the corner, and can't believe his eyes! After a few minutes observing discretely, he rushes off to share the secret with Luna lest he burst out and blab to everyone!

Show
    Luck. Hidden Talent (Snoop) +2, Thaw Out +2, total +4. Triggering Hidden Talent.

I know you wanted us to surprise you with Luck, but I'd prefer to discuss possibilities in private rather than like...idk just arbitrarily declare a particular couple of NPCs to be canonically boning in the other room that you might think would hook up.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya, unsure what to say in this particular situation, wracked her brain for some topic to bring up...

Show
    Skill, Deep Freeze +2.
    Deep Freeze on scene 1/3.

I figure if Tanya succeeds, she remembers that she's heard something about the place; if not, she's got nothing.

Yeah, I could probably come up with something for her to BS for Poker Face, but it doesn't quite feel right to me. In-character she'd more likely want to be going for some kind of Allure, "be nice to Jen" thing here, but that's not an option, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-07-17 at 11:27 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mallory was busy staring at... a brick wall. Odd perhaps to the multitude of complete strangers who had never seen the demon girl before, and odder still to the friends who do know her, but Mallory could swear there was something odd about this cluster of stones.

Experimentally, she pushed her fingers against one of the bricks and... it actually pressed into the wall a little! Was it a hidden mechanism, or just a loose brick? Mallory was just bored enough to try and figure it out, so she started experimentally pressing different bricks in an attempt to discern some sort of pattern.

Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), +3 total.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Mallory was busy staring at... a brick wall. Odd perhaps to the multitude of complete strangers who had never seen the demon girl before, and odder still to the friends who do know her, but Mallory could swear there was something odd about this cluster of stones.

Experimentally, she pushed her fingers against one of the bricks and... it actually pressed into the wall a little! Was it a hidden mechanism, or just a loose brick? Mallory was just bored enough to try and figure it out, so she started experimentally pressing different bricks in an attempt to discern some sort of pattern.

Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Fiendish Cunning (+2), +3 total.
    Mal, Mal, what are you doing? Jen asked clearly confused by Mal's actions.

Kris wanders away from the main festivities looking for a bit of peace and quiet for a few minutes before heading back into the fray. He finds a little path leading away from things and starts down it, only to quiet his steps when he hears something naughty going on up ahead. He peeks around the corner, and can't believe his eyes! After a few minutes observing discretely, he rushes off to share the secret with Luna lest he burst out and blab to everyone!

Show
    Luck. Hidden Talent (Snoop) +2, Thaw Out +2, total +4. Triggering Hidden Talent.

I know you wanted us to surprise you with Luck, but I'd prefer to discuss possibilities in private rather than like...idk just arbitrarily declare a particular couple of NPCs to be canonically boning in the other room that you might think would hook up.
    Oh my god, really? Luna giggled mischievously.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Mal, Mal, what are you doing? Jen asked clearly confused by Mal's actions.
    Tanya didn't say anything, still trying to avoid any uncomfortable confrontations, but couldn't help giving her ex a confused look as Jen brought attention to her unusual actions.

27. - Top - End - #1047

Episode 24 Scene 8.

It is now time for the ceremony. Jen is walking her dad down the aisle, in a complete reversal of the bride walking down the aisle. But Le gasp the ring is missing.

That's crap! I didn't even get a chance to lose it yet! Jen protests.

"Yes, I'm sorry. But apparently our wedding staff is useless." The angel priest calls out over his shoulder to a bunch of scared children.

I mean can't we just do the ceremony without the ring? Jen continues. I mean it totally sucks that we can't find it, but maybe we can do the ceremony now, and find the ring later.

"And give one of these useless morons a chance to pawn it, I think not. No one's allowed to leave till we find the ring!"

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =Charm your way outside so you can see if it was dropped. +2 VP with Luna,

Skill =Start a grid search. +3 VP with Jen.

Conflict =Strongarm the church guards and see if it was dropped. +3 VP with Jen, +4 VP with Luna.

Luck =You find it under your seat. +2 VP with Luna.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Taika just silently begins planning out how to search the area: sections. Wandering wildly would get her nowhere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill

Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Surprisingly, Mallory took the lead in the search, "Alright people, spread out and begin combing the area. If it was dropped, it had to have been in the church!"

Turning to the priest, she says, "Meanwhile, I want a list of every person who would have been in contact with the ring, from the groom all the way to where it was supposed to turn up. We'll follow the list through the staff and figure out exactly who lost it, and whether they actually lost it or are trying to sneak it out of the church."

Show
    Strong Skill (+1), Connections (+2), Fiendish Cunning (+2), +5 total.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Kris keeps in his seat. He'd just get in the way if he tried ti help search...

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    luck. +0.

My Homebrew