New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

Episode 21 Scene 5

"Look, I'm just saying, cultural ignorance shouldn't get her fired, we just need to tell her that that behavior isn't appropriate for a teacher and she'll stop." You hear the voice of Ashley, Mallory's captain speaking up.

"Oh right, because the schools in France totally allow this crap." Steven remarks, before twirling around and transforming into his true magical boy form. "I work for a fire nymph, and she doesn't feel me up." (Those that succeeded on the skill check last scene know that fire nymphs also have touch sense and are typically as touchy feely as water nymphs)

"I'm like 99 percent sure, she hasn't felt anyone up." Ashley remarks.

"My point is. It isn't a cultural clash, she shouldn't be teaching if she's going to "hug" all of the children." Steven continues. "She needs to go, before some poor student gets ideas."

Oh god. An argument. Who's side are you going to take?

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Pick who you want to back in your roll. Highest roll shapes the episode

Allure =Make a heartfelt plea. +2 VP with Luna.

Skill =It's logic time. +2 VP with Luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I agree with Steve on this," Mallory said, stepping up to her captain, "Regardless of whether this is cultural ignorance or not, she needs to be capable of following our regulations if she is going to teach in our school. Excusing her actions isn't going to help her learn, and if she is incapable or unwilling to change, she should not be allowed to teach here."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"How freaking long are you prudes gonna be stuck up on this? There's a massive gulp between 'hugging students as a greeting' and 'sleeping with a student' or 'feeling up a student'. That's just an irrational Slippery Slope fallacy not much different from 'first, you let same-sex couples marry, soon enough, you'll have people marrying their horses!'. Of what actual relevance if she doesn't meat your ultimately arbitrary standards of 'professionalism'? Any basic sense of fairness at least dictates warning her before moving to remove her."
    To try and help make her own point with an ill-thought demonstration. She makes a motion towards the magic boy two cords from her neck grabbing at his arms before putting on the best mockery of his voice she can manage "Help, Help, officer."
    "This is a ridiculous overeaction."
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Normal Allure, +2 Touchy Spot
    Backing up Ashley.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2017-11-22 at 10:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"P'ro'shi has a point, Mal. At the very least she is deserving of a warning before punitive actions are necessary," Taika says, trying to calm the demoness. "If she responds poorly after being corrected, then sure, throw the book at her, but I don't see this as being different than how a kiss on the cheek being how friends greet each other in some cultures. It is not as though she persisted when students objected."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (+1), Witch (+2)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2017-11-22 at 09:01 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya looked a bit quizzically at her girlfriend after she had made her argument. "Uh, Mal? Think you just made Ashley's case for her," she remarked. "You just said 'if she ain't willing to change' - which ain't happened yet, 'cause she ain't been talked to about this. Which is all Ashley's sayin' to do. I mean, c'mon, I'm no lawyer here but even I know that firin' someone over somethin' like this without even tryin' to see if they can just be talked to about it and change it don't make any sense."

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Allure +1, Boyish Charm +1, Thaw Out +2 = +4 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.

Edit: supporting Ashley, obviously.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2017-11-23 at 05:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Yeah, Ash-e-ley is right! Lauca chimes in. She's not even doing anything bad! She's just being really nice and friendly because she's new and she doesn't know! Just like Lauca used to not know!

Spoiler: Allure
    Show
    Strong Allure +1 = +1
    supporting Ash

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't really see the problem," Kristi spoke up. "I mean yeah, if you don't wanna be hugged,
    let her know you prefer your personal space, but as far as baseball metaphors go, you're complaining about a teacher coming up to bat when the principal is constantly trying to steal home plate. Nymphs aren't quite like succubi - the knowledge of the inherent naughtiness of casual intimacy isn't hardwired into their brains, they need to be told there are boundaries."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure, supporting Ashley. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2=+4. Activating Thaw Out.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "I don't really see the problem," Kristi spoke up. "I mean yeah, if you don't wanna be hugged,
    let her know you prefer your personal space, but as far as baseball metaphors go, you're complaining about a teacher coming up to bat when the principal is constantly trying to steal home plate. Nymphs aren't quite like succubi - the knowledge of the inherent naughtiness of casual intimacy isn't hardwired into their brains, they need to be told there are boundaries."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure, supporting Ashley. Strong roll 1+Boyish Charm 1+Thaw Out 2=+4. Activating Thaw Out.
    Wait! Wait! Luna replies concerned. Ms.Smith is trying to sleep with you? She asks very very concerned. Are you okay!?

You're pretty sure you heard Jen mutter lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "I agree with Steve on this," Mallory said, stepping up to her captain, "Regardless of whether this is cultural ignorance or not, she needs to be capable of following our regulations if she is going to teach in our school. Excusing her actions isn't going to help her learn, and if she is incapable or unwilling to change, she should not be allowed to teach here."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.
    However you do feel Steven be swayed by all the cute girls into accepting their ideas of. Asking her to stop.

The monsters.

What do you all do?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Wait! Wait! Luna replies concerned. Ms.Smith is trying to sleep with you? She asks very very concerned. Are you okay!?

You're pretty sure you heard Jen mutter lucky.
    "...think you mean 'creepy,' Dove," Tanya remarked, giving her friend a look - but one that definitely didn't have as much bite to it as she meant it to, since she found herself feeling briefly jealous of Ms. Smith. Not that she wanted to be anything like their principal, of course, it was just Jen...

She buried that thought in a hurry, and hoped nothing about it had shown on her face. Sheesh, where had that come from? She'd thought she was past that, now that she and Mal were dating.

"I mean," she started, picking up what she'd meant to be saying, "if that's what Kristi's implyin', it'd be kinda important, actually. That'd be somethin' big Scout could use in tryin' to get Ms. Smith fired - right?" she asked her girlfriend.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "...think you mean 'creepy,' Dove," Tanya remarked, giving her friend a look - but one that definitely didn't have as much bite to it as she meant it to, since she found herself feeling briefly jealous of Ms. Smith. Not that she wanted to be anything like their principal, of course, it was just Jen...

She buried that thought in a hurry, and hoped nothing about it had shown on her face. Sheesh, where had that come from? She'd thought she was past that, now that she and Mal were dating.

"I mean," she started, picking up what she'd meant to be saying, "if that's what Kristi's implyin', it'd be kinda important, actually. That'd be somethin' big Scout could use in tryin' to get Ms. Smith fired - right?" she asked her girlfriend.
    I'm kinda infinitely more concerned with Kristi's mental health here. Luna cuts in.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Taika gives a rather surprised look to Jen. ”Did I hear that right?”

Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Taika gives a rather surprised look to Jen. ”Did I hear that right?”
    You know I like older women. Jen remarks awkwardly rubbing her other arm.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

”Nope, I must have missed it,” Taika says, formulas and incantations to make herself look older begin to take form in her head.

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Post Re: Year of the yuri harem IC 16 "Things Fall Apart"

You would be cute together! Lauca pointed out unhelpfully.

15. - Top - End - #75

”Nope, I must have missed it,” Taika says, formulas and incantations to make herself look older begin to take form in her head.
    Huh... I thought it was obvious. Jen replies.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    You would be cute together! Lauca pointed out unhelpfully.
    Heh. Thanks, but as physically attractive as she is, she doesn't have alot of.... um... common sense. Jen replies.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Heh. Thanks, but as physically attractive as she is, she doesn't have alot of.... um... common sense. Jen replies.
    Neither does Lauca, and Lauca would still date herself! Lauca explained with some level of self reflection. And Luna still dates her too!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Kristi blushes and looks down. "No! No, it's...nothing like that, I'm just exaggerating a bit based on her behavior in general. It's just...well, you know how she is with most anybody in a skirt. I mean, I don't think she's like that with students, but she doesn't exactly hold back from flirting when students are present - it's just, y'know, done with other adults." Kristi pauses, thinking. "I don't see her around students much, since I mostly try to avoid getting in trouble, but when I see her, it's usually when I'm with Effie and they end up hugging. If she's not like that with other students, it's probably about something else rather than her just being touchy with our peers."

"I dunno, the metaphor made more sense in my head. She's not doing anything bad, I think, she's just...clearly a lot more intentionally sexual on-the-job than Ms Stormsong."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

Neither does Lauca, and Lauca would still date herself! Lauca explained with some level of self reflection. And Luna still dates her too!
    Well uh people want different things out of their partners.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Kristi blushes and looks down. "No! No, it's...nothing like that, I'm just exaggerating a bit based on her behavior in general. It's just...well, you know how she is with most anybody in a skirt. I mean, I don't think she's like that with students, but she doesn't exactly hold back from flirting when students are present - it's just, y'know, done with other adults." Kristi pauses, thinking. "I don't see her around students much, since I mostly try to avoid getting in trouble, but when I see her, it's usually when I'm with Effie and they end up hugging. If she's not like that with other students, it's probably about something else rather than her just being touchy with our peers."

"I dunno, the metaphor made more sense in my head. She's not doing anything bad, I think, she's just...clearly a lot more intentionally sexual on-the-job than Ms Stormsong."
    Oh I don't give a **** if she's banging every teacher in this school.... Well I mean unless she's coerincing them. I was just concerned she was touching students. Luna replies.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

”I’m kinda bad at noticing other people’s interests...” Taika says, thinking back to her disastrous attempt to pair Nate and Agatha together.

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well uh people want different things out of their partners.

Oh I don't give a **** if she's banging every teacher in this school.... Well I mean unless she's coerincing them. I was just concerned she was touching students. Luna replies.
    At this Lauca draped her arms around Luna. Ms. Smith and Ms. Stormsong would get along good together!

21. - Top - End - #81

”I’m kinda bad at noticing other people’s interests...” Taika says, thinking back to her disastrous attempt to pair Nate and Agatha together.
    Huh. I didn't notice. Jen remarked.

At this Lauca draped her arms around Luna. Ms. Smith and Ms. Stormsong would get along good together!
    I'm sure they'd like it. Luna chuckles.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-11-28 at 09:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. I didn't notice. Jen remarked.

I'm sure they'd like it. Luna chuckles.
    Ironic. ”Well, never the less, it sounds like they want to give her a chance.” Ooh! Maybe next year at Halloween, she could dress up as a sexy teacher. That would get Jen’s attention.

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Ironic. ”Well, never the less, it sounds like they want to give her a chance.” Ooh! Maybe next year at Halloween, she could dress up as a sexy teacher. That would get Jen’s attention.
    Yeah, sorry Mal. Jen remarked.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"Nothing to be sorry about," Taika says, shooting a small glare at Mal. "For someone who is unhappy about how they come off to other people, you're awfully quick to throw the book at someone for any slight infraction."

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post

"It would be, if it was anything substantial," Mallory replies with a frown, "As is, hearsay could potentially get her in trouble, but without definitive proof it would most likely simply result in a warning."

"Nothing to be sorry about," Taika says, shooting a small glare at Mal. "For someone who is unhappy about how they come off to other people, you're awfully quick to throw the book at someone for any slight infraction."
    "Well maybe if doing anything less actually worked, I might be more open to leniency," Mallory snaps back, "But prior experience has shown that to not be the case."

26. - Top - End - #86

"It would be, if it was anything substantial," Mallory replies with a frown, "As is, hearsay could potentially get her in trouble, but without definitive proof it would most likely simply result in a warning."

"Well maybe if doing anything less actually worked, I might be more open to leniency," Mallory snaps back, "But prior experience has shown that to not be the case."
    Didn't you get Alex to calm down quite a bit by leniency. Jen remarked.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Didn't you get Alex to calm down quite a bit by leniency. Jen remarked.
    "Barely," Mallory said with a frown, "Calling what I had with her 'progress' is quite the stretch. It was more of a 'truce' than anything else."

28. - Top - End - #88

"Barely," Mallory said with a frown, "Calling what I had with her 'progress' is quite the stretch. It was more of a 'truce' than anything else."
    I don't think it's a stretch. What would you call a stretch? Jen remarks.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Putting your leg behind your head

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Putting your leg behind your head
    "That's a metaphor, Lauca," Mallory corrected her gently, "We are not talking about literal stretches."

She turns back to Jennifer and harshly says, "Tell me, how had Alex's behavior change due to me being lenient? Because I could hardly tell the difference between her behavior when we first met her and when she distanced herself from us. She still has no respect for the law, she still is lewd and crude almost constantly, and she still has anger issues so severe that they make me look like a Tibetan monk."